[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

Hello guys! I had this idea yesterday and i think it would be a great addition to the game and i really think it would be easy to implement. I always wanted to wear outfits while i'm not in combat or adventuring somewhere but since you need to go through the menu , i never bother with it. Wouldn't it be great if we could map a key for the outfit to be on or off? (Basically a key that checks and unchecks the little box in the outfit window)   I hope you guys can support this idea and maybe someday we get it.

Guild wars 2 needs more tutorials. The in game beginner achievements is just map completion that give AP. The only guide present in game for players is the first instance or the dodge training. Players should be told about defiance bar, defiance bar breaking skills, dungeons, champions and world bosses after leaving the first instance. It should be indicated too that, to level up, they need xp: showing them through killing monster and giving just 1 tome of knowledge to show them this is another way to level up.

How work revive, how look events on the map, the different icons used.

On another topic, there should be a wish list system with the gemstore. It shows all the items that were released and you tick the ones you want news about, when returning, an in game mail is sent to you to inform you, maybe irl mails too.

• Like 1

Just a few ideas.

» Reward track for core tyria gift of exploration - Requirements to unlock it: Have completed map completion at least 1 time

It would let those of us who have done the deed able to get it in another way, and it will still have newer players experience it as well. No harm in that. 

» Adjustment of mob density and aggro range in certain areas - I love this game, really do. But please explain to the devs that you don't need to fight a mob every 10 steps in certain maps and areas. There's a good balance between engaging and just plain annoying. The Cursed Shore was adjusted at one time..please seriously consider this for some of the other maps. As for the aggro distance, lets be real here..that Jacaranda just magically attacking me from 30 miles away is stupid. 

• Like 1

I know that security is important for you, but it's really really annoying that to create a password I cannot use the words I want, I have to invent something so elaborated that is easy to forget. Yo should improve that. Also, every time I click a new page I have to login again, that's really annoying too. 

Society has progressed in leaps and bounds but Anet , even after announcing how committed the company is to diversity, fail to progress the game.

I wanted to create a short and roundish toon, that some might say would be on the obese side, to reflect real life but no templates represented my body type. All are muscular or skinny, which I am willing to bet is not indictive of the player base majority. I kinda find this insulting, like Anet wants me to be like what they picture as an appropriate body type. I also wonder why armor and clothing is male/female specific, there are numerous female armor templates I would love for my male toon. My brother whom plays laughs at me for wanting this but has never supported me in my life's choices and feel I am receiving the same treatment from GW2. Anet get with the times, don't just give mouth service to progress.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

Realistically speaking (yes, I know, it's a make believe game), mythical heroes are more likely to be well built and robust, like Wonder Woman or Hercules. Someone who is obese is most likely not going to be able to swing a sword or evade an opponent for very long. Having said that, it IS possible to adjust sliders to make a character look on the somewhat chubby side. I did that with my own character. If you compare her to other female human characters, she is definitely a lot more chubby than most of them. Let me ask you though, do you really need your toon to look just like you to validate yourself? The characters we create and play in this game are looked up to, both by the npcs and by other players for the heroic deeds and the courage and conviction that they display. Self worth comes not from the outside but from within.

• Like 4

And some lament the opposite, in playing female characters from certain races, and only being offered male versions of certain armor, etc. 

I don't think ArenaNet is laughing at you;  more of a 'here is what characters look like, mostly, in the Tyrian universe according to our vision'.  Also, here's what will satisfy the most players, and create the most revenue.

Maybe new character creation options will come out with End of Dragons, but it may not be wise to hold one's breath.

• Like 2

Well spoken , but it's hard to have self worth inside when your outside appearance is not accepted nor tolerated. I do have a great sense of self worth and even though I am roundish shape I exceled at wrestling and football my mobility is excellent and I also practice Moo Duk Kwan. I just wanted to see myself as the Hero. I apologize for bringing this up, maybe I am just being selfish.

I think it is not realistic to have an obese/plus-size character in this game. All the running, combat and dodging is tiring to manoeuvre on keyboard at times already so in ‘real life’ it would have been making the character fit to say the least

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Dark Dvid.2906 said:

Well spoken , but it's hard to have self worth inside when your outside appearance is not accepted nor tolerated. I do have a great sense of self worth and even though I am roundish shape I exceled at wrestling and football my mobility is excellent and I also practice Moo Duk Kwan. I just wanted to see myself as the Hero. I apologize for bringing this up, maybe I am just being selfish.

I wouldn't say you are selfish. Perhaps just a bit insecure in the face of whatever stigmatization you are facing. My advice to you is to ignore, as hard as it might be at times, those people who are stigmatizing you. THEY are the ones with the real problem. Their views are literally only skin deep. Heroes by the way, come in all shapes and sizes. Just look at all the nurses and doctors who went above and beyond the call of duty during the pandemic.

Edited by Eraden.8740
  • Like 1

There are also techical reasons. Parts of armor cliping, animations.

Animations? Just think. Big belly, swing a sword(animation is the same for all body sizes), off goes your extra stuff.

Plus think of the mounts. They already have to carry big char and norns. And you want super sized ones?!?

add the numeric level of  crafting to the list of disciplines when mousing over the character on the character selection screen. Currently it'll say "-- artificer" even if i accidentally clicked "make me an artificer" one time a long time ago and have no desire to level it. Would like to see "--artificer 0" or "--artificer 500" in that popup.

alternatively allow a character to remove a crafting discipline (with all the normal "are you sure?" popups), such as when you've been at level 0 for 3+ years and you get confused everytime you're looking for that character that has that discipline.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/31/2021 at 1:59 AM, Loke.1429 said:

All the following suggestions relate to WvW:
- Make NPCs unable to tag towers and keeps, only camps (I dont like that dredge cannon can tag keep and tower in EB)
- Keep stacks from sigils when changing border (major annoyance, discourages border hopping)
- Make keeping a tower/garrison tagged require more and more people (so that a single person with stealth cannot keep a garrison continously tagged for hours).

- Make camps flip-able for supply at any time (the wait is awful game design), but make the score take longer (need to hold camps so and so long or something that makes capping possible but not always give score)

- Make teleporting to waypoint from stealth impossible (can teleport after leaving stealth for 3 sec). This is a huge annoyance for me. Searching for permastealth not even knowing if they ported. Tbh, parital removal of stealth based on proximity is needed in this game. Stealth as it is now is garbage.
- Stealthing puts and keeps you in combat
- Larger squads, or squads that can share player position information. Maybe this type of commander to commander functionality could be really cool.
- Give penalty to wvw exp when running hidden tag, give slight penalty to wxp while running closed tag

- Redesign rewards in wvw to discourage afk'ing (make it go to zero rewards much faster). Maybe a unique stacking form of debuff to players that stand still for more than so and so long, that kicks them eventually, much faster than now.

- Give new / all players option to purchase a temporary warclaw or something like that. Maybe they dont find a group right away and start disliking wvw because they get run down by groups (with warclaws)

- Encourage border hopping when there is queues, by allowing players to go back to previous WvW map for the next 3-5minutes. It hurts the game mode a lot that commanders for example start on EB, need to go to a borderland to defend, get stuck in the borderland because of queue. Find less content in the borderland. Then log off from the borderland because of queue(s). "Oh so you wanna win? Well then you need to go and not play for a while".

- More skins on warclaw and siege.

- More ways to make the guilds more flashy in wvw
- Make all the PoF / HoT skills have better ground telegraphs. Some area of effect skills dont have ground markings, which is unintuitive, trolly and plain old awful.

- Make all blocks only have partial damage reduction or work like barrier. To much invuln, block, etc. in the game now.

- Nerf ACs, improve balance, reduce lag, etc. 🙂

- Do more work on balance, to allow more specs. Don't lazily feel ok that one spec per class kind of works (even though some are far superior)

- Make WvW feel more alive, with some back-story or similar, and maybe a story quest to introduce the spvp and wvw game modes to newer players, with some hand holding / intro.

I also want to add:
-Put a 3 sec cooldown on warclaw as a whole after leaving stealth or 5sec cooldown on warclaw dismount skill after leaving stealth (#4)

Edited by Loke.1429

Guild openworld banner placement suggestion.

currently if you open the guild tab, and place a guild bonus banner, it will stack on other banners if you forget to move your character for each banner placed.

it would be amazing if, when selected, the guild banners automatically space themselves out several 100 units apart so they don't all stack into a giant pile of 'i just wasted a ton of materials / guild comms cause i forgot to move my toon'

• Like 2