[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

On 7/24/2022 at 5:58 PM, Poisonfrog.9812 said:

I really think it would make a big difference for players like me to change the icon back to the anvil. The anvil has a distinctive shape, the icon has enough contrast that it's easy to see on the map/minimap, and it's not mixed up with armor vendors.

This has been implemented! (Thank  you Anet!) The icon on the minimap could use a darker/thicker outline but overall it's really nice to have it distinct from the armor vendors! 🙂 🙂 🙂

• Like 2

I suggest releasing skins for certain legendaries that tone down/use specific animations for them, namely:

Sharur - A Day skin and a Night skin, as some might prefer one over the other.

Juggernaut - A "lite" skin that has all the same effects, minus converting your entire character into metal.

Dreamer - A "lite" that uses a simpler streaking rainbow rather than an entire unicorn with each shot. (Also, put a cooldown on those sound effects-- Or at least a longer one-- Skin or no skin)

There's probably others but that's what comes to mind for me.

• Confused 2

- Allow Jade Tech Protocols to remain when character visits: Mistlock Sanctuary, Home Instance and Guild Hall.

- Add Jade Tech Offensive and Defensive protocols with Jade Batteries as Home Instance bundle ( whatever Gemstore or NPC Vendor Sell ). This way players could stack Jade Tech Protocol buffs in home instance. Jade Batteries should reset on character's re-entry in home zone, and be max of 6-8. We can stack 2 hours of Protocols buff anyway by going in\out of Arborstone.

Edited by Aeon.4583
  • Sad 1

Saw this wiki page earlier today:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Category:Dyeable_back_items

And it showed a lot of gem backpack skins that have at least 1 dye channel. Maybe you can do the same with Lightbinder? I love the skin as it matches the aesthetic of my Bladesworn however I would like the option to change the color of, at least, the glow of the blades (if possible the handle and handle strap as well). 

It would really give me and the others who appreciate this backpack skin more freedom to mix and match with other in-game and gem store skins. 

Hope this reaches the Dev team.

By the way, great job on maintaining and continuously developing this game, awesome work

Edited by RexIratus.9068

I'd like to be able to retrieve items from the BLTC without retrieving the money, and vice versa.

Or I suppose the ultimate ask would be to all you to take only certain things from the BLTC while leaving others, including being able to take 'some' of the money.

You could have asked, and I could have clarified, 
but good luck with your personal liberties. ⬇

Edited by notebene.3190
  • Confused 1

Please change the recipe of the Gift of Prosperity, as it requires the same 4 ingredients required in the full ingredients list of making a legendary rune. I suggest this because I just crafted the Gift of Prosperity by accident when trying to mystic forge/craft a legendary rune. As you can see below, in the FULL list of ingredients required to make a legendary rune, the SAME 4 ingredients are required.

Legendary Rune ingredients list:

1x Gift of Runes (50x Mystic Aspect, 20x Mystic Clover100x Glob of Ectoplasm, 50x Obsidian Shard)

1x Gift of Craftsmanship

1x Gift of Condensed Might

1x Gift of Condensed Magic

Gift of Prosperity ingredients list:

15x Mystic Clover

1x Gift of Craftsmanship

I have underlined the ingredients that are used in both recipes.

How this accident happened: I personally prefer to have ALL the ingredients ready AND in my inventory at the time, BEFORE I make or complete an item - in this case, I wanted to craft a legendary rune.

In my haste and naivety of crafting another legendary rune, I didn't make sure that I was specifically crafting a Gift of Runes - because in my mind, I figured I had ALL the ingredients for making a legendary rune, so I thought there shouldn't be any problems and it was all just a matter of mystic forging the last few components.

Unfortunately, I made a Gift of Prosperity instead, because the same 4 ingredients are used in the process of making a legendary rune (minus the Gift of Runes ingredients), despite the Gift of Runes requiring obviously and completely different items than a Gift of Prosperity, but because I had ALL the ingredients for making a legendary rune, and not confirming that I was making a Gift of Runes (to then finally craft the legendary rune), this is how I accidentally made a Gift of Prosperity instead.

I'm usually very careful, but today just wasn't one of those days where I made sure I was doing everything correctly and crafting things in the order that they should be crafted.

What I SHOULD have put in the mystic forge was:

50x Mystic Aspect

20x Mystic Clover

100x Glob of Ectoplasm

50x Obsidian Shard

To make the Gift of Runes, AND THEN use the Gift of Craftsmanship, Gift of Condensed Might, Gift of Condensed Magic, and GIFT OF RUNES to make the legendary rune. I got it all muddled up. Needless to say it was not a good day for me, as my heart sank when I realized I crafted the wrong thing in the mystic forge.

Hindsight is 2020, so next time I need to make sure that I either 1) don't have the full list of ingredients in my inventory to craft a legendary rune, OR, 2) make sure I follow the EXACT process (to the T) by confirming that I'm actually crafting a Gift of Runes, before using the mystic forge again, in my haste and naivety of having all the required ingredients for making a legendary rune.

I was fortunate enough to get a very helpful customer support person that understood my situation after seeing the evidence and error I made, and they have said that they're able to help me in this situation. I have since deleted the Gift of Prosperity and am now awaiting a replacement of the Gift of Craftsmanship, 15 mystic clovers, Gift of Condensed Magic, and Gift of Condensed Might, that was used in accidentally making the Gift of Prosperity, so that I can, this time, craft the Gift of Runes, and THEN craft the legendary rune.

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, Zaoda.1653 said:

Please change the recipe of the Gift of Prosperity, as it requires the same 4 ingredients required in the full ingredients list of making a legendary rune. I suggest this because I just crafted the Gift of Prosperity by accident when trying to mystic forge/craft a legendary rune. As you can see below, in the FULL list of ingredients required to make a legendary rune, the SAME 4 ingredients are required.

Legendary Rune ingredients list:

1x Gift of Runes (50x Mystic Aspect, 20x Mystic Clover100x Glob of Ectoplasm, 50x Obsidian Shard)

1x Gift of Craftsmanship

Gift of Prosperity ingredients list:

15x Mystic Clover

1x Gift of Craftsmanship

I have underlined the ingredients that are used in both recipes.

How this accident happened: I personally prefer to have ALL the ingredients ready AND in my inventory at the time, BEFORE I make or complete an item - in this case, I wanted to craft a legendary rune.

In my haste and naivety of crafting another legendary rune, I didn't make sure that I was specifically crafting a Gift of Runes - because in my mind, I figured I had ALL the ingredients for making a legendary rune, so I thought there shouldn't be any problems and it was all just a matter of mystic forging the last few components.

Unfortunately, I made a Gift of Prosperity instead, because the same 4 ingredients are used in the process of making a legendary rune (minus the Gift of Runes ingredients), despite the Gift of Runes requiring obviously and completely different items than a Gift of Prosperity, but because I had ALL the ingredients for making a legendary rune, and not confirming that I was making a Gift of Runes (to then finally craft the legendary rune), this is how I accidentally made a Gift of Prosperity instead.

I'm usually very careful, but today just wasn't one of those days where I made sure I was doing everything correctly and crafting things in the order that they should be crafted.

What I SHOULD have put in the mystic forge was:

50x Mystic Aspect

20x Mystic Clover

100x Glob of Ectoplasm

50x Obsidian Shard

To make the Gift of Runes, AND THEN use the Gift of Craftsmanship, Gift of Condensed Might, Gift of Condensed Magic, and GIFT OF RUNES to make the legendary rune. I got it all muddled up. Needless to say it was not a good day for me, as my heart sank when I realized I crafted the wrong thing in the mystic forge.

Hindsight is 2020, so next time I need to make sure that I either 1) don't have the full list of ingredients in my inventory to craft a legendary rune, OR, 2) make sure I follow the EXACT process (to the T) by confirming that I'm actually crafting a Gift of Runes, before using the mystic forge again, in my haste and naivety of having all the required ingredients for making a legendary rune.

I was fortunate enough to get a very helpful customer support person that understood my situation after seeing the evidence and error I made, and they have said that they're able to help me in this situation. I have since deleted the Gift of Prosperity and am now awaiting a replacement of the Gift of Craftsmanship, 15 mystic clovers, Gift of Condensed Magic, and Gift of Condensed Might, that was used in accidentally making the Gift of Prosperity, so that I can, this time, craft the Gift of Runes, and THEN craft the legendary rune.

As the CS Team almost always does when accidentally creating the wrong item in the Mystic Forge. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

How about Map Travel while in combat being enabled.  Thought it might as well be enabled anyway but now that armour damage isn't a thing any more, might as well allow it.

I'm thinking if you are roaming somewhere, you get out of one enemies leash, into another, to top it off if you have AI followers in combat then that counts. Can be annoying if there is a Meta/World Boss starting soon in a completely different area and you are trying to get out of combat to teleport to.

I understand in single player games why it isn't allowed. In Fallout 4 I could be near death, if I hadn't saved for a while I'd lose progress if I died. So I couldn't just fast travel away in the face of a Deathclaw. In this though, there is no save, it's all online. I wouldn't lose anything if I let an enemy kill me to get OOC then teleport. Even if it was before all you'd suffer is a bit of armour damage which would be repaired for free.

I thought it wasn't allowed to prevent you teleporting to stop your character dying, but if your chracter dies you just teleport where you were going to go and nothing is lost. Even if you are up against two enemies, you kill one and loot it then the second one kills you, you don't lose your loot from the first one.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Make the new EoD-tron to give instructions to the new players , about where the next World boss/Event will be (people won't know about the wiki and they feel lost about what to do when they finish the personal story , avoiding the scenario of "Not enough things to do").

It last for 15 days (and then they should buy Gem version) .

It only showcase 2X World Bosses or 2x Events , and it ask you if you want to increase the showcase rates

Edited by Luci.7018
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Sinmir.6504 said:

How about Map Travel while in combat being enabled.  Thought it might as well be enabled anyway but now that armour damage isn't a thing any more, might as well allow it.

I'm thinking if you are roaming somewhere, you get out of one enemies leash, into another, to top it off if you have AI followers in combat then that counts. Can be annoying if there is a Meta/World Boss starting soon in a completely different area and you are trying to get out of combat to teleport to.

I understand in single player games why it isn't allowed. In Fallout 4 I could be near death, if I hadn't saved for a while I'd lose progress if I died. So I couldn't just fast travel away in the face of a Deathclaw. In this though, there is no save, it's all online. I wouldn't lose anything if I let an enemy kill me to get OOC then teleport. Even if it was before all you'd suffer is a bit of armour damage which would be repaired for free.

I thought it wasn't allowed to prevent you teleporting to stop your character dying, but if your chracter dies you just teleport where you were going to go and nothing is lost. Even if you are up against two enemies, you kill one and loot it then the second one kills you, you don't lose your loot from the first one.

Would be nice, since getting stuck permanently “in combat” is still a thing.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Why is there no merging request for commander to accept or decline when another squad merge into it? It should have the same type of pop-ups as when someone request to join a squad or party. Happens too often when someone merge another squad without regards for anyone else.

• This forced those in the squad to be in a squad other than what they join for.
  • Often taken off LFG when the squad is suddenly at capacity >sometimes LFG message are changed (bug?) to the merging squad's LFG listing.
  • Commnader for squad have to kick those from the merged squad who logged off, or ask those who have no intention of doing the squad events to leave
  • Like 1

QoL Alterations - 
Teleport Scrolls can be used while Defeated.
Mystic Forge recipe or "CHEAP" purchaseable Legendary Tome of (Yakkington, Sandford, The Traveler, or The Wayfarer) that, at completion, combines all known and available HoT, PoF, Living World Maps, Cities, Special or Unique Locations (including Mistlock, Bastion, etc) and can uniquely add future ones directly to the tome upon acquisition.
The Novelty Item - Embiggening Tonic, can be used while Transformed (such as when player is an Asura, Charr, or Dolphin in Fractals)
Creation of Crafting Material storage space for ALL items (including Trophies) that are required parts of a craft or Mystic Forge recipe, especially the Legendary Armors/Weapons/Runes/Sigils/Collections
The Tackle Box - The Fishing Equivalent of the Wallet.. Storing ALL your baits that literally take up a 32 slot bag. 
The Keychain - Too many chests requiring all these keys to force my bags to carry them. Put 'em on the chain!

On 8/14/2022 at 9:57 AM, Sinmir.6504 said:

Huh... That's a really good point. l always felt armor damage was a moot feature since it was free, but since dying's only punishment now is the waypoint cost... Might as well allow travelling mid-combat. What's the worst people are gonna do? Leave a boss fight mid-battle to AFK leech, which they can already do by standing still anywhere and dying?

3 hours ago, Smoky.5348 said:

Huh... That's a really good point. l always felt armor damage was a moot feature since it was free, but since dying's only punishment now is the waypoint cost... Might as well allow travelling mid-combat. What's the worst people are gonna do? Leave a boss fight mid-battle to AFK leech, which they can already do by standing still anywhere and dying?

Back when it was possible to teleport in combat, people abused it to cheese a few mechanics.

For example, there was that one event in the Citadel of Flame, where people did corpse runs to take the aggro of an endlessly spawning horde of Flame Legion and prevent an NPC from being attacked.

But these days, waypointing while downed in WvW to deny the enemy players their loot would probably be the only potential way to abuse in-combat waypointing.

Edited by Fueki.4753

Unless I'm mistaken, it seems that it's possible to be whispered by someone who is set to appear offline, preventing you from whispering them back? This is the only explanation I can think of based on at least one experience I had. Like there was one time someone asked me a question and I was trying to respond and it kept saying I can't whisper them (I forget the message for why) but they were definitely still on the map and some time after asked in map chat since I hadn't responded (I couldn't).

This is kind of a confusing design and it would be nice if there was more clarity in use. Like if I am right in thinking that being set to offline allows you to whisper someone without them being able to whisper you back, maybe it should notify the player of that when they set their status to offline? Or disallow them from whispering someone who isn't shared friend list with a message explaining why?

I hate the feeling of getting a whisper and then because I can't whisper back and I don't know if they went offline or it's something else causing it, I'm concerned they'll think I'm ignoring them.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1