[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

Awesome idea.  I have to agree with the suggestion that it all just go in one big book, but even one tome for VIP passes and one for permanent portal scrolls is a great idea.

Should be an in-game way to get it alongside a gem way to get it, though, IMHO.  Or craft it, even.

• Like 1

Action camera WASD movement for non-action camera movement. Currently it is restricted to tapping About Face and holding Left Click alternating by tapping Right click. Only works for W and S vertical movement, which is too hard for most casual players. 

Action camera also needs to let you W key backwards while casting skills, currently it is not the same as WS movement with About Face and mouse keybinds.

I feel this will benefit general movement in competitive game modes like PvP and WvW in a healthier way.

Edited by cgMatt.5162

The new field graphic change was mostly nice but it made certain fields hard to identify, namely lightning and light fields. The old light and lightning fields were very distinct from each other but the new ones look nearly identical with the only major difference being a slight color swap. Please change the fields so they're actually distinct and easy to recognize during large fights in WvW.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Only a bad thief dresses is tattered rags.

Surely it depends on what they're doing? I imagine thieves, even more so than other professions, would want to blend in with those around them, and if the people they're trying to blend in with are refugees or street gangs or other people in worn and tattered clothing they would need something similar.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

Surely it depends on what they're doing? I imagine thieves, even more so than other professions, would want to blend in with those around them, and if the people they're trying to blend in with are refugees or street gangs or other people in worn and tattered clothing they would need something similar.

...if they want to blend in here they need to dress like a christmas tree covered in RGB strips.

• Haha 2

We have asked for this for almost a decade now, can we get a comment from Arena on whether or not they will add a feature to End of Dragons that allows us to hide the helm on Outfits so that we can make use of all of these custom helm items, you could just make it so that if the helm is checked it always visually overwrites whatever is there, that way if it's some kinda bug where your outfit system draws the item as a whole, couldn't you just layer it to where the helm if checked drew after the outfit? Not sure how this all works but I assume you are doing some kind of system like that and that's why you didn't just add it by default years ago. Even if it requires some man power, it seems like this would be a great thing to give us as it really adds a lot to the visual aspect and high fantasy we want.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

32 minutes ago, Sigmoid.7082 said:

Who is this "we" I always hear about when people are trying to put more weight behind something they specifically want. 

"We" does not have to mean everyone, and can be used any time there are more than one in the reference group.  "We" in this case means, "the subset of players who post who want the thread topic feature."  This request has surfaced numerous times both on the old forums and this new board.  In all such threads (save this one, which to be fair has not been around that long), there have been numerous posters in favor, so "we" is not inappropriate.  Come to think of it, there are a couple of helms I like and I do use outfits, so I'm in favor.  So, "we."

51 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

You can toggle the helm of an outfit on/off already.  You cannot add a head armor slot item.  This is because of the way that outfits and armor sets are created.  Sorry, but this will not happen.

While this is indeed how the current system works, the only thing preventing the OP's request is the lack of a second on-off toggle so that the equipment one could be on and the outfit one off.  The functionality to remove the outfit helm already exists.  This type of feature would be trivial compared to something like an effects slider.

Citation needed on the "This will not happen." comment, or is that your opinion.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, IndigoSundown.5419 said:

While this is indeed how the current system works, the only thing preventing the OP's request is the lack of a second on-off toggle so that the equipment one could be on and the outfit one off.  The functionality to remove the outfit helm already exists.  This type of feature would be trivial compared to something like an effects slider.

Citation needed on the "This will not happen." comment, or is that your opinion.

Anet confirmed many years ago, when it first introduced outfits as separate from armor, that mixing and matching wouldn't be possible because of the way the coding worked.  Something about the channels the outfits and armor were on or something like that; someone who understood what they were talking about at the time will undoubtedly be able to explain.  😄  I remember it generated a fair amount of anger and frustration at the time exactly because outfits pieces could no longer be mixed, or used with armor if you didn't care about the armor boosts.  That was... what, some 8 years ago, now?

Edited by Lyssia.4637
Post below

22 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

I'm sure if one was motivated, one could find the pertinent Dev post(s) in the Guild Wars 2 Archive. 

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/

Huh, didn't even realize there was an archive.  I'm not that motivated, but I appreciate the information for next time!

Edited by Lyssia.4637

I don't know if this counts as QoL but please consider removing the daily cooldown on Charged Quartz Crystals.

I recently got into making legendary weapons and they're the only thing that is stopping me from finishing one. You can usually get around the ascended daily crafts and mystic clovers by paying more gold, but you can't really speed up the process of charging Quartz Crystals unless you're willing to get a bunch of holidays lootboxes, which drop them very rarely anyway; or if you get extremely lucky with mining quartz which has a low daily cap per account, not to mention very few nodes to begin with unless Festival of The Four Winds is up.

I'm not seeing how ArenaNet benefits of such a timegate either, seeing as the game doesn't have a sub fee, unless they're getting an income from people paying $$$ in exchange for gold just to buy Wintersday Gifts with, which I doubt is the case because you're either a veteran player that has plenty of those crystals or a newbie who'd be unwilling to spend money on such a thing.

It just spoils the fun to be timegated out of your legendary like that if you otherwise have the means to obtain it.

Edited by dangerousdogelous.9316
  • Like 3