Quality-of-Life Requests and Suggestions (New for 2024)

Scaleable ui icons(boons/effects/etc..) and more clearly readable ui font's and colors. Please no more white font on white background icons with pale purple/blue/oranges. Let me have bold, black fonts so i can clearly read stuff like stacks and durations without having to strain my eyes.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

This would undermine the point of statuettes as well as keys.

34 minutes ago, Scratchpaw.1069 said:

Mind elaborating?

So far this sounds reasonable to me, unless Ashen can elaborate, giving a better reason why this would not be a good change.

Edited by Chichimec.9364
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4

Hi,

It must have been suggested already in the past, and ppl probably stopped suggesting bc there was an add on that took care of it.

different keybinds per charachter.

Every profession in the game plays different, thats the whole idea.
Some professions only need f1 and/or f2.
others need more than double.

Why is this not in the game an option to use binds per charachter (not even profession, I have a ranger only for untamed, and I would like to bind keys different from my main ranger)
It used to be in Arcdps an option to checkmark and that solved my issue.
I could start playing other classes and change the binds so you can actually play them. But it got removed.

Now I'm stuck again on Ranger (which I like) but i also want to play other characters.

Edit:
Did some digging

ppl keep asuming things about they can maybe not do it or whatever..
We don't know.
anet should communicate about this.
They did not add the inspect option for 10 years, and now they did.
So anything is possible.

Edited by Patsoor.6425
  • Confused 1

I have a quality of life suggestion. I play on steam deck and therefore use the action camera. I would absolutely love an option that would allow me to lock the camera to my current target. Almost all modern action games already have this.

I'm pvp it can be pretty hard to keep a target in view when using the action camera mode, putting me at a pretty severe disadvantage. But if I could lock the camera on them it would really help to level the playing field.

• Sad 1

Instead of waiting for this topic to reach 10,000 replies, maybe do this type of consolidation/refresh annually? When you create the new one you can provide a recap of the previous year's suggestions that got implemented or are actively being worked on. It would be a good demonstration of active engagement between ArenaNet and its customers. That original monster of a topic really did give me the impression that it was just a blackhole where ideas go to die. This recent refresh put me at ease.  Just a thought.

• Like 10
  • Sad 1

I think it's a good idea. Like everything in the Wizard's Vault (except gold) it would be limited so I doubt it would invalidate keys for those who have the option to buy them, they could still get more by buying keys than you could get from the Vault, but it would be a good alternative for those who can't buy them.

I think it's worth considering there are several gem store items on there already, like black lion salvage kits, transmutation charges and revive orbs. I think it's safe to assume Anet don't think allowing players to get a limited number of things for free prevents anyone from buying them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Please remove all Day-/Nightime Fishes from Dusk/Dawn Cycle. The Time is too short with 5 Minutes to Catch anything from the Dusk/Dawn Cycle without fishing for Days.(except Night and Day Fish you only get these)

Or move Dusk/Dawn fish to Night or Day. Or remove it. 

I love Fishing in Games, but this is driving me insane. 

Edited by freakbird.2704
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Jin.8501 said:

I would assume the main point of buying bl keys is to get those lion statues. Would be nice to see them in the vault but I very much doubt Anet agrees 

There are other items in the Vault that were previously only available by spending gems so I don’t think ‘people need to spend gems on this item’ is too good of an argument.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Scratchpaw.1069 said:

There are other items in the Vault that were previously only available by spending gems so I don’t think ‘people need to spend gems on this item’ is too good of an argument.

Unless you have an exact break down of what the revenue streams behind those other items were compared to keys, you can not know how good or bad the argument is.

Name a  few items which were previously not available before the Wizard Vault. Then consider how much those items usually might be in relation to the revenue stream for Arenanet. Now consider what Black Lion Keys are for the revenue stream. Obviously important enough that the developers decided to limited key farming way way back.

If you want to have something implemented which REDUCES the revenue for the studio, your best (and almost only) bet that the idea gets taken seriously is to offer some trade in return. Either explain how this change benefits the developers, or give ideas how it can be implemented in a way that there is an incentive for the change.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Here are some features that have annoyed me for most of my time playing guild wars 2 and I hope that, if not requiring something like a total rework of the system, could be fixed/updated.

• The first and probably most difficult to change (depending on how they've programmed it) is unique glider skins per equipment loadout. So often I've set and dyed my glider to match the current equipment loadout, and then I swap to another loadout and it doesn't fit at all. This would be a nice QoL.
  • Armor toggles being unique per equipment loadout. Toggling off a backpack or armor piece may fit one loadout's look but most likely it's not what you want for the remaining loadouts. Would be nice to have the toggle be unique to each loadout.

In general these two probably affect people like me who do raiding, fractals, or have equipment templates for certain open world circumstances more than your average casual player... but they'd be nice to have even still.

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

Unless you have an exact break down of what the revenue streams behind those other items were compared to keys, you can not know how good or bad the argument is.

Name a  few items which were previously not available before the Wizard Vault. Then consider how much those items usually might be in relation to the revenue stream for Arenanet. Now consider what Black Lion Keys are for the revenue stream. Obviously important enough that the developers decided to limited key farming way way back.

If you want to have something implemented which REDUCES the revenue for the studio, your best (and almost only) bet that the idea gets taken seriously is to offer some trade in return. Either explain how this change benefits the developers, or give ideas how it can be implemented in a way that there is an incentive for the change.

The incentive would be that some countries legally forbid lootboxes in games. For people living in these countries it takes a long time and serious commitment to gather up statuettes to buy something from the vendor. I know ANet doesn't have influence on laws in countries around the world. But it would be nice if they could offer a workaround for people living in those countries so they can obtain the same items the rest of the world can, without it taking exorbitantly more time and effort. The ideal option would be that this alternate way of obtaining statuettes is only available in those countries and not those that still allow lootboxes in games. But I have no idea if that is technically possible to do.

But I do agree with OP that it would be nice if ANet could find a way for people in countries where lootboxes are illegal to obtain these statuettes, especially since some items the vendor offers were only available based on RNG from those same lootboxes in the first place, meaning it's very difficult and/or time-consuming to get those items if you're Belgian, for instance.

• Like 6
  • Confused 2

24 minutes ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

Perhaps make them only available in the Vault of people located in these anti-lootbox regions? I mean, we can’t buy keys either way, so no loss of revenue. It sucks that obtaining Black Lion Statuettes are mostly bound to keys as we have no reliable way of getting these in our region.

• Like 3
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

I believe it's time to give Griffon some upgrades to make it a little more comparable to the Skyscale.

You wouldn't need to undermine or take away from the Skyscale.

Simply allow a little better uplift, longer flight times and perhaps some other different things would be nice. No need to copy the static vertical rising, stationary or wall clinging the Skyscale has.

Just let the Griffon fly better! Let us Griffon lovers the chance to fly from low areas to high areas with our Skyscale allies!

Creating a whole new achievement track, which requires time and effort (like the Skyscale), would make total sense as well.

I appreciate your time, Anet. Thank you for all that you do!

- Rexi

Edited by Blackmoon.6837
  • Like 1
  • Confused 9

Some of my suggestions for Quality of Life:

1. weapon and back item dyeing
  2. turning off infusions effects
  3. places of power can use Quartz Crystals from the material storage, not just from the inventory
  4. the ability to manually set the order of characters on the character selection screen
  5. adding a panel with a list of maps and their percentage of completion (in groups divided into expansions and LWS)
  6. rebuilt the LFG and achievements panel to be more readable
  7. giving the necromancer the ability to summon minions to himself or completely dismiss them
  8. giving the option to choose whether you want to use Bandage or Rescue Protocol in Downed mode
  9. changing the display of Boons/Condition to two rows and, additionally, when we enter a fight, all possible ones are always displayed in the same order, but if we don't have it, it is grayed out (I hope it's understandable without the image :D)
Edited by Fang.2137
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

wouldnt it make more sense to offer black lion statuettes on the gem store for slightly less than keys? or would that still be an issue in belgium because you can buy keys from the statuettes?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

There's a movement to extend this law to the whole EU, so maybe in a few years it's going to be a bigger problem to the Anet (if GW2 is still kicking in the near future). I still have a few dozens of statuettes I can't spend on anything worthy, but I'm not against the idea to put a few statuettes into the WV.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, bq pd.2148 said:

wouldnt it make more sense to offer black lion statuettes on the gem store for slightly less than keys? or would that still be an issue in belgium because you can buy keys from the statuettes?

I’m no expert on the law but as long as Astral Acclaim stays as an in-game currency I don’t see why it would be an issue to be able to ‘buy’ keys with statuettes for Belgium. Offering BLS’ on the gem store would be a great alternative but you can use real money to convert to gems, thus being a workaround to get keys. This way it probably isn’t legal under the anti-lootbox law. You cannot however exchange real currency for Astral Acclaim so the vault seems like a great way of offering BLS’ to people in these regions. The way for us obtaining these is already very scarce and there are some pretty nice cosmetics and QOL items locked behind them.

• Like 3
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

I feel like if anything, griffon is now bottom of the list for upgrades since it already got ley-line and updraft use from SotO like skyscale did. The other mounts are far more in need of improvements to make them more broadly useful and appealing.

It could possibly share some more benefits from other enhanced mastery tracks, like increasing its height cap if skimmer or turtle got a mastery that increased theirs or getting an extra wing flap when taking off if springer got a double jump mastery or something, but it already beats skyscale in all the ways that matter and rewards people who take the time to really master it.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Scratchpaw.1069 said:

Mind elaborating?

The point of statuettes is to take some of the sting out of a series of bad rolls from BL chests. By ensuring that you will eventually be able to get the specific item you want BLK become a more desirable, or at least a less undesirable, purchase.

Allowing one to gain the benefits of having purchased keys without engaging with the real money purchase (or exchange in the case of gold to gems conversion-which still fuels real money purchases) undermines the value of keys, making them a less desirable purchase. 

If the options to get what one wants from the statuette merchant are:

1) Spend real money

2) Do dailies

Even a small percentage of people choosing 2 instead of 1 could be a significant impace on the reason for keys to exist...revenue for the company. Then consider it isnt a binary matter of buy keys vs not buying keys. People buying fewer keys than they otherwise would because of a WV option would also reduce revenue for the game.

Edit: I am not defending loot boxes or even arguing that I wouldnt want statuettes available in the WV, merely explaining how such would undermine the point of the key/chest/statuette system as it exists to generate revenue now.

Edited by Ashen.2907
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2