Blissful Skirt is....cringe.

NeutralBurn.3829

9 minutes ago, nosleepdemon.1368 said:

See I immediately bought these and put them on my Sylvari with the Neon Demon Mask as well. Absolute maximum hotness from behind, complete and total terror from the front. It's amazing. I won't be showing this off to my wife though 😄

<Insert Samuel L Jackson in pink wig Gif>

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Cernoch.8524 said:

Just got warning from Mod for this cause I apparently attacked someone. Wish I know who. But atleast I know that even devs knows men simply never wear thigh high socks. Even google does not show any image 😁. I understand the kilt but not the socks.

Google "femboy."

Edited by Maekrix Waere.2087
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

16 hours ago, NeutralBurn.3829 said:

Any movement for Asura or Charr, and you're just looking at...

Oh no! Not a short skirt that flares a little, not in my CHRISTIAN FANTASY WORLD?! To the Church, brothers! Our eyes must be treated and massaged with Holy Water! And then we march right outside ANet's offices, until Deus actually Vults it! Sacrilege! Blasphemy! Embarassment!

Seriously, what is your damage? And that goes to anyone here who brought up their... "Issues" with this being available for males or is prudish somehow in 2024, about a very common combination of pieces of clothing, regardless of gender or sex. 

Edited by Kunavi.2407
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

It looks like the bottom half of an Aboyne dress, which is sometimes considered the female equivalent of a kilt (although I think historically kilts were unisex), so it wouldn't surprise me if someone considered it an addition/alternative to the kilt we got a while ago.

Historically kilts (belted plaid) were about 4 meters long and could be worn in different ways but pretty much put on by laying out in the floor and rolling around on it till it wrapped around your waist and shoulders. Was also used as a bed roll or tent

Later we got the wrap around we see today with a flat front and pleated sides and backs .

But yeah, it seems to be ankle length for women and knee for men. Though of course the pesky Celts tended to do what they thought best

https://imgur.com/a/UgTHbZl

Doesn't this look absolutely gorgeous and blissful? 😄

FF14 had a lot of complaints about some of their gear looks being gendered or gender-locked - like the same gear piece being a skirt for female but pants for male. Or an outfit being only wearable by one gender. They've recently (like .. a year ago or so) started to change that, allowing most new stuff and some older stuff to be worn by anyone regardles of the character's gender. Now here we have the opposite complaints?

Isn't it a good thing that anyone that wants to wear a skirt on their character gets the option to do so? And yes, there are totally males that enjoy wearing something like this. It's not on you to tell anyone what they're supposed to like or not. Nobody forces you to buy it, or to like it. You're free to have your opinion on it. But wanting options to be limited or different simply cause you yourself don't like it is rather selfish. And if someone's yelling 'but my immersion' ... bit late for that, with all the disco glowy stuff, beach wear, stuffed animal mounts, rainbow kitty gliders etc already in the game. The game has had a big variety of cosmetic things from silly to sexy since quite a while now. This isn't something new.

Edited by Chyro.1462
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

How goes the saying? "ignorance is bliss"

But fear not. This game doesn't have Ray traced Surface options. Your digital dignity is preserved;  even wearing these o7

However...... A Very large Norn Schoolgirl affected by the Endless Embiggening Tonic.... 🤷‍♂️ 

"In latest LA News;  a Long-legged Exchange student from Hoelbrak uses local Asura gang members as a footballs after being ogled at from below."

Edited by Noidea Incognito.9607
  • Haha 6

16 hours ago, Cernoch.8524 said:

At a knee or below knee not high above but you are right, in like 5 pages of picture I found ONE compress socks that were above knee like we have in the game.

Also my apology, they are not socks, previewing them with stylish shoes shows that they have no "feet" part, so it is all right.

I suggest to watch some current professional football (or soccer if you're in the US). There are tons of players right now wearing their socks over their knees or even up to their mid-thighs, often looking like leggings worn under their shorts at first glance. Don't ask me why they do so, but trust me, many many do.

• Like 2

• ArenaNet Staff

Hello and happy Wednesday! Quick reminder!

What we are gonna do: Enjoy it if you love it and tune in next week for different items if you don't love it. Enjoy yourself in game. (Because that's why we're all here anyway: we enjoy the same game!)

What we are not gonna do: Yuck someone else's yum and/or declare that your preference is the only objectively correct one. 

The vast majority of this thread is already doing this, so keep it up and thank you! 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 28
  • Confused 5

19 hours ago, Dean Calaway.9718 said:

So you're controlling language and dress code in one post.

What else would our dear leader command us to do?

How dare you fail to properly capitalize Dear Leader! I will be reporting this to the local commissar immediately.

Also for relevance - I think it looks nice on a few of my characters, I feel no offense at either the name or the skin's existence.

Edited by voltaicbore.8012
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Okay, how do I put this in a sensible way...

Two of our protagonists are a now-married lesbian couple. There are multiple instances of other gay characters in the game. There is transgender people in the world of Tyria. Yao is agender. I could go on.

There is a quest step literally called Beat up the Bigot and an achievement named Fascist Flattener.

To those upset by the skirt being available for male characters as well as female characters, I think it's about time you start reading the room a bit more... effectively, shall I say.

As for OP's complaints, I mean... the wording doesn't matter much to me. However, I plainly agree with the charr/asura afterthought. It's kind of a shame nothing was done to avoid 24/7 upskirts for our big fuzzy friends.

Edited by Dotveg.5108
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Hello and happy Wednesday! Quick reminder!

What we are gonna do: Enjoy it if you love it and tune in next week for different items if you don't love it. Enjoy yourself in game. (Because that's why we're all here anyway: we enjoy the same game!)

What we are not gonna do: Yuck someone else's yum and/or declare that your preference is the only objectively correct one. 

The vast majority of this thread is already doing this, so keep it up and thank you! 

Of course you won't "yuck someone else's yum" you're making money off of the skins you're selling and as we know, skimpy and immersion breaking sells quite well.

I don't care that it's the same skimpy skin for male characters, just to make this clear. My problem is that it's another skin that doesn't fit the overal aesthetic of the game and goes for the lowest bar available. I know we have abandoned the aesthetic coherence ship years ago, so I'm not even angry about it. But I understand how people can be. We're only a few "suggestions" away from police uniforms, STOP-hammers and rubber duck helmets.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 15

11 minutes ago, Dotveg.5108 said:

Okay, how do I put this in a sensible way...

Two of our protagonists are a now-married couple. There are multiple instances of other gay characters in the game. There is transgender people in the world of Tyria. Yao is agender. I could go on.

There is a quest step literally called Beat up the Bigot and an achievement named Fascist Flattener.

To those upset by the skirt being available for male characters as well as female characters, I think it's about time you start reading the room a bit more... effectively, shall I say.

As for OP's complaints, I mean... the wording doesn't matter much to me. However, I plainly agree with the charr/asura afterthought. It's kind of a shame nothing was done to avoid 24/7 upskirts for our big fuzzy friends.

Tyria is also a place where men frequently wear robes, long tunics and other things which frequently get lumped in with 'skirts' by a modern audience, so an actual skirt isn't that much of a stretch.

Fun fact: the ancient Romans considered trousers a sign of barbarism, something no civilised man would ever wear.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 9

10 minutes ago, Omega.6801 said:

Of course you won't "yuck someone else's yum" you're making money off of the skins you're selling and as we know, skimpy and immersion breaking sells quite well.

I don't care that it's the same skimpy skin for male characters, just to make this clear. My problem is that it's another skin that doesn't fit the overal aesthetic of the game and goes for the lowest bar available. I know we have abandoned the aesthetic coherence ship years ago, so I'm not even angry about it. But I understand how people can be. We're only a few "suggestions" away from police uniforms, STOP-hammers and rubber duck helmets.

And if that happens? Who cares, let people have their fun. In the end, you already have the tools to hide the offending skins. I dislike the whole discoball thing many players consider fashion, and i still think ifusions are not fashionable at all. But if people enjoy them, who am i to say they cant? I just use the options given to turn them off, or if i feel adventerous, i just have to see them if i up my settings. Live and let live.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Kinurak.5307 said:

And if that happens? Who cares, let people have their fun. In the end, you already have the tools to hide the offending skins. I dislike the whole discoball thing many players consider fashion, and i still think ifusions are not fashionable at all. But if people enjoy them, who am i to say they cant? I just use the options given to turn them off, or if i feel adventerous, i just have to see them if i up my settings. Live and let live.

1) I care and I am a person who counts too.
2) Yes the option exists but having every other player look like the same bland insert is also not very immersive.
3) As the company in charge of producing the skins in game, ANet could have made the choice to stick to a certain coherent aesthetic. But they didn't. I do not have to like this just because it is what it is. I know I can't change it, so I live with it. I don't buy the skins I don't like. It's a small thing I can do. I voice my opinion on a public forum, another small thing. It's not like I flame people in game for their fashion choices or like my comment was especially rude.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 9

As an asura main I was disappointed that the bottom peeks out a little bit when standing still and you can't change the color of the underpants. So if you have a pastel pink aesthetic you're going to have to tough it out with black underpants. I admit I was initially dismayed. 

But, the balletcore look was too cute to pass up.  A big fluffy sweater, a fluffy shawl, cute plaid skirt and knit socks. Fall vibes! 
I rarely say no to new armor skins.

Now, which of my male characters can I stick it on....

• Like 3