Which gem store items would you want a refund for?

Susy.7529

Have you ever bought an item and then regret the purchase when it was too late? What was it? Skins, comfort items, mounts, blc keys, dye kits etc.In my case it'd be harvesting tools prior of the release of those which give additional items (like watchwork or unbound magic), yours?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To me, in addition to the harvesting tools you already mentioned, it'd be the Storage Expander, at first I thought it to be useful but later I realized that, for the same price, I could have bought another character slot and place there the additional materials thus getting the same results+another alt.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:I'd return my Copper-fed, as I prefer the no-runes/sigils from the Basic kit.I did return one of the Unlimited Gathering Tools, as I wasn't fond of the animation in-game. (Looked cool in the videos, but not 'in-person'.)

Wiki says the chance to recover upgrades are the same for the Basic Kit and the Copper-Fed. Am I missing something?

@ the thread; I'd ask for a refund for the Monk Outfit, as it never has quite looked right to me. Oh well, nostalgia purchase.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:If they were to give out refunds I’d ask for gems/gold back for that candy corn gobbler as I’ve never used it after a couple of tries.

It's very useful for WvW these days, because it's a nearly-reliable source of XP booster buffs, which currently count for accelerating WXP. I use it for that and nothing else. I typically forget that it's available to use for costume brawls (i.e. 50% of its functionality), because it's cheaper to use a 3 copper tonic than to spend 3 candy corn.

I bought a bunch of toys & only want the refund because they take up too much space now. They are all as fun as bumper stickers: good for some good lulz for a short time and then off they go into the Account Toy Crate that we don't have yet, to gather dust.

Of all of those, the one I regret the most is the Magic Carpet: because it has to absorb the guild logo and (a) that rarely matches the rest of the carpet and (b) it just as rarely matches anything your toon is wearing.

@IndigoSundown.5419 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:I'd return my Copper-fed, as I prefer the no-runes/sigils from the Basic kit.I did return one of the Unlimited Gathering Tools, as I wasn't fond of the animation in-game. (Looked cool in the videos, but not 'in-person'.)

Wiki says the chance to get recover upgrades are the same for the Basic Kit and the Copper-Fed. Am I missing something?

@ the thread; I'd ask for a refund for the Monk Outfit, as it never has quite looked right to me. Oh well, nostalgia purchase.

My bad, I meant to type 'Crude'.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:If they were to give out refunds I’d ask for gems/gold back for that candy corn gobbler as I’ve never used it after a couple of tries.

It's very useful for WvW these days, because it's a nearly-reliable source of XP booster buffs, which currently count for accelerating WXP. I use it for that and nothing else. I typically forget that it's available to use for costume brawls (i.e. 50% of its functionality), because it's cheaper to use a 3 copper tonic than to spend 3 candy corn.

That’s nice. However I don’t do WvW so that part is useless for me.

Right now the only big regret buy of mine is the whip sword. I thought it was a good concept, and I liked the weapon in Soul Caliber and Dark Souls, but when I finally got the weapon it was... not so good. The color scheme of the thing is an odd green hue, and it doesn't really fit with any of my styles. Also, the swords are constantly twitching, and that light ambling is really distracting.

I never got a refund for it, though.

I would gladly return my second Copper Feed Salvage Machine, since it became useless just two weeks later, when the Shared Inventory Slots appeared. It would be great if they allow to do something with those extra, obsolete stuff.Aside from that, all the buys have been mostly my own pleasure or my own stupidity, so I wouldn't refund anything.

After the introduction of the shared inventory slots, the only items I'd like to get refunded are the duplicate copper and silver salvage-o-trons.

Also, I think every player who owns a royal terrace pass should get at least some their gems back. Other Hubs that have been added to the game later have far more stuff in them to interact with and ANet never bothered to update the old Hubs. They ask for the same amount of gems for each of them yet they offer different services.

Molten mining pick.

I didn't buy it when it was first released because I hated the over-the-top animation and I didn't think I needed infinite gathering tools. By the time it was re-released about 6 months later I'd changed my mind and decided it would be useful, and since the exact same one was made available I assumed there wouldn't be other versions so I bought it in spite of the animation. A month later the Bone Pick was released, and of course since then we've got many more.

Gathering tools that gives additional items has always been a nail in my eye since in my opinion they are too much P2W, considering the gemstore was supposed to be only "cosmetic stuff". I am annoyed that my set of Molten gathering tools which I was happy with when I got them will always be strictly worse.

My "collector's attitude" kicked in early on and I was buying one of everything... I have quite a few infinite gathering tools that I'd refund. I've almost never used the Silver Fed Salvage O Matic. I have stacks of Mystic kits and some BL kits that I'm working through... a bank tab's worth.

I've got a few purchases that I regret, but it's obvious that I made the choice to buy them. While I'm not a fan of wasting the gems, at least it's no Marvel Heroes.

Guess I should say my 9+ extra Copper Fed's, but honestly I got plenty of use of them before the shared invent slots. And even with 11-12 complete sets of gathering tools over 2 accounts, I still want more, because I just can't be kittened to swap them around on toons and bother with buying new ones all the time.

So I guess the one I regret the most is actually a bunch of the costumes/outfits. Especially the bunch of them I bought originally because of Town Clothing, because I liked to mix and match those parts, and bought mostly to support the Town Clothes to hope they made more. And then got later converted into outfits, that I just don't care about at all (Bloody Prince, Executioners, Mad King, Witch). (Still love my Pirate Captain and Cook's outfit though)

Guess that's the ones I'm the most bitter about :)

@Susy.7529 said:Have you ever bought an item and then regret the purchase when it was too late? What was it? Skins, comfort items, mounts, blc keys, dye kits etc.In my case it'd be harvesting tools prior of the release of those which give additional items (like watchwork or unbound magic), yours?

While the 2 gardens are a close runner up #1 has to go to the plain unbreakable tools. I held off for the longest time because infinite tools just were not worth it then soon after I finally bought them S3 came out and with it vendors selling unbound tools so they just sat and were not used for about a year. Then came the infinite unbound tools, which I bought, but was long past the point of returning the unbreakable ones. Now the infinite unbounds are what I use on my main gathering character and the unbreakables are whoever needed a tool last.

Archived