Superior Sigil of Nullification [Merged]

Kirkas.1430

Dear Anet, Pls when something like this is planned in the future, sigil or item of such should be an account bound item and craftable with new map currency. It is absurd and unfair for those who did not get to get the item fairly while the other get a huge advantages pintching from the others.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Talindra.4958 said:Dear Anet, Pls when something like this is planned in the future, sigil or item of such should be an account bound item and craftable with new map currency. It is absurd and unfair for those who did not get to get the item fairly while the other get a huge advantages pintching from the others.

Or sold by NPC for a set amount of gold (+ maybe map currency). And if they wanna time-gate it, they can always make it buyable/craftable once a day.

@Hyper Cutter.9376 said:

@"Hesacon.8735" said:The collection "Patron" requires an investment of 1000 gold for a cosmetic item (a title) and 5 AP.

Even at current prices, this achievement is a bargain.

That title is "I'm rich, you know", meaning that achievement is
supposed
to be expensive. It's a little ridiculous to compare it to the situation surrounding this collection.Also iirc that achievement involves buying from a vendor at a fixed price.

Ironically, if Anet had just charged 200g or whatever for the armor flat-out griffin-style, a
lot
fewer people would be mad right now.

If it was a "flat price", it would at least be fair to everyone. As it is now, the meager supply of sigils is an overall extremly limiting factor.Even if "everyone" had infinite gold, they could still not finish the achievement, because they'd just run out of sigils.

@Syrus.2174 said:

@"Hesacon.8735" said:The collection "Patron" requires an investment of 1000 gold for a cosmetic item (a title) and 5 AP.

supposed
to be expensive. It's a little ridiculous to compare it to the situation surrounding this collection.Also iirc that achievement involves buying from a vendor at a fixed price.

Ironically, if Anet had just charged 200g or whatever for the armor flat-out griffin-style, a
lot

If it was a "flat price", it would at least be fair to everyone. As it is now, the meager supply of sigils is an overall extremly limiting factor.Even if "everyone" had infinite gold, they could still not finish the achievement, because they'd just run out of sigils.

So if they went today and made the sigils purchasable for 15G, you’d have no issues?

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

supposed

lot

So if they went today and made the sigils purchasable for 15G, you’d have no issues?

If it had been that way since the beginning I would have no issues. Doing it now would still be an improvement though, yes . . .

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

supposed

lot

"No issues", no. But it would improve the situation at least so far, as to give a possibility of achievable supply. I would still consider it overpriced.Sigils are a bad commodity to have as a requirement for such thing though. If it was at least only 1 per item, as I stated before, that'd also be better. "25" just seems so random.

I'm just very annoyed by how the price was at first, when the episode released, around 60 to 65 Gold for the whole set - and then, due to the shortage of sigils - went up all the way to around 400 Gold. This difference for those who didn't rush everything, who rather enjoy taking their time with the content, this is what frustrates me so much.And of course there will have been people who smelled the business and just bought up the little supply there had been - the sigil was worthless beforehand, that's why there had been a somewhat "sizeable" supply. But the rate at which it is resupplied is very, very low. Even with people powerleveling characters for the reward.

It just makes me question if no-one thought about the impact this would have on the economy. If you want the set to be expensive, make it 200 Gold - for EVERYONE. Not just for those who weren't around on day one to grind through the content like mindless zombies.

@Clyan.1593 said:

@Clyan.1593 said:Well you need 63 x 25 (= 1575) tomes to get 25 sigils of nullification by reaching lvl 64.Is that a good thing? Maybe. Is it reasonable? No.

Funny is, most WvW Player wil have that many. I just converted like 2000 into Shards 2 weeks before. Sad me.

That might be true, but not everyone is a WvW player. I for example just had to buy 25 sigils.Sure, we have different solutions of how to get these, but none of them seems reasonable or helping to sink the price of these sigil on the TP.

But the biggest problem in my opinion is not the price on TP, but the really low supply of those sigils on it.Last I checked we had a supply of around 1700 sigils of nullification on the TP. That's a joke.How many players is that? 1700 : 25 = 68

... lol

What you said does not make sense. If the price isn't a problem, then supply has no meaning as long as there are as many as you need. If you need 25, then there could be 25, or 25,000,000 and it would make no difference.

@Mewcifer.5198 said:

@Weindrasi.3805 said:Personally, I don't care for the armor, but I've been sitting on tomes of knowledge and level up scrolls for years.... I've even deleted some stacks over the years just to make more blasted bank room! So it's nice to get some profit out of stacks of otherwise useless items.I imagine the sigil price will drop after the hype wears off. Take a deep breath wait 6 months.

You could have turned them into spirit shards and used those to make money this entire time

I don't have the patience for the Mystic Toilet/Legendary making. It's either sitting around trying to flip things on the trading post, or putting an insane amount of time into making a legendary to sell. May be really profitable in the long run, but--though I like gold--I don't like it THAT much xD

I suppose I could clarify: I'm glad I can get rid of the Tomes in a profitable way that isn't also a big time sink.

it's fine, I put in a buy order for 25 at 10~ gold a piece, and got them, and most likely could have got them mush cheaper if I decided to wait longer.

They shouldn't scrap something just because people don't like buying items from others on the TP, in that case they should just scrap the entire trading post while they are at it.Edit: Thought I should add that buy order was fulfilled 16 hours ago.

@Irbis.4932 said:

@Talindra.4958 said:Dear Anet, Pls when something like this is planned in the future, sigil or item of such should be an account bound item and craftable with new map currency. It is absurd and unfair for those who did not get to get the item fairly while the other get a huge advantages pintching from the others.

Or sold by NPC for a set amount of gold (+ maybe map currency). And if they wanna time-gate it, they can always make it buyable/craftable once a day.

Yes. Make player work for it instead so players feel deserving it.

I don't think many people understand here (or can even comprehend logic at all) that it's not all about the price of the sigils - the problem is more about the AVAILABILITY/SUPPLY/ACCESS of getting the sigils (at one point the supply dropped down to 40 sigils - enough for a total of ONE player in GW2 to get the armour - making it literally as rare as legendary armour).

It would have been fine if there were other ways of getting these sigils - even account bound/non-sellable versions of them, and working hard for them - but the fact that levelling up characters to level 64, 25 times, is the only way of getting them, is so wrong, and all the rich players who can afford to manipulate the market via the supply, know it - and are taking full advantage of it.

Anet should allow multiple ways of obtaining these sigils (even non-tradeable versions of the sigil), but I doubt anything will happen. If 26 pages of complaints and discussion isn't feedback enough for them to do anything about it, I don't know what is.

Like I said, people are willing to put in the time and effort. It's not all about the price of the sigils, it's the way in which they're obtained (or lack thereof), and the fact that players are holding these sigils to ransom because they can afford to buy them all up, is wrong - and you know it. There needs to be other ways of getting these sigils, and not just being able to buy them. If people don't understand this, there's something seriously wrong with them - or they're a narcissist and can't comprehend logic, or other people's points of view.

@"Zaoda.1653" said:I don't think many people understand here (or can even comprehend logic at all) that it's not all about the price of the sigils - the problem is more about the AVAILABILITY/SUPPLY/ACCESS of getting the sigils (at one point the supply dropped down to 40 sigils - enough for a total of ONE player in GW2 to get the armour - making it literally as rare as legendary armour).

It would have been fine if there were other ways of getting these sigils - even account bound/non-sellable versions of them, and working hard for them - but the fact that levelling up characters to level 64, 25 times, is the only way of getting them, is so wrong, and all the rich players who can afford to manipulate the market via the supply, know it - and are taking full advantage of it.

Anet should allow multiple ways of obtaining these sigils (even non-tradeable versions of the sigil), but I doubt anything will happen. If 26 pages of complaints and discussion isn't feedback enough for them to do anything about it, I don't know what is.

Like I said, people are willing to put in the time and effort. It's not all about the price of the sigils, it's the way in which they're obtained (or lack thereof), and the fact that players are holding these sigils to ransom because they can afford to buy them all up, is wrong - and you know it. There needs to be other ways of getting these sigils, and not just being able to buy them. If people don't understand this, there's something seriously wrong with them - or they're a narcissist and can't comprehend logic, or other people's points of view.

Well put in the time and effort level up 25 characters to 64 or run silverwaste and get a bunch of https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Arc or other random exotic with the sigil then mate.

@Zaoda.1653 said:I don't think many people understand here (or can even comprehend logic at all) that it's not all about the price of the sigils - the problem is more about the AVAILABILITY/SUPPLY/ACCESS of getting the sigils (at one point the supply dropped down to 40 sigils - enough for a total of ONE player in GW2 to get the armour - making it literally as rare as legendary armour)........Like I said, people are willing to put in the time and effort. It's not all about the price of the sigils, it's the way in which they're obtained (or lack thereof)

So if the price had remained at 3 silver for everyone, we would still have a thread as large as this complaining about its availability/supply/access? The availability/supply/access may be the cause of the price increase but people only started caring about that when the price got too high for them. The price is the driving force behind these complaints.

If people don't understand this, there's something seriously wrong with them - or they're a narcissist and can't comprehend logic, or other people's points of view.

There's more than one point of view and you're being very hypocritical. You're telling someone that there's something wrong with them, along with a couple other insults, simply because they can't understand other people's point of view; never mind the fact that you just now did the exact same thing. There';s nothing wrong about voicing an opposing point of view; however it is wrong to insult those that you disagree with and assume your point of view is the only one that matters.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Zaoda.1653 said:I don't think many people understand here (or can even comprehend logic at all) that it's not all about the price of the sigils - the problem is more about the AVAILABILITY/SUPPLY/ACCESS of getting the sigils (at one point the supply dropped down to 40 sigils - enough for a total of ONE player in GW2 to get the armour - making it literally as rare as legendary armour)........
Like I said, people are willing to put in the time and effort. It's not all about the price of the sigils, it's the way in which they're obtained (or lack thereof)

So if the price had remained at 3 silver for everyone, we would still have a thread as large as this complaining about its availability/supply/access? The availability/supply/access may be the cause of the price increase but people only started caring about that when the price got too high for them. The price is the driving force behind these complaints.

If people don't understand this, there's something seriously wrong with them - or they're a narcissist and can't comprehend logic, or other people's points of view.

There's more than one point of view and you're being very hypocritical. You're telling someone that there's something wrong with them, along with a couple other insults, simply because they can't understand other people's point of view; never mind the fact that
you just now did the exact same thing.
There';s nothing wrong about voicing an opposing point of view; however it is wrong to insult those that you disagree with and assume your point of view is the only one that matters.

TBF If the price stayed low we probably would still have a thread complaining about how few there are and how they can't get their hands on any.

@Mewcifer.5198 said:

@Zaoda.1653 said:I don't think many people understand here (or can even comprehend logic at all) that it's not all about the price of the sigils - the problem is more about the AVAILABILITY/SUPPLY/ACCESS of getting the sigils (at one point the supply dropped down to 40 sigils - enough for a total of ONE player in GW2 to get the armour - making it literally as rare as legendary armour)........
Like I said, people are willing to put in the time and effort. It's not all about the price of the sigils, it's the way in which they're obtained (or lack thereof)

There's more than one point of view and you're being very hypocritical. You're telling someone that there's something wrong with them, along with a couple other insults, simply because they can't understand other people's point of view; never mind the fact that
you just now did the exact same thing.
There';s nothing wrong about voicing an opposing point of view; however it is wrong to insult those that you disagree with and assume your point of view is the only one that matters.

TBF If the price stayed low we probably would still have a thread complaining about how few there are and how they can't get their hands on any.

Absolutely true.. that is the crux of this whole malarkey.. price manipulation was just an obvious tool in this and has likely already served its immediate purpose.This kind of practice of intentional supply starvation is there to act as a barrier and pressure steer, there is simply no other explanation for this and is a big step backwards in fairness across the whole playerbase, something I would of thought ANET would of perhaps wanted to avoid in light of other recent events.The price should of been the same for all, therefore eliminating the potential for market manipulation around any inability to implement additional sources of reliable supply. This would not of culled a players choice to buy gems in order to fuel their desire to complete the collection, but it made that choice the same for all. They did not need to use supply starvation as a barrier to control the numbers of players able to complete the collection as a fixed price could do that anyway, but it would of allowed to make a decision on how best to fund their desire and how quickly. Add to that there are other ways to gate content if ANET wanted to slow down the completion curve.

They didn't which leads me to believe this is an intended pressure steer to buy gems over a sustained period of time, safe in the knowledge that once the initial surge to buy what stock was available at grossly inflated costs, the numbers of players able to complete the collection would slow keeping demand as high as possible for as long as possiblePersonally, I hope enough players take the sensible decision to push back on this collection, refusing to whip out those credit cards because at the end of the day that is the only effective tool the players have at their disposal to combat this kind of unfair approach.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

Availability/Supply/Access is the primary problem, because it biases against players who have real life obligations or want to take their time and enjoy the content. All it takes is a few goobers to zip through the content as fast as possible, recognize the rarity and value in these sigils, and buy up the majority of the stock. Thus, the people without a day job can rush through content and make a ton of money on the TP for literally doing nothing other than getting there first.

If ArenaNet wants the price to be expensive, that's fine. That's how it works for several items in the game, particularly legendaries. Legendary weapons cost 100g flat out with icy runestones, for example. And that's a price we're willing to pay because everyone pays it equally.

But the TP is vulnerable to predatory flipping practices, especially with an item that has a very low supply/drop rate. It was a poor decision to use Sigils of nullification as a crafting material in this -- had they chosen ectos or even icy runestones, I doubt you would see the level of backlash ArenaNet has experienced for this debacle.

@Zaoda.1653 said:I don't think many people understand here (or can even comprehend logic at all) that it's not all about the price of the sigils - the problem is more about the AVAILABILITY/SUPPLY/ACCESS of getting the sigils (at one point the supply dropped down to 40 sigils - enough for a total of ONE player in GW2 to get the armour - making it literally as rare as legendary armour).

100% completely wrong. Since the supply NEVER went below 25 on the market, you ALWAYS had access to the sigils you need. You were just not willing to pay the price. So it is in fact about the price. If it was not about the price, as you say, then you would have just bought them and moved on with the collection. It doesn't matter if there were 25 or 25,000,000. The fact that supply never went below 25 says supply was enough for anyone to complete the collection. The fact that supply got down to 40 says that there were not enough on the market to keep the price down, but it's not about price, right?

Why any words from them? Only two reason why they haven't replied yet:1-They are ashamed of their fail of selecting a correct item for that requiem collection and so they don't want to speak about all the sellers which gained a ton of gold/ can't simply warn players who abused, who took the opportunity to gain gold, don't care of the ones who missed their chances.2-It works as Intended, inflating the price of one of the component, to force players to buy gems to convert to gold to buy them/ force you to farm; diminishing the number of players who have access to the armor.

I'm more for the 2nd option.

@Vagrant.7206 said:

Availability/Supply/Access is the primary problem, because it biases against players who have real life obligations or want to take their time and enjoy the content. All it takes is a few goobers to zip through the content as fast as possible, recognize the rarity and value in these sigils, and buy up the majority of the stock. Thus, the people without a day job can rush through content and make a ton of money on the TP for literally doing nothing other than getting there first.

Um, hold on here ... MMO's by their NATURE are biased against players that can't devote the time to play them ... so that's not a problem Anet can fix, or any other game developer.

@Pirindolo.9427 said:How many threads of :o over 1 thousand posts :o have not a single word from Anet in them?

Lots ... the volume of posts is not indicative of Anet needing to get involved. The system is working as intended. Just because people don't like it doesn't mean Anet needs to come and tell you something so you can argue with them.

Archived