Gaile Gray, where are you?

Lonecap.4105

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@"Gaile Gray.6029" said:Hey folks,

Thanks for asking about my well-being. I assure you I'm fine. I have been out of town on vacation, and not really able to interact on the forums at this time (poor connectivity, I don't do well typing on my phone :blush: , etc.). The mod team is on duty and I'm keeping up with them from time to time, so all's well in that regard.

I will be back in the office on Monday and look forward to talking to you soon.

Edited: Because I am really, really bad at texting on an iPhone.

If I had your job I think I'd be even more inclined than I already am to deliberately pick somewhere with poor phone/internet connectivity to visit, so I could say "Sorry you won't be able to reach me and I won't be able to do any work while I'm away, but it looks like I'll have absolutely no signal!"

Thanks for taking the time to let us know you're ok though. :)

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:Thanks for asking about my well-being. I assure you I'm fine. I have been out of town on vacation, and not really able to interact on the forums at this time (poor connectivity, I don't do well typing on my phone :blush: , etc.). The mod team is on duty and I'm keeping up with them from time to time, so all's well in that regard.

Thanks for letting we know you're ok :)

@Danikat.8537 said:

@"Gaile Gray.6029" said:Hey folks,

Thanks for asking about my well-being. I assure you I'm fine. I have been out of town on vacation, and not really able to interact on the forums at this time (poor connectivity, I don't do well typing on my phone :blush: , etc.). The mod team is on duty and I'm keeping up with them from time to time, so all's well in that regard.

I will be back in the office on Monday and look forward to talking to you soon.

Edited: Because I am really, really bad at texting on an iPhone.

If I had your job I think I'd be even more inclined than I already am to deliberately pick somewhere with poor phone/internet connectivity to visit, so I could say "Sorry you won't be able to reach me and I won't be able to do any work while I'm away, but it looks like I'll have absolutely no signal!"

Thanks for taking the time to let us know you're ok though. :)

I work in Business Software Development. This is why our last vacation was to Nebraska.

@AnClar.1304 said:What the actual??? Short, cryptic, and th-th-th-that's all folks??? After all these years??? What happened...a bit of explanation would be sorta helpful and appreciated.

Given very likely legal and contractual limitations as to what Gaile would be allowed to say, a polite goodbye is enough.

Very painful to see so many talented, popular and engaged individuals leave. Good Luck to you Gaile on all your future endeavors. :'(

From Twitter:

"Gaile Gray @GaileGray 10mI am sad to tell you that I am no longer an employee of ArenaNet. It's been a wonderful 18+ years, and I have appreciated every one of those years and every single one of the friends I made through the game. I wish everyone at ArenaNet a fantastic future -- I love you all."

:(

Archived