Gaile Gray, where are you?

Lonecap.4105

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gaile, as a community manager you were inspiring. Seeing you in Lion's Arch having the frog chats with the community made you the tangible face of the company. I don't quite have the skills that your dev role requires but still you made me interested in working in games. Thanks <3

Gaile, I have rarely agreed with you on anything game related, and could lock horns with you for a long time to come, but you are the last person at Arenanet I wanted to see this message from. You were here long before I started, and you weathered some of the most insane things that happened to Arenanet.

:(

Are you fing kidding!!! They let her go! wt absolute F! This does not bode well for the health of the game.

@"Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.2946" said:

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:Goodbye, beloved Guild Wars 2 Community. I love you all and wish you well in the future.

That's either the most epic troll post ever, or the most epic fail by a gaming company in the history of online games. I'm hoping for the first and not the second.

This is why i hate mega game corporations. And we said Kotick was the devil, i guess they all are.

That was ... very disconcerting, even if I only recently engaged in the forum itself, Gaile Always struck me as a perfect example of a Community manager, engaging, sociable, and knows her game to a T, it's heartwrenching to see corporations at work. GAME INDUSTRY WORKERS UNIONIZE ALREADY ! This is not normal ! This game is successful because it has a Soul. Marketing departements dont give games souls. Developpers and Community Managers do ! It's a world that goes in reverse when corporate decisions rule to cut costs and Apply aggressive marketing at the cost of a game's soul, when in fact the sole Reason for that game's success is the fact players are attracted by, and want to stay because of that soul !

It is sad days with those that had bad news of recent and now Gaile who been with us from the start and hope never the end from the game world. With respect and thanks for all your hard works...... Like Thalies.7609 said on the above Two posts to this One.....

I have pressed my F KEY also.

1. Announce massive layoffs.
  2. Reassure the community that everything will be okay and that the game will go on.
  3. To restore consumer confidence...um...fire the popular public representative of the company?

I have enjoyed your posts on the forum Gayle, and will miss your presence personally, as well as missing having someone who made the effort to communicate and respond to the community. Good luck in all your future endeavors!

Just saying, I guess I will not be in a hurry to spend more money on the game. Not in any sort of retaliation, but because this has added to my suspicion that it's all going away soon.

@"Joshhh.2076" said:From Twitter:

"Gaile Gray @GaileGray 10mI am sad to tell you that I am no longer an employee of ArenaNet. It's been a wonderful 18+ years, and I have appreciated every one of those years and every single one of the friends I made through the game. I wish everyone at ArenaNet a fantastic future -- I love you all."

:(

That's ducked up.:angry:

Archived