Skyscale Skin Pack Idea

If anyone from the art team responsible for creating mount skin can see this, I have a suggestion for a skin package.Can we have 5 skins that coordinates with the current 5 playable races.

For example:Human - Armored SkyscaleNorn - Frost dragon like the Claw of JormagCharr - Industrial looking, with fire elementsAsura - Mecha style (Exo Suit)Sylvarri - something similar to the Shadow of the dragon boss.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people really want a multi-skinned pack, and some don't. I think an awesome solution would be to make a 12-skin Skyscale Only pack, but have the same select/random-adoption options as the regular mount packs.

I like your idea of racially themed mounts. The Norn one could match that shiverpeaks pack. The Asura one could match that exo-suit set. Not sure what the human or Charr ones would look like. It's certainly time we had some sort of Sylvari themed mount.

@"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:Some people really want a multi-skinned pack, and some don't. I think an awesome solution would be to make a 12-skin Skyscale Only pack, but have the same select/random-adoption options as the regular mount packs.

I like your idea of racially themed mounts. The Norn one could match that shiverpeaks pack. The Asura one could match that exo-suit set. Not sure what the human or Charr ones would look like. It's certainly time we had some sort of Sylvari themed mount.

human design could be based around the gods.. as even though they are absent now they are still very prevalent in human lore.

charr could of course be mechanical.. not like asuran tech but more industrial looking with lots of fire.

@Adrianna.3092 said:

@"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:Some people really want a multi-skinned pack, and some don't. I think an awesome solution would be to make a 12-skin Skyscale Only pack, but have the same select/random-adoption options as the regular mount packs.

human design could be based around the gods.. as even though they are absent now they are still very prevalent in human lore.

Perhaps with a aesthetic / visual link to the Defiant Glass weapon set / outfit and the Shattered Cathedral glider, something like that?

charr could of course be mechanical.. not like asuran tech but more industrial looking with lots of fire.

Themed like the Dreadnought raptor skin?

Good idea Op, i'd like to add my own if i may:Human- steampunk themed, like a marionette with rotor blades or somethingNorn- spirit-animal themed, like the ghostly ravens etcCharr- warmachine theme, like the molten jetpack mini/backpackAsura- some kind of golem, maybe like the glider skin or Iggy backpack, or maybe a holographic dragon?Sylvari- obviously nature-themed, perhaps a dragonfly/cicada/moth or a reskin of the mordrem terragriff.

Whatever it is, as long as it can realistically pull-off the animations (vertical take-off from standing, wall-grabbing and launching etc) it should be fine.

So many options...dragonfly, butterfly, flying squirrel, branded, star, flame, shadow, different dye channels, pterodactyl, elder dragons, shiny/slick leathery appearance...

I REALLY hope they come out with a huge chunk of skins just for skyscale and let you random or select pick from it.

Something a bit closer to conventional european style dragons (I know, skyscale isn't a dragon, but this is just a skin).EDIT: Someone corrected this. It's actually a dragon, but a new species.

Also, I don't like the current appearance of the skyscale... something about the face that I just can't... same for warclaw honestly.

@Edge.8724 said:Something a bit closer to conventional european style dragons (I know, skyscale isn't a dragon, but this is just a skin).

Also, I don't like the current appearance of the skyscale... something about the face that I just can't... same for warclaw honestly.

skyscale is a dragon actually... it is even referenced as such in the story... it is just a new species of dragon born from kralkatoric messing with the mists... but still a dragon.