What could top Mounts? (The future of the next story)

So I was discussing with some guildies on what could possibly top mounts for the next story and I was thinking; why not finally implement the Tengu as a playable race? Everyones speculating we're going to Cantha next and that'd be a perfect moment to add Tengu!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody knows where the story's going next and it's just hyped speculation at this point that we're going to Cantha anytime soon (as has been the case since launch). Next map area could be anywhere right now as the story could take any direction after that very open S4 finale. New playable race is unlikely since Anet said previously that it would probably be too much work to make new weapons, armor, etc. for a new race. No idea what the next expac feature is going to be, but underwater combat revamp and player housing seem to be the two biggest possibilities atm.

@Ravij.9856 said:So I was discussing with some guildies on what could possibly top mounts for the next story and I was thinking; why not finally implement the Tengu as a playable race? Everyones speculating we're going to Cantha next and that'd be a perfect moment to add Tengu!

How would Tengu (or any other new playable race) top mounts?You can use multiple mounts on all your characters, while you can only have one new race active and only on new characters, old ones don't benefit from a new race.Mounts can be integrated to the story (required to progress) or to make life easier by adding new mechanics to help navigate the maps. This increases the value of mounts.Meanwhile a new race cannot be used for either, it will only attract those that want to try that new race, and not every player, meaning the value of a new race is very low compared to a mount.

Sure the one from claw island sank and surely did like the titanic. But look at recent moving assets, the moving boat in sandswept or the moving airship of dragonfall are okay, better than before. But agree we don't have proper tides with platforms that really mime floating, it's an asset set at an altitude, following a path.

I actually like the idea of an airship for travel on the World Map in general as opposed to mounts which travel inside a particular map. Maybe not the Terran Battlecruiser but something more like the Highwind or Ragnarok from a certain, long running Sony RPG series.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@zealex.9410 said:Ships and naval combat?Airships might be a thing, but given the fact Anet dont actually know how boats work I wouldnt trust them with that. Or did they finally fix the moving boat in the Claw Island cinematic after 7 years? I am guessing... no.

Even if they knew how boats work, whats the chance that they would go back to old content and change it.

@"lokh.2695" said:Wouldn't know what could top mounts. I personally would love to see them revisit/rework older maps(core) or content(dungeons), or maybe even focus on underwater for a few months.

Also:Tengu Threads, please use the forums search option, thanks.

I'm not using this thread to discuss Tengu, I'm aware those threads exist and I do use the search option; but again I'm not using this thread to discuss tengu. If I wanted to discuss the Tengu I'd use the appropriate thread. I'm using this thread to propose what could top the addition of mounts. What could Anet add or come up with to top mounts. HoT brought Masteries and with it Gliding, PoF finally brought the addition of Mounts which pretty much topped everything that came out in HoT. So whatcould top PoF's mounts?

Please don't make assumptions.

It all depends on how much time and resources anet can spend for the next big selling point.

Housing does not give much to extend previous game play. A house would be more like a personal instance. Good for anet to sell ppl shiniest but not much game play fun.

New race... extend game play? No just a visual asking for a new race is almost like making a transformation tonic the big selling point.

Air combat ? That’s like Mounts with extra stats

Naval combat sounds like a map with an event or does everyone get his own boat ?

Next big selling point I guess will be a way to customize our char more than ever.

Color ur spells a guardian who spells looking greenish with necromancy flareChange animations swing ur sword like this way or that way (elegant/barbaric/Kung fu/beast/ silent killer/Change ur idle stand positions /happy/cool/Grimm/ thinking/sleepy/cute

A new way to build ur talents more variety to choose. More skills more traits . Weapon skills become changeable as well.Instead of specialization it will be a build how u want.

Possible to cross specGuardian/ thiefEngineer/Rangerbalance in pvp will become a nightmare but anet does not really care pvp anyway.

Players get a complete new way to play their old class and anet can sell animations and spell effects