Which ingame titles do you use the most and why?

@ShiningSquirrel.3751 said:

@Warlord.9082 said:Harder than anything GW2 offers.

Not really as it doesn’t require much of any skill to get.

LOL, yeah right! Many of the achievements required took far more skill then anything in GW2.

Not really. GW1 titles were pretty much locked behind grind and/or gold.

LOL, what ever you say, keep thinking that if you want but those of us who played since beta know better.

Or you’re misremembering. Name the titles that require skill.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Voltekka.2375 said:

@"Warlord.9082" said:God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals. The only title that is actually hard to get.

Ultimate Dominator would like to have a word with you

I'd say that UD gotten a bad rep, after the whole "OSfarm" thing, most people I've played with in WvW tend to see the UD title as a sham. Basically more times than not, seeing someone with UD in WvW they farmed it in OS, and doesn't have the skill to back it up.

@ShiningSquirrel.3751 said:

@Warlord.9082 said:Harder than anything GW2 offers.

Not really as it doesn’t require much of any skill to get.

LOL, yeah right! Many of the achievements required took far more skill then anything in GW2.

Not really. GW1 titles were pretty much locked behind grind and/or gold.

LOL, what ever you say, keep thinking that if you want but those of us who played since beta know better.

Ive played since beta. He is correct. GW1 titles focused on grind and/or gold.

@joneirikb.7506 said:

@"Warlord.9082" said:God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals. The only title that is actually hard to get.

Ultimate Dominator would like to have a word with you

I'd say that UD gotten a bad rep, after the whole "OSfarm" thing, most people I've played with in WvW tend to see the UD title as a sham. Basically more times than not, seeing someone with UD in WvW they farmed it in OS, and doesn't have the skill to back it up.

That may have been the norm couple of years ago, but today more have this title without the killtrading exploit. I mean, there are people with 1 million kills from known fight servers...

I am a GWAMM. Proud GWAMM. Who who said there's no skill never did Aurora Glade mission Hardmode. a -hemMy second account is 'been there done that'NO title actually gives me sense of achievement that GWAMM did in the first one.Maybe this game needs something along the lines.

On my main I use Exalted Achiever, waiting to get my Furious Achiever.On other characters I use titles that "fit" them.

@Dami.5046 said:Who who said there's no skill never did Aurora Glade mission Hardmode. a -hem

Soloed it with heroes back in the day, that wasn't even the hardest mission in the game. Finishing Winds of Change on hard mode WAS a real challenge, but not required for GWAMM.

Maybe this game needs something along the lines.

Achievement reward titles are the equivalents to GWAMM, they take much more time and are much harder to acquire (Not talking about the unavailable ones either)

@"The Angle of Deth.2985" said:Have you gotten 'Survivor'? I'm a GWAMM. You sweat that survivor title out.

You can "earn" the survivor title while afk. Binge watch a series while "earning" it.

The Blazing Light, because when the crown pavilion got introduced the first time I was the first one in my guild who was able to beat Liadri and overall I only knew 1 other person at that time who killed her by the end of the event (admittedly I didn't know a whole lot of ppl other than my guild mates and a few randoms I've been playing a bit but I've talked to a lot of ppl at the arena and stuff too so.. still).Unfortunately with all the power creep during the last few years Liadri lost the challenge (I really noticed a big difference with actually all arena champions across the board), so the title is a bit irrelevant now, but at least I know I was one of the first who got it, back when it was still hard :3Also I think it sounds pretty cool as well.

I pick titles that are either appropriate to my character's lore, or if I don't have one that is, I just pick the birthday titles.My main (Chimie Pepin) uses "Contract Killer", since that's the closest title i have to describe him. (Adamant Guard external intelligence and defence for the Black Citadel, like the Charr equivalent of a Royal Marine Commando, or Navy Seal).

My second character (Reeva(as in the NPC)) uses "The respected Achiever" in reference to her quote "Maybe I should change my name to Reeva the cleeva, nah that's awful".

The rest I hardly ever play, and just use the "devoted" title, as I believe that's the oldest one. (had my main since launch)

@Mouse.7382 said:'Exhaulted Legend' back when pvp was good and it's now retired.

Honestly read that as Exhausted Legend and thought it was the most fitting title I'd ever seen.

@"Blood Red Arachnid.2493" said:"Leaves No Heroes Behind." Mostly so I don't have players harassing me any time I want to do fractals.

I didn't know there were titles that held that kind of power!

The only title I've ever really stuck with is Deer Commander for my ranger.

Depends on what I usually play on that character, I generally choose a title that denotes some experience/dedication for the content at hand.Generally Fractal God for Fractals, Envoys Herald for Raids and Reaper or profession Titles for PvP etc.

Characters I play more rarely/don't engage in more hardcore content with get something that just fits them the most.