Ascended Food for free?

Right now best foods are account bound and require quite expensive mats to craft. With ascended food being feasts, everybody will benefit from them. Does this mean that I will just need to wait in WvW respawn area till someone pops ans ascended food and I just grab it for free? I dont have a problem being generous with my guildmates but I dont want to be a free ascended food provider.

@Blackfish.7349 said:I dont want to be a free ascended food provider.Then don't provide ascended food in the open world. Place it in the guild hall or in obscure locations.

Although honestly, if you produce the food and deliver to guildmates or squadies, why do you care if others leech? It's not as if people don't already gain advantage from others: JPs, metas with most damage/mechanics done by a minority, guild halls that are built by the donations of 10% of the guild, limited number of people tagging for events.

For me, I'm of the opposite opinion: if I spent that much on food, then I want as many people as possible to gain access, to help amortize the costs. 10 gold isn't worth just distribution to the fractal team; I'm inclined to leave it out for everyone in Mistlock.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:For me, I'm of the opposite opinion: if I spent that much on food, then I want as many people as possible to gain access, to help amortize the costs. 10 gold isn't worth just distribution to the fractal team; I'm inclined to leave it out for everyone in Mistlock.

Well said...

If you share a feast on meta or any other event with group, it's a win win... The event will be an extra step closer to victory and will be smooth

Help your cause by helping others rather than waste an unlimited feast on just handful of ppl

It'd be helpful if the ascended version of feast just stays there at least for 15 mins... So it'll be available for anyone who missed it during the course of the event

Ascended food will work like the current feasts, or banners and other shared buff items. So yes, you'll be able to use ones other people put down, and if you want to you could wait for someone to come along and put one down where you are (definitely best to wait in popular locations like towns and WvW lobbys), but you could be in for a long wait - especially if you want a specific food.

If you're concerned about which buff you have it will probably be better to make your own, or if you're playing with a group arrange for someone to make it for everyone. And then you may as well leave it in a public place because the cost to you will be the same no matter how many people eventually use it.

It's safe to say that you can charge a gold fee for it. I believe that's what almost everyone will do since all mesmers charge you for ports and guilds charge you for using banners.Don't worry everyone: You're save from me because I NEVER touch any banners, foods etc. because I'd feel guilty and like a beggar otherwise. Same goes for boons so I always stay away from revs (heralds) to make sure I don't steal their boons. The same way I hate it when people use the stuff that I put somewhere, get ported or delight in my boons. I always charge for portals, banners or foods though. So the new food content will much more be a great way to charge gold fees and horde gold for everyone. You should be elligible enough to always have your own stuff instead of relying on others or otherwise you wouldn't be able to be even worthy of stuff such as raids or T4 fractals (the true endgame content that filters out all the noobs and casuals)! Don't expect anything for free these days! We veterans worked hard for it! You already get everything made so much easier like for example instant level 80 boosts. Back in my day everything was hard work and we hadn't had shoo like mounts or gliders.

Hey mates, I don't care if ppl takes my food as soon as my team has what it needs to perform good, so no need to kick me from the game, or just give troll answers to a real problem that I am putting on the table (talking about foods xDD). I don't care about pve, I am talking about WvW were good food gives you a significant advantage against your opponents. Banners are for everyone but banners just give you karma, gold, exp, ... not combat advantage. I could think ok, I will not craft any food and I will just pick whatever is in the spawn point of a WvW, probably you will find some power food and some condi food, and as has been shown in anet premiere, they look actually good so even if its not your specific food, if you go power and take an ascended power food it will be better than the one u used to eat. So at the end I can think ok I will not craft anything I will just take what I find. If everyone thinks the same nobody will craft anything and just a bunch of people will cover all server needs at certain hours. Currently, best foods for wvw are not feasts, are personal, so its not me being greedy, its Anet way of designing the whole thing till now. I just want to know if things are gonna change now or anet will design some ascended personal food.

Same answer: think of it like banner buffs.

Yes you could refuse to ever buy Guild Heroes Banners, or any of the others, and hope that someone else will always provide them when you need them. Yes everyone else could do the same, and then we might end up in a situation where no one puts banners down because everyone is hoping someone else will do it instead. But in practice that doesn't happen because there's always people who prioritise having and sharing the benefits over the cost of making the banner, and I suspect it creates a knock-on effect where other players expect them to be there and so are more likely to put one down if there isn't. Especially if they've previously gotten the buffs for free from other people's banners and can trust that they will do again.

Now read that again replacing all mentions of banners with ascended food. That's what I expect will happen. I could be wrong of course, but I'll be surprised if no one is willing to share, especially in WvW where everyone else's performance affects what you're able to achieve.

And of course no one is required to provided ascended food, or other benefits, so if at any time you do feel like you're always the one putting it down and no one else ever shares you're free to stop doing that and let someone else do it, or let everyone else remember what it's like to play without ascended food and think about providing it for a change if it bothers them to go without.

The OP's phrasing seems to have obscured their actual concern, which seems to be whether enemies in WvW can take advantage of feasts that the OP drops.That seems unlikely to be a problem: it's easy enough to drop food in spawn and even if dropped in garri, it's unlikely that the trays of food will persist long enough for foes to grab them.

@Blocki.4931 said:Feasts last for 5 minutes I believe, so that's how it's going to go.

If you watched the Guild Chat they said the Ascended feasts would be good for up to 2 hours(though I'm pretty sure it's only 1, I thought I read that somewhere and not in the blog post). Anyways, unless you put then down in the Guild Hall they're available to anyone and anyone that eats from one gets the same buff as everyone else. It'll be the same as the current feasts, anyone can eat from it and most likely will.