New weapon skins in the frostfire bundle

senki.1046

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@senki.1046 said:those weapon skins look very beautiful. is there any other way to get the weapon skin besides spending 2000 gems for the whole bundle? I actually just want to buy the weapon skin, and not the whole bundle with the frostfire outfit.

Same here. I don't really dislike the new outift, but it's the weapons skins that i'm really interested in.

Thats some seriously pretty weapons, had a look at them. But if you remember the earlier packages that had an immortal weapon choice. Package deals was the only means of getting an immortal weapon. Now you can get an immortal weapon for 150 statuettes.

I think mythic has replaced immortal weapons as the package choice from now on.

Goodness! Those Mythic weapons are some serious eye-candy, Anet! (Hat's off to the Art Team!) :+1:

Now as I ponder purchasing the bundle to get my grubby hands on one of them there new shiny Mythics, perhaps the Art Team could consider designing a 3rd Generation Legendary Weapon set? :blush: (No journey, just the weapons like most of the Gen 2 set.) I love making Legendary Weapons and it was one of the things I looked forward to with the new episode/saga releases. (Sorta an end-game activity for me.)

Thank you for any consideration! :smiley:

@LucianDK.8615 said:Thats some seriously pretty weapons, had a look at them. But if you remember the earlier packages that had an immortal weapon choice. Package deals was the only means of getting an immortal weapon. Now you can get an immortal weapon for 150 statuettes.

They're probably replacing the Gold and Onyx Lion weapons, which replaced the Immortal weapons. I hope this means the Gold and Onyx Lion weapons will be available through statuettes soon, because there aren't nearly enough appearance packages to get the entire set. Not that I'm aiming for it, but they are pretty cool as well.

@TheNecrosanct.4028 said:

@LucianDK.8615 said:Thats some seriously pretty weapons, had a look at them. But if you remember the earlier packages that had an immortal weapon choice. Package deals was the only means of getting an immortal weapon. Now you can get an immortal weapon for 150 statuettes.

They're probably replacing the Gold and Onyx Lion weapons, which replaced the Immortal weapons. I hope this means the Gold and Onyx Lion weapons will be available through statuettes soon, because there aren't nearly enough appearance packages to get the entire set. Not that I'm aiming for it, but they are pretty cool as well.

Ah, I forgot about those.

Have you guys/girls seen these weapons? They look BETTER than legendaries. Look at the longbow, and greatsword. Totally outshines Pharus and Exordium. The rifle is the best I've seen, and I was very impressed with Arcanist rifle from the gemstore.

Please make these weapons a collection, instead of having to pay 2000 gems for just ONE

The last time they did weapons in package they eventually went tradable for statuettes.

They’re nice. Not legendary status by any means or close - just decent weapons with a nice glow that isn’t particle effect overkill. A couple there I could def use.

I can’t justify buying 2k gems for the package though. I like everything in in the package not just the weapons but I’d have to spend £30 to get it and I can’t justify that just for skins any more

I just checked them out. I don't think they are even close to legendary weapons. But they're definitely better than the weapons we can get from most weapon collections in game. But they're on par with gem store weapons. Compare the mythic axe to somethign like astralaria, astralaria blows mythic out of the water.

Ofc they're in the GemStore.. everything is going into the gemstore now minus one or two things per few months just to make it seem like we get meaningful in game rewards all the time.Aren't all players know GW2 is all about the Pay to Fashion these days. They got to milk the players somehow

@Hot Boy.7138 said:I just checked them out. I don't think they are even close to legendary weapons. But they're definitely better than the weapons we can get from most weapon collections in game. But they're on par with gem store weapons. Compare the mythic axe to somethign like astralaria, astralaria blows mythic out of the water.

Shines- checkHave sheath/unsheath animations- check

What it doesnt have are foot steps. But overall some of mythic skins look better than legendary

@"HardRider.2980" said:Ofc they're in the GemStore.. everything is going into the gemstore now minus one or two things per few months just to make it seem like we get meaningful in game rewards all the time.Aren't all players know GW2 is all about the Pay to Fashion these days. They got to milk the players somehow

See, I really understand that some people are upset about the ratio of free to paid content, but if you really tried to think about this it doesn't make any sense at all. This has been their business model since launch, so why was it okay all these years, but suddenly it is only seen at milking the players? "free content got worse" is not an argument for this, because it's untrue.

If you love them so much then use gems to buy it or wait for a sale, 2000 gems is basically half legendary weapon pricing and you get the outfit and glider too. Unlike legendary armor there really isn't a conceivable case other than build testing where it would outperform ascended in usability and cost (Berserker's+Viper's+Diviner's+Marshal's+Minstrel's+Harrier is 6 total which is around 240 gold aka ~1/9 of a legendary weapon). Legendary weapons are more or less for the footfalls on weapons where you would never use support stats on it (which is why staff is consistently the most useful legendary).

Whether they "better" than legendaries is arguable. There are many skins I would argue is "better" than some legendaries.

Anyway, this pissed me off far more than template prices. I just wanted the pistol skin for my secondary WvW engie stacking set, since its so visible. But 2000 gems to get 80% crap I dont want? Absolutely ridiculous. And if you want more of them, or all? Well just pay 30,000+ gems or whatever it is! You can have a masquerade party for all your friends with the extra frostfire outfits.

"better than legendaries" is subjective.

Sword is a bit short. Bolt is a wall hanger so it beats that out sure, but compared to Shining blade and Infinite light (imo best sword in the game) It doesn't keep up.

These are freaking gorgeous tho, if A-net want my money this is how they do it. I'm not even going to complain about it being another blue set.

I wanna add that GS to my collection, but will probably get staff.

To bad I hate the glider, and the outfit is mediocre. Woulda prefered keys or something.

@HardRider.2980 said:Ofc they're in the GemStore.. everything is going into the gemstore now minus one or two things per few months just to make it seem like we get meaningful in game rewards all the time.Aren't all players know GW2 is all about the Pay to Fashion these days. They got to milk the players somehow

There isn't anything exceptional about this ... that's how the game has always operated.

@"Blocki.4931" said:See, I really understand that some people are upset about the ratio of free to paid content, but if you really tried to think about this it doesn't make any sense at all. This has been their business model since launch, so why was it okay all these years, but suddenly it is only seen at milking the players? "free content got worse" is not an argument for this, because it's untrue.

Absolutely. There isn't anything real about this kind of complaint ... no, players aren't being 'milked' because they have a choice to buy something. That's the most ridiculous statement people throw around anytime they don't want to pay for something.

They only look okay to me. Nothing in that package fit my taste. It seems odd that you have to buy a package of skins to get one of the weapons though. What if I did like the skins and wanted to purchase the whole set? I wonder if they would sell more gems if you could get just the weapons. Without their sales data we will never truly be able to speculate.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:I could not believe there were weapon offerings for 1000 or 1600 Black Lion Statuettes! Who saves up that many?

The currency ranges for newer items like this, scaling higher over time and a rate no one can keep up with. Either from lacking understanding the value of currencies or resources or desperation to push for more return. It doesn't bode well for the game since things like this is an extreme that does the opposite of keeping player retention.