which weapon do you want your class to get in the new expansion?

What do you mean to early to influence their decisions. Most likely, they literally just started working on this expansion and it is a couple of years away.

As for the weapon I want for Engineer, I really want a staff. As for the role, either a support spec worthy of being meta in raids and fractals, or some sort of AoE damage spec that makes us wanted in WvW meta zergs. Or also, a good PvP condi spec.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

let see ...

• polearms
  • whip/chain/rope type weapons
  • actual throwing weapons
  • crossbow(actual crossbows not the silly 1 handed ones)
  • "unarmed"/brass knuckle/punch daggers, there are already punching animations done for existing skills anyway

As for existing weapons, probably pistol/pistol elementalist for a https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MageMarksman

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@aspirine.6852 said:Just give the current weapons more skill options.

Yes! It would be swell to finally be able to pick weapon skills rather than having them locked to the weapon. I miss GW1's skill system.

That might make balancing even more complicated, but I would love to see an elite spec that uses an old weapon in a new way. Like a new Necromancer elite spec that changed that staff 1-5 skills.

I'm going for a control and pull theme for all the classes that keeps opponents from moving or escaping._

Dragoon Warrior - Staff - Throw your staff spear and/or leap to your target to knock them up.

Sentry Guardian - Warhorn - Inspire you and your allies to make CC effects stronger and last longer.

Tyrant Revenant - Greatsword - Smash and corral your opponents so they cannot escape.

Untamed Ranger - Focus - Use your whip to make your ravaging pet pin and annihilate your opponents.

Spelunker Thief - Focus - Unleash your traps to follow enemies and use your whip to bind or pull them to you.

Personally I don't think completely new weapons are off the table for a new expansion, the unidentified gear change probably made it very easy to retroactively add more and new items to their loot table, which was completely impossible before without going through every single one individually and one of the main arguments against it. In that case I'd love to see two-handed Axes or Spear/Halberd type weapons.

I want to see a dual wielding Scepter for the Warrior. That is all.

I'd really like to see them explore new design space with the one-handed weapons by making some specs that use one-handed weapons that were typically relegated to one hand to the opposite hand. Stuff like main-hand shield for Guardian or Warrior, or off-hand scepter for Ele. Would love to see main-hand focus for Mesmer, dual-wielding The Binding of Ipos or the Chak Focus would be cool as hell.

Personally, I don't see why they couldn't just give us a skin showing a spear for our staff skills. I'd like something as simple as that for updating the inclusion of a basic weapon type to all characters that can wield staff. Adding, additional skins for oriental weapons to existing weapons would be satisfactory to me as well. We already have katanas, sai, kama, chain sword. We're lacking Halberds (though some staff resemble this), whips, ropes, chain weapons, chakram, blowguns, tonfa, jian, butterfly sword, hook sword, just to name a few options for skins. In general, I think there should be no weapons added to the classes. I would prefer it if they made racial weapon types and give each race a specialty weapon or trait line.

Asura - Golems, not just the lumbering ones, let's go drone style....Charr - Beast like abilities for the race. They can run on all 4s for pities sake. They have fangs and claws. Use them!Human - Get in touch with the Gods again. Maybe even one god who hasn't fully abandoned humanity such as Kormir.Norn - Get in touch with new spirit abilities. Channel the spirits of the recovered spirits of Wolverine, Ox and Eagle.Sylvari - Plant based abilities obviously whether it's planting individual shoots, vine walls, entanglement, whatever.Tengu - They are called masters of weapons. Chose one weapon type and gain bonus abilities with it.

Duel dagger revenant, svanir legend. Focus on becoming the norn-bear and becoming a monster on the battlefield with consuming maddness being its new toy to play with.. You can only choose ONE legend but you get two variants of each legend. Madness consumes the legend and you basically get a super-charged and over-powered variant in which you transform based on legend and you can only be killed after your health is depleted and your CC bar has been broken while in that form..

Shrio becomes a shrio-kinJalis becomes an evil avatar, much like a stone summit in appearence..Mallyx you become the avatar of MallyxVentari you become an anti-healer, with life leech and thorns.Svanir(new legend) you become the norn bear..

Mesmer - shortbow - bard themed with a harp unlockable skin!

Ele - Greatsword/Longbow. I can't really decide. I was really bummed at the theme of Weaver and initial impression but mechanically it's one of the most fun things to play in the game so I'm sure they'll do a good job with the next one.

Necro - longbow and somekind of stealth mechanic maybe. Or a transform spec.

Honestly I'd love to see a bunch of transform specs for everything. I really miss druid in WoW and we have quite a few professions that I think could be really interesting with somekind of transform mechanic. I.e. Necro - with a shroud that's an actual transform. Maybe demon themed.

We have eles - who could become actual elementals or djinn - but that ship kind of sailed with the weaver spec.Revs - can invoke legends and could theoretically become anything - might also be difficult to balance with legend swaps.Rangers - probably not going to happen either after the soulbeast merge spec and the fact that you have Norn racial abilities.Engineers - Golemn/Construct suits.

Either way - I'm just excited for something new.

@"Gnomeo.1493" said:

• Rev Greatsword
  • Guard Rifle or pistol (steampunk style) or dual sword :)361px-Shiro_concept_art.jpg

For some reason I feel like Guard is going to get a pet/summoning oriented spec next. It feels like a play style they're missing right now and the current conjured weapons have always been kind of lame. Imagining they'll get a warhorn offhand and the pets will be similar to necro pets that serve different purposes - like one that heals, one that damages, and one that supports/buffs etc.

While I'd love an actual real power-oriented mesmer spec, I feel like that's kind of similar to how a bard spec for mesmer would play out.

Warrior Pistol! Then I can be Charr SF bro. Would be cool if it was a multi-target weapon, where each unique target you shoot gives you a quickness boost, so the more people you hit, the faster you hit them. For each target killed you loose one stack of quickness, so it's really good a melting one target when you're severely outnumbered, but not that effective when there's even odds.

I still really want to see:

EngineerShortbow with modified arrows, shooting flasks or Scepter for a minions based specs, golem, watchworks.....

NecroSelf inflicting condis to have boosts.

ElementalistLongbow: charging elemental bullets casting magical rings and creating big explosions.