There's this one guy who is constantly AFK farming.

they've commented on it multiple times and have always said that aslong as you aren't doing anything artificial, you're A-OK.so if your have the perk that auto loots and you leave your ranger in a location where you will get attacked and your pet will kill the mobs,you did nothing artificial, there was no 3rd party program pressing the loot key repeatedly, it was just built in mechanics.

@Liewec.2896 said:they've commented on it multiple times and have always said that aslong as you aren't doing anything artificial, you're A-OK.so if your have the perk that auto loots and you leave your ranger in a location where you will get attacked and your pet will kill the mobs,you did nothing artificial, there was no 3rd party program pressing the loot key repeatedly, it was just built in mechanics.

so in other word, going afk and having pets auto-loot is ok whereas a 3rd party program is doing the job for you??

(don't take it personal), it is an open question-- is there a 3rd party program or a bot system which points out to who's using them or not?

Example; It is like saying, it is ok to beat up someone as long you are not beating him up mercilessly like the other bad guy??

I find that ludicrous!!

white lie, half lie= Lie

@"kharmin.7683" said:That's not even a valid analogy

it is a valid because as stated, 'innocent-valid reasons' Afk is no different than who abuses Afk. Therefore, Anet doing partial treatment is wrong either way

I'm all for being a good role model with positive influence. Anet should be the example of it with having no partial treatment for Afk

RelPGVu.jpg

You have no idea how ANet sanctions who it finds is truly afk because they never publish that information. For all you know, each and every afk'er is legitimately at the keyboard. Comparing this to a felonious assault, where the outcome is clearly obvious, is hyperbolic at best.

It’s easy to assume ppl are afk or botters. But I’ve seen that anet teleports engineers at iron marches and they all came to life and spoke to the gm and went back to their spot to continue farming. Imagine all the msgs they get during the time they are there that they are bots and afk. They have no obligation to answer them all. As long as they play by the rules it’s ok. Being afk is not ok. But it’s no way for players to know if they are afk or not.

@Burnfall.9573 said:

@"Liewec.2896" said:they've commented on it multiple times and have always said that aslong as you aren't doing anything artificial, you're A-OK.so if your have the perk that auto loots and you leave your ranger in a location where you will get attacked and your pet will kill the mobs,you did nothing artificial, there was no 3rd party program pressing the loot key repeatedly, it was just built in mechanics.

so in other word, going afk and having pets auto-loot is ok whereas a 3rd party program is doing the job for you??

(don't take it personal), it is an open question-- is there a 3rd party program or a bot system which points out to who's using them or not?

Example; It is like saying, it is ok to beat up someone as long you are not beating him up mercilessly like the other bad guy??

I find that ludicrous!!

white lie, half lie= Lie

its silly but its what they said when they were asked, everyone was astonished that they were pretty much saying "go to town"as long as you aren't using anything outside of GW2 to do it.

Anet is actually pretty good in comparison to other mmo's when it comes to reducing the impact that afk farmers have on the game. As an example, loot is terrible in this game, or haven't you noticed?

So the system is preserved and maintained and if some group of people do manage to make a damaging impact on the game or game economy through exploits or violating tos, it would be like the Eye of Sauron turning its gaze to that group.

• 1 year later...

i dont care but  its irritating seeing  people abusse the system.

Its so funny people trying to talk afk farming in the good direction  lol 

Report  people fals ist not fair lol haha it means u already make a confession what your doing.

Report them all so it fair to all so they all can prove there not afk lol 

afk farming is good for the system god ... war is good .. killing people is also good for the over population of the world.?

AFKframing is only for one purpose making easy money youtube movies prove that statement so stop bullshitting

one video shows one month afk farming make them 500 000 voltaire magic doing only that one thing   i play every day  i have  a poor 10 k whats fair about that?  so dont ask the question why other people  are annoyed by this .

Edited by Artic Frisko.2361
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3

On 4/20/2020 at 11:18 PM, Hope.6582 said:

It’s easy to assume ppl are afk or botters. But I’ve seen that anet teleports engineers at iron marches and they all came to life and spoke to the gm and went back to their spot to continue farming. Imagine all the msgs they get during the time they are there that they are bots and afk. They have no obligation to answer them all. As long as they play by the rules it’s ok. Being afk is not ok. But it’s no way for players to know if they are afk or not.

thats why report them all dont leave one behind that would not be fair to the others thats bin reported  lol

• Confused 2

On 9/7/2021 at 7:46 AM, Artic Frisko.2361 said:

i dont care but  its irritating seeing  people abusse the system.

Its so funny people trying to talk afk farming in the good direction  lol 

Report  people fals ist not fair lol haha it means u already make a confession what your doing.

Report them all so it fair to all so they all can prove there not afk lol 

afk farming is good for the system god ... war is good .. killing people is also good for the over population of the world.?

AFKframing is only for one purpose making easy money youtube movies prove that statement so stop bullshitting

one video shows one month afk farming make them 500 000 voltaire magic doing only that one thing   i play every day  i have  a poor 10 k whats fair about that?  so dont ask the question why other people  are annoyed by this .

war, mhmm... way to necro to completely embarass yourself

On 4/15/2020 at 11:29 AM, Holgarf.6581 said:

He/she is never there. Never. Now here I thought total AFK farming was not allowed? Here's me, MUG, running around farming in the same vicinity, legitimately, and this one clown can just leave his ranger there with a jacaranda, spewing lightning bolts 24 hours a day. It doesn't matter if it's an inefficient method of farming but it's AFK farming nonetheless.

I'm getting the impression that my reporting is going to be considered hassle and be dubbed abuse of the report system, even though I am using it for genuine purposes and with the best intentions.

There needs to be a blanket statement that addresses farming in general, all types of it. If AFK farming (I've looked at previous posts and apparently it is) is against the rules, then enforce it. As I said, this one chump has been in the same place for DAYS. I got to this place with my Necro (yes I'm a mug, I run around with minions not AFK farming) and I was like "how is this guy STILL HERE!?".

This reminded me of my earlier complaints regarding other idle farmers, some probably botting and multi-boxers, some of which are fine some that are not. Now multi-boxing doesn't appear to be against the rules, but isn't that an abuse of the system? It takes up server space, people use free accounts to abuse the system and because they're half paying attention to a single account, the remaining 4-5-6-7 accounts they have running farming are, technically idle, but that's not against the rules because it's considered multi-boxing? That doesn't make sense to me. The rules are skewed. That brings me to the genuine AFK farmers (and potential botters) who sit on the exact same spot among a sea of other players, minions, turrets, pickup items, in tight formation, who are so blended in it's nigh impossible to see their names or report them.

Am I, in doing what I think is right, going to put my account at risk flagging people who are either bending the rules or outright breaking them? My intentions are only ever honest. I know some farming methods are fine, assuming someone is still at their computer, but sooo many people clearly are NOT at their systems, or sit among a sea of multi-boxers so you can't tell who is who and what account belongs to which (hence mass reporting - which isn't intended to abuse the report feature).

There needs to be more clarity. Why am I following rules if those who frequently bend/break them can go unchecked?

Dear Hero,

If you want an AFK farm closed, popularize it until large streamers/youtubers advertise it in their content. Then Anet will upgrade defences in the area.

-Signed

The Lake Doric Centaurs

• Haha 2