Revenant Needs A Nerf

MTC.9536

I am a long-term GW2 veteran since beta that played for BooN and TFL back in the days. I have seen a lot: Hambow Warrior, D/D Celestial Ele and other things that were barely counterable.I came back to the game a month ago and never have I seen a build more complete and holistic than Condition Revenant. It offers CCs, Condition Immunity, Blocks, Boons, Sustain while doing damage with the most broken condition in the game that shouldn't exist in the first place: Torment. A game where you have to move punishes movement...let that sink in.

Two patches, still no nerfs to Revenant. Developers! This needs to change.

Also: I am nobody that dies to a class once and complains it is too strong. I love the game and want it to be better. I am a main Necro and when it was clearly too strong with Signet Of Spite back in the days I called for a nerf too; just as a reference for my objectivity.

1. 15 out of the top20 players are Revenant mains for the last season.
  2. The April monthly was literally won by 3 Revenants.
  3. Every top team plays 1-2 Revs as an absolute must.

What are your thoughts? Please upvote this and comment so the developers see it.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@MTC.9536 said:I am a long-term GW2 veteran since beta that played for BooN and TFL back in the days. I have seen a lot: Hambow Warrior, D/D Celestial Ele and other things that were barely counterable.I came back to the game a month ago and never have I seen a build more complete and holistic than Condition Revenant. It offers CCs, Condition Immunity, Blocks, Boons, Sustain while doing damage with the most broken condition in the game that shouldn't exist in the first place: Torment. A game where you have to move punishes movement...let that sink in.

Also: I am nobody that dies to a class once and complains it is too strong. I love the game and want it to be better. I am a main Necro and when it was clearly too strong with Signet Of Spite back in the days I called for a nerf too; just as a reference for my objectivity.

What are your thoughts? Please upvote this and comment so the developers see it.

we know, we all know. most revs cant even delude themselves that the rev isnt broken, they know too.but this is legit what developer wrote.@Cal Cohen.2358 said:Rev is a class that's favored more by the best players, and the best players tend to win the monthly.gl hf revs here to stay, wubba lubba dub dub

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@MTC.9536 said:I am a long-term GW2 veteran since beta that played for BooN and TFL back in the days. I have seen a lot: Hambow Warrior, D/D Celestial Ele and other things that were barely counterable.I came back to the game a month ago and never have I seen a build more complete and holistic than Condition Revenant. It offers CCs, Condition Immunity, Blocks, Boons, Sustain while doing damage with the most broken condition in the game that shouldn't exist in the first place: Torment. A game where you have to move punishes movement...let that sink in.

we know, we all know. most revs cant even delude themselves that the rev isnt broken, they know too.but this is legit what developer wrote.@Cal Cohen.2358 said:Rev is a class that's favored more by the best players, and the best players tend to win the monthly.

Half a year ago ,jesus people. Also quote the whole post so its in context.

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

we know, we all know. most revs cant even delude themselves that the rev isnt broken, they know too.but this is legit what developer wrote.@Cal Cohen.2358 said:Rev is a class that's favored more by the best players, and the best players tend to win the monthly.

Half a year ago
,jesus people.

arguably rev is even stronger then it was, so they kinda went the opposite way.and ill keep quoting that untill that quote stops sounding stupid, might take a while

@"Virdo.1540" said:aah, the daily "XX needs a nerf" thread, because someone couldnt counter a player with their "i dont need to think and adapt"-playstyle

As I said, I was consistently top20 before I stopped with GW2 and peaked Top10 last season as well. I am not the best player anymore but I have a good and fair understanding of the game and you can trust the fact that one needs to learn to counter classes to be this high in PVP so this is not your average XX needs a nerf post. You can be sure that everyone tries to adapt against Revenants and the only outcome is that people just play more of them. Look at the top 3v3 teams right now, also two revenants. If you think I am whiny look at these facts instead, they speak for themselves.

just made a thread about this. couldn't agree more. i was quite stunned not to see this monster get shaved for 3's. 3's cant be taken seriously, and we cant give any real feedback about it because the mode is such a joke balance-wise.couldn't care less about the next Conquest season, probably won't play much.

@Tayga.3192 said:

@Clownmug.8357 said:I can't even imagine condi revs without dire/trailblazer stats and access to tormenting runes being a threat.

I can't even imagine having problems with crev while having access to antitoxin runes / sigil of cleansing that cleanses 3 / food

Yeah, makes fighting gimmicky condi builds even more trivial. Probably not worth mentioning they also have food and non-watered down sigils.

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

Half a year ago
,jesus people. Also quote the whole post so its in context.

This is exactly how these sheeple demand nerfs on the forums. One person says something, then they keep writing threads, angrily post again a class, and regurgitating the same bs that everyone else is. It's like the majority of these people follower one another in a never ending circle, and none have any original thoughts of their own.

Yes I completely agree this is ridiculous how they keep linking that same quote taking out of context...

@Clownmug.8357 said:You pvpers are so cute. I can't even imagine condi revs without dire/trailblazer stats and access to tormenting runes being a threat.

They are not. They just don’t die. SPvP is bunker then AOE and CC spam. Condi rev do all these things well. And no power build deals enough damage to possibly burst someone down.

And wither you believe it or not, it clearly is the case based on last season results and ATs.

Honestly, I do t think they need a nerf. There is tons of stuff that needs buffs. Damage is way too low.

@MTC.9536 said:

I came back to the game a month ago and never have I seen a build more complete and holistic than Condition Revenant. It offers CCs, Condition Immunity, Blocks, Boons, Sustain while doing damage with the most broken condition in the game that shouldn't exist in the first place: Torment. A game where you have to move punishes movement...let that sink in.

I agree that torment shouldn't exist in the first place (the game is cluttered with too many conditions) but let's be real: confussion is even worse, because forces you to not use skills, and burning does way more damage than torment even if the tormented target is moving.

And being said that, the reason why AoE condition pressure is working so well is because power damage was overnerfed while the HP of each class stays the same. Still, I think that power Herald is stronger than the other condi Rev variants at the moment and the only reason condi is more abundant is because is easier to play, specially with pugs. But the same can be said about other AoE classes as Eles, Necros and Guardians.

@xWiroo.3841 said:rev does too many things and too well, its just stupid the level of negation of some people. Ive been pvping for a while, and its dominance is ridiculous.

CRev is slow moving, is not great for map control in Conquest; are you asking a balance based on a 3 vs 3 deathmatch with no control points in small maps?

Also, won't work: you have CRevs unsing Herald + Corruption + Invocation, but also Herald + Corruption + Retribution, and condi Renegades with different traitlines; most of those builds use some king of weapon combination with mace and axe, but some use sword and shield, others run staff and others longbow. All works, nerfing here and there won't change the things too much. Best way to weak the condi bunker meta is to buff the nerfed direct damage. And since breakstuns were also nerfed and the the cc is so frequent the sooner you boost direct damage the sooner this becames a instagib again. Chose your poison.

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

Half a year ago
,jesus people. Also quote the whole post so its in context.

This is in part why Devs keep their communication so limited. No matter what they say or when they say it people will continually use it without context to try to fit their narrative.

@"Vrath.1754" said:

This is in part why Devs keep their communication so limited. No matter what they say or when they say it people will continually use it without context to try to fit their narrative.

No, they limit they PR due oftenly they over-promise and under-deliver. See the templates, the WvW guild servers, the PvP patchs "every 2-3 months". And still, in terms of PvP, this game is still better than everything else in the market. But the management is poor.

@Buran.3796 said:

@xWiroo.3841 said:rev does too many things and too well, its just stupid the level of negation of some people. Ive been pvping for a while, and its dominance is ridiculous.

CRev is slow moving, is not great for map control in Conquest; are you asking a balance based on a 3 vs 3 deathmatch with no control points in small maps?

Also, won't work: you have CRevs unsing Herald + Corruption + Invocation, but also Herald + Corruption + Retribution, and condi Renegades with different traitlines; most of those builds use some king of weapon combination with mace and axe, but some use sword and shield, others run staff and others longbow. All works, nerfing here and there won't change the things too much. Best way to weak the condi bunker meta is to buff the nerfed direct damage. And since breakstuns were also nerfed and the the cc is so frequent the sooner you boost direct damage the sooner this becames a instagib again. Chose your poison.

Rev is clearly overperfoming, 1x1, 3x3, 5x5, no matter what angle u look.