This games deserves Better!! Help it SURVIVE!! SUBSCRIBE if needed!!

@LolyPOPS.5364 said:I'm a 38yo player, my first console i played is ATARI. I've played many many MMO game from the first age MMO such as Nexia, Ragnarok, WOW classic, etc

From that many game even the latest MMO such as BlackDessert, Kingdom Under Fire2, Etc There's none compare to GuildWars 2 in content, gameplay mechanic, event, graphic(yes this wined age game still have very enjoyable graphic compare that it doesn't need high end PC specs), except maybe story (well i still vouch for WOW for it's epic story) still on par with WOW though

So yes you only need buy one time and additional if there's big DLC.BUT why not pull more income from subscribing to make the game\company better. WOW with $15 that i could understand since it's one of the MMO pioneer. But game such as RuneScape3 charging $10 just so u can spend your time laboring(literally) inside the game is makes me wonder why people paid...

For $2.99-$4.99 it's way worth paying playing GW2!!And if it's come to subscribing i think SEA and Australia region have good prospect to add server in this region. (my ping is killin me)

What's stopping you from spending money on gems every month?

@phokus.8934 said:

@LolyPOPS.5364 said:I'm a 38yo player, my first console i played is ATARI. I've played many many MMO game from the first age MMO such as Nexia, Ragnarok, WOW classic, etc

From that many game even the latest MMO such as BlackDessert, Kingdom Under Fire2, Etc There's none compare to GuildWars 2 in content, gameplay mechanic, event, graphic(yes this wined age game still have very enjoyable graphic compare that it doesn't need high end PC specs), except maybe story (well i still vouch for WOW for it's epic story) still on par with WOW though

So yes you only need buy one time and additional if there's big DLC.BUT why not pull more income from subscribing to make the game\company better. WOW with $15 that i could understand since it's one of the MMO pioneer. But game such as RuneScape3 charging $10 just so u can spend your time laboring(literally) inside the game is makes me wonder why people paid...

For $2.99-$4.99 it's way worth paying playing GW2!!And if it's come to subscribing i think SEA and Australia region have good prospect to add server in this region. (my ping is killin me)

Maybe having to ask their parents for their credit card more than once?

@LolyPOPS.5364 said:And if it's come to subscribing i think SEA and Australia region have good prospect to add server in this region. (my ping is killin me)Hasn't Anet already said somewhere that the population there is not large enough to add servers? And it would be more than one server that would need to be added? Even with a subscription, I'm not sure that it would be enough money if the population isn't large enough?

If the game deserves better, what about us players? Over the years, ANet nerfed and destroyed many builds and professions that many players enjoyed. ANet listened to the noisiest forumers and never make any effort to go in-game and get feed backs from the bigger real player base. So now you expect us to pay a weekly fee so that ANet could continue to kill our builds and take away our fun? Oh sure, I'll pay.

@phokus.8934 said:

cause i could trade gold to gems...

@Raknar.4735 said:

@Raknar.4735 said:Gameplay wise they do, but players that don‘t purchase stuff in the Blizzard Store don‘t have access to those items.No, they don't because if you can buy anyting from item shop with real life money that puts players in same game in different situation by providing any benefit, then it's not anymore mountly payment system game. It's item shop game with montly item shop payment plan system. Because item shops put always players in different situation, by players real life money.

I guess I‘ll stop here. I‘m honestly not sure what you‘re trying to argue about here.Fact is, WoW has both a subscription system and an item shop.

that's what i meant, subs only for supporting server cost and services(to improve the game also), all other BL shop are mostly vanity item even if it's boost any performance the free player can still keep the gap. i highly oppose any shop build for P2W!!!

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:There have been calls to 'help the game survive' for 7 years.Yet, here we are, still alive, and looking toward the next expansion.

i didn't said it's DYING or anything come close to it, let me rephrase "to survive LONGER" i really do love this gamehow's GW1 nowadays anyways?

that's why why i'm suggesting subs fee only around $2.99-4.99 and throw beneficial by discounting port 50% mayphaps, etc (yeah and from this recent covid event this sound like a really bad turn to make) but hey i'm just sounding my idea and hearing what's all your responses =)

@LolyPOPS.5364 said:

that's what i meant, subs only for supporting server cost and services(to improve the game also)To improve the game how? In ways that you believe it needs to be improved? What if I don't agree with your wants/desires? How will my subscription go toward the improvements that I want instead?The server costs are already covered so I'm not sure where you're going there.

This game is advertised as having no subscription. To put subscription on it now would cause mass of players leaving the game for good.So far we don't know how much the player base is that group.And breaking your own advertisement is not a good idea either.

And there's the reality that subscription model is not definite answer of stability. Even WoW has experienced declines recently.

I've spent my fair share in the gem store and it should be enough.

I probably would spend more if they had dedicated teams working on All Content areas of this game. I am tired of them moving teams around to work on other projects. Fractals, Raids, PvP, and WvW need some serious love.

It always seems like they are working on things for the short timers and while the Veterans are just running around regurgitating the same content that they have done a million times before.

If they want my money they know what they need to do... There is no way I am paying a sub for the current content that we have been receiving. I'll keep saying it, I wish when I purchased gems that I could recommend the monies I gave them went to a specific area of the game.

No to subs. If they want to make more money they should add more utility items to the Store.

I would pay for;

• More Inventory tabs
  • More bank tabs
  • The possibility to get all 8 crafting licenses on a single character
  • Or the option to make crafting professions account wide
  • More Shared Inventory slots
  • Portal Device for the PoF meta's

And so forth.

I would be willing to change my expenditure on gw2 to a monthly sub if it included all gemstore content....and if I got a refund of past gem purchases. Lets say $5 per month for the last 96 months would be $480. Deduct that from the (on average) $100 per month I have been spending and Arenanet would owe me a refund of $9,120.

@Raknar.4735 said:

@"Lumikki.1725" said:To make this clear.

Company has to always make a choise between monthly payment or item shop system. Both of them have they own positive and negative side. If they are both in the same game, then one system will destroy others positive side. What means it's one or other, but never both.

Positive effect of item shops is that they can get bigger income and can also provide F2P side.Positive effect of monthly payment is that everyting is always already inside the game world and players "wealth" in the real world doesn't affect the game world.

WoW, FFXIV and ESO (optional sub) have both systems though. They each have a sub system combined with a shop.

More and more games are using the cash shop + season pass (Basically a optional seasonal sub) system. It‘s pretty often both systems.

If they add an "optional" sub, what do those who don't pay it lose? That is the question. They always lose something.

@LolyPOPS.5364 said:

cause i could trade gold to gems...

@Raknar.4735 said:Gameplay wise they do, but players that don‘t purchase stuff in the Blizzard Store don‘t have access to those items.No, they don't because if you can buy anyting from item shop with real life money that puts players in same game in different situation by providing any benefit, then it's not anymore mountly payment system game. It's item shop game with montly item shop payment plan system. Because item shops put always players in different situation, by players real life money.

I guess I‘ll stop here. I‘m honestly not sure what you‘re trying to argue about here.Fact is, WoW has both a subscription system and an item shop.

that's what i meant, subs only for supporting server cost and services(to improve the game also), all other BL shop are mostly vanity item even if it's boost any performance the free player can still keep the gap. i highly oppose any shop build for P2W!!!

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:There have been calls to 'help the game survive' for 7 years.Yet, here we are, still alive, and looking toward the next expansion.

i didn't said it's DYING or anything come close to it, let me rephrase "to survive LONGER" i really do love this gamehow's GW1 nowadays anyways?

that's why why i'm suggesting subs fee only around $2.99-4.99 and throw beneficial by discounting port 50% mayphaps, etc (yeah and from this recent covid event this sound like a really bad turn to make) but hey i'm just sounding my idea and hearing what's all your responses =)

For someone who is 38, you have the mind of a child. Gold to gems is the worst conversion imaginable. If you want to support ANet then buy gems and guess what you can do with gems? Buy items from the gem store. If you don’t want any items from there and need an item from the TP that exceeds your gold? Convert some gems to gold.

ANet isn’t lacking in profit margins at all. Micro transactions make companies profitable as people will spend more, on average, than a 15.99 monthly fee.

Lastly you also are under the misunderstanding that the reason there are no SEA servers is due to cost. It’s due to the relatively low population of players so there’s no reason to add 3 (more likely 9 for wvw).

I would sub if it would move gemstore items into the game. Hell I think the game would benefit from a optional sub system where you would get guarantee reward unlocks and knife gang bond from playing the game, like a premium wvw/pvp reward track or reward for clearing an entire raid wing for the week, or opening a fully charged weekly strike chest.

As someone who is 38 years old, actually grew up playing video games since the Atari 2600, and has experienced everything "live service" gaming has to offer, I find your assertions and suggestions personally offensive. You mock me and my culture, and you should be ashamed of yourself.

Yet another sub thread that fails to understand the community this game is built on.

Most of us got into Gw and Gw2 because there was no subfee.. and the vast majority of players would leave the game if a sub was introduced.A sub wouldn't "save" Gw2 oir even improve Gw2.. it would kill Gw2.

Most of us don't like subfees.. and others like myself utterly despise the very concept of subfees.

Netflix.. won't pay for it.WoW.. Don't care how great a game it is, never played it and never will, Thanks to the Subfee.Playstation, Xbox, Nintendo online services... congrats im not even buying your consoles anymore thanks to this greedy rip-off decision.Pokemon Sword and Shield+Bank+Home. HA!!! Nintendo surpassed even EA on how much of an absolute screw you to fans this was..24 years I've loved and supported the pokemon franchise, but never again will I spend a dime on it, Thankfully Temtem now exists which in a number of ways is actually a better pokemon game than pokemon.

I don't care how good or convinient or even how much of a fan I am of your product.. the second you add a Subfee, I am gone and I will never support your product again.Subfees are a ripoff and a giant screw you to the consumer.. so the only thing I can do is walk away and say screw you back.So that's what I do to every game and every service with a subfee, and I will quit gaming entirely before I ever change that opinion.

And it's got nothing to do with money either, I'll gladly spend more when im given the choice!I have a massive DvD/BluRay collection that dwarfs Netflix's library.I have more games than anything you'll find on XBL and PSNow.I have spent more money on Gw2 than I have any other game.

It's about principle.I am not giving you anything if you tell me you will take all my stuff away if I stop giving you money.There's a word for that you know... threatening to do something if someone stops giving you money, it's called extortion and that's exactly what subfees are imo.

@"Lumikki.1725" said:To make this clear.

Company has to always make a choise between monthly payment or item shop system. Both of them have they own positive and negative side. If they are both in the same game, then one system will destroy others positive side. What means it's one or other, but never both.

Positive effect of item shops is that they can get bigger income, not limitation how much money player can put into game and can also provide F2P side.Positive effect of monthly payment is that everyting is always already inside the game world and players "wealth" in the real world doesn't affect the game world.

Pretty much every game I can think of with a mandatory sub also has a cash shop as well..

I've looked into Wow's in the past and what really made me laugh was that a default cheap mount in WoW cost the same price as a 2000 gem Premium mount skin in Gw2 XDNo joke, Wow maybe a great game but it is one of the biggest ripoffs in this entire market.

@Dawdler.8521 said:I am 100% certain GW2 would have died within 6 months if it had launched with subscription and we wouldnt be here to have this discussion.

Pretty much every western MMO since WoW that released with subscription has failed, while f2p games make billions a year.

It's the market monopoly.If it costs a fortune to play a game then players are going to naturally gravitate to the most popular/best one on the market and all the others are going to die because there just isn't enough money floating around to keep them alive.This is why pretty much every big MMO since Wow is either dead or now Free2Play.Even big names like ESO had to drop the mandatory fee or watch their game drown and die.. i'm actually impressed FF14 managed to survive this long so far with one.

@HotDelirium.7984 said:

@lokh.2695 said:Ah finally, the weekly subscription thread has arrived.

Please use the forums search function to find out about the many threads that have come before.

Have a nice weekende.

Try not to be a forum topic imperialist darling.

I try but the repetitive threads keep coming up and I don't know how to cope otherwise. I guess being snarky on the internet fills the empty void in my heart. Pls sho me da wai senpai.