No Downstate

urd.8306

So for this no downstate week I have seen fewer thieves of any sort, and roughly the same amount of rangers of any sort, however so far I've seen more holos, necros and warriors.

Also I've noticed a lot more groups roaming as opposed to smaller scale roaming which could show who relies on skill and who relies on help.

Heck I took out a 3 man group who was entering our tower using a DPS Druid....a class/build that's subpar and inferior.

Sure when there is nothing but groups and zergs roaming ill hop on my "safety character" which is a special DE, however to survive the attempts of being steamrolled its almost a must....however any decent player knows to have a backup in case things aren't favorable.

• Like 1

@Ayrilana.1396 said:I've always been for downstate to be removed from the game entirely. It won't happen though as it'd alienate Anet's core demographic of players.

Downstate never benefits me in WvW. All it does is help zerging players who are outnumbering. I love being able to kill twice my numbers now because of no downed state. IMO no downed state should be perma in WvW, it has no place in this mode.

• Thanks 3

@Strider Pj.2193 said:Two classes suffer out of this (and ‘suffer’ is used with extreme literary license) Necro and Ele.

Necro being the ‘downstate King’ while, as pointed out before, Ele has mist form to get to safety.

Either work well as part of a party designed to assist.

It’s.., ONE week. And has happened a total of three times in the past 7 + years (iirc). Play a different class if you can’t function on your Ele.

Asking for it to be in the other game modes makes zero sense.

Those that want to experience it, can do so in WvW.

If you dislike it so much, maybe this week isn’t for you.

I dislike most of the festivals... Kinda glad they don’t force them on me in WvW.

Warrior in large scale fights too. You get out of combat too early without downed state players around you and you can't upkeep your adrenaline/spam burst skills

• 10 months later...

As an ele roamer I love no downstate.  I'm usually outnumbered and there's nobody there to rescue me if I go down, so being able to just down people and be done with it really helps me turn the tables!  Also, glassy ranger builds have a lot of trouble fighting me, which tends to work out well during these events.  Sorry it isn't so much fun for zerg play and I guess mist-forming yourself back inside the safe zone, but it's only for a week, right?

Edited by AliamRationem.5172
  • Like 1

On 8/16/2020 at 7:11 AM, Justine.6351 said:

Elementalist/Guardian/Thief base hp is too low anyhow and should be brought up to like 13k.

No it shouldn't. Im on thief myself and i see absolutely no reason to have a higher base hp. And it especially shouldnt be upped for guard neither,the main players of a blob.

Edited by Caedmon.6798
  • Like 1

On 8/15/2020 at 9:02 PM, MrForz.1953 said:

Well, I'm glad I don't get to go through the embarrassment of the engineer's downstate if I get downed.

I normally don't even try to self-heal, I just hold my breath to go faster. Throw junk is meh, but pulling with the hook just to wait for the explosion skill to load is so dumb.

I would rather have the hook pull 5 targets and ready the explosion skill. The tradeoff would be that the explosion will finish the engi.

The result would still be certain death but at least it would be a fun way to go.

• Like 1

Can't believe someone is crying over a one week event and asking ANet to 'punish' PvE players somehow because they can't handle getting killed. And what does PvE have to do with it? If you're entering a competitive mode where combat engagement with other players is involved, you should be prepared to get stomped.

My SO said he prefers the No Downstate mode because it just lets one port to a waypoint faster, and I do agree. I like that the combat is fast-paced and that people don't get to mass rez or Mist Form back into safety (not surprised ele mains would be the ones to complain).

1 hour ago, Caedmon.6798 said:

No it shouldn't. Im on thief myself and i see absolutely no reason to have a higher base hp. And it especially shouldnt be upped for guard neither,the main players of a blob.

Those classes are literally forced into vita stat. That shouldn't have ever been a thing.

No downstate means basically going into PvE or going into wvw on something stupid like Soulbeast, Burn Guard or any other build that is forgiving.

I really don't know why Anet thinks this is a great event and repeats it now and then. The whole pvp in GW2 is great because it's fast paced AND has the downstate mechanic that encourages more teamplay. With no downstate, you just open a group with 2 friend, strg+t something, delete it, tab target the next one and start over.

On 8/15/2020 at 5:02 PM, diomache.9246 said:

So, after you applied "no Downstate" in WvW again and it basically makes my class no fun at all (Elementalist here) can we at least apply that to PvE, sPvP and Raids too that everyone has to experience this great addition to the game equally?Or if the majority dislikes it just not do it again and neither combine it with double WxP?

I cannot confirm, that elementalist os no fun during no downstate. I just recently switched to Tempest and I find it huge fun. Yes, there are some burst-damage builds that come from stealth and kill you in less than 2 seconds, sometimes even instantly, even though I'm far from glass-cannon build, but that's not a problem of no downstate.

I think this mode exposes design problems, though: What I wrote above simply should not be possible. Yes, of course you can make attacks from stealth, but combining features and attacks in such a short time when coming from stealth for this drastic effect should not be possible. Never. IMO not even without stealth, but especially not when coming from stealth. Why? Because effectively this means there is no counterplay possible.

Generally no downstate nicely exposes one-shot builds. So if anything, this mode should be used to analyze the builds used and address problems.

• Like 1

On 8/15/2020 at 10:03 PM, diomache.9246 said:

Why do you think the majority of roamers in this event are thieves and rangers - generally the biggest cheese this game has to offer.

You're the one complaining about not being able to run with your tail between your legs when going downstate (aka mist form into a tower), and you call other classes cheesy? Mist form is the most annoying downstate skill in wvw. Not the best, but the most annoying.

In general I think it's refreshing to take out gankers when they can't rely on downstate anymore, makes it easier to play when outnumbered.

Edited by Lazze.9870
  • Confused 2

For people responding to OP or other posts - this thread is almost a year old (last event) because someome ressed it from the depths of the forum and the rest continued like nothing happened, lol.

All it shows is that the forum is more OP than the game.

Edited by Dawdler.8521

3 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

For people responding to OP or other posts - this thread is almost a year old (last event) because someome ressed it from the depths of the forum and the rest continued like nothing happened, lol.

All it shows is that the forum is more OP than the game.

I guess that means this thread got a Rally then huh?

• Haha 1