Give me your wild ideas for next e-spec!

JekthAvid.1408

You can give serious answers with traitlines and abilities fully fleshed out, or you can give us a basic concept, or even just a joke. I want to see what everyone's thinking about it! I'll do mine first, just a basic concept.

(Not sure about legend)Weapon will be greatsword (obviously lol)Utility skills will be focused on stealth and imbuing greatsword with special properties. (Inflict burning, poison, increase power dmg, etc)Greatsword attacks will be ranged. The player character will stay back and manipulate the greatsword, attacking with it while staying back and stealthing when necessary. Elite skill will call the greatsword back and it will become a melee weapon. (No weapon swap for this e-spec)Now give me your ideas! (Or criticize mine haha)(Do you like all my parentheses?)

Ritualist.

Instead of focusing on the spirit spammer playstyle (since this is already done with renegade basically), this elite spec will focus on the spirit smithing from ritualist.Their utility skills use the venom system, enhancing the next outgoing attacks of allies surrounding you, they are flavoured as spirit weapons from GW1. For example, it could have splinter weapon, which will deal damage to all enemies which are surrounding your target for the next x attacks.

It is a bruiser spec, something that makes the revenant great at tanking damage. You get a new class mechanic that lets you envelope yourself in a spirit armor, which is an upkeep skill and will lifesteal from up to 5 enemies close to you every second and give you a damage reduction.

@Kodama.6453so basicly a Legend with mods :P, Actually a Togo /Razah legend would fit that theme i think, being MasterTogo still in familly of the royal bloodline is a better bet for thaat role, and the the utilities changes the gameplay of the sword it self hummmm.

For Uncle tronbone animation on the new LS kinda feels he is more towards focus or daggers..... Ç_Ç

Maybe it will be GS, with teleports :\ aaand stealth???

I want a Power focused spec and legend which will help Revenants fight in more of a bruiser-esque Warrior fashion.

I love and hate Shiro :I love Shiro for being Shiro, and all that teleporting shenanigans.I hate how Shiro is the only Legend with any form of mobility for Power focused options.

Selfish Power focused spec, since we already have a boon support and an aggressive condi/hybrid support.

Legend is Svanir/Nornbear, adding another race into our lineup, as every legend until now has been from a different species and we don't have a Norn yet.If we take his GW1 skills into consideration, the E-specc would be about boon/condition control.Weapon is either Greatsword or MH Axe (+ OH Mace).

We already have 4 "good-aligned legends" (Ventari, Jalis, Glint, Kalla) and only 2 "evil-aligned" ones (Mallyx, Shiro), so another "evil" one would fit in.Lorewise it would fit into the current Icebrood Saga.Svanir's legend has had a big enough impact on Tyria, creating a whole cult around him.

Similiar candidates: Courier Torivos (MH Axe), Balthazar (Greatsword)

AnimistMechanism/F2: Upkeep tranform into an itzel (scout form).Legend: Ameyalli (focus on summoning nature critters that can be consumed for either personal support or offensive)Weapon: dagger/dagger.

SlaverMechanism/F2: Upkeep toxic aura (like the toxic pollen from the Tower of nightmare chapter, it deal small amount of periodic damage and summon snake hallucinations to players/foes that are affected)Legend: Oratuss (focus on control and debilitating conditions)Weapon: focus

Sailor:Mechanism/F2: Anchor (act like a warrior banner to periodically grant stability to allies within range)Legend: Jadoth (Water and shadow themed skills)Weapon: axe main-hand

Edit: I almost forgot my really wildest idea!

ScavengerMechanism/F2: Forage: Legend that you invoke periodically (let's just say that there is a CD) grant you a bundle that you can use with F2. (Ventari skills grant you healing seed, Jalis grant you mace head crack, Shiro grant you whirling axe, Mallyx grant you skull fear, Nameless skritt grant you throw gunk)Legend: Shiny skritt (each skill have an initial effect and gain a bundle to use)Trait: revolve around making the bundles more potent and more often available while also granting additional effects when you use a bundle. Everything about shiny bundles!!!!!Weapon: riffleLegend catch phrase: "Shiiiiinnyyyyyyy!"

Like it was mentioned before, I am happy as long as I get a selfish power dps spec, that can be a +1 in raids. No support, no hybrid, no niche abilities, just pure dps, a good one if possible. Obviously I would love to have a greatsword, because they are very cool, and Anet usually designs them to have the best skins in the game (personal, subjective opinion). Make it cool, make it flashy, make it awesome.

@Yasai.3549 said:I want a Power focused spec and legend which will help Revenants fight in more of a bruiser-esque Warrior fashion.

I love and hate Shiro :I love Shiro for being Shiro, and all that teleporting shenanigans.I hate how Shiro is the only Legend with any form of mobility for Power focused options.

Shiro needs a friend :)

Maybe an Envoy based legend with GS.. since shiro was suposed to become one of the envoys.Each envoy as utility would change some portion of the GS gameplay xD, TDLR, legendception, when one legend at a time is underrrated u get 6 xD.

Problem is ... the passiveness of what would become zzZZzzzZZzz, but if its something with mantra and could only have one mantra active at a time could somehwat work i think??? idk just giberishing and theorycrafting.

@"Raknar.4735" said:Selfish Power focused spec, since we already have a boon support and an aggressive condi/hybrid support.

Legend is Svanir/Nornbear, adding another race into our lineup, as every legend until now has been from a different species and we don't have a Norn yet.If we take his GW1 skills into consideration, the E-specc would be about boon/condition control.Weapon is either Greatsword or MH Axe (+ OH Mace).

We already have 4 "good-aligned legends" (Ventari, Jalis, Glint, Kalla) and only 2 "evil-aligned" ones (Mallyx, Shiro), so another "evil" one would fit in.Lorewise it would fit into the current Icebrood Saga.Svanir's legend has had a big enough impact on Tyria, creating a whole cult around him.

Similiar candidates: Courier Torivos (MH Axe), Balthazar (Greatsword)

Id actually love Svanir, I think he would be a flawless choice as he is an evil character (Well partially, we could have some really good theme of him loosing and fighting for control? Maybe two Svanir's the man and the nornbear fighting kind of like the hulks mental state and us being their anchor?) I also think it would be cool to become the nornbear and be focused around being a big monster, gaining power while in combat through bloodlust.

Id argue that you could make svanir likewise be able to go either way, by making him apply chill on most abilities then he could pair with mallyx. But making him also apply vulnerability he could pair well with shiro; Rather than falling out of your bestial form you could have for example different forms for different legends. (Shiro gets like an envoy like appearance around the player, Jalis you become stone, ventari becomes plant like/infused, Mallyx becomes demonic in appearance) Something like being their embodiment/vessel in our world?

Paired with duel daggers, tons of AoE and tons of CC I think A norn-bear would be better than most everything thats been thrown around. Asgeir would be cool but he is overall a good boy character; And thus far we only have two villains and could use another one. The duel daggers representing the "claws of the nornbear" and likely would be called that with a sick jormag/norn theme. I like the idea of madness and rage consuming the player as you fight, mobile and heavily dedicated to the bruiser roll and able to pair well with most legends. Heck imagine a Jalis/Svanir pair where you basically just nope condition damage. (Id imagine the norn bear would be very resilient regardless of if its power/condi to condition damage..)

1 legend rev, with the mechanic f1 will swap between chosen core legends and mist hollow that become default legend and the hollow stance that have its effect based on core legend ( ex: shiro/mist, jalis/mist, etc). No f2.

Weapon: FocusSkill 4: Pull an enemy through the mist to you. Range 900.Skill 5: Blast enemies around you and steal their boon. 1 boon per enemy, up to 5 target. (Like arcane brilliance).

HealUpkeep that heals for around 500 every second. Additional effect based on core legends during upkeep. 6 pips upkeep. No cast time.Shiro: Attacks siphon health.Jalis: Reduce 15% incoming damage.Mallyx: Reduce condition duration by 33%.Ventari: 20% more effective healing, and share with allies around.

Utility 1: Cast mist barrier that block frontal attacks for 2 sec. (Like shield of courage). 30 energy.Shiro: Gain might when blocking an attack.Jalis: Shield last 1 sec longer.Mallyx: Torment enemies that get blocked.Ventari: Gain regeneration when blocking an attack.

Utility 2: Enter the mist, evade attacks for 3/4 sec and breaking stun. (Like mist form ele but evade, not invul). 35 energy.Shiro: Gain superspeed for 2 sec.Jalis: Gain 4 sec of stability.Mallyx: Gain 3 sec of resistance.Ventari: Cleanse 2 conditions from you and allies.

Utility 3: Strike enemies around you with burst from the mist, blinding them.(Aoe like corona burst). 20 energy.Shiro: Always crit.Jalis: Gain 1 sec of protection per enemies hit.Mallyx: Inflict torment.Ventari: Heal for 400 per enemies hit.

Elite: Become one with the mist, enchancing yourself with the legends. Duration 6 sec, cast time 3/4. Cd 40 sec. 40 energy.Shiro: Endurance regeneration increase by 33%. Gain 300 ferocity.Jalis: Gain 5 stack of stability and protection for 5 sec. Attacks during this stance duration grant 1 stack stability for 3 sec. icd 1/2 sec.Mallyx: Increase condition damage by 250. Attacks inflict 5 sec of torment. Icd 1/2 sec.Ventari: Heal for 100 when attacking. Critical hits trigger burst heal for 300 to you and allies. Icd 1/2 sec.

Traits

Minor

• Based on legends used, gain bonuses.Shiro: 120 power.Jalis: 120 vitality.Mallyx: 120 condi.Ventari: 120 healing power.
  • Invoke INTO mist stance breaks stun. (modified empty vessel)

Major adept

• Focus skills inflict condition based on core legends.Shiro: 8 stacks vulnerability for 5 sec.Jalis: Weakness 5 sec.Mallyx: 3 stacks torment for 4 sec.Ventari: 4 sec blind.
  • Gain 3 sec of superspeed when using heal skill. Icd 10 sec.
  • Mist stance elite last 2 sec longer.

Major master

• Utility 1 blocks larger area.
  • Utility 2 remove movement impairing conditions.
  • Utility 3 strike 5 more enemies and deal 20% more damage.

Major grandmaster

• Legend swap grant 2 sec superspeed.
  • Swaping INTO mist stance pulls nearby enemies to you.
  • Gain boons when you swap out from mist stance to core legends.Shiro: 10 might for 8 sec.Jalis: 5 sec of protection.Mallyx: 3 sec resistance.Ventari: 8 sec regen.

Sory for bad english.Cheers

i need it to be greatsword, greatsword is the only thing that's left of warrior that i like that keeps me going back, the rest of the warrior class is completely garbage.if revenant gets power greatsword i can finally full commit to rev insteadi have twilight and i have dawn saved just so if ever rev get greatsword and ill make eternity for my rev.

Since we're going to Cantha...

Taoist Priest, using Scepter, utilities are Minions. You can think of so many amusing utilities just from reading its wiki page.

Inspiration: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jiangshi_fictionDerived from Chinese folklore, jiangshi fiction first appeared in the literature of the Qing Dynasty. The jiangshi is a corpse reanimated by a Taoist priest. The priest commands the jiangshi and directs it to a location for a proper burial. Jiangshi hop as they move and are able to absorb qi, the essence of the living.[1] The ties between jiangshi and vampires, and the English translation of jiangshi as "hopping vampire", may have been a marketing ploy manufactured by Hong Kong studios eager to enter Western markets.[2] Unlike vampires, jiangshi do not drink blood[3] or desire immortality.[4]

• 3 weeks later...

Savant: dps-focused (plus some condi) spec.

Lore: Oola and Zinn were master and apprentice turned bitter rivals in the world of golemancy. Now revenants can channel both of their legends and talents as Savants

Weapon: Scepter, focus, or dagger*

Armor: Gloves

Profession mechanic: Channels the legends of golemancers, Oola and Zinn, doing so causes a classic golem to appear that never strays too far from your current location. Grants unique profession skills, Zinn's Enhancements (f3) to boost golem's stats and your own, and Oola's Necrosis (f4) to allow you and your golem to siphon health and convert boons into conditions. Utility skills: Legendary Savant skills. Unique only to savants, these allow the player to command your golem to use special attacks like rocket punch, missile barrage, etc. Elite skill causes golem to self-destruct, knocking back opponents and releasing poisonous gas and rendering utility skills useless until re-summoned with healing skill, similar to Ventari's tablet.

*Would like to see a combination of two of these, even if it is unlikely that will happen.