Should they add a DPS meter? - [Merged]

@uberkingkong.8041 said:

@Noah Salazar.5430 said:Many players wuld stop doing raids/fractals/strikes with pugs, if thay block option to check dps of others or your

That also wuld result to need of nerf of some content as it will become too hard or ppl will come do that content only with guilds

Exactly why they need a DPS METER.

@Yggranya.5201 said:When i played FFXIV for four months straight as i had nothing better to do, there was like 50 in a thousand dungeon groups where people did their job properly. When i say "did their job properly" i mean they actually played the kitten game. I admit, i got REALLY tired of it. In fact, that experience is the sole reason i made these account on the forums of games i play, so i can let people know that what they do is truly despicable.

And what exactly means
doing their Job properly
and
actually playing
the game to you?If you mean using the optimal rotations and caring about min-maxing, or knowing every aspect of encounters before seeing them ingame, then those 5% might actually be too high of a number.But that also implies that you consider people, who have fun in their own way, aren't actually playing properly.

I have rare met any players in FF14 who weren't playing properly.But then again, playing properly means for me simply that they use more skills than their attack chains.

No, i mean that they use their basic rotation and actions you learn from doing the job guests. Like a dragoon who doesn't use blood of the dragon or a monk who doesn't use form shift or black mage who only uses ice magic and never activates enochian. Also not standing in every single AoE as they are too distracted to dodge. Can't enjoy the show when the game inconveniently gets in the way.

As in, you simply read the ability description and tested to see how it works in combat. That can't be too much to ask, right?

Every day i saw this and at the end of it i was so DONE with it. You don't have to believe me, that won't change facts. I said i have played all classes to max level to simply make sure you know that i know what i'm talking about. There isn't any doubt, it's just the usual MMO "coop" experiance.Notice, that (with the exception of infamous ice mages, which are a very extreme example, comparable to GW2 players in full nomads), the average FFXIV player, doing their own version of rotation (instead of the proper one) is still likely doing around
half
of the top benchmark DPS. By FFXIV standarts, they
are
doing their job. You just have too high expectations, and expect average players to play on the same level as top 5%.

Notice, though, that the very same people doing 50% of the top benchmark (which is enough for everything except the handful of higher mode instances), if they were playing gw2, they would be doing 10-20% of top dps. That is the difference between those games. The same skill level, but in one game it creates 5 times greater difference than in the other.

I don't care about doing top DPS, all i care about is that they do more than spam a single attack that is in the middle of a combo. It's true that not everyone was as lazy or more accurately, paid at least a little attention when they were watching those videos so they wouldn't be called out for it. Pointless to call them out, as their friend are there making sure they won't ever get kicked. If they have 2 friends with them, then i might get kicked for simply mentioning it. Most did the basic combo, while never activating abilities that are required to use the actually powerful oGCD abilities. I have never cared that there is an optimal way to play, all i ask is that you ACTUALLY PLAY THE kitten GAME.

Like i remember a dragoon who spams nothing but disembowel, nothing else. dragoons who never activate disembowel and of course, never use chaos thrust and never use any jumps, just spam the basic combo. Red mages who use verfire and then verstone, occasionally using corps-a-corps and instantly displacement after that. Before you say anything, yes, this was something that happened all day, every day, with some version for all jobs. Not everyone was as obvious about it as that, but they weren't much better.

To put it quite simply, i couldn't care less if you do the most or the least damage, as long as you are playing the game. Why is this too much to ask and so hard to understand?

Has nothing to do with being top dpsDPS METER has everything to do with......Are you doing enough to win?Whose slacking? Is there role dps? Time to give them tips, so that......You can do enough DPS to win.

Nothing to do with egos and being top dps.Everything to do with, beating DPS CHECK Guild Wars 2 Content.

Why do people get kicked for bad dps?Because people sick of wiping and not passing the DPS check content.

Need DPS METER so that, instead of everyone angry leaving, they see whose been slacking, give them tips to do better dps, and WIN.

That 1 DPS slacker, causes people to angry leave groups, people think everybody is bad, buts its just that 1 dude.
All you do is tell him we need you to pick up slack,
this boss aint gonna die
unless you do your share of dps so we can
meet the DPS CHECK content
, this rotation works, do it.

GW2 fractals, strikes, raids. full of DPS CHECK. DPS CHECK you need a DPS METER

All raids are the same and that is why threads like this keep popping up. As i already said, raids are raids, you should get used to the endless whining. Even in a pre-made group with similiar goals, i doubt you can avoid it as no one WANTS to be in the raid, they just want the rewards as fast and more importantly, easily as possible. That is why everyone uses exploits and such to just skip the fight in its entirety if possible. "Challenge", HAH!

Of course people like bringing up the "difficulty" but as we all know, that is nothing but a big fat joke. Unless remembering things is difficult for some people. You start learning the dance and get one shotted ten times in a row, "difficult". When you know the dance, you just do it until you get the reward and then nobody does them again. If someone doesn't know the dance, then mock them and kick them and try again for faster farming. If you say you do them because you think they are fun, i simply won't believe you. I have seen no proof that people enjoy them, only eternal stress and frothing rage. I doubt i will ever see anything to prove me wrong.

@"Leinhart.2981" said:IMO, it should be better for the community (the toxicity in raids I mean), to just forbid any DPS meter OR to add one that's allows the user to see only his own DPS in order to progress.

More like remove raids for good, so the people who "enjoy" them leave and the game becomes better for that fact. Since it's just a small handful of people, anet doesn't need to care either. Just better for the game. Of course it might be too late as they were already added and the raiders might not all leave, so would just be too little too late. The community is infected already with the "difficulty" obsession, i don't know if cauterizing it would help at this point.

• Haha 1

@Yggranya.5201 said:If you say you do them because you think they are fun, i simply won't believe you. I have seen no proof that people enjoy them, only eternal stress and frothing rage. I doubt i will ever see anything to prove me wrong.

Why do YOU play the content that you play? And please don't say because you find it fun because I won't believe you.

@RedCobra.7693 said:

Surviving =/= skill

common saying in mmo's better to die with your team than to survive without them. all dps makes things quicker and skips mechanics this has been in gw2 since the start. ive used arcdps and played high end pve for a while now and ive very rarely met anyone complaining about someone not have the top benchmark dps, people just want to know if a player on soulbeast (highest burst in game) is doing more damage than their banner warrior. if not then why should they get to leech a free reward for others hard work.

thats it, its rude to leech dont do it. everyone needs to participate.

This.

What all too many people lose track of is that the guy who survived because he built for defense instead of damage is the reason that others died.

People have different preferences about interface improvements and arguing about arcdps will take us nowhere.What the game needs is a proper way to support and manage addons just like WoW has. After that it would be easy to add your prefered interface or utilty addon to the game without imposing your taste on other people.

@maddoctor.2738 said:

@"Yggranya.5201" said:If you say you do them because you think they are fun, i simply won't believe you. I have seen no proof that people enjoy them, only eternal stress and frothing rage. I doubt i will ever see anything to prove me wrong.

Why do YOU play the content that you play? And please don't say because you find it fun because I won't believe you.

What do you know about me? All you might know comes from these forums. Big surprise, so do my expectations of raiders, except it comes from ALL forums i have ever visited, because it's all the same in every single one of them.

All i have seen is raiders going crazy about "difficulty" and how casuals ruin everything. What else am i supposed to get from all that?

To answer your guestion, i play MMOs when i have nothing else to do. To simply waste time as i wait for something more intresting.

I used to play this game for fun. Now it has become all about reward.Shame on me.
@Yellow Rainbow.6142

Ther are 2 types of pplthat who play for funthat who play to be best

both ppl have diferent game style,

first group don't want dps metter cuz thay play for fun not to imrpovesecound one need dps metter so thay can improve to be best, and to see how well thay do compare to others

@kharmin.7683 said:

@"Krzysztof.5973" said:No. I don't want another poorly created tool in place of something that already is well made and it's free.I can't imagine ANet would implement a tool like this and monetize it without the community crying P2W. However, it's not like I haven't been wrong before.Before they introduced their own version of "template" system, i wouldn't have believed they would be able to both butcher and monetize it as much as they did either. And notice, how the system not meeting with a warm reception did absolutely nothing to improve its quality.

I wouldn't define the template system as being P2W. Some might deem a monetized DPS meter to be. That was kinda my point. It could also be wrong.

How would a dps meter be p2w?(I don't think they should add it because I don't see a reason for that, but in the end I actually don't even care if they add it or not. Just asking because I'm curious about the meter being somehow "p2w")

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

@"Krzysztof.5973" said:No. I don't want another poorly created tool in place of something that already is well made and it's free.I can't imagine ANet would implement a tool like this and monetize it without the community crying P2W. However, it's not like I haven't been wrong before.Before they introduced their own version of "template" system, i wouldn't have believed they would be able to both butcher and monetize it as much as they did either. And notice, how the system not meeting with a warm reception did absolutely nothing to improve its quality.

I wouldn't define the template system as being P2W. Some might deem a monetized DPS meter to be. That was kinda my point. It could also be wrong.

How would a dps meter be p2w?(I don't think they should add it because I don't see a reason for that, but in the end I actually don't even care if they add it or not. Just asking because I'm curious about the meter being somehow "p2w")

Hypothetically, in order to be actively included in end-game content, players would have to buy the DPS meter. That's what I meant.

@kharmin.7683 said:

Hypothetically, in order to be actively included in end-game content, players would have to buy the DPS meter. That's what I meant.

Buy the DPS METER?Name me a popular game where the DPS meter has to be bought to be used.

Do you have to buy tab targeting. Do you have to buy squad chat, do you have to buy using enlarged map?Shouldn't worry about having to buy a DPS meter.

@uberkingkong.8041 said:

Buy the DPS METER?
Name me a popular game where the DPS meter has to be bought to be used.

Do you have to buy tab targeting. Do you have to buy squad chat, do you have to buy using enlarged map?Shouldn't worry about having to buy a DPS meter.

You missed his point entirely. If Anet adds a DPS meter, the expectation will be increased by raiders that people will use it. That's not something we should promote, since it's not a necessary feature to be successful raiding. Furthermore, it's not a crazy idea that Anet would do something to make this a purchased feature in the game.

Anyways, I don't see the harm in a DPS meter if people want to self monitor, but I don't see the need for it either. If you are playing the meta builds ... someone has already characterized that DPS output for you. It's not like people are going to discover something they didn't already know.

@uberkingkong.8041 said:Buy the DPS METER?Do you have to buy tab targeting. Do you have to buy squad chat, do you have to buy using enlarged map?Unlike the other functions you mentioned, a DPS Meter is not part of the core gameplay functionality.

It's no more than a Quality of Life tool, just like the loadout system.And we all know which QoL addition got monetized to hell and back.A DPS meter wouldn't happen much better.

@uberkingkong.8041 said:Buy the DPS METER?Name me a popular game where the DPS meter has to be bought to be used.

Do you have to buy tab targeting. Do you have to buy squad chat, do you have to buy using enlarged map?Shouldn't worry about having to buy a DPS meter.I thought the same about build template system before they introduced it, and yet we both know how it ended - badly implemented and overmonetized. I wouldn't expect dps meter to fare any better.

@Noah Salazar.5430 said:

I used to play this game for fun. Now it has become all about reward.Shame on me.
@Yellow Rainbow.6142

first group don't want dps metter cuz thay play for fun not to imrpovesecound one need dps metter so thay can improve to be best, and to see how well thay do compare to others

You do realise those that play to be the best also play to have fun?

@Yggranya.5201 said:

@Noah Salazar.5430 said:Many players wuld stop doing raids/fractals/strikes with pugs, if thay block option to check dps of others or your

That also wuld result to need of nerf of some content as it will become too hard or ppl will come do that content only with guilds

Exactly why they need a DPS METER.

@Yggranya.5201 said:When i played FFXIV for four months straight as i had nothing better to do, there was like 50 in a thousand dungeon groups where people did their job properly. When i say "did their job properly" i mean they actually played the kitten game. I admit, i got REALLY tired of it. In fact, that experience is the sole reason i made these account on the forums of games i play, so i can let people know that what they do is truly despicable.

And what exactly means
doing their Job properly
and
actually playing
the game to you?If you mean using the optimal rotations and caring about min-maxing, or knowing every aspect of encounters before seeing them ingame, then those 5% might actually be too high of a number.But that also implies that you consider people, who have fun in their own way, aren't actually playing properly.

I have rare met any players in FF14 who weren't playing properly.But then again, playing properly means for me simply that they use more skills than their attack chains.

No, i mean that they use their basic rotation and actions you learn from doing the job guests. Like a dragoon who doesn't use blood of the dragon or a monk who doesn't use form shift or black mage who only uses ice magic and never activates enochian. Also not standing in every single AoE as they are too distracted to dodge. Can't enjoy the show when the game inconveniently gets in the way.

As in, you simply read the ability description and tested to see how it works in combat. That can't be too much to ask, right?

Every day i saw this and at the end of it i was so DONE with it. You don't have to believe me, that won't change facts. I said i have played all classes to max level to simply make sure you know that i know what i'm talking about. There isn't any doubt, it's just the usual MMO "coop" experiance.Notice, that (with the exception of infamous ice mages, which are a very extreme example, comparable to GW2 players in full nomads), the average FFXIV player, doing their own version of rotation (instead of the proper one) is still likely doing around
half
of the top benchmark DPS. By FFXIV standarts, they
are
doing their job. You just have too high expectations, and expect average players to play on the same level as top 5%.

Notice, though, that the very same people doing 50% of the top benchmark (which is enough for everything except the handful of higher mode instances), if they were playing gw2, they would be doing 10-20% of top dps. That is the difference between those games. The same skill level, but in one game it creates 5 times greater difference than in the other.

I don't care about doing top DPS, all i care about is that they do more than spam a single attack that is in the middle of a combo. It's true that not everyone was as lazy or more accurately, paid at least a little attention when they were watching those videos so they wouldn't be called out for it. Pointless to call them out, as their friend are there making sure they won't ever get kicked. If they have 2 friends with them, then i might get kicked for simply mentioning it. Most did the basic combo, while never activating abilities that are required to use the actually powerful oGCD abilities. I have never cared that there is an optimal way to play, all i ask is that you ACTUALLY PLAY THE kitten GAME.

Like i remember a dragoon who spams nothing but disembowel, nothing else. dragoons who never activate disembowel and of course, never use chaos thrust and never use any jumps, just spam the basic combo. Red mages who use verfire and then verstone, occasionally using corps-a-corps and instantly displacement after that. Before you say anything, yes, this was something that happened all day, every day, with some version for all jobs. Not everyone was as obvious about it as that, but they weren't much better.

To put it quite simply, i couldn't care less if you do the most or the least damage, as long as you are playing the game. Why is this too much to ask and so hard to understand?

Has nothing to do with being top dpsDPS METER has everything to do with......Are you doing enough to win?Whose slacking? Is there role dps? Time to give them tips, so that......You can do enough DPS to win.

Nothing to do with egos and being top dps.Everything to do with, beating DPS CHECK Guild Wars 2 Content.

Why do people get kicked for bad dps?Because people sick of wiping and not passing the DPS check content.

Need DPS METER so that, instead of everyone angry leaving, they see whose been slacking, give them tips to do better dps, and WIN.

That 1 DPS slacker, causes people to angry leave groups, people think everybody is bad, buts its just that 1 dude.
All you do is tell him we need you to pick up slack,
this boss aint gonna die
unless you do your share of dps so we can
meet the DPS CHECK content
, this rotation works, do it.

GW2 fractals, strikes, raids. full of DPS CHECK. DPS CHECK you need a DPS METER

All raids are the same and that is why threads like this keep popping up. As i already said, raids are raids, you should get used to the endless whining. Even in a pre-made group with similiar goals, i doubt you can avoid it as no one WANTS to be in the raid, they just want the rewards as fast and more importantly, easily as possible. That is why everyone uses exploits and such to just skip the fight in its entirety if possible. "Challenge", HAH!

Of course people like bringing up the "difficulty" but as we all know, that is nothing but a big fat joke. Unless remembering things is difficult for some people. You start learning the dance and get one shotted ten times in a row, "difficult". When you know the dance, you just do it until you get the reward and then nobody does them again. If someone doesn't know the dance, then mock them and kick them and try again for faster farming. If you say you do them because you think they are fun, i simply won't believe you. I have seen no proof that people enjoy them, only eternal stress and frothing rage. I doubt i will ever see anything to prove me wrong.

So you're basically saying I won't change my opinion no matter what, and as such everyone who says something contrary must be lying. That seems like a healthy way to engage in discussions.

@uberkingkong.8041 said:

Buy the DPS METER?

Ease up there chief. Did you not see my previous post? I was warning that if Anet implemented their own DPS meter that it might be monetized in which case some might consider it to be P2W.

@kharmin.7683 said:

Buy the DPS METER?

Ease up there chief. Did you not see my previous post? I was warning that if Anet implemented their own DPS meter that it might be monetized in which case some might consider it to be P2W.

@uberkingkong.8041 said:Buy the DPS METER?

Do you have to buy tab targeting. Do you have to buy squad chat, do you have to buy using enlarged map?Shouldn't worry about having to buy a DPS meter.I thought the same about build template system before they introduced it, and yet we both know how it ended - badly implemented and overmonetized. I wouldn't expect dps meter to fare any better.

You do realise those that play to be the best also play to have fun?

@uberkingkong.8041 said:Buy the DPS METER?Do you have to buy tab targeting. Do you have to buy squad chat, do you have to buy using enlarged map?Unlike the other functions you mentioned, a DPS Meter is not part of the core gameplay functionality.

It's no more than a Quality of Life tool, just like the loadout system.And we all know which QoL addition got monetized to hell and back.A DPS meter wouldn't happen much better.

Buy the DPS METER?

You missed his point entirely. If Anet adds a DPS meter, the expectation will be increased by raiders that people will use it. That's not something we should promote, since it's not a necessary feature to be successful raiding. Furthermore, it's not a crazy idea that Anet would do something to make this a purchased feature in the game.

Anyways, I don't see the harm in a DPS meter if people want to self monitor, but I don't see the need for it either. If you are playing the meta builds ... someone has already characterized that DPS output for you. It's not like people are going to discover something they didn't already know.
  1. Raiders already have high expectations. You need to I. Have KP II. If your DPS you need to contribute your share. People look at DPS after they fail, and they adjust BASED ON DPS. Whisper "your dps is a little too low, we gonna have to drop you". It already happens because ANET made raids DPS CHECK. With DPS CHECK content you need DPS METERS. Yes we have arc, but not everyone has it downloaded, some people think they may get banned for using it, "no official statement". Thus you need an IN GAME DPS METER.
  2. DPS METER is an average, simple. Calculate AVERAGE of dps. NO GAME has monetized DPS METER. NO GAME.
  3. Builds template to DPS METER? You really comparing this to DPS METER? Having a mini map, a big map, being able to TAB TARGET is more close to DPS METER than build templates.
    • Build template requires moving around gear, putting gear in inventory, making a button to do so, and so forth. Having a DPS meter, its just text, shows up average of combat, DONE. No gear involved, no storing inventory, no moving parts, no UI changes. Simple look at combat log, oh there is DPS.
    • You want 5 different templates? well serves them right they charge you, it takes up a lotta memory, took them a lotta time to do too, a lot of things changed.
    • Problem with people these days, they see data and categorize. "DPS check that is under QoL, QoL they charge people", how about thinking of it practically, do I need 5 templates of DPS check? Will it significantly change UI? Where will it go? ..... Oh its just text. Just because its a QoL like maps, tab targeting, etc, its simple you not going to be charged on simple stuff. Build templates thats not so simple stuff. Build templates would fall under Macro, you basically press a button and it does several changes you'd do manually in one shot. Build Templates = Macro. AND ITS CUSTOMIZED per player DPS check, thats just average, its not changing a dang thing. AND its universal

You guys overthinking way too hard. Way too much negative thinking going on here.btw, DPS METER helps players get good, yall assume, I'm bad, I'm staying bad, nothing can help me so no DPS METER.

Oh yeah I forgot to respond to "what about play for fun"This is raids, fractals, and strikes we talking about, its end game content.Usually raids, sometimes fractals and strikes, involves wiping.And wiping occurs when people don't do there share.When wiping fun, turns into hostile "player c aint trying, healer does more dps, kick him the heck outta here, hes a loser"

You want to solve fun, its not DPS METER, its the DPS CHECK content you should be being vocal in.We don't even have an IN GAME DPS METER, and yall still getting heat from raids.

This is what will make you better, which when you are better, you have fun. PeriodWith build templates you taking up their memory, because its customized to you.Tab targeting, big and mini map, etc., AND DPS CHECK, its universal, everyone has same text with average, everyone tab targets the same way, everyone has map the same way. They don't have to make new objects that take up memory which costs them money, like you see with build templates...Build templates, if everyone had 5 of them for free, its customizable, not unviseral unlike DPS CHECK. So that means 5 TIMES the amount of players.... Yeah thats a lot of memory to keep. Serves them right to charge you...Bank space, Amount of characters you have.... It's all memory they customized to specific account, just like Build Templates. Serves them right to charge you.DPS CHECK, universal, doesn't take up a butt load of memory, they aint gonna charge you, aint no game charges for DPS CHECK. When people check DPS, for EVERYONE it just calculates average, its not doing a special formula per account and giving you 5 templates of it, something like that, I can see them charging you because you want them to do something crazy and thats going to create a lot of objects which take up a lotta memory.DPS check, all it does it average, it doesn't do pie r squared, cubic formulas, etc. Same formula for everybody, thats why its universal.Tab targeting, same method for everybody, thats why its universal.Build templates, you have this trait I use these traits 234u789324879032 other people got different traits, and they want it times 5? Build templates =7534832457 x 5 is a lotta memory. Serves them right to charge all yall...One style map for everybody...One style tab targeting for everybody...One style DPS CHECK for everybody.Thats free stuff....Build templates, 5 choices of customized per 3478392478392 players per 43576843578439 characters they haveThat's costly, you pay for that. Be thankful they gave you a few for free. I can't imagine 10 x 45734897534 x 345376824923

..As for fun, it aint DPS METER fault, you get good by using it, you have fun when your good enough to do hard content.

If you suck, and you doing hard content, of course you not going to have fun, of course you going to get kicked.How you going to get better? Aint no dps check for you. You just want fun, theres nothing to track you and let you know you get better.You probably not even using arcdps.

Not to be rude, but its hard facts that... You stay sucking without DPS METER and your goal is just fun.Maybe if you decide to be serious, sure you probably don't need DPS METER.

But DPS METER helps a ton.It's like you want to LIFT more. You don't have weights. Sure you could lift to certain point doing body workouts.But without weights aka DPS Meter, you aint gonna get 500 squats you need for big boy competition aka raids aka weight lifting shows.

Sure body workouts are great, but to lift more, you need some kind of weight. Course you can get really strong and fit without weights, but we talking about you going to have to lift heavy stuff. You going to need some weights, whether it be tree trunks, barbell dumbell. You aint gonna get to 500 squats just doing squats without weights.

Thats what DPS meter does, to make people better faster. You track yourself, just like lifting weights, you track how much you lifting by seeing "oh this is 200lbs, now its 235 lbs"

Kind of thinking I'm getting here is. People will make fun of me if I goto the gym.Bro, people don't care about you, they at gym to focus on themselves. Goto the dang gym, start lifting hi numbers.

People help you get better in gym, people help you get better if they see your DPS."bro do 2, just spam it all the time, forget the rest, you'll be more effective then. those other skills are garbage just flashy"Get the DPS meter, start doing hi dps.You'll have fun.

• Sad 1

@uberkingkong.8041 said:DPS CHECK, universal, doesn't take up a butt load of memory, they aint gonna charge you, aint no game charges for DPS CHECK.I agree that should ANet implement their own DPS system that they don't NEED to charge for it. My point is that they COULD charge for it if they wanted the additional income from it. No one should be surprised if that were to happen.

• Confused 1

@kharmin.7683 said:

@uberkingkong.8041 said:DPS CHECK, universal, doesn't take up a butt load of memory, they aint gonna charge you, aint no game charges for DPS CHECK.I agree that should ANet implement their own DPS system that they don't NEED to charge for it. My point is that they COULD charge for it if they wanted the additional income from it. No one should be surprised if that were to happen.

Just like court man,Has this happened with other people? Nope.Verdict not happen.

In video games,Has this happened in video games? Nope.Not happening.

Oh sure, there is .000001 chance that this will be the first time it happens outta 32478324 cases.Oh sure, in video games, this could be the first game where you gotta pay for an ingame DPS check outta 4357438573 games.

Why you making it sound so bad. Think about positives for once.

..New game releases, doesn't have tab targetting they thinking about doing it.THEY COULD charge us for implementing this everyone, just remember that.347382478239 games, never had tab targeting a very very useful thing people would probably pay for, none of the games charge people for it.Think of Old School Runescape, you gotta CLICK on people, if they implemented tab targeting, they could make a few bucks from it.Very much so COULD HAPPEN that they charge people.

OSRS COULD HAPPEN that they implement wsad movement, and CHARGE people for it.Games back in days, pretty annoying to play, people would pay for wsad movement.Is it happening that they charge people for it though???

DPS Meter is in that category, NOT the category of build templates.Its 1 thing universal, just like WSAD movement, tab targeting etc.Its not customized 5 templates per 234782342 characters per 3245738294 accounts.Thats why bank you gotta pay, its customized, thats why build templates you gotta pay, thats why characters you gotta pay. Customized customized. No two people will have same account, character inventory, etc. As in, if you added something new, oops they not same anymore.DPS check, all it does is average.Its never going to do pie r squared for one person and other formulas for 43738294 people, it says 1 thing, average 1 x 23478234. not much compared to 5 x 34573894223 x 3748247932

• Sad 1

@uberkingkong.8041 said:

Just like court man,Has this happened with other people? Nope.Verdict not happen.

In video games,Has this happened in video games? Nope.Not happening.

Oh sure, there is .000001 chance that this will be the first time it happens outta 32478324 cases.Oh sure, in video games, this could be the first game where you gotta pay for a DPS check outta 4357438573 games.

Why you making it sound so bad. Think about positives for once.

Whatever. I'm just warning to be careful what one wishes for. The template system ended up being monetized and not what players envisioned or wanted. There is precedent, at least in GW2.

@Carcharoth Lucian.1378 said:@uberkingkong.8041

You should think the other way around : If Anet can't monetize dps meter, why would they care to develop it?

I think half full, I think people have good intentions.

Anet did give you PoF LS, several new fractals, new pvp maps, a random LS.Before anybody yaps, LS you pay if you was not there to get it for free. Aint samething, they reward players who stick around.DPS meter has nothing to do with people sticking around.

It gets people to enjoy there game more, stick around more because raids are now like fractals to them now. Playerbase.

Why would you not put in good things that keep playerbase to stick around more than usual. Thats how this game is surviving.

..It does a lot of good things, you guys just get too much sometimes.But DPS check, you gotta be silly to think it WILL be monetized.We shouldn't even be talking about it being monetized.

Just because they monetized build templates, its not same as DPS CHECK. Just because they monetize LS if you wasn't here, its not same as DPS CHECK.WSAD movement, tab targeting, the inventory UI, the mini map, map, THATS SIMILAR TO DPS CHECK.Its nothing but a GET request and 1 function, average.

They charge you to have option to remove hats?Nope.

Sure they could charge people to remove hats but they didn't.You remove hats same as everyone else removes hats. You get your DPS CHECK same as everyone else gets dps check.

Could have charged you for the new pvp maps and fractals but they didn't.

Yall just need think about them not charging you. Cuz they wont charge you.It does not require mass memory which costs money like build template does.