Gems as drops?

It would also be awesome if they kept sending me $50 directly to my bank account every time I log in, so... fri moneyz when?

(gems are already "earnable ingame" in relatively small quantities by completing achievements -> 400 gems every 5k ap. Other than that you can get gems from playing the game by exchanging gold to gems)

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 15
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Sobx.1758 said:

It would also be awesome if they kept sending me $50 directly to my bank account every time I log in, so... fri moneyz when?

(gems are already "earnable ingame" in relatively small quantities by completing achievements -> 400 gems every 5k ap)

Yes but not as drops which I feel would be a nice gesture by Anet

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

(gems are already "earnable ingame" in relatively small quantities by completing achievements -> 400 gems every 5k ap. Other than that you can get gems from playing the game by exchanging gold to gems)

or via gold ...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

or via gold ...

Yes, that is what my post says 😛 But I probably edited it in between you entering the thread and clicking "quote", so you didn't see it, but still quoted the already edited version of the post.

5 minutes ago, DaVid Darksoul.4985 said:

Sell drops for gold, exchange gold for gems?

• Confused 1

They currently do give us gems through the achievement system meta. 400 gems here and there. I wouldn't mind another system doing the same. It probably shouldn't be a random drop, though. The achievement system is easier for them to control distribution. RNG would need some kind of cooldown safeguard on top some new ultra rare drop tier. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

We already get gems as drop with ultra rare black lion keys from mobs.

Over 8 years I had 5 drop 🤑

Oh yeah! I forgot about those. If gems could drop, it would be that level of drop chance. You'd just forget about them.

• Like 1

On 5/12/2021 at 5:36 PM, DaVid Darksoul.4985 said:

It would be awesome if anet would include a gem drop along the same frequency as ascended drops. Maybe a hundred gem chest?

They already drop gems. And give you some every day just for logging in and doing 3 easy dailies. ISN'T THAT GREAT?! Gold is still valuable today since you can convert gold into gems!

11 hours ago, Drakz.7051 said:

Then they'd make even less money from their CS xD

I disagree with this if they dropped bags of gems on the precursor droptable along with black lion keys. 50 gems or so would make people want to spend more money just to get enough gems for an item they are close to buying. But I don't think it's a good idea as they already have a way to earn gems in-game. XD

6 minutes ago, Kyon Sama.8301 said:

They already drop gems. And give you some every day just for logging in and doing 3 easy dailies. ISN'T THAT GREAT?! Gold is still valuable today since you can convert gold into gems!

I disagree with this if they dropped bags of gems on the precursor droptable along with black lion keys. 50 gems or so would make people want to spend more money just to get enough gems for an item they are close to buying. But I don't think it's a good idea as they already have a way to earn gems in-game. XD

50 gems is 15 gold. Surely you can get 15g worth of drops in a reasonble amount of time? So I dont really think thats needed either.

Edited by Dawdler.8521
  • Like 4

Haha! And I could imagine how that would end up.  Look at the BLC, once it contained good stuff, now, a pile of junk.  I opened 10 BLC and got the same 4 bits of throw away junk.  They have even gone as low as only giving you part of a dye.  Then you have the one BL crest that you need a bunch of to get anything worth your time.  The other two items are just more garbage that I destroy.   Honestly, you get better stuff knocking off a few bandits in the starting area's.

And they charge for keys to these boxes of junk.

So, your gem's drop would be something like a gem scrap were you needed 10,000 to make one gem.

Edited by Joote.4081

6 hours ago, Joote.4081 said:

Haha! And I could imagine how that would end up.  Look at the BLC, once it contained good stuff, now, a pile of junk.  I opened 10 BLC and got the same 4 bits of throw away junk.  They have even gone as low as only giving you part of a dye.  Then you have the one BL crest that you need a bunch of to get anything worth your time.  The other two items are just more garbage that I destroy.   Honestly, you get better stuff knocking off a few bandits in the starting area's.

And they charge for keys to these boxes of junk.

This has never been different.

The whole point of BLCs is that they're a gamble that isn't worth it 99% of the time.

6 hours ago, Maikimaik.1974 said:

This has never been different.

The whole point of BLCs is that they're a gamble that isn't worth it 99% of the time.

I have to correct you there.  The BLC was in the past of much better quality.  You were basically guaranteed one good item, but usually most of the items were useful.  

Atm it's false advertising. Black Lion chest should be called Black Lion rubbish bin.

Edited by Joote.4081
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Joote.4081 said:

I have to correct you there.  The BLC was in the past of much better quality.  You were basically guaranteed one good item, but usually most of the items were useful.  

Atm it's false advertising. Black Lion chest should be called Black Lion rubbish bin.

Please bring up 1 good item that continualy droped for everyone every black lion chest that was useful bud.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Please bring up 1 good item that continualy droped for everyone every black lion chest that was useful bud.

There was more than one.  In the early days of the game I can never remember ever being disappointed with the contents of a BLC.  It was quite exciting to open one actually.  NOW, not worth the key press.

Edited by Joote.4081

On 5/12/2021 at 11:46 PM, DaVid Darksoul.4985 said:

It would be a nice gesture if we just got everything in the game for free when creating a F2P account. But why stop there, have ANet send me 50$ every time when I log ion and also have someone come over to my place every now and the to do my laundry. Would be highly appreciated.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Joote.4081 said:

There was more than one.  In the early days of the game I can never remember ever being disappointed with the contents of a BLC.  It was quite exciting to open one actually.  NOW, not worth the key press.

I vividly remember buying 25 keys in 2013 and only getting a single rare drop, everything else was trash.

• Like 1

I think ArenaNet is being generous enough by adding gems on achievement chests and allowing us to convert gold to gems

The company is doing great on revenue and I wish them good luck with the coming expansion, there is room for a lot of improvements of course but I will leave this to them to sort out.

Edit: As a side note they are giving away all LWS2-4 for free which costed me a lot of real life money to unlock.

Edited by Touchme.1097
More informations added
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1