Remove Binding Roots from WvW please.

7 hours ago, Dralor.3701 said:

What’s with all the nerf ranger threads?

Many awful players are given the chance of playing without actually learning the basic principles of combat like dodging, timing and strategy. The all play necromancer, renegade, guardian ,not much thought required really as 3/4 of the job is done by the build and as a result those players acquire a false of sense of accomplishment, they truly believe to be above any possible challenge and as a consequence even a minor thing like jumping an obstacle will be considered OP. Half the nerf threads in wvw are made by necromancer.. the other half by guardian.....ofc an overstatement but pretty close to the truth 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 2

18 hours ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

Many awful players are given the chance of playing without actually learning the basic principles of combat like dodging, timing and strategy. The all play necromancer, renegade, guardian ,not much thought required really as 3/4 of the job is done by the build and as a result those players acquire a false of sense of accomplishment, they truly believe to be above any possible challenge and as a consequence even a minor thing like jumping an obstacle will be considered OP. Half the nerf threads in wvw are made by necromancer.. the other half by guardian.....ofc an overstatement but pretty close to the truth 

You have won the credibility as an award which is described by Diku as the following: Credibility requires critical insight & time.

• Like 2

On 6/18/2021 at 2:33 AM, Arheundel.6451 said:

It's responses and mindsets like this that are so bad for the games growth and player retention.   Sure, it's the players fault the class has the ability to CC people for 10+ seconds with a single broken trait.   It's the players fault binding roots can't be targeted or damaged most of the time making counter play hit or miss.  It's the players fault that they don't remove this single condition, which is re-applied every 10 seconds then they get rooted permanently.  No other class has a single skill that can CC someone for 10+ seconds but this one, this one is fine.  The (insert class i hate here) players are just bad, infinite immob from a single uniquely broken mechanic is totally fine cause I like druids and (insert class i hate here) players are just newbs . 

"The broken ability isn't broken if you just never get hit by it"  Is a really really bad argument.

-

Edited by Sonork.2916
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

This really is a L2P issue that nubs can't handle.

This skill is powerful only in ganking situations where you are just stopping someone from running away.

This does pretty much nothing in zerg fights if you are comped. Doesn't do much in 1v1's either except to necro and if you are 1v1ing on necro against any ranger you are pretty much dumb anyway. 

You need to run cleanses and survivability if you are solo roaming. Otherwise, you need to be smarter and have spatial awareness enough to avoid the fights that would get you caught by a druid. 

I never have trouble with this skill. Seems to be something unique to your experiences and I would suggest an alteration to your playstyle. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, sauceboss.3254 said:

This really is a L2P issue that nubs can't handle.

It's sadly just a cheesy and low effort build filter imho. Most condi variants running this can't be easily punished. On builds with enough access to cleans and anti movement impairing I can just ignore them/force them off/kill them if they actually commit. But on builds that can't handle the rootspam you have to avoid them. It's not that there is any complex skill cap in fighting this. It's the very definition of cheese.

• Like 4

@sauceboss.3254 ur wrong. everyone can get caught by this crap, and it's kinda unfair because u cannot just cleanse it away usually due to the physical tendril bind, plus the pulse. some edgelords even bring that stuff in blobs - with a mesmer strip and stealth entangle u can easily pin snipe (comm snipe, lead snipe, tag snipe) ... people are abusing this to disturb zerg or blobfights

surely, it's more of a meme, like all the kittenous pulls and phantomrange pew pew stuff. also i think the vine crap is some fast cast, right? some skills would need to be reworked based around their casting and animation times.

like, better reveal and indicators for all  - or lesser indicators and faster cast time for everything. but idk how much cry we'd get when hammer herald got immediatecast hammer4+5, right?

but eh, if we start argumenting with 1v1 situation in Wvw again, idk.  that's just not what the main setting is built for. anet should just copypaste the spvp smallscale changes that dont affect largescale builds, then this would be a lot more chill. rangers and thieves in spvp are so big time easier to explode 😛

• Like 1

The immob itself is already a problem with a 10s CD which is much shorter than any other cleanses in game. But additionaly you have to deal with the other 16 different cover conditions so you end up entangled sooner rather than later if you want to survive. And thanks to trailblazzers and Dire sets the casters are extremely tanky, so it's not like you can try to one shot them. 

As i said, the binding roots themselves are not a issue, Entagle Elite is fine. The issue is the trait Ancient Seeds which needs to be deleted from the game. 

Edited by anduriell.6280
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, Sonork.2916 said:

It's the players fault binding roots can't be targeted or damaged most of the time making counter play hit or miss.  

Kinda, every weapons auto attack can hit binding roots if you don't have a target. But its anets fault you don't know that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zikory.6871 said:

Kinda, every weapons auto attack can hit binding roots if you don't have a target. But its anets fault you don't know that. 

Not if the roots spawn under the ground, which they do more than half the time, but i guess it's your fault you don't know that.

12 minutes ago, Sonork.2916 said:

Not if the roots spawn under the ground, which they do more than half the time, but i guess it's your fault you don't know that.

It's responses and mindsets like this that are so bad for the games growth and player retention..

Ok a bit facetious...I don't follow the logic of nerf a skill because it has a bug that makes it hard to play against. Fix the bug...

Edited by Zikory.6871
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Anyways no one is talking about how fast (insert ranger build here) can kill you.  Don't care.  The only thing I'm saying is, the ability to potentially root someone forever off a single trait using a uniquely broken skill (binding roots) is terrible game design and should be adjusted.  People arguing against it seem to think a class having a single ability that can almost infinitely CC someone is fine, which I disagree with.

Sorry for the snarky comment above @Zikory.6871  

Edited by Sonork.2916
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Sonork.2916 said:

Anyways no one is talking about how fast (insert ranger build here) can kill you.  Don't care.  The only thing I'm saying is, the ability to potentially root someone forever off a single trait using a uniquely broken skill (binding roots) is terrible game design and should be adjusted.  People arguing against it seem to think a class having a single ability that can almost infinitely CC someone is fine, which I disagree with.

And the potential to perma stealth or perma blind exists too.  It's all terrible game design, welcome to GW2! 

• Like 2

Hard Counter to Ancient Seeds:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Stability

Ancient Seeds defined:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ancient_Seeds

Requires target to be stunned, dazed, knocked down, or launched

Immobilize = 1 second

Duration = 5 seconds - You can walk out of roots if you time your movement

Cool Down = 10 seconds

If you're getting stunned, dazed, knocked down, or launched every 10 seconds...then you have other things to worry about.

Thieves & Engineers are able use a skill called Stealth infinitely...but I'm sure there are limits....or you have to work at using that skill where it looks likes it's infinite...there's many other skills that can be used by other professions too...imho

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Stealth

Good players make skills look OP...imho

Try using the skill yourself & see how far you get at being OP.

I always go back to the same train of thought.

If (insert profession mechanic) is so broken (good & powerful)...players should dig right in & use it to their advantage.

Credibility requires critical insight & time.

p.s.

I agree...Credibility is based on Truth, but sometimes it's not approved by those hearing it.

Edited by Diku.2546
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, anduriell.6280 said:

The immob itself is already a problem with a 10s CD which is much shorter than any other cleanses in game. But additionaly you have to deal with the other 16 different cover conditions so you end up entangled sooner rather than later if you want to survive. And thanks to trailblazzers and Dire sets the casters are extremely tanky, so it's not like you can try to one shot them. 

As i said, the binding roots themselves are not a issue, Entagle Elite is fine. The issue is the trait Ancient Seeds which needs to be deleted from the game. 

^ This

Druid needs some buffs and a big rework. Right now in WvW/PvP the only thing that keeps it afloat is Ancient Seeds. 

It can be relatively easy to deal with with the right build, so it's not that the trait has no counterplayit just rewards being spammy.
Granted, this isn't an issue unique to Druid, but it is certainly one of the most significant in terms of how easily it can turn a fight just by mashing CC's.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sonork.2916 said:

I'm not against changing Entangle or Binding roots, don't really care either way. I'm generally just not for nerfing because its hard, when experience and practice is realistic. Both of these skill haven't really been changed since 2014, that's a long time for a uniquely broken skill to exist if it was generally believed to be such. It's strong, just not strong enough to carry a bad player so for most veterans its it comes down to a learn to play issue like they had to. 

Don't worry about it, snarky comments are half the fun on these forums. 

19 hours ago, Zikory.6871 said:

I'm not against changing Entangle or Binding roots, don't really care either way. I'm generally just not for nerfing because its hard, when experience and practice is realistic. Both of these skill haven't really been changed since 2014, that's a long time for a uniquely broken skill to exist if it was generally believed to be such. It's strong, just not strong enough to carry a bad player so for most veterans its it comes down to a learn to play issue like they had to. 

Don't worry about it, snarky comments are half the fun on these forums. 

Just buff other druid GM traits to make them worth running, ancient seeds is very mediocre considering the rest of druids kit sucks, it’s the only thing keeping it somewhat not terrible.

4 minutes ago, bigo.9037 said:

Just buff other druid GM traits to make them worth running, ancient seeds is very mediocre considering the rest of druids kit sucks, it’s the only thing keeping it somewhat not terrible.

How does buffing other options fix broken Ancient Seed? You want replace broken with something more broken?
Druid is support and should only be support, not some pepe walking unkillable bot...