Twisted Marionette Update

1 minute ago, Fire Attunement.9835 said:

Successful event completion rates continue to tick upward with each passing day and are nearly double what they were a week ago. The number of players participating in public encounters also increased every single day over the past week.

One naturally has nothing to do with the other. 😛

• Like 1
  • Haha 8
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 2

Thanks for the update - it's nice to have communication like this.

I really enjoyed the marionette fight, especially the regulator elements - was a nice throwback to the days of GW2 when people had to be more self-sufficient with their builds/setups.

Great ideas re starting the event only after there's a degree of readiness (or at least sufficient numbers) amongst the players doing the event.

• Like 17

Just ran 3 runs with a ~~~mildly organized LFG group. Commander really did try their best. We got to the end but 2-3 either AFKing or being in the wrong lanes ruined it for everyone. 50 man version is much less forgiving for people who did not give the event full attention.

• Like 1

I immensely enjoyed the difficulty of the private Marionette instance. The coordination and player skill required in the 50 man set-up made the encounter more challenging than any raid boss in the game and much more satisfying when you got the kill. Thank you for bringing it back, it was a great fight back in the day! I hope we'll get to see more instanced fights that require more skilled play in the future too ^_^

• Like 4

Loving the increased level of communication with the community lately and responding to feedback so quickly.

I'm also liking the jab at the fact that success rates have increased substantially after launch. This is an obvious indicator that "too hard" group content is actually a good level to target. Challenging players will make them get better, and then we can all have more interesting encounters.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I had a lot of fun with the Marionette mission last week. I missed the original event during LW S1 because I was doing newbie thing back then like doing hearts, figuring out what all the weapons do and trying to kill the shadow behemoth. Last week I went full in and got all the achievements I originally missed. A nice chance to catch up a bit as achievement hunter.

Edited by TheQuickFox.3826
  • Like 3

This is fantastic news, I absolutely love this encounter and have had a fantastic week with public :) I'm so glad to hear it'll be returning soon! 😃 I'm glad changes are being made to the squad countdown timer too, It's much needed and will make organising it a lot less annoying for those commanding it! Thank you for the updates!

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, Jajo.1428 said:

If public groups have been smashing it, why take it out of rotation?

They're doing revisions to have it start with a minimum player count. That should help with the empty platforms occurring.

"we’re going to make some changes to the encounter so we can bring it back into public rotation permanently."

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I feel that the rewards could use a little touch-up as well. I am not sure if it's worth all the effort for a daily 2 gold, a bunch of sprockets and the usual handful of unidentified gear. Achievements might be a motivation to some, but once they are done, there is not too much to gain here, unless you are in for the sprockets to craft the Tempered Spinal Blades Backpacks, although you can't really do that without a proper way to earn the different Assault Knight Power Cores (Battle for Lion's Arch soon™?).

Just a thought. I would hate for it to come back into the game after years, only to become content no one does because it's not rewarding enough.

Other than that, thanks for the great communication as of late!

Edited by AysonCurrax.3254
forgot to be grateful
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I agree, rewards should be included, because the achievements won't keep it alive. For a new player they are not easy to obtain but eventually people will get them and the instance will die out, this will not happen if good and interesting rewards are added. Also thanks for bringing public back, private is way too hard for players with regular gear.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Jajo.1428 said:

If public groups have been smashing it, why take it out of rotation?

All of the metas/raids/Big Events require a certain population density in order to be realistically viable.  Only a few are reliable for the casual player (i.e., "person with a job and family and real-life responsibilities") because the coinciding windows of 'being able to get online' and 'enough people around to run it' are smaller.  Taking it out and reworking it will help make it more viable for everyone, and not just those with Huge Guilds or Huge Time Allotments.

Heck, it wouldn't be that hard to tweak it as a solo/storyline chapter either, honestly, if they ever decide to rework and bring back Scarlet's War as actual repeatable storyline campaign -- which would be great for those of us that missed the live run of it the first time around.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

The biggest issue some people experienced was that in some instances when a lane would go through the teleporter to fight the mini-boss, some players wouldn't be sorted onto the platforms evenly. We would end up with platforms that have 1 or 0 players on them, causing our lane to fail that would have otherwise succeeded.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1