EOD NO VIP PASS

15 hours ago, decease.3215 said:

I kinda want a new one.. there are way too many people in mistlock.. My gpu cry every times i enter

IMO, the biggest problem there is that Mistlock is the only one that offers the port BACK to the map you ported there from.  If you added that to all the VIP Lounges, the load would spread much more evenly.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cronospere.8143 said:

Do people still use that? Eye of the north has the same stuff right?

Eye of the North only has it if you build it up in game. It doesn't come with it by default.  But yes you can get most of the stuff in Eye of the North. Not a mystic forge though.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cronospere.8143 said:

Do people still use that? Eye of the north has the same stuff right?

no. Lily gives access to the pof maps. EoN you have to upgrade it and be level 80 to access it. So for people new to the game getting that VIP is really enticing when VIPs sell for 1000 diamonds on gemstore vs getting one for free when you buy deluxe. Not the same thing at all.

Edited by KiIIitch.2360

Just now, Vayne.8563 said:

Eye of the North only has it if you build it up in game. It doesn't come with it by default.  But yes you can get most of the stuff in Eye of the North. Not a mystic forge though.

Oh yeah i have the conduit so i never use it. 

I can understand why people use it. 

Mainly if the cantha map will be a different map from Tyria (QoL extra click). You would like there to be a similar place over there. 

I just wondered because i havent touched the lily pass for a loooonng time. 

I was disappointed in no VIP pass to the new area. I use the Lily a lot. By using it I could take all my alts to PoF without going through the first story section, when you have a lot of alts that can be a nice feature. I also had it in a shared inventory slot and used it frequently as a fast port to the Crystal Desert when I wanted to play there. Maybe a personal guild hall will turn out to be a substitute or a merchant will sell a port but I still think ANet could have added one to the expansion package. 

Edited by Just a flesh wound.3589
  • Like 4

I didn't think about it until I saw this topic, but that's a good point. I hope there will be some way (besides scrolling across the map and finding waypoints) to quickly get to Cantha. I don't need another lounge pass because I've got 2 already (Lily of the Elon and Armistice Bastion) but a quick way to get down to Cantha would be nice. At first I assume at least one of my guilds will be using the new guild hall, but there's no guarantee that will continue (right now they're both using Lost Precipice).

2 hours ago, Endilbiach.4132 said:

IMO, the biggest problem there is that Mistlock is the only one that offers the port BACK to the map you ported there from.  If you added that to all the VIP Lounges, the load would spread much more evenly.

The Armistice Bastion does the same thing, and I assume Champion's Rest does too since it's in the PvP lobby (which is like a lounge anyone can access). Both of them are often quite busy as well, but I don't know how it compares to Mistlock because I haven't been there in years.

Apparently it's possible because they're in separate maps. The game can remember where you were in the main world while you're in an instance or something, but when you go to another open-world map that overwrites it, so there's no way to send you back.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Danikat.8537 said:

IApparently it's possible because they're in separate maps. The game can remember where you were in the main world while you're in an instance or something, but when you go to another open-world map that overwrites it, so there's no way to send you back.

*tents fingers*

Poopsnacks, I think you're right.  That would be a ridiculous amount of coding they'd hafta shoehorn in, and gods know what could go wrong.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

just curious... do ppl generally mention their characters as alts? or alternate accounts as alts? I couldve asked it in map chat or guildies.. but idk forums might give me the right info

I use it for other characters. I have 18 total, 3 mains and 15 alts.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Dante.1763 said:

I use it for other characters. I have 18 total, 3 mains and 15 alts.

so basically u wont gear other 15 characters? let alone play them in meta, raid, fracs, multirole and stuff? i as k this coz u mentioned 3 MAINS....

I never find it fun to leave other characters idle... I always switch between my 9 characters each unique class atleast 2 builds(templates).. though my elementalist and thief are mostly idle these past 2 months or so  other characters atleast show up in meta atleast once a week

Edited by Crystal Paladin.3871
  • Confused 2

Lily of the Elon is a terrible vip area. Things should not be spread out over two floors.  But I can see why its popular if its the only one people have due to being free with pof. 

Queen's pavilion is so incredibly better and compact. Everything is laid out in a very well planned manner that makes it easy to find what you want.

Yes, I get the oppinion about the mistlock sanctuary, but I think its poor as well. Because of the + shape, and that the area is cluttered, it can take some moments to find what you want. Especially since tp and bank is not at the center.  I only use it as a shortcut to fractals, nothing else.

Eye of the North..  I do not have words for it. its a HUGE area wheres its all too easy to lose sight of what you are looking for. And it didnt even have mounts allowed until it was patched in.

17 minutes ago, LucianDK.8615 said:

Yes, I get the oppinion about the mistlock sanctuary, but I think its poor as well. Because of the + shape, and that the area is cluttered, it can take some moments to find what you want. Especially since tp and bank is not at the center.  I only use it as a shortcut to fractals, nothing else.

mistlock sanctuary is spacious and also crafting stations and banks are easily accessible even though they are separated by space.. since u have the "hypernova launch" u can access whatever u want in 1 sec or less... mistlock sanctuary is unique and cool with invisible jumpy trampoline and nice soothing music

Edited by Crystal Paladin.3871
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Endilbiach.4132 said:

*tents fingers*

Poopsnacks, I think you're right.  That would be a ridiculous amount of coding they'd hafta shoehorn in, and gods know what could go wrong.

I can't remember if Anet said it would be difficult to reprogram that code or if they just didn't comment on it, but I'm not sure and can't find the original quote. But I know the acknowledged the problem and explained that it's because the game records your position in open world maps differently to separate ones, so I assume it's not something they felt they could fix at the time, or they would have done it.

1 hour ago, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

just curious... do ppl generally mention their characters as alts? or alternate accounts as alts? I couldve asked it in map chat or guildies.. but idk forums might give me the right info

I often use 'alts' as a quick way to refer to my newer/lower level permanent characters and longer-lasting temporary characters because I know it's a term which is familiar to a lot of people and is close enough that it's usually not worth explaining further. Also to recognise that about 1/2 my play time is on my ranger, so she's definitely my main character.

But in practice the big distinction between my GW2 characters is permanent characters I will keep forever, aim to do all the story and map completion on and will use in things like dungeons, raids and WvW (not all of them all the time though) and therefore will go out of my way to get equipment and skins for and temporary characters. They can last anywhere from a few hours to several years (3.5 years is I think the record so far) but they exist for a specific purpose and will be deleted when it's done, so I don't make an effort to get stuff for them, they use whatever I have on hand or can easily get. (I also have a 'hierarchy' for my permanent characters that determines who gets priority for things like ascended/legendary equipment, bigger bags and other rare or expensive items.)

In other games though I do have 'true' alts: permanent characters created for specific purposes. In Elder Scrolls Online for example I have 3 'main' characters who will do everything, then there's a dedicated crafter, a tank for dungeons who is also my festival character because she's not following the story so I don't mind dropping what she's doing for something random, an 'evil' character who exists only to do things which go against my other characters personalities (like thief and assassin achievements) and a few others.

Another way I've seen alts used is by people who make a character that looks and as much as possible acts like them (either as they really are or as they'd like to be). That character is their representation of themselves in Tyria, and then any others they create are alternate characters who are not them, even if they're the one controlling them. It doesn't mean they don't gear them up or use them for level 80 content, it just means it's not 'their character' in the same way, it's an alternate character instead.

Edited by Danikat.8537
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

so basically u wont gear other 15 characters? let alone play them in meta, raid, fracs, multirole and stuff? i as k this coz u mentioned 3 MAINS....

I never find it fun to leave other characters idle... I always switch between my 9 characters each unique class atleast 2 builds(templates).. though my elementalist and thief are mostly idle these past 2 months or so  other characters atleast show up in meta atleast once a week

Ehhh maybe.

My mains are

Ele, Thief, Ranger. Ele has 2 full sets of ascended (thought i had 3but i found out last night that wasnt the case, so thatll get fixed) My thief has 1. My Ranger has 3. All have multiple weapon sets.

Out of the 15 alts

My gaurdian has a full set of ascended along with 2 weapon sets <- used to be played alot more.

Of my 2 mesmers one gets used quite a bit for crafting. The other is slowly getting gear.

Of my 3 necros one is a crafting character, the other 2 are holding names.

My 2 warriors, 1 engineer and 1 Revenant never get used.

And then ive got a norn and an asura i made just for the story achievements, bought to make a human too, and they too will sit unused. Once they are done with the story.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

I have 18 level 80s that I play and every week I choose a different one to play. This means I don’t have a main character. Since I don’t have a main I think of them as my army of alts. 😋