EOD NO VIP PASS

6 minutes ago, Sylvyn.4750 said:

No VIP pass for you!  Anet giving you build templates instead because of how they implemented weapons in the legendary armory, so now you need more templates to not lose your stats when swapping legendary weapons within the same build...😉

Are they giving us build templates? Last I heard we had to buy those (besides the two we get as default, but that's not a new thing since the armoury came out).

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

Are they giving us build templates? Last I heard we had to buy those (besides the two we get as default, but that's not a new thing since the armoury came out).

They are in the Preparation Pack, not the expansion bundles.  Still, I think they will be marketing those heavily now that there is a new elite spec for each class. 

The VIP lounges in the expansion territories are useful, because both HoT and PoF lack barely offer the regular services (bank + TP) and skipped the entire crafting stations completely. In addition the one in PoF was great to move other characters quickly to the new maps, without playing the story. For the later, we can use guildhalls alternatively.

Looking back at core tyria, we had several maps with crafting stations and convenience lounges built right into the area, like the Desider Atum or the City of Ebonhawke.

If they really skip the convenience lounge for EoD, they might head back to the old system = make cities with a real purpose to players. We also still do not know how we are going to reach Cantha. Maybe they grant as an easy passage, similar to the SW - VB transition. Then we would not need a VIP lounge for character movement. 

At the moment we do not know. But I would appreciate a good city or two for a change.

5 hours ago, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

just curious... do ppl generally mention their characters as alts? or alternate accounts as alts? I couldve asked it in map chat or guildies.. but idk forums might give me the right info

My main account has 46 characters, all geared and traited accordingly. Do I play them all? No. But once upon a time I would log them in every day for whatever reward they are parked at. Do I have a main? More of a "main of the day/month/whatever" for me. I'm currently enjoying the current flavor of staff mirage. We'll see if Anet nerfs it.

Then I have additional accounts, mostly core-only, that get the scraps from the main account but mostly serve to funnel gold and materials into the main. One character gets the attention on each, so they have the most mapped for dailies, etc. Those are what I consider my  "Alts." But the term can apply to both "extra" toons on an account or extra accounts.

6 hours ago, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

just curious... do ppl generally mention their characters as alts? or alternate accounts as alts? I couldve asked it in map chat or guildies.. but idk forums might give me the right info

When I talk about alt characters that's generally just "alts". When I have to log on alt accounts I will refer to them specifically as "alt accounts".

I have 71 characters on my main account, with one "main" of each profession (more than just the main are geared - when I say "main" it refers to the specific character of that profession I prefer playing), and 10 accounts.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Miss Lana.5276 said:

When I talk about alt characters that's generally just "alts". When I have to log on alt accounts I will refer to them specifically as "alt accounts".

I have 71 characters on my main account, with one "main" of each profession (more than just the main are geared - when I say "main" it refers to the specific character of that profession I prefer playing), and 10 accounts.

wow! it seems most of gw2 players have more than atleast 2 accounts... I find 9 professions for a single account somewhat a handful to deal with..

and I think I got the answers I needed from this thread... ty..

and sry if this in anyway derailed the topic in question / post title...

Edited by Crystal Paladin.3871
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I can't remember if Anet said it would be difficult to reprogram that code or if they just didn't comment on it, but I'm not sure and can't find the original quote. But I know the acknowledged the problem and explained that it's because the game records your position in open world maps differently to separate ones, so I assume it's not something they felt they could fix at the time, or they would have done it.

I mean, simplest possible conceptual solution is they'd have to create a piece of code that acts like a cross-instance Prototype Position Rewinder.  I don't think they have any code in existence yet that quite does that, and I don't know what would happen if you tried to make that existing piece of code function cross-instance.

11 hours ago, Endilbiach.4132 said:

IMO, the biggest problem there is that Mistlock is the only one that offers the port BACK to the map you ported there from.  If you added that to all the VIP Lounges, the load would spread much more evenly.

True thats the reason i get it.. Beside fractal entrance

11 hours ago, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

If over crowding is your issue, u can use lava lounge pass... Not even a single fly goes there. 

Thank you ill be sure to check it out

15 hours ago, Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

I was disappointed in no VIP pass to the new area. I use the Lily a lot. By using it I could take all my alts to PoF without going through the first story section, when you have a lot of alts that can be a nice feature. I also had it in a shared inventory slot and used it frequently as a fast port to the Crystal Desert when I wanted to play there. Maybe a personal guild hall will turn out to be a substitute or a merchant will sell a port but I still think ANet could have added one to the expansion package. 

You're mentioning of an alternative to the VIP pass has me thinking that they might introduce an in-game method of fast travel accessible to everyone, not just the ones who bought a deluxe edition.  That'd be neat.

But yeah, I used Lily a lot and was hoping for a similar pass for Cantha.  We'll see how it plays out though.

16 hours ago, Endilbiach.4132 said:

IMO, the biggest problem there is that Mistlock is the only one that offers the port BACK to the map you ported there from.  If you added that to all the VIP Lounges, the load would spread much more evenly.

Bastion does that too...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bristingr.5034 said:

Bastion does that too...

Welp, that's news to me, but also not that surprising as all of wvw and pvp already do that to begin with.  However Lava Lounge, the Airship, the Pavillion in DR, it doesn't come with any of the ones in open world Tyria.

10 hours ago, HnRkLnXqZ.1870 said:

The VIP lounges in the expansion territories are useful, because both HoT and PoF lack barely offer the regular services (bank + TP) and skipped the entire crafting stations completely. In addition the one in PoF was great to move other characters quickly to the new maps, without playing the story. For the later, we can use guildhalls alternatively.

Looking back at core tyria, we had several maps with crafting stations and convenience lounges built right into the area, like the Desider Atum or the City of Ebonhawke.

If they really skip the convenience lounge for EoD, they might head back to the old system = make cities with a real purpose to players. We also still do not know how we are going to reach Cantha. Maybe they grant as an easy passage, similar to the SW - VB transition. Then we would not need a VIP lounge for character movement. 

At the moment we do not know. But I would appreciate a good city or two for a change.

The Airship in the trailer is a pretty big hint how we will get to cantha, we already used a similar one to get to path of fire expansion.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Cronospere.8143 said:

Do people still use that? Eye of the north has the same stuff right?

Eye of the North isn't a port directly to Amnoon. All the stuff in the Eye is way too far spread out. I use the Lily regularly even though I have Mistlock, because I farm quartz and orichalcum there often.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

Eye of the North isn't a port directly to Amnoon. All the stuff in the Eye is way too far spread out. I use the Lily regularly even though I have Mistlock, because I farm quartz and orichalcum there often.

EOTN still needs a Mystic Forge too.

• Like 2

My guess is when EoD goes live they will have a pass in the gem store and probably some other cool skiff skin or something like that.  With the Ultimate many buy for Deluxe goodies and the half off 4k gems, Anet will want to get all those gems spent as fast as possible.   The sooner those gems are spent the sooner people buy more.   That makes sense of course, it is business.  Of course by February many will have already spent them.   🙂

I was very disappointed in the Lily pass.  Things are too spread out to be convenient.   I stick with the Royal Terrace pass for fast loading times and crafting, bank etc.  Then Mistlock pass for quick access to Fractals, daily activity when it is up, and if I want to hit up my bank then return to my previous map.

Edited by JustTrogdor.7892

On 7/30/2021 at 12:37 AM, decease.3215 said:

I hope they add one later.. Really like the new theme..

I do too.  I'm not in a guild likely to unlock a guild hall... well, ever, but certainly not soon, so I love the lounges.  And, frankly, the collector in me would love to see one for EoD as well.  I don't mind buying it separately, but I do hope they offer one at release.  Be cool to see it released a little early with a big beta weekend, maybe, just as a teaser.

I was expecting an EoD-themed lounge pass to be part of a deluxe bundle. When the bundles were announced and we saw that there was no lounge pass in one of them, I was surprised. I would have purchased one of the higher bundles if they had included a new lounge pass. (I've collected all the lounge passes and like using them all.)

• Like 1

On 7/29/2021 at 2:14 AM, Danikat.8537 said:

I didn't think about it until I saw this topic, but that's a good point. I hope there will be some way (besides scrolling across the map and finding waypoints) to quickly get to Cantha. I don't need another lounge pass because I've got 2 already (Lily of the Elon and Armistice Bastion) but a quick way to get down to Cantha would be nice. At first I assume at least one of my guilds will be using the new guild hall, but there's no guarantee that will continue (right now they're both using Lost Precipice).

The Armistice Bastion does the same thing, and I assume Champion's Rest does too since it's in the PvP lobby (which is like a lounge anyone can access). Both of them are often quite busy as well, but I don't know how it compares to Mistlock because I haven't been there in years.

Apparently it's possible because they're in separate maps. The game can remember where you were in the main world while you're in an instance or something, but when you go to another open-world map that overwrites it, so there's no way to send you back.

Armistice Bastion does have the return feature, but the problem is you can't waypoint at all to pve unlike Mistlock. To be fair Mistlock waypointing also sucks because of the layer thing. So AB is only better than Mistlock if you're mostly  wvw but if that were the case the return feature isn't very useful.  I guess AB is a bit better for crafting but I really hate how the BLTP is placed there. You have to q ---> 1 when in Mistlock you can just fly over there.

In addition, the WvW maps from AB are pretty useless because you can't see the tier level of the objectives nor can you wp directly from there. You can view team chat, but that's usually terrible anyways and I ignore it even in WvW.

The best thing in AB is probably the golem and also all your builds/stats show the wvw version. I guess there's also a place to fight for those that are into that.

I have both because I mostly WvW and almost never do open world. But if I have to do pve, I usually transfer back to Mistlock for a bit.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480

Why would you use the special skills to get to the TP in Armistice Bastion? It's just a few steps directly in front of where you appear when you use the pass. That's one on the things I like about it, all the major services and crafting stations are grouped together in that main room. I don't tend to use the teleport skills unless I've gotten myself lost in the outside area and want to quickly get back somewhere familiar.

But it's good that different passes have different layouts because otherwise they'd be pretty redundant. This way there's more of a chance of everyone finding one they really like. I know a lot of people really like Mistlock but it never appealed to me enough to buy the pass, then I got a 2-week pass for Armistice Bastion from somewhere and was mildly annoyed because I knew I was going to end up buying the permanent one.

Edited by Danikat.8537
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

Why would you use the special skills to get to the TP in Armistice Bastion? It's just a few steps directly in front of where you appear when you use the pass. That's one on the things I like about it, all the major services and crafting stations are grouped together in that main room. I don't tend to use the teleport skills unless I've gotten myself lost in the outside area and want to quickly get back somewhere familiar.

But it's good that different passes have different layouts because otherwise they'd be pretty redundant. This way there's more of a chance of everyone finding one they really like. I know a lot of people really like Mistlock but it never appealed to me enough to buy the pass, then I got a 2-week pass for Armistice Bastion from somewhere and was mildly annoyed because I knew I was going to end up buying the permanent one.

If you're crafting, you have to go back up the stairs if you don't teleport. In mistlock, you can just jump over there from the crafting stations.

And right now, here's a good example. Someone put down their own trader because the one up there is inconvenient:

https://i.imgur.com/i5fh2KM.jpg

Edited by ArchonWing.9480