Legendary armor is... Locked for some people.

Hey all. Just wanted to hear what other people think about locking the Perfected Envoy armor behind raids. (my opinion, best looking armor) 

I have the problem that i am a assassin/Berserker Soulbeast, so no one wants me in their raids. They tell me to switch to druid and get healer runes. 

It makes me sad that i am forced to change everything i have worked for, to get a armor set... 

Am i the only one that feels like this or does any1 else? Fell free to tell me. Cause if i am not alone, Anet might change if enough of us speaks up :)

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 8
  • Confused 17
  • Sad 2

So. The thing is. This topic has been discussed to death, and at this point its up to anet to do something with the feedback. Theyve abandoned further development of raids due their population being not worth the cost of said support as is. Will they change how the armor is aquired? Probably not. Your best bet is to hope they implement a pve armor that has no raid requirement, which im in the crowd of hoping they do even though i do raids. Stupid wing 3. 😕

Further:

My condi and power soulbeasts have been the class i use the most in raids. Druid i just got, i unno what im doing with it at all. But power and condi soulbeasts are certainly still used. They cant do massive damage, but their damage is consistent if the player knows what they are doing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

5 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Pretty sure they want you to go druid because it's easier to find DPS then a healer. 

Not because SB does low DPS.

I agree.

I've played both druid and soulbeast in raids and I can find groups that will accept a soulbeast, but then you're one of many damage specs which are largely interchangable, whereas most groups reserve spots specifically for druids because they need the healing and other support and druids are one of the best specs for that.

My advice is to talk to your raid group about it. A lot of players tend to assume that anyone doing raids has both elite specs unlocked and can switch between them easily, but if you explain that you don't have the right equipment to play a druid and aren't familiar with using it so you'd actually be more use as a soulbeast they should be able to sort something out.

• Like 2

It has been discussed to death. The tougher content with better rewards requires some team work. Meaning that sometimes you have to do things for the team instead for yourself. Its no different if you are queuing for PvP with a team or want to play WvW with a guild or a zerg etc. In a team effort sometimes you have to adjust. Every player gets "locked out" of stuff because they do not care about a game mode ot a playstyle. Its fine. You cannot flatten rewards like that so that all can get everything with every activity. You kill the game.

That being said DPS power soulbeast is still used and its pretty fine provided you play it well enough. Probaly in LFG group they ask you to get a healer as it is easier to get DPS as others said.

Edited by Turin.6921
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Maiku Larzon.7150 said:

I have the problem that i am a assassin/Berserker Soulbeast, so no one wants me in their raids. They tell me to switch to druid and get healer runes. 

You could build your own raid group, then maybe no one forces you to play something you don’t like. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, Maiku Larzon.7150 said:

Hey all. Just wanted to hear what other people think about locking the Perfected Envoy armor behind raids. (my opinion, best looking armor) 

It makes me sad that i am forced to change everything i have worked for, to get a armor set... 

Am i the only one that feels like this or does any1 else? Fell free to tell me. Cause if i am not alone, Anet might change if enough of us speaks up 🙂

As others have said, if certain groups need a healer then clearly they don’t want a dps, which is a plentiful role. Also as a power soulbeast you can just run full berserkers. Look up a build guide on SC or meta battle or such and practice a rotation on that. Join one of the raid training discords like Raid Academy and you will be fine. Or just make your own groups in LFG.

TL;DR if you want legendary armor, be it WvW, sPvP (well you need gold so its unlikely you 100% everything in sPvP) or PvE a full ascended set of optmized gear for specific builds (raiding, roaming, open world, zerging, take your pick) is pretty much a prerequisite. Because it takes months and months to get it. Running around in the "wrong" gear waiting for your legendary is pointless.

Edited by Dawdler.8521
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Maiku Larzon.7150 said:

Am i the only one that feels like this or does any1 else? Fell free to tell me. Cause if i am not alone, Anet might change if enough of us speaks up 🙂

Playing soulbeast as dps is not a problem, nobody's "locked" out of anything.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

everybody will tell you about metas and other things, I assume you know it already. That guy probably already have a balanced group, so can't blame him. I can blame him however if he's fully against having soulbeasts.

if you like to have it your way, one friendly advice, play the game, meet like-minded people, maybe build your own guild and run your own raids. you only need people, sounds like too much effort but in long term it'll be rewarding. 

Needless to say, you should have a good group balance, and group setups are not really class dependant. excluding Anet blessed exclusive vip diamond plantinum classes that has access to alacrity.

Edited by artharon.9276
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

Soulbeast (power and condi versions) are typically welcome in raids aside from speed running groups. Though it depends on what boss you are fighting as there are specific roles that need met and only so many DPS slots available. Soulbeast is on the lower side of dps meta so people will tend to swap that out first to something specific for the boss encounter.

Also there are some bosses that people won't bring certain classes to at all. Its good to have a few different classes and builds geared up if you are going to do raiding, especially a long term goal like armor. Simply being "I am power soulbeast and that's it" won't get you the armor in pugs, may be able to find a guild that will carry it though.

We found the person who thinks medium perfected envoy is good looking armor!

• Haha 12

12 minutes ago, LuRkEr.9462 said:

We found the person who thinks medium perfected envoy is good looking armor!

I was about to write that xD

I have quite few legendaries (no flex here, other people have way more) but it is only thing (or things in case of armor) that i transmuted right away.  Why do medium classes get such awkward skins (especially for hard obtainable armor) across many games is beyond me.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Maiku Larzon.7150 said:

There are a number of uses for Soulbeasts in raids... it sounds like you're maybe trying to join pug raids where a ranger main might be asked more often to re-spec to druid than other times.. try joining a Raid Training guild on NA / EU and sign up for raids there to get into them.

And you have to be willing to work for more pieces of gear to at least handle different Soulbeast builds. The other 9 players of your comp have worked for it too.

4 hours ago, Maiku Larzon.7150 said:

You can get legendary gear from WvW and sPVP.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

TL;DR if you want legendary armor, be it WvW, sPvP (well you need gold so its unlikely you 100% everything in sPvP) or PvE a full ascended set of optmized gear for specific builds (raiding, roaming, open world, zerging, take your pick) is pretty much a prerequisite. Because it takes months and months to get it. Running around in the "wrong" gear waiting for your legendary is pointless.

For raiding exotic is fine. Grab ascended weapons and trinkets.

• Like 3

Just now, sorudo.9054 said:

they will never do that, they only care about meta's and raids/strikes.

us normal casuals are useless to them, we pay their bills with gem purchases but we will never get what we want.

you know 95% of the content of the game is casual focused right ?

Edited by WindBlade.8749
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Well you don't need assassin's pieces if you're running the meta DPS soulbeast...
https://snowcrows.com/builds/ranger/soulbeast/power-soulbeast
https://lucky-noobs.com/builds/power-soulbeast

It's likely your DPS isn't spectacular and the group wasn't getting spotter/frost spirit or might generation from somewhere else. If you have a heal tempest or are running dual heal firebrand (which is generally overkill over a druid + CQB except for a few places especially if it's a power fight) then power soulbeast is fine.

If raiding doesn't pan out for you , can always get the WVW/PVP legendary armor. Just be aware if you do go for PvE armor afterwards you get nothing out of it, not even a skin.

• Confused 2

12 minutes ago, sorudo.9054 said:

oh please, enlighten me, how do i get anything good with this so called 95%?

euh, almost of all content released and if we take about legendary ? all 36 legendary weapons are for casual to.

On the 7 legendary trinkets (counting the new amulet). 6 are casual if you don't mind pvp/wvw (it's just doing pvp / wvw in any way you want, you can litteraly afk during the match and still get them or just capture camp).

And 2/3 of the armor sets are for casuals to ..

that make 36 legendary weapons, 6 trinkets, 2 armors sets for casuals vs 1 ring and 1 set for "hardcore" playesr (anyone can raids with any build or playstyle except if they don't like the content).

And that only legendaries, litteraly the only rewards that are usful where there some of them that is locked behind hard content.

Litteraly all the others good reward of the game can be get from casuals things.

Edited by WindBlade.8749
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 5

14 minutes ago, sorudo.9054 said:

oh please, enlighten me, how do i get anything good with this so called 95%?

Name ONE legendary weapon which is not accessible by casual play?

You whining because it takes long?

Duh.... its a LEGENDARY weapon... not a "i did my dailys 5 times... now i want legendary gear" ...

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

41 minutes ago, Peanutz.3129 said:

Name ONE legendary weapon which is not accessible by casual play?

You whining because it takes long?

Duh.... its a LEGENDARY weapon... not a "i did my dailys 5 times... now i want legendary gear" ...

If we're taking casual play to an extreme, I guess the gen 2 ones because you can't just buy those off the TP?

But for the topic, I am hopeful they add unique skins for the WvW/PvP ones.  Think the reason they haven't is probably staffing restrictions as the perfect envoy stuff was literally made as a reward to promote raiding; the other two were nice addons for those of us that aren't heavy PvE people.  

• Like 2
  • Confused 2