Single player raids / dungeons / fractals / strike missions

Xenn.1602

Can we please get some of this Anet?

Here are some key reasons why there are plenty of people like me that would like to have rewarding solo pve content as mentioned in the title;

A; We like to experiment with builds and try it out at hard challanging bosses that are actually rewarding to within a reasonable time frame (like 25% longer than a team raids for example) (comparing it to doing current dungeons / fractals solo which isn't rewarding at all because it takes a lot of time). Also we would like to have the option of unlocking mastry / legendary gear without group raids (as a specific part of the rewards)

B; I like the social aspect of an MMo, but, often hard content isn't very social and gets toxic; and having a team of friends on stand by isn't going to work for a lot of us, and thus i'm not looking to do something after work when i'm already a bit tired, that gives me stress because i have to meet the team expectations. Also often when it's not toxic it's just hi and bye and didn't feel social at all, just an efficient farm, which is the last thing i'm looking for.

C; I like to do it in my own time; I have a family, I can't go on voice chat and isolate myself from my kids and wife, I can't be occupied for an hour straigt without the freedom to go afk for 10 min to help my kids with something or whatever, or simply break it off entirely if I have to.

I just want to do it on my own, figure out how to do it on my own, in my own pase in my own time and with my build that I like, not the one that is meta, so what if my build happens to be 15% less dps, I just want to have FUN.

I like many aspecst of the social online community, that's why I don't ever play any offline games, but just being online with them with chat and do wvw together is enough for me. I don't like to do things together when performance is required. I hope one day you will recognize the group of people like me and will add some of this content. 

And before I get this comment; no open world champs are fun but too simple and ez when you become experienced; HOT / POF hero points are also ez and the hard ones I have already done many many times; legendaries are fun (but also simple mechanics) and you need to find them when they spawn and they have a timer, so not all leggies can be solo'd in the time limit with many of my builds. Same for bounties, some you can solo, but takes often long and therefore boring and not rewarding, and many cannot be solo'd within the time limit or they just start healing a lot at 50% or something. And actually I would like to do all of them solo, the timer makes no sence to me. Like, if it takes you longer than 10 min so what? If it takes you 10 min or more it's already not much rewarding I'd say that the skill and good build makes you kill it faster is more rewarding both in accomplishment and in loot, so the 10 min despawn adds no value at all.

cheers~~

• Like 18
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

Why do you play a mass multiplayer game if you want single player experience? There are a ton of single player games out there to fill that need. mmorpgs are for people to band together to take down foes. Its called camaraderie, not to mention developing fractals and raids around 1 person is a ridiculous waste of development time in an mmo. Your issue is the so called toxic nature of raid pugging and CM pugs, I can tell by the post.  Make friends join a guild that does raids, its not as hard to do as you think.

Bosses have timers and thresholds thats what makes them bosses, you have to beat the dps check and the cc check and w/e other check or they wipe you. Thats why there are optimal builds. If you remove that then they are no different than mobs out in the world. Just a target dummy, not very fun or engaging. 

Edited by Zuldari.3940
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 6

You can argue that it's an MMO so 'no single player' things ... but that argument carries little weight. Anet's direction should be delivering content that has good ROI. Strict rules about 'being an MMO' aren't the primary consideration there. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Linken.6345 said:

like 90% of what they is soloable content so no we dont need more of it.

That doesn't make sense ... there isn't some magic number that determines when to stop adding soloable content. What I said ALSO stands for arbitrary handwaving arguments about 'we got this much so we don't need more'. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 6

29 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

That doesn't make sense ... there isn't some magic number that determines when to stop adding soloable content. What I said ALSO stands for arbitrary handwaving arguments about 'we got this much so we don't need more'. 

I diden say stop making content, they will obviously make more content and the ratio will problabey still be those 90% to soloable openworld, drms, story collections etc.

Why cant fractals/dungeons, strikes and raids be about groups and squads mate?

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

13 hours ago, Xenn.1602 said:

A; We like to experiment with builds and try it out at hard challanging bosses that are actually rewarding to within a reasonable time frame (like 25% longer than a team raids for example) (comparing it to doing current dungeons / fractals solo which isn't rewarding at all because it takes a lot of time). Also we would like to have the option of unlocking mastry / legendary gear without group raids (as a specific part of the rewards)

Using Buildcraft to substantiate this request is intellectually dishonest.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, artcreator.4859 said:

please no single player stuff, its an mmo.

Yet there is so little challenge on gw2 that we never really play with others ... we play alongside them without even needing to talk to them or help each other in 90% of the content, it's almost the same...

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, Vilin.8056 said:

We already have something like  that during the festivals, during Queen's Gauntlet.

I'm not sure it has been very popular due to its difficulty.

Queen's gauntlet single player challenges are not popular because the rewards have been completely removed from that mode after the first year. There's simply no point in repeating those after you've got your achieves (unless it is for daily, but then you simply pick the easiest one).

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

well they added bot in pvp (many are official from anet, change my mind) and they are adding a crew to EOD so it is something they are working on. 

and you know what ? i'm good with it. 

i am actually happy with it.

we had hencmen in guildwars so why not here ? we could equip them with armor we would craft by ourselves and recruit them in dungeon and open world maps each with his own story.

and a level related to how much we use them.

it's an mmo but not everyone plays it the same way

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

I like that story and map exploration can be done solo. (I'm mostly a solo casual player.)

But, I definitely do not want raids, strikes, etc. that do not NEED other players.  As others said, this is an MMO. Playing with others needs to be incentivized in some way in order to make it a social game.

I think GW2 has more than enough content for the solo player (which I am happy about), including challenging content, but team only content is fine how it is (some may argue there needs to be more).

Edit: The only solo version of current group content I could see happening is making the core Tyria story mode dungeons more soloable (as they are part of the solo personal story).

Edited by firedragon.8953
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

Seems like a lot of the group events/metas are dead most of the time unless the rewards are still popular/relevant. I wouldn’t mind more solo or small group events especially when tied to an achievement or collection. No more begging for help, having to wait until prime time or just giving up on finishing what you started.  

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Queen's gauntlet single player challenges are not popular because the rewards have been completely removed from that mode after the first year. There's simply no point in repeating those after you've got your achieves (unless it is for daily, but then you simply pick the easiest one).

That is hardly the cause, the majority of players no longer have a 2014 account when it's re-introduced.

And it wasn't very popular during its first introduction either, due to its sheer difficulty and non-revivability.

I remember selling Liadri kill was hyped to 100g plus the inherent risk of sharing buyer's account.

Again, single player based high tier PvE arena is hardly a new concept, it's obvious enough why Anet never intended to include it in the main game..

Edited by Vilin.8056
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

24 minutes ago, Vilin.8056 said:

That is hardly the cause, the majority of players no longer have a 2014 account when it's re-introduced.

Er... what? I don't even know what you tried to say there, but it doesn't seem to be in any way relevant to the stated fact of the queen's gauntlet not having any rewards now.

And it wasn't very popular during its first introduction either, due to its sheer difficulty and non-revivability.

You probably don't remember such little stuff as the "deadeye farming" then?

Sure, it was not very popular, but it was still way more popular than after its return, with the rewards nerfed to zero.

I remember selling Liadri kill was hyped to 100g plus the inherent risk of sharing buyer's account.

Your point? Yes, not that many players managed to kill liadri, but it wasn't because it was unpopular. It was because it was difficult.

Nothing of the above, btw, changes the fact that the content nowadays has exactly zero chance of being popular, due to being completely unrewarding.

I mean, i can do most of those bosses with absolutely no problem (liadri is the only one that stands out a bit, but is still doable). The only reason i would consider redoing them would be for some achieves (or dailies), because otherwise it's completely pointless.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Er... what? I don't even know what you tried to say there, but it doesn't seem to be in any way relevant to the stated fact of the queen's gauntlet not having any rewards now.

It means just because you no longer getting a reward due to playing this game for over 7 years doesn't mean the same applies to the majority of others.

You probably don't remember such little stuff as the "deadeye farming" then?

Sure, it was not very popular, but it was still way more popular than after its return, with the rewards nerfed to zero.

Irrelevant, you better read again what the OP is asking for.

Your point? Yes, not that many players managed to kill liadri, but it wasn't because it was unpopular. It was because it was difficult.

If you haven't noticed already, difficulty is exactly why it is unpopular.

Nothing of the above, btw, changes the fact that the content nowadays has exactly zero chance of being popular, due to being completely unrewarding.

I mean, i can do most of those bosses with absolutely no problem (liadri is the only one that stands out a bit, but is still doable). The only reason i would consider redoing them would be for some achieves (or dailies), because otherwise it's completely pointless.

And it will remain unpopular no matter whether Anet introduce further reward or not. As long as the majority of players frustrate over the content without an alternate solution, they would avoid it.

If the players enjoy overcoming such frustrations, they already adapted to raid conditions.

Edited by Vilin.8056
  • Confused 3

2 minutes ago, Tiilimon.6094 said:

Why stop at PVE group content tho?

PVP and WvW could be single player too, where the greatest enemy is yourself.

Already is! With the bots in pvp it could be singleplayer. When it comes to wvw you already can(and i do) never fight other players. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

i can't see why you should stop the addition of legal bots . there are bots in pvp yet and i am pretty sure anet do not stop them to lower queue's  times.

bot in wvw would make fights more epic. imagine each player could lead a group of 10 npc to fight with him. 

and finally i am bored enough to search for a group to do old content like dungeons. 

i am pretty sure the ship system and the crew addition they were talking about during the livestream are more or less pve bots.

we'll see

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, Xenn.1602 said:

C; I like to do it in my own time; I have a family, I can't go on voice chat and isolate myself from my kids and wife, I can't be occupied for an hour straigt without the freedom to go afk for 10 min to help my kids with something or whatever, or simply break it off entirely if I have to.

I feel the pain :) GW2 is not 'grown up friendly' (and no, the LFG tool ain't gonna help). 99% of PvE activities require time commitment to be completed (aka, you cannot disengage randomly and still get benefits), which is the main reason why I only play WvW/sPvP (I can chime in 5/10 minutes, have fun and still progress toward something). It would be nice to have some content specifically tailored around a busier customer target; as things are now, I would prefer a standalone WvW-sPvP game, I'd buy it day one.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1