It's summer. Why are Christmas items in the Gem Store?

Why are Christmas items being sold in the Gem Store during the middle of summer? Are people actually buying them? Is it targeted towards people who claim Christmas is under attack? The people who keep their decorations up for months after the holiday just to say "kitten you"? I just feel like we could be getting actually requested items returning to the store instead of Christmas fodder in July and August.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 10
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Mortifera.6138 said:

Why are Christmas items being sold in the Gem Store during the middle of summer? Are people actually buying them? Is it targeted towards people who claim Christmas is under attack? The people who keep their decorations up for months after the holiday just to say "kitten you"? I just feel like we could be getting actually requested items returning to the store instead of Christmas fodder in July and August.

It's winter in Southern Hemisphere.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

I assumed it's because players will complain about having to wait months for things to come back into the gem store, or only being able to buy them at certain times of the year, so they added a second opportunity to get these items. They had a bunch of Halloween things not that long ago as well.

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I assumed it's because players will complain about having to wait months for things to come back into the gem store, or only being able to buy them at certain times of the year, so they added a second opportunity to get these items. They had a bunch of Halloween things not that long ago as well.

-glares at the Aurene gloves- yup, not annoyed at all i cant buy them. Not one bit.

The better question is why isn't everything available year round? I know, I know, there is a labor shortage and complications with infrastucture due to the pandemic so production and delivery of these digital items to the digital store front has been delayed... oh wait 🤔 Marketing people and I don't get along if you couldn't tell. I'm hoping the main antagonist of EoD is Artificial Scarcity so I can kill it!

• Like 1

To provide less attractable items so that people will buy the "meh" items before the release of better items. Same reason why the smallest ice cream cone costs $1.50 and the largest $3.00, but the medium 2.50. The medium cone is just a decoy to make you believe the large is a good buy. Here, Christmas items are the medium ice cream cone. Also some people like to buy Christmasy stuff in summer and eat medium ice cream cones.

Edited by firedragon.8953

Still need summer clothing like Swimsuits which basically all other mmos add, because all I want most in summer is swimming and beach fun. FFXIV gave out outfits for their beach event last year (on top of many summer stuff that already existed).

I'm not sure if my Sylvari can sweat, I imagine he's very dry and itchy from the heat and constricting clothing.

Edited by Doggie.3184
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Mortifera.6138 said:

"Christmas in July" is a popular sale tactic where I am. I would not view it as an "attack" at all. There are people who have requested these items because they've missed out in previous years. 

• Like 1