Would you play the game if they deleted pvp and focused on PVE and WvW? — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home PVP

Would you play the game if they deleted pvp and focused on PVE and WvW?

Crab Fear.1624Crab Fear.1624 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited February 22, 2021 in PVP

Does this game need conquest anymore? What if they just boosted the rewards for the PVE and WvW?

Option 2 has a typo, it is a NO (you play for pvp)

Soon™ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) nom nom nom🥔
Fun Daredevil

Would you play the game if they deleted pvp and focused on PVE and WvW? 53 votes

Yes, I would play the game in some way or another, 1% to 100%
41%
Trevor Boyer.6524Ashantara.8731BunjiKugashira.9754Arheundel.6451Blood Red Arachnid.2493Anna.7845Crab Fear.1624Jtoon.6907Curennos.9307otto.5684CrimsonNeonite.1048Azure The Heartless.3261Nightcore.5621Fueki.4753Khalisto.5780Multicolorhipster.9751Xentera.4560KelyNeli.4516Asuran.5469Konrad Curze.5130 22 votes
No, I think I only play the game for PVE
13%
FrownyClown.8402jonemirant.1653Stallic.2397Sansar.1302Woltarion.6829Miss Pepper.5793razaelll.8324 7 votes
I already quit the game, but lurk the forums and reddit with some hope for something.
24%
Stand The Wall.6987Mini Crinny.6190Axl.8924Bazooka.3590Widmo.3186babak.3654avey.4201Pyriin.3291Fearless.3569Tayga.3192lovemghool.7613HokenPWNZ.7628georgessj.4198 13 votes
Wait! I am halfway done with EZ mode legendary armor, how do I complete that if they delete pvp?
5%
catalyst.1358Andreea.5649Brimstone Jack.3462 3 votes
Popcorn
15%
Salt Mode.3780Uvirith.9573Megametzler.5729Tzarakiel.7490Zoricus.2439SexyMofo.8923Onlyflameone.2136Panda.7851 8 votes

Comments

• Arheundel.6451Arheundel.6451 Member ✭✭✭✭

While in pursuit of the unicorn balance, many specs have been deleted, amulets and runes removed...but PvP only got gradually worst. Despite their claims, professions get treated unfairly with clear bias behind many decisions.

-A wise man once said- "Fight cheese with cheese or be cheesed in return, mind not those who will accuse you of being a cheese as they like cheese themselves"

• No, I think I only play the game for PVE

I started playing the game because of the pvp and in my opinion GW2 has the best pvp from all big fantasy mmorpgs out on the market. I think i will leave the game if they get rid of the pvp.

• Bazooka.3590Bazooka.3590 Member ✭✭✭
    I already quit the game, but lurk the forums and reddit with some hope for something.

Very sad they did not listen to their community and now the game is dead. However I hope its a temporary state but not expecting anything.

• Popcorn

What do you mean delete PvP? They can't remove something that never existed in the first place.

PvP? What's that? Never heard of it.

• Trevor Boyer.6524Trevor Boyer.6524 Member ✭✭✭✭

Change my answer.

Tbh, when I stop and think about it, if I couldn't casual queue an unranked or something from time to time, I'd get pretty bored really fast and probably wouldn't stick around very long.

If they would condense WvW population so that maps were active again, that may hold my interests if PvP were removed.

• Falan.1839Falan.1839 Member ✭✭✭

There isn't even a no option, the only that actually says no also says I only play for PvE, which doesn't make sense. 10/10 poll.

And no, I wouldn't. WvW got me bored to death 4 years ago and PvE is only bearable for 30-60 min or so, so without PvP I'd rather play another game.

• Crab Fear.1624Crab Fear.1624 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Falan.1839 said:
    There isn't even a no option, the only that actually says no also says I only play for PvE, which doesn't make sense. 10/10 poll.

And no, I wouldn't. WvW got me bored to death 4 years ago and PvE is only bearable for 30-60 min or so, so without PvP I'd rather play another game.

It's a typo.

You made one in this comment too, and some grammatical errors.

So relax.

We can pretend option 2 is where pvers farm the ez mode legendary armor.

Soon™ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) nom nom nom🥔
    Fun Daredevil

• Stallic.2397Stallic.2397 Member ✭✭✭
    No, I think I only play the game for PVE

No, I wouldn't. Looks like there is a typo in the options.

The combat of this game is what appeals to me the most. Diverse classes are nice too. But if pvp is gone, time to move on to the next mmo

• Yes, I would play the game in some way or another, 1% to 100%

I'd probably start doing commander trains off and on. Would definitely take a hit to my playtime though. I'd only be here a fraction of the time I normally spend.

The "Balance" is a fantasy -- another mortal superstition.

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

I quit PvP 3-4 years ago anyway, for obvious reasons - so I couldn't care less if the game mode got deleted, unless it received a major overhaul.

• Obtena.7952Obtena.7952 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 25, 2021

Let me guess ... anyone that plays primarily for PVP will answer no ... just a hunch :wink:

Abuse from people that tell you how to play is not a reason to change a class in a game that is designed and works to allow you to play how you want.

• Salt Mode.3780Salt Mode.3780 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 25, 2021
    Popcorn

HA you are very funny for a second the title said focused WvW and PVE only, I'm sorry to say they haven't given WvW any significant updates in fact most of the recent balance patches have solely been towards SPvP. I mean #Alliance?

• Nightcore.5621Nightcore.5621 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 25, 2021

Makes No sense to play gw2 for pvp is not that good anymore. This game is for sure a 100% pve game

• Avatar.3568Avatar.3568 Member ✭✭✭✭

Makes No sense to play gw2 for pve is not that good anymore. This game is for sure a 100% pvp game

• Axl.8924Axl.8924 Member ✭✭✭✭

In my opinion they shouldn't delete SPVP, they should revamp it.

SPVP has things i like about it, and it would be sad if those who like SPVP are forced to go WVW.

Here is my list of characters i got so far:

Elementalist 80 with tempest:Talman nul
    Necromancer 80 with reaper:Zex vokar
    Mesmer level 80 no chrono yet:Klanga voosh.
    Level 80 Ranger with druid spec Jedkhan.

• I already quit the game, but lurk the forums and reddit with some hope for something.

with how things are going, it seems like they are indirectly trying to delete pvp

te lazla otstara.
    fingers crossed meta ~

• Popcorn

PvP is the right arm, PvE is the left. You want disabled game? Cut one arm, but don't expect to work as good as having both arms. I love PvP but I enjoy PvE too.

• kamikharzeeh.8016kamikharzeeh.8016 Member ✭✭✭✭

i'm a Wvw main anyways, only started spvp bc its a chill gold and rewards farm. one game per day usually gets u the dailies...

but eh, they invest even less time into Wvw, spvp is rather spoiled compared to Wvw tbh.

• KelyNeli.4516KelyNeli.4516 Member ✭✭✭

The pathetic state of pvp in this game is caused by developers chasing the same thing FFXIV devs did with their pvp.
    FFXIV oversimplified their pvp and killed it clean, making it unplayable with queue times exceeding 1 hour mark for anyone who want to play it.
    Same is happening right now with GW2.
    Instead of playing the same profession in all modes, you have a full experience in PVE, half of it in WvW and a shallow shadow of profession you play in PVP.
    They literally murdered pvp with all those useless changes.