WvW Work In Progress — Guild Wars 2 Forums

WvW Work In Progress

Hey folks!

I've been meaning to get this up for a while. Most of this won't come as news to anyone, if you've been following our posts. But I wanted to get a thread that summarized it all.

The following list contains a selection of changes that currently are on the WvW Team backlog. This list is not all-inclusive; it only includes features that have been started. Keep in mind that plans change, priorities shift, and projects always take longer than we’d like. Some of these improvements are many months from completion, and some may be removed if our priorities shift. If that is the case, we’ll update this post in the future.

World Restructuring

Siege re-evaluation

  • Review balance and usability of current siege

Obsidian Weapon Set

  • Group 1 (Released 12/12)
  • Group 2 (Released 3/27)

Quality of Life

  • Repeatable Reward Track Auto-Restart (If the reward track you have selected is repeatable, it will remain set upon completion)
  • WvW Enrichments

Ben Phongluangtham
Game Designer
Reddit: ANET_BenP
Twitch: AnetBenP

Tagged:
<134

Comments

  • Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Thank you for the update @Ben Phongluangtham.1065 It, at times will be met with skepticism, but it is appreciated.

  • XenesisII.1540XenesisII.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 30, 2018

    Hey Ben thanks for the communication, it's appreciated!

    Siege re-evaluation, I would guess you all have been reading up on the siege threads lately, hopefully some tweaks can be made.

    Another derailing post. ^^
    EBG North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed!
    Maguuma: Free ppt, come and get it!

  • Jski.6180Jski.6180 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Thank you for trying and keeping ppl updated.
    Please keep looking into balancing its not fun to fight with the ground on fire all the time from scourge its worst then the old dragon banner chronomancer.

  • Nice to see World Restructuring at the top of the list. Calling it a backlog and many months away is unfortunate for us players. Any specifics on a roadmap for restructuring?

  • SkyShroud.2865SkyShroud.2865 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 30, 2018

    Thanks for the update. It is nice to know what are being work on, at least we know WvW is not getting left out.

    Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International PvX Guild
    Henge of Denravi Server
    www.gw2time.com

    --

    Explanations of WvW Structures & Populations Issues

  • Strages.2950Strages.2950 Member ✭✭✭

    Something major that needs to be addressed is the fact a whole section of the Desert Borderlands doesn't allow blinks. The NE side of NE tower has a whole section where you can't blink in ANY class. Not ele, not mesmer, not thief, nothing. No teleports work there. Its been like this for WAY too long now and it completely screws up gameplay for any class that depends on these mobility tools.

  • Gop.8713Gop.8713 Member ✭✭✭

    It may seem minor, but repeatable reward tracks will be such a nice addition. One question though: Will it be automatic or selectable? Either would be great, but I like to leave my completed reward tracks marked as full once I have all the unique skins and goodies from them, just so I don't have to go look them up later to remember if I have it all or not. If the spillover goes back into that track again after I have the last skin I won't be able to use that personal notation any more. That's not a big deal and I'd love repeatable tracks either way, but being able to select whether to apply it would also be a huge benefit . . .

  • Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 30, 2018

    @Gop.8713 said:
    Will it be automatic or selectable? Either would be great

    The most elegant solution would simply be "Choose another track" (brings you to the WvW reward track menu) or "Repeat track" (automatically repeats the track) buttons instead of the regular old accept button on the final chest. But I suppose we'll see. From the sounds of things, it's just gonna be a plain repeat as is. Which means the problem will be the reverse instead - you'll forget what track you are running lol.

  • Note particularly the phrase:

    This list is not all-inclusive

    "With great power comes not-so-great utility bills."

  • Kitta.3657Kitta.3657 Member ✭✭
    edited March 31, 2018

    WvW Enrichments

    What does this mean exactly? Is it meant to be a catch-all word for fixes of anything WvW related?

  • BlaqueFyre.5678BlaqueFyre.5678 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Hey @Ben Phongluangtham.1065 have you been assigned to the WvW team now as well? If so I can’t wait to see your good work spill over From the PvP side.

  • Kovu.7560Kovu.7560 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Kitta.3657 said:

    WvW Enrichments

    What does this mean exactly? Is it meant to be a catch-all word for fixes of anything WvW related?

    This.

    ~ Kovu

    Fort Aspenwood,
    Ranger, Necromancer.

  • DemonSeed.3528DemonSeed.3528 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Speaking of which, would you guys please consider guild boosters (enhancements from tavern) to be available universally instead of just HoT owners. It's weird having something for guilds locked behind that. Guild benefits when joining a guild should be available to anyone joining them - it looks weird when you have to explain to others the reason behind it.

  • Curunen.8729Curunen.8729 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Thanks for the update.

    Would also be nice if Shrine speed buff durations in DBL could be increased to at least 20 minutes, and some similar mechanic made available for purchase on other maps from npcs.

    Never dodge while dazed (EM handicap) | My ears, how are you! | Kourna Jackrabbit for default Springer

  • Swagger.1459Swagger.1459 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Ben Phongluangtham.1065 Would be really sweet to have a +25% movement speed enrichment!

    "It's that sorta mentality that prevents progress from actually being made and the game from being fun for everyone and not the minority." -TexZero

    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/9804/idea-wvw-only-movement-skills

  • Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Swagger.1459 said:
    @Ben Phongluangtham.1065 Would be really sweet to have a +25% movement speed enrichment!

    There are skills and/or traits for each class that provide this. Build for it.

  • Felipe.1807Felipe.1807 Member ✭✭✭

    @Strider Pj.2193 said:

    @Swagger.1459 said:
    @Ben Phongluangtham.1065 Would be really sweet to have a +25% movement speed enrichment!

    There are skills and/or traits for each class that provide this. Build for it.

    My guardian still waiting for his passive 25% movement speed...oh well, maybe next elite spec

  • GDchiaScrub.3241GDchiaScrub.3241 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Felipe.1807 said:

    @Strider Pj.2193 said:

    @Swagger.1459 said:
    @Ben Phongluangtham.1065 Would be really sweet to have a +25% movement speed enrichment!

    There are skills and/or traits for each class that provide this. Build for it.

    My guardian still waiting for his passive 25% movement speed...oh well, maybe next elite spec

    Was there not enough emphasis on SKILL? Why did that imply passive? Learn to use swiftness or/and "build for it"...

    D:

    RISE guild best guild super RPers trash blob guild [RISE] always dies on inc masters of the Die On Inc technique where Prince Jarvan just died.

    Holy Warriors of [Kazo] following Kazo doctrine guided by, Our Lord and Commander, Zudo in the holy Trinity of Him and his two firm glutes.

  • Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @GDchiaScrub.3241 said:

    @Felipe.1807 said:

    @Strider Pj.2193 said:

    @Swagger.1459 said:
    @Ben Phongluangtham.1065 Would be really sweet to have a +25% movement speed enrichment!

    There are skills and/or traits for each class that provide this. Build for it.

    My guardian still waiting for his passive 25% movement speed...oh well, maybe next elite spec

    Was there not enough emphasis on SKILL? Why did that imply passive? Learn to use swiftness or/and "build for it"...

    D:

    Thank you

  • Felipe.1807Felipe.1807 Member ✭✭✭

    @GDchiaScrub.3241 said:

    @Felipe.1807 said:

    @Strider Pj.2193 said:

    @Swagger.1459 said:
    @Ben Phongluangtham.1065 Would be really sweet to have a +25% movement speed enrichment!

    There are skills and/or traits for each class that provide this. Build for it.

    My guardian still waiting for his passive 25% movement speed...oh well, maybe next elite spec

    Was there not enough emphasis on SKILL? Why did that imply passive? Learn to use swiftness or/and "build for it"...

    D:

    Swagger was talking about 25% movement speed...also, dont think its fair make me waste a skill slot for retreat or any other skill that give swiftness while other professions can take an actually usefull skill, put me on a huge disadvantage, and traveler runes suck too lol

  • Swagger.1459Swagger.1459 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Strider Pj.2193 said:

    @Swagger.1459 said:
    @Ben Phongluangtham.1065 Would be really sweet to have a +25% movement speed enrichment!

    There are skills and/or traits for each class that provide this. Build for it.

    I'm fully aware! Thank you for your insightful input! You are awesome!

    "It's that sorta mentality that prevents progress from actually being made and the game from being fun for everyone and not the minority." -TexZero

    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/9804/idea-wvw-only-movement-skills

  • Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Felipe.1807 said:

    @GDchiaScrub.3241 said:

    @Felipe.1807 said:

    @Strider Pj.2193 said:

    @Swagger.1459 said:
    @Ben Phongluangtham.1065 Would be really sweet to have a +25% movement speed enrichment!

    There are skills and/or traits for each class that provide this. Build for it.

    My guardian still waiting for his passive 25% movement speed...oh well, maybe next elite spec

    Was there not enough emphasis on SKILL? Why did that imply passive? Learn to use swiftness or/and "build for it"...

    D:

    Swagger was talking about 25% movement speed...also, dont think its fair make me waste a skill slot for retreat or any other skill that give swiftness while other professions can take an actually usefull skill, put me on a huge disadvantage, and traveler runes suck too lol

    Then roll a class that does. They have disadvantages too. Negating those with an enrichment?

    Well, give thief and Mesmer +25% damage enrichment, or +25% armor enhancement.

  • Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Swagger.1459 said:

    @Strider Pj.2193 said:

    @Swagger.1459 said:
    @Ben Phongluangtham.1065 Would be really sweet to have a +25% movement speed enrichment!

    There are skills and/or traits for each class that provide this. Build for it.

    I'm fully aware! Thank you for your insightful input! You are awesome!

    Glad to be of help and clarify for you. I appreciate the compliments!

  • Lahmia.2193Lahmia.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Glad I saved up my laurels. WvW exp enrichments <3

    "Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death."

  • Swagger.1459Swagger.1459 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Strider Pj.2193 said:

    @Swagger.1459 said:

    @Strider Pj.2193 said:

    @Swagger.1459 said:
    @Ben Phongluangtham.1065 Would be really sweet to have a +25% movement speed enrichment!

    There are skills and/or traits for each class that provide this. Build for it.

    I'm fully aware! Thank you for your insightful input! You are awesome!

    Glad to be of help and clarify for you. I appreciate the compliments!

    I was already aware so you didn’t clarify anything for me! But you are still really awesome in my book! Keep up the good work pal!

    "It's that sorta mentality that prevents progress from actually being made and the game from being fun for everyone and not the minority." -TexZero

    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/9804/idea-wvw-only-movement-skills

  • Felipe.1807Felipe.1807 Member ✭✭✭

    @Strider Pj.2193 said:

    @Felipe.1807 said:

    @GDchiaScrub.3241 said:

    @Felipe.1807 said:

    @Strider Pj.2193 said:

    @Swagger.1459 said:
    @Ben Phongluangtham.1065 Would be really sweet to have a +25% movement speed enrichment!

    There are skills and/or traits for each class that provide this. Build for it.

    My guardian still waiting for his passive 25% movement speed...oh well, maybe next elite spec

    Was there not enough emphasis on SKILL? Why did that imply passive? Learn to use swiftness or/and "build for it"...

    D:

    Swagger was talking about 25% movement speed...also, dont think its fair make me waste a skill slot for retreat or any other skill that give swiftness while other professions can take an actually usefull skill, put me on a huge disadvantage, and traveler runes suck too lol

    Then roll a class that does. They have disadvantages too. Negating those with an enrichment?

    Well, give thief and Mesmer +25% damage enrichment, or +25% armor enhancement.

    yes, lets give mesmer and thief plus 25% more damage cause they do low damage right...come on man, cant be serious
    Wasnt asking for a 25% movement speed to be baseline, was asking for guardians(next elite spec) finally have a trait that gives this and aint forced to take traveler runes for WvW or Linx for sPvP

  • Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Felipe.1807 said:

    @Strider Pj.2193 said:

    @Felipe.1807 said:

    @GDchiaScrub.3241 said:

    @Felipe.1807 said:

    @Strider Pj.2193 said:

    @Swagger.1459 said:
    @Ben Phongluangtham.1065 Would be really sweet to have a +25% movement speed enrichment!

    There are skills and/or traits for each class that provide this. Build for it.

    My guardian still waiting for his passive 25% movement speed...oh well, maybe next elite spec

    Was there not enough emphasis on SKILL? Why did that imply passive? Learn to use swiftness or/and "build for it"...

    D:

    Swagger was talking about 25% movement speed...also, dont think its fair make me waste a skill slot for retreat or any other skill that give swiftness while other professions can take an actually usefull skill, put me on a huge disadvantage, and traveler runes suck too lol

    Then roll a class that does. They have disadvantages too. Negating those with an enrichment?

    Well, give thief and Mesmer +25% damage enrichment, or +25% armor enhancement.

    yes, lets give mesmer and thief plus 25% more damage cause they do low damage right...come on man, cant be serious
    Wasnt asking for a 25% movement speed to be baseline, was asking for guardians(next elite spec) finally have a trait that gives this and aint forced to take traveler runes for WvW or Linx for sPvP

    So, I get what you are asking for. I run weaver, I trait for mivement speed which decreases either my potential damage or my potential survivability. I also have to actively work to get the 'passive' speed buff. It applies with each switch into air and/or use of the heal skill I purposefully bring to assist with speed.

    Guard has symbol of swiftness. It's kinda kitten but an option.

    But yeah a new trait for guard would be a nice tweak.

    My problem, and I likely grouped you into my concern.., is adding enrichments which would keep classes from needing to build for speed. That's a bad idea. It would negate any use of those traits for those people who use them. It's my same opposition to mounts.

  • Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Swagger.1459 said:

    @Strider Pj.2193 said:

    @Swagger.1459 said:

    @Strider Pj.2193 said:

    @Swagger.1459 said:
    @Ben Phongluangtham.1065 Would be really sweet to have a +25% movement speed enrichment!

    There are skills and/or traits for each class that provide this. Build for it.

    I'm fully aware! Thank you for your insightful input! You are awesome!

    Glad to be of help and clarify for you. I appreciate the compliments!

    I was already aware so you didn’t clarify anything for me! But you are still really awesome in my book! Keep up the good work pal!

    Why thank you! I will!

    I hope you have a good day!

  • Swagger.1459Swagger.1459 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Strider Pj.2193 said:

    @Felipe.1807 said:

    @Strider Pj.2193 said:

    @Felipe.1807 said:

    @GDchiaScrub.3241 said:

    @Felipe.1807 said:

    @Strider Pj.2193 said:

    @Swagger.1459 said:
    @Ben Phongluangtham.1065 Would be really sweet to have a +25% movement speed enrichment!

    There are skills and/or traits for each class that provide this. Build for it.

    My guardian still waiting for his passive 25% movement speed...oh well, maybe next elite spec

    Was there not enough emphasis on SKILL? Why did that imply passive? Learn to use swiftness or/and "build for it"...

    D:

    Swagger was talking about 25% movement speed...also, dont think its fair make me waste a skill slot for retreat or any other skill that give swiftness while other professions can take an actually usefull skill, put me on a huge disadvantage, and traveler runes suck too lol

    Then roll a class that does. They have disadvantages too. Negating those with an enrichment?

    Well, give thief and Mesmer +25% damage enrichment, or +25% armor enhancement.

    yes, lets give mesmer and thief plus 25% more damage cause they do low damage right...come on man, cant be serious
    Wasnt asking for a 25% movement speed to be baseline, was asking for guardians(next elite spec) finally have a trait that gives this and aint forced to take traveler runes for WvW or Linx for sPvP

    So, I get what you are asking for. I run weaver, I trait for mivement speed which decreases either my potential damage or my potential survivability. I also have to actively work to get the 'passive' speed buff. It applies with each switch into air and/or use of the heal skill I purposefully bring to assist with speed.

    Guard has symbol of swiftness. It's kinda kitten but an option.

    But yeah a new trait for guard would be a nice tweak.

    My problem, and I likely grouped you into my concern.., is adding enrichments which would keep classes from needing to build for speed. That's a bad idea. It would negate any use of those traits for those people who use them. It's my same opposition to mounts.

    It doesn’t negate anything my awesome, and helpful, friend! It just provides more options! Yay for more options!

    "It's that sorta mentality that prevents progress from actually being made and the game from being fun for everyone and not the minority." -TexZero

    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/9804/idea-wvw-only-movement-skills

  • Swagger.1459Swagger.1459 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Strider Pj.2193 said:

    @Swagger.1459 said:

    @Strider Pj.2193 said:

    @Swagger.1459 said:

    @Strider Pj.2193 said:

    @Swagger.1459 said:
    @Ben Phongluangtham.1065 Would be really sweet to have a +25% movement speed enrichment!

    There are skills and/or traits for each class that provide this. Build for it.

    I'm fully aware! Thank you for your insightful input! You are awesome!

    Glad to be of help and clarify for you. I appreciate the compliments!

    I was already aware so you didn’t clarify anything for me! But you are still really awesome in my book! Keep up the good work pal!

    Why thank you! I will!

    I hope you have a good day!

    You are welcome! You have a good day too! May the wind be at your back!

    "It's that sorta mentality that prevents progress from actually being made and the game from being fun for everyone and not the minority." -TexZero

    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/9804/idea-wvw-only-movement-skills

  • Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Swagger.1459 said:

    @Strider Pj.2193 said:

    @Felipe.1807 said:

    @Strider Pj.2193 said:

    @Felipe.1807 said:

    @GDchiaScrub.3241 said:

    @Felipe.1807 said:

    @Strider Pj.2193 said:

    @Swagger.1459 said:
    @Ben Phongluangtham.1065 Would be really sweet to have a +25% movement speed enrichment!

    There are skills and/or traits for each class that provide this. Build for it.

    My guardian still waiting for his passive 25% movement speed...oh well, maybe next elite spec

    Was there not enough emphasis on SKILL? Why did that imply passive? Learn to use swiftness or/and "build for it"...

    D:

    Swagger was talking about 25% movement speed...also, dont think its fair make me waste a skill slot for retreat or any other skill that give swiftness while other professions can take an actually usefull skill, put me on a huge disadvantage, and traveler runes suck too lol

    Then roll a class that does. They have disadvantages too. Negating those with an enrichment?

    Well, give thief and Mesmer +25% damage enrichment, or +25% armor enhancement.

    yes, lets give mesmer and thief plus 25% more damage cause they do low damage right...come on man, cant be serious
    Wasnt asking for a 25% movement speed to be baseline, was asking for guardians(next elite spec) finally have a trait that gives this and aint forced to take traveler runes for WvW or Linx for sPvP

    So, I get what you are asking for. I run weaver, I trait for mivement speed which decreases either my potential damage or my potential survivability. I also have to actively work to get the 'passive' speed buff. It applies with each switch into air and/or use of the heal skill I purposefully bring to assist with speed.

    Guard has symbol of swiftness. It's kinda kitten but an option.

    But yeah a new trait for guard would be a nice tweak.

    My problem, and I likely grouped you into my concern.., is adding enrichments which would keep classes from needing to build for speed. That's a bad idea. It would negate any use of those traits for those people who use them. It's my same opposition to mounts.

    It doesn’t negate anything my awesome, and helpful, friend! It just provides more options! Yay for more options!

    Then offer a +25% damage buff, and. + 25 % damage reduction buff, while making the +25% speed buff additive.

  • Swagger.1459Swagger.1459 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Strider Pj.2193 said:

    @Swagger.1459 said:

    @Strider Pj.2193 said:

    @Felipe.1807 said:

    @Strider Pj.2193 said:

    @Felipe.1807 said:

    @GDchiaScrub.3241 said:

    @Felipe.1807 said:

    @Strider Pj.2193 said:

    @Swagger.1459 said:
    @Ben Phongluangtham.1065 Would be really sweet to have a +25% movement speed enrichment!

    There are skills and/or traits for each class that provide this. Build for it.

    My guardian still waiting for his passive 25% movement speed...oh well, maybe next elite spec

    Was there not enough emphasis on SKILL? Why did that imply passive? Learn to use swiftness or/and "build for it"...

    D:

    Swagger was talking about 25% movement speed...also, dont think its fair make me waste a skill slot for retreat or any other skill that give swiftness while other professions can take an actually usefull skill, put me on a huge disadvantage, and traveler runes suck too lol

    Then roll a class that does. They have disadvantages too. Negating those with an enrichment?

    Well, give thief and Mesmer +25% damage enrichment, or +25% armor enhancement.

    yes, lets give mesmer and thief plus 25% more damage cause they do low damage right...come on man, cant be serious
    Wasnt asking for a 25% movement speed to be baseline, was asking for guardians(next elite spec) finally have a trait that gives this and aint forced to take traveler runes for WvW or Linx for sPvP

    So, I get what you are asking for. I run weaver, I trait for mivement speed which decreases either my potential damage or my potential survivability. I also have to actively work to get the 'passive' speed buff. It applies with each switch into air and/or use of the heal skill I purposefully bring to assist with speed.

    Guard has symbol of swiftness. It's kinda kitten but an option.

    But yeah a new trait for guard would be a nice tweak.

    My problem, and I likely grouped you into my concern.., is adding enrichments which would keep classes from needing to build for speed. That's a bad idea. It would negate any use of those traits for those people who use them. It's my same opposition to mounts.

    It doesn’t negate anything my awesome, and helpful, friend! It just provides more options! Yay for more options!

    Then offer a +25% damage buff, and. + 25 % damage reduction buff, while making the +25% speed buff additive.

    You should ask the devs about that, just like I did! Ya never know until you try!

    "It's that sorta mentality that prevents progress from actually being made and the game from being fun for everyone and not the minority." -TexZero

    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/9804/idea-wvw-only-movement-skills

  • Felipe.1807Felipe.1807 Member ✭✭✭

    @Strider Pj.2193 said:

    @Swagger.1459 said:

    @Strider Pj.2193 said:

    @Felipe.1807 said:

    @Strider Pj.2193 said:

    @Felipe.1807 said:

    @GDchiaScrub.3241 said:

    @Felipe.1807 said:

    @Strider Pj.2193 said:

    @Swagger.1459 said:
    @Ben Phongluangtham.1065 Would be really sweet to have a +25% movement speed enrichment!

    There are skills and/or traits for each class that provide this. Build for it.

    My guardian still waiting for his passive 25% movement speed...oh well, maybe next elite spec

    Was there not enough emphasis on SKILL? Why did that imply passive? Learn to use swiftness or/and "build for it"...

    D:

    Swagger was talking about 25% movement speed...also, dont think its fair make me waste a skill slot for retreat or any other skill that give swiftness while other professions can take an actually usefull skill, put me on a huge disadvantage, and traveler runes suck too lol

    Then roll a class that does. They have disadvantages too. Negating those with an enrichment?

    Well, give thief and Mesmer +25% damage enrichment, or +25% armor enhancement.

    yes, lets give mesmer and thief plus 25% more damage cause they do low damage right...come on man, cant be serious
    Wasnt asking for a 25% movement speed to be baseline, was asking for guardians(next elite spec) finally have a trait that gives this and aint forced to take traveler runes for WvW or Linx for sPvP

    So, I get what you are asking for. I run weaver, I trait for mivement speed which decreases either my potential damage or my potential survivability. I also have to actively work to get the 'passive' speed buff. It applies with each switch into air and/or use of the heal skill I purposefully bring to assist with speed.

    Guard has symbol of swiftness. It's kinda kitten but an option.

    But yeah a new trait for guard would be a nice tweak.

    My problem, and I likely grouped you into my concern.., is adding enrichments which would keep classes from needing to build for speed. That's a bad idea. It would negate any use of those traits for those people who use them. It's my same opposition to mounts.

    It doesn’t negate anything my awesome, and helpful, friend! It just provides more options! Yay for more options!

    Then offer a +25% damage buff, and. + 25 % damage reduction buff, while making the +25% speed buff additive.

    We dont actually know how these Enrichments gonna work, or Ben allready said something about it? Anyway, I think we need to reduce the number of passive stuff from the game(I am allready against food and nourishment being avaible on WvW) and not add more. If we add something like a 25% speed bonus, while would be nice to some professions, to others would be completely useless...what about those who have as minor traits 25% speed? We would have to add other options of Enrichments, damage buffs like Strider said(25% would be overkill, 5% would be more comparable with 25% speed) or damage reduction, boon duration, condi duration, etc...a few years ago we had the guard stacks that could give you huge bonus to damage and vitality, they got removed cause they were really broken, if Enrichments gonna work like that, I believe we will be heading again towards that direction, which in my opinion is not healthy for the game.

  • Swagger.1459Swagger.1459 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 31, 2018

    Oh @Strider Pj.2193 I wanted to share something with you because you used the word “additive”!

    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Movement_Speed

    “Movement Speed increases do not stack with each other—only the greatest value takes effect. For example, a character under the effect of Signet of Air (+25%) and swiftness (+33%) will only move 33% faster. Maximum movement speed is universally capped at 400 units per second; this translates to 136% of base out-of-combat speed, but 190% of base in-combat speed. As such, the capped movement speed can be achieved out-of-combat with a mere 40% movement speed increase, whereas in-combat this requires a 100% increase i.e. Superspeed. Superspeed only makes use of its full 100% increase while in combat.”

    So a +25% movement speed enrichment is not “additive”, it’s just makes your character move that amount as baseline!

    "It's that sorta mentality that prevents progress from actually being made and the game from being fun for everyone and not the minority." -TexZero

    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/9804/idea-wvw-only-movement-skills

  • Swagger.1459Swagger.1459 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:
    The 2 enrichments currently on the list are a wxp bonus and a reward track bonus. I dont really want to make an enrichments that adds to power creep or suddenly becomes required for all WvWers to use.

    Thank you for the reply on your early Saturday morning!

    "It's that sorta mentality that prevents progress from actually being made and the game from being fun for everyone and not the minority." -TexZero

    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/9804/idea-wvw-only-movement-skills

  • Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Swagger.1459 said:
    Oh @Strider Pj.2193 I wanted to share something with you because you used the word “additive”!

    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Movement_Speed

    “Movement Speed increases do not stack with each other—only the greatest value takes effect. For example, a character under the effect of Signet of Air (+25%) and swiftness (+33%) will only move 33% faster. Maximum movement speed is universally capped at 400 units per second; this translates to 136% of base out-of-combat speed, but 190% of base in-combat speed. As such, the capped movement speed can be achieved out-of-combat with a mere 40% movement speed increase, whereas in-combat this requires a 100% increase i.e. Superspeed. Superspeed only makes use of its full 100% increase while in combat.”

    So a +25% movement speed enrichment is not “additive”, it’s just makes your character move that amount as baseline!

    I believe you missed my point. I definately understand 'additive', and what you wanted would be 'baseline'. Point simply is, if you allow every class to have a passive speed buff they don't have to trait for, then those traits and skills should be 'additive' on top of your new baseline. Which, as you could see, would effectively negate the enrichment bonus for people that are unwilling to adjust their build like others for speed.

<134
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.