Mystic coins price is out of control — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Mystic coins price is out of control

Shiyo.3578Shiyo.3578 Member ✭✭✭
edited June 13, 2019 in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

They are 1.49G insta buy 1.42G buy order and constantly going up with no decline in sight.

Can you please add more ways to get this item? It's making legendaries more expensive to make and the only unfarmable item for legendaries in the game.

It makes it very unfun to make legendaries when this items price is high.

edit: fixed silver to gold

<1345

Comments

  • Hashberry.4510Hashberry.4510 Member ✭✭✭

    Need some items that will not rapidly deflate. You may know you can at least get one per day from the ley line anomaly. Good luck.

  • CETheLucid.3964CETheLucid.3964 Member ✭✭✭

    @Shiyo.3578 said:
    1.49s insta buy 1.42s buy order

    Heh.

  • Lady Celtaine.3760Lady Celtaine.3760 Member ✭✭
    edited June 9, 2019

    Just log in often enough and you'll get the amount you need eventually for FREE, no gold or gems required, the only thing required from you is to spare 2 mins to log in each day.
    Or you can buy them from TP due to get them quicker but just like every other item in high demand it will cost you.
    And then there are the other ways you can get them as others have already mentioned. Eitherway at least you get a choice, not sure why this is even an issue.

  • Shiyo.3578Shiyo.3578 Member ✭✭✭

    @Blocki.4931 said:
    Almost like a new legendary released that requires at least 350 of them.

    The price went down when exordium released, required 500.

  • VDAC.2137VDAC.2137 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 9, 2019

    @Shiyo.3578 said:
    They are 1.49s insta buy 1.42s buy order and constantly going up with no decline in sight.

    Can you please add more ways to get this item? It's making legendaries more expensive to make and the only unfarmable item for legendaries in the game.

    It makes it very unfun to make legendaries when this items price is high.

    It’s true they’re costing more now than they have in a while, but the price fluctuates over time and they have been this expensive before. It is odd that the price is increasing now rather than when Exordium released. I guess people used up their stockpiles and haven’t had a chance to replenish?

    Besides log in rewards, Mystic Coins are also an occasional drop in fractals (tiers 2-4 and more frequently from 99 and 100 CM) and when the Mystic Forge is a daily. As has been mentioned, there is also a Ley-Line Anomaly daily that rewards one.

  • Ashen.2907Ashen.2907 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Obtena.7952 said:
    This complaint doesn't make sense ... MC prices are controlled by market demand and supply. If you think they are too expensive because you want to buy them, there are people that think they are too cheap because they want to sell them. The price on the market is a balance between those ... it couldn't be any MORE under control than it already is.

    ^^^ This.

  • Shiyo.3578Shiyo.3578 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 9, 2019

    Raid sellers take mystic coins as a form of payment and prefer it over gold.

  • Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

    If you're making a legendary my advice is to leave the parts which need Mystic Coins until last. (Same for other things you can buy but could also get from login rewards/playing.) There's no point in buying them from the TP to get it done sooner, then finding you spend enough time on other stuff that you're getting more Mystic Coins from login rewards. Of course you can sell those ones to fund other stuff, but you're still losing money to the TP fees.

    @Shiyo.3578 said:

    @Blocki.4931 said:
    Almost like a new legendary released that requires at least 350 of them.

    The price went down when exordium released, required 500.

    It's possible that a lot of people had been saving them for the legendary greatsword and enough of them sold their stockpiles at the same time that it actually exceeded demand. Especially if some of those selling them were people who had been planning to make the new legendary who then decided they didn't like it.

    I didn't think of it when the new legendary was released but I did consider selling some of the mystic coins I have saved up when I saw this topic. But I'm planning to make the Claw of the Khan-Ur at some point soon (although it's been bumped back to after I get the skyscale) so I supposed I'd better save them, at least until I know how many I'll need.

    "Hard knocks, bad luck, been knocked down,
    You got back up, rise up, shine on, keep on fighting, the war is almost done...But then I hear you're gone.
    I feel, when the lights go down, you are still here, all you hold dear remains.
    Your star never fades."

  • Mewcifer.5198Mewcifer.5198 Member ✭✭✭✭

    The only consistent and guaranteed way to get them is log in rewards (I think it's 20 every 28 days) and one a day from ley-line anomaly.
    It's very frustrating that they are so heavily gated when you need so many of them.

    The mystic clover crafting is not a way to get them, you will generally have a net loss of mystic coins if you are crafting mystic clovers.
    They are common from nightmare and shattered observatory challenge modes. And there is a chance from the fractal daily chests as well.
    If you PvP you can get them from tournaments, but that also requires getting a certain rank

    So if you really wanted to try and get them as fast as possible the easiest way would be to keep logging in every day and do daily anomaly and fractals.

    My list of suggestions for GW2
    Akkebi | Akkebyyon | Alister Kebi | Akkebi Revi | Akkebi Mememachine | Occultist Lulu | Shadow Stalker Lulu| Bonebreaker Lulu
    Max Masteries | 16k AP

  • Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Shiyo.3578 said:
    Raid sellers take mystic coins as a form of payment and prefer it over gold.

    Mystic Coins are the federal gold reserve of GW2. Their value doesn't fluctuate much and is likely to go up, whereas buying power of raw gold may go down over time. There are also many people who don't have large amounts of liquid gold but have a lot of coins. But you should explain what your sentence exactly means. Is it a judgment? Are you saying that is a negative thing?

    Smugly chuckling forever.
    My sentence doesn't make sense? Well, I probably forgot to write half of it before posting.

  • Gop.8713Gop.8713 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Obtena.7952 said:
    This complaint doesn't make sense ... MC prices are controlled by market demand and supply. If you think they are too expensive because you want to buy them, there are people that think they are too cheap because they want to sell them. The price on the market is a balance between those ... it couldn't be any MORE under control than it already is.

    Idk, I wouldn't consider it absolute but yeah anet's control over the supply and demand is certainly sufficient to fit under the commonly accepted definition of the term . . .

  • Obtena.7952Obtena.7952 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 9, 2019

    my other problem with the complaint ...

    What has the OP been doing with all the MC's that have been raining on him for the last few years from log in rewards? It's not like anyone should be starting with zero MC's here. Frankly, it sounds like a thinly veiled complaint that he sold them cheap and now needs them and they are more expensive.

    @Shiyo.3578 said:
    Raid sellers take mystic coins as a form of payment and prefer it over gold.

    and? What's your point? That doesn't mean they are too expensive.

    If you think balancing is only driven by performance and justified by comparisons to other classes then prepare to be educated:

    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/balance-updates-the-heralds-near-future-and-pvp-league-season-13/

  • Warlord.9082Warlord.9082 Member ✭✭✭

    So what? At least there is something on the TP that is worth selling. Considering everything else is dirt cheap and basically has no value, this is quite refreshing news. Something worth selling. Nice.

  • Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @IndigoSundown.5419 said:
    Would the game be better if there were less grind for optional stuff? Maybe. It might also be less populated, which would mean less revenue. Like it or not, ANet (like every MMO design studio I've seen) uses reward carrots to extend the life of their game. Legendary items are the ultimate carrot for this game.

    I would say that's especially true in GW2 where the vast majority of rewards are optional.

    If I only worried about things I actually need to progress I wouldn't have gotten anything new for my main character since about May 2013, since I don't do high level raids so I don't even need ascended armour and weapons and I could have kept using the same stat combination I picked when she first got to level 80.

    "Hard knocks, bad luck, been knocked down,
    You got back up, rise up, shine on, keep on fighting, the war is almost done...But then I hear you're gone.
    I feel, when the lights go down, you are still here, all you hold dear remains.
    Your star never fades."

  • Just do fractal CM's and u will get loads of them.

  • Etria.3642Etria.3642 Member ✭✭✭

    WVW rewards mystic coins as well. 2 from the gold pip chest, as well as more from diamond.

  • Bloodstealer.5978Bloodstealer.5978 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Obtena.7952 said:
    my other problem with the complaint ...

    What has the OP been doing with all the MC's that have been raining on him for the last few years from log in rewards? It's not like anyone should be starting with zero MC's here. Frankly, it sounds like a thinly veiled complaint that he sold them cheap and now needs them and they are more expensive.

    @Shiyo.3578 said:
    Raid sellers take mystic coins as a form of payment and prefer it over gold.

    and? What's your point? That doesn't mean they are too expensive.

    Lol.. they might rain on us, but they are soon washed away if your wanting to craft leggies, do guild upgrades and other things in game that might use them.
    Supply of MC's has always, been and always will be, outstripped by the demand based on the very high requirements of those items that use them.
    As for expensive.. perhaps they are expensive to the OP, but sure the price is very much controlled by the market, but the supply and demand are such that it keeps players having a reason to login as often as possible or whip out a credit card to buy gems to convert in order to use the TP MC pool.
    BTW, your "thinly veiled, OP sold cheap not fair has to buy high" synopsis of this thread is nothing more than a cheap shot at the OP and has no place in the thread.. sure counter the OP but no need to make up wild accusation like that imo.

    Life is what YOU make it... NOT what others tell you!

  • Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 9, 2019

    @Shiyo.3578 said:
    They are 1.49s insta buy 1.42s buy order and constantly going up with no decline in sight.

    Can you please add more ways to get this item? It's making legendaries more expensive to make and the only unfarmable item for legendaries in the game.

    It makes it very unfun to make legendaries when this items price is high.

    If they were made cheaper then something else will take it's place just like they did. The increase is only temporary because we got a new legendary weapon recently followed by the legendary trinket two weeks later.

    There are currently several ways to obtain them and several more to bypass needing to obtain as many. I suggest looking into those.

    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mystic_Coin#Acquisition
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mystic_Clover#Acquisition

  • Astralporing.1957Astralporing.1957 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Ayrilana.1396 said:

    @Shiyo.3578 said:
    They are 1.49s insta buy 1.42s buy order and constantly going up with no decline in sight.

    Can you please add more ways to get this item? It's making legendaries more expensive to make and the only unfarmable item for legendaries in the game.

    It makes it very unfun to make legendaries when this items price is high.

    If they were made cheaper then something else will take it's place just like they did. The increase is only temporary because we got a new legendary weapon recently followed by the legendary trinket two weeks later.

    I heard people saying exactly the same when they hit 1g for the first time. The increase ended up being anything but temporary however.

    The whole point of a social game is to play with the people you want to play with, not be forced to play with the people you don't.

  • Ayakaru.6583Ayakaru.6583 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I thought they were that expensive since like.. forever..
    Well, i don't mind they're a source of income for me.

    To defeat the dragons, see the good in them.
    Zhaitan reunites lost ones, primordus creates fertile land, mordremoth spreads the green, and jormag..
    ..jormag? Who's that?

  • Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 9, 2019

    @Astralporing.1957 said:

    @Ayrilana.1396 said:

    @Shiyo.3578 said:
    They are 1.49s insta buy 1.42s buy order and constantly going up with no decline in sight.

    Can you please add more ways to get this item? It's making legendaries more expensive to make and the only unfarmable item for legendaries in the game.

    It makes it very unfun to make legendaries when this items price is high.

    If they were made cheaper then something else will take it's place just like they did. The increase is only temporary because we got a new legendary weapon recently followed by the legendary trinket two weeks later.

    I heard people saying exactly the same when they hit 1g for the first time. The increase ended up being anything but temporary however.

    The cost has been stable for the past 1.5 years or so. We only saw the spike because two highly desirable legendaries were added at the same time. To be honest, I think it has more to do with Vision, and its wider appeal. than the new greatsword.

  • tl;dr nothing to see here; the market responded to a change in demand (as one would expect); prices will return to near the old equilibrium soon/soonish.

    @Shiyo.3578 said:
    Raid sellers take mystic coins as a form of payment and prefer it over gold.

    Yes they do. That has absolutely nothing to do with the change in the price. Raid sellers prefer commodities over coin because there's a limit on coin accepted via mail and no limit on items. They prefer mystic coins because the price has been extremely stable, versus other things like Ecto, which have not been. AmGems is also a decent choice, although it has a theoretically limitless supply, so is more prone to market variability.


    As others have said:

    • The price changed because of a sudden spike in demand (two new, coveted legendaries added near the same time).
    • Supply in February was near 60k; it's dropped below 30k.
    • TP demand, on the other hand, is virtually unchanged: it was around 160k; now it's around 159k

    That strongly suggests that this a temporary spike and as soon as the immediate needs of the impatient are met, prices will drop again. We'll probably end up with something a bit higher than the last equilibrium.

    "Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

  • Obtena.7952Obtena.7952 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Bloodstealer.5978 said:

    @Obtena.7952 said:
    my other problem with the complaint ...

    What has the OP been doing with all the MC's that have been raining on him for the last few years from log in rewards? It's not like anyone should be starting with zero MC's here. Frankly, it sounds like a thinly veiled complaint that he sold them cheap and now needs them and they are more expensive.

    @Shiyo.3578 said:
    Raid sellers take mystic coins as a form of payment and prefer it over gold.

    and? What's your point? That doesn't mean they are too expensive.

    Lol.. they might rain on us, but they are soon washed away if your wanting to craft leggies, do guild upgrades and other things in game that might use them.
    Supply of MC's has always, been and always will be, outstripped by the demand based on the very high requirements of those items that use them.
    As for expensive.. perhaps they are expensive to the OP, but sure the price is very much controlled by the market, but the supply and demand are such that it keeps players having a reason to login as often as possible or whip out a credit card to buy gems to convert in order to use the TP MC pool.
    BTW, your "thinly veiled, OP sold cheap not fair has to buy high" synopsis of this thread is nothing more than a cheap shot at the OP and has no place in the thread.. sure counter the OP but no need to make up wild accusation like that imo.

    That doesn't change what I said ... the price is what the market will bear ... always has, always will. What any particular player thinks the price should be is irrelevant. If a player thinks at any point in the future, they may need them, they should be keeping them or playing to earn them. Cheap shot at the OP? I think it's a completely reasonable question .. where are his MC's? We all get the free ones from logging in. So either he's not logging in or he's selling them. Either way, it's on him. If he doesn't log in enough to get MC's to curb the cost, it SHOULD be hard for him to get a legendary. If he's selling them, then he's not thinking ahead. Certainly not a cheap shot to question where his MC pool is if Anet hands them out for literally nothing every month.

    If you think balancing is only driven by performance and justified by comparisons to other classes then prepare to be educated:

    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/balance-updates-the-heralds-near-future-and-pvp-league-season-13/

  • Khisanth.2948Khisanth.2948 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Blocki.4931 said:
    Almost like a new legendary released that requires at least 350 of them.

    and an accessory ...

  • Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Khisanth.2948 said:

    @Blocki.4931 said:
    Almost like a new legendary released that requires at least 350 of them.

    and an accessory ...

    That's the one I am talking about :)

    I don't really consider Exordium because we've had little over 4 months of time to save up for it, whereas Vision was more of a wild card addition that not too many people were expecting (and even less people would have had time to get enough for both right away)

    Smugly chuckling forever.
    My sentence doesn't make sense? Well, I probably forgot to write half of it before posting.

  • Healix.5819Healix.5819 Member ✭✭✭✭

    As they've said in the past, the supply is already higher than the demand. Most people will never use them, they will simply deposit them like every other material, which will take 1 to 8 years before the player is forced to deal with the overflow. If everyone were to begin selling them, they would be worthless. Also, they already made them easier to acquire within the last year when they gave away tens of thousands of free keys.

  • phs.6089phs.6089 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Shiyo.3578 said:

    @Blocki.4931 said:
    Almost like a new legendary released that requires at least 350 of them.

    The price went down when exordium released, required 500.

    People were ready for Exordium, people weren't ready for Vision and upcoming new raid wing might get that ring, so we have the picture.

    "There is always a lighthouse, there's always a man, there's always a city."

  • Khisanth.2948Khisanth.2948 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Blocki.4931 said:

    @Khisanth.2948 said:

    @Blocki.4931 said:
    Almost like a new legendary released that requires at least 350 of them.

    and an accessory ...

    That's the one I am talking about :)

    I don't really consider Exordium because we've had little over 4 months of time to save up for it, whereas Vision was more of a wild card addition that not too many people were expecting (and even less people would have had time to get enough for both right away)

    Potentially a lot more than 4 months since we knew the full set was getting released, it was just a matter what order.

    The delayed demand is also not surprising considering the ring is gated behind the skyscale and the time gate would have delayed a lot of people.

    @Shiyo.3578 said:

    @Hashberry.4510 said:
    Need some items that will not rapidly deflate. You may know you can at least get one per day from the ley line anomaly. Good luck.

    Only 500 days for a single gen2 or gen 2.5.

    You shouldn't need more than 350 days

    77 clovers from 11 chest of loyalty
    220 coins from the login rewards
    700g from daily completion
    -400g to buy 250 amalgamated gemstone
    300g remaining to spend on the other parts

    alternatively get the clovers via the fractal vendor which will require 35 days
    buying 2 per days which gets you to 70 clovers and get the last 7 from the chest of loyalty
    This also requires 300 fractal relics per day but those ARE farmable.

  • preacher.9370preacher.9370 Member ✭✭✭

    exordium, then vision requiring them, with ring coming soon, so people will be buying them up i'm sure

  • Khisanth.2948Khisanth.2948 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @preacher.9370 said:
    exordium, then vision requiring them, with ring coming soon, so people will be buying them up i'm sure

    I think the people who want the ring has had the items prepared for a very long time already ....

  • mindcircus.1506mindcircus.1506 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Obtena.7952 said:
    That doesn't change what I said ... the price is what the market will bear ... always has, always will. What any particular player thinks the price should be is irrelevant. If a player thinks at any point in the future, they may need them, they should be keeping them or playing to earn them. Cheap shot at the OP? I think it's a completely reasonable question .. where are his MC's? We all get the free ones from logging in. So either he's not logging in or he's selling them.

    Or they are using them for crafting.
    The earlier comment was right. Your comment was an absolute cheap shot that makes assumptions.
    Attempting to cast shade as you have does nothing but detract from your already weak point.

  • ArchonWing.9480ArchonWing.9480 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I dunno, if a couple hundred gold bothers you, I don't think you should be going for a legendary....

  • Seera.5916Seera.5916 Member ✭✭✭

    @Dreddo.9865 said:

    @Obtena.7952 said:
    This complaint doesn't make sense ... MC prices are controlled by market demand and supply. If you think they are too expensive because you want to buy them, there are people that think they are too cheap because they want to sell them. The price on the market is a balance between those ... it couldn't be any MORE under control than it already is.

    I am sorry but your argument doesn't hold value. The supply is not 'playerbase controlled' but heavily influenced by the devs' decisions. We 've all witnessed how many leg needed materials (T6 mats, ectoplasm, etc) have gone the other way and that happened not due to ...lower players' demand but due to developers altering the supply methods.

    Which maybe should tell you that the devs are just fine with the current price of Mystic Coins and the supply, demand, and means of obtaining them.

    Keep in mind that in one of the threads from people complaining about Mystic Coins is that someone from ANet came out and said that most of the coins are sitting in people's banks. Meaning players are hoarding them.

    T6 materials are used in a variety of other non-legendary tier items, many of which are exotic or rare tier - items meant to not take very long to make. Mystic Coins are used in very few things that are not legendary tier or items that are obviously meant to take a decent bit of time to obtain. Comparing to T6 materials is not a valid comparison given the differences in their usage.

  • Ashen.2907Ashen.2907 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Dreddo.9865 said:

    @Obtena.7952 said:
    This complaint doesn't make sense ... MC prices are controlled by market demand and supply. If you think they are too expensive because you want to buy them, there are people that think they are too cheap because they want to sell them. The price on the market is a balance between those ... it couldn't be any MORE under control than it already is.

    I am sorry but your argument doesn't hold value. The supply is not 'playerbase controlled' but heavily influenced by the devs' decisions. We 've all witnessed how many leg needed materials (T6 mats, ectoplasm, etc) have gone the other way and that happened not due to ...lower players' demand but due to developers altering the supply methods.

    The fact that the devs have influence doesnt mean that the player base do not have control.

  • Obtena.7952Obtena.7952 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 10, 2019

    @mindcircus.1506 said:

    @Obtena.7952 said:
    That doesn't change what I said ... the price is what the market will bear ... always has, always will. What any particular player thinks the price should be is irrelevant. If a player thinks at any point in the future, they may need them, they should be keeping them or playing to earn them. Cheap shot at the OP? I think it's a completely reasonable question .. where are his MC's? We all get the free ones from logging in. So either he's not logging in or he's selling them.

    Or they are using them for crafting.

    If they are using them for crafting, then what I said still holds. I mean ... does anyone in this game get infinite mats to craft everything they want? No, they don't. They play to earn the mats or they should be keeping them knowing there is a chance they might want a legendary more than the thing they are crafting. OP has made a choice somewhere along the way that resulted in him not having the MC's he needs to craft a legendary. That's not Anet's problem to fix.

    If you think balancing is only driven by performance and justified by comparisons to other classes then prepare to be educated:

    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/balance-updates-the-heralds-near-future-and-pvp-league-season-13/

  • Obtena.7952Obtena.7952 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 10, 2019

    @Dreddo.9865 said:

    @Obtena.7952 said:
    This complaint doesn't make sense ... MC prices are controlled by market demand and supply. If you think they are too expensive because you want to buy them, there are people that think they are too cheap because they want to sell them. The price on the market is a balance between those ... it couldn't be any MORE under control than it already is.

    I am sorry but your argument doesn't hold value. The supply is not 'playerbase controlled' but heavily influenced by the devs' decisions. We 've all witnessed how many leg needed materials (T6 mats, ectoplasm, etc) have gone the other way and that happened not due to ...lower players' demand but due to developers altering the supply methods.

    Yes it does. Regardless of the things the devs implement, the market dictates the price and is controlled by players. Don't confuse control of the market for the creation of the supply; two completely separate things and anyone that confuses them does not understand the market dynamics enough to comment on them. The market is more complex than that; Fact in point is that it's easier than ever to get MC's ... but the price has been going up for years ... so no, it's not a strong correlation between Anet increasing supply methods and the price on the TP. That correlation is NOT as strong as you think it is.

    There is absolutely nothing insurmountable about getting the MC's for a legendary, especially since Anet throws a couple of dozen at you every month for just logging in or the fact you can farm the gold for them in a reasonable time and simply buy them. The cost isn't actually that outrageous considering the overall cost of all the mats that goes into one of these things.

    If you think balancing is only driven by performance and justified by comparisons to other classes then prepare to be educated:

    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/balance-updates-the-heralds-near-future-and-pvp-league-season-13/

  • mauried.5608mauried.5608 Member ✭✭✭

    Mystic coin prices are one of the most stable items on the TP.
    The current price of 1G 50S has been like this for at least 2 years, theres a mild variation but not much, and theres no shortage of sellers with currently 28000 coins for sale.
    These types of threads are common when someone needs to buy a lot of some commodity and realises they dont have enuf gold .
    Must be the prices are out of control.

  • Khisanth.2948Khisanth.2948 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Obtena.7952 said:

    @mindcircus.1506 said:

    @Obtena.7952 said:
    That doesn't change what I said ... the price is what the market will bear ... always has, always will. What any particular player thinks the price should be is irrelevant. If a player thinks at any point in the future, they may need them, they should be keeping them or playing to earn them. Cheap shot at the OP? I think it's a completely reasonable question .. where are his MC's? We all get the free ones from logging in. So either he's not logging in or he's selling them.

    Or they are using them for crafting.

    If they are using them for crafting, then what I said still holds. I mean ... does anyone in this game get infinite mats to craft everything they want? No, they don't. They play to earn the mats or they should be keeping them knowing there is a chance they might want a legendary more than the thing they are crafting. OP has made a choice somewhere along the way that resulted in him not having the MC's he needs to craft a legendary. That's not Anet's problem to fix.

    Over time we have also gotten multiple methods that offer varying degrees of reduction in how many coins are needed.

    In terms of acquiring things yourself I think we are actually able to get more than back when the coins were dirt cheap. It used to be 1 per day from daily plus 10? from the monthly. Now it is 1 per day from the anomaly and 20 from the login rewards.

    @Obtena.7952 said:
    There is absolutely nothing insurmountable about getting the MC's for a legendary, especially since Anet throws a couple of dozen at you every month for just logging in or the fact you can farm the gold for them in a reasonable time and simply buy them. The cost isn't actually that outrageous considering the overall cost of all the mats that goes into one of these things.

    One and two thirds of a dozen. That is not quite "a couple of dozen" :p

  • VDAC.2137VDAC.2137 Member ✭✭✭

    @Seera.5916 said:

    @Dreddo.9865 said:

    @Obtena.7952 said:
    This complaint doesn't make sense ... MC prices are controlled by market demand and supply. If you think they are too expensive because you want to buy them, there are people that think they are too cheap because they want to sell them. The price on the market is a balance between those ... it couldn't be any MORE under control than it already is.

    I am sorry but your argument doesn't hold value. The supply is not 'playerbase controlled' but heavily influenced by the devs' decisions. We 've all witnessed how many leg needed materials (T6 mats, ectoplasm, etc) have gone the other way and that happened not due to ...lower players' demand but due to developers altering the supply methods.

    Which maybe should tell you that the devs are just fine with the current price of Mystic Coins and the supply, demand, and means of obtaining them.

    Keep in mind that in one of the threads from people complaining about Mystic Coins is that someone from ANet came out and said that most of the coins are sitting in people's banks. Meaning players are hoarding them.

    T6 materials are used in a variety of other non-legendary tier items, many of which are exotic or rare tier - items meant to not take very long to make. Mystic Coins are used in very few things that are not legendary tier or items that are obviously meant to take a decent bit of time to obtain. Comparing to T6 materials is not a valid comparison given the differences in their usage.

    I bet a lot of people forget about them or don’t realize that they’re tradeable. I know I didn’t for a long time and thought them a semi-useless accumulating item since I was not planning on crafting legendaries...

  • Liston.9708Liston.9708 Member ✭✭

    Or sitting in inactive players banks cause they fetched a whole 15s.....

  • Konig Des Todes.2086Konig Des Todes.2086 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 10, 2019

    @Shiyo.3578 said:
    They are 1.49s insta buy 1.42s buy order and constantly going up with no decline in sight.

    This is how it's been for years.

    Can you please add more ways to get this item? It's making legendaries more expensive to make and the only unfarmable item for legendaries in the game.

    It makes it very unfun to make legendaries when this items price is high.

    Well, they are meant to be the ultimate gear in the game. Why shouldn't they be expensive?

    The issue with mystic coins come not from their individual price nor the number of legendary gear requiring them, but lesser gear requiring them.

    In other words, this list should not exist. From a dozen to two dozen mystic coins for a recipe of a feast is downright silly. Nor, in all honesty, should this list and this list exist- up to 41 mystic coins for a recipe of a set of fine or 50 for masterwork armor? Yuck.

    I'd even suggest looking over this list, some of which require too many mystic coins for the worth (like the bloodstone brick deconstruction recipe, even a singular mystic coin is far too steep a price for turning a brick back into 100 dust).

    Of course, I doubt anyone uses those recipes, so altering them will probably be minimal impact on the MC prices. But some of the more desired non-Legendary recipes being reduced would.

  • Khisanth.2948Khisanth.2948 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Liston.9708 said:
    Or sitting in inactive players banks cause they fetched a whole 15s.....

    1s3c if you go back far enough :p

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.