Please fix the pegasus, he looks sad. — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Please fix the pegasus, he looks sad.

Dragon Priestess.9760Dragon Priestess.9760 Member ✭✭✭
edited January 28, 2020 in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

No problem with the feet, it's the face that bothers me. Why does it have a beak?

Shorten the snout and round out that beak, and then I think people would buy it. But right now it looks kitten. When he looks at me, I feel like I'm going to have nightmares at night.

Resident Weeb and Woman of Culture

<13

Comments

• Fenom.9457Fenom.9457 Member ✭✭✭✭

I kind of like it. Like it’s super freaky and ugly, I hate it... but almost so much so that I really like it

HARRY! DIDYA PUT YER NAME IN DA GOBLET OF FIYAH?!

• Nightcore.5621Nightcore.5621 Member ✭✭✭

Oo i wish that was a skyscale skin never usin griffon after i got skyscale :/

• Dragon Priestess.9760Dragon Priestess.9760 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 28, 2020

@SoulGuardian.6203 said:
    Pegasus?
    What pegasus?
    What am I missing?

With the new patch, a 2000 gemstore griffon skin came out that is supposed to look like a pegasus. It has horse back legs and a horse 'face' but it came out looking really weird.

https://i.imgur.com/c8leOGr.png

@Nightcore.5621 said:
    Oo i wish that was a skyscale skin never usin griffon after i got skyscale :/

Can you imagine a pegasus sticking to the side of a cliff? lol. Griffon is the most logical choice for the physics. I would have switched to main griffon if they had gotten the skin right.

Resident Weeb and Woman of Culture

• @Dragon Priestess.9760 said:

@SoulGuardian.6203 said:
    Pegasus?
    What pegasus?
    What am I missing?

With the new patch, a 2000 gemstore griffon skin came out that is supposed to look like a pegasus. It has horse back legs and a horse 'face' but it came out looking really weird.

Those back hooves are split and look like cow hooves, not horse. Horses have a solid, non split hoof.

Be careful what you ask for
    ANet might give it to you.

Forum Guides: Images. Text

• Pegasus from WoW.I said all.

• Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

I... don't understand what's so bad about this? The face looks a bit goofy, but that is because we have never seen a horse in GW2 at all so having a horse's head on a feathery creature looks super out of place. I like it though.

I rather choose death.

• Aru.4156Aru.4156 Member ✭✭✭

Seeing the screenshot now, I feel like it'd fit better as a hippogriff. They wouldn't have to change the facial structure then but still get the mythological creature feel right. The legs of that pegasus look more accurate for a hippogriff too.

• hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭

A failed experiment from crazy scientists.

+++In creative mood. New Engie Elite spec' , Housing , New asuran expansion , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    +++NEW: AEP Asuran Expansion Project available on WIKI.
    +++New: GEM GW2 Exploration Map: Discover unusual places around tyria: Here (OSM map)

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Zexanima.7851 said:
    Also, pegasus don't have horns? Or cow feet? Or whatever those front feet are suppose to be? They are literally just horses with wings, that's it.

Based on the only horses we've ever seen in Tyria the problem with this one is it doesn't have enough horns. Seriously, this is the Necrid hoseman from GW1 which is the only time (visible) horses have appeared in the series: https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/File:Zombie_Horseman.jpg

I agree the front legs are a bit weird, but then so is the idea of a horse with wings. Overall I think it looks fine and I'm kind of tempted to get it, or at least try my luck with some free black lion keys.

Danielle Aurorel - Desolation EU. Mini Collector.

"If someone really cared, well they'd take the time to spare, a moment to try and understand another one's despair"

• Zexanima.7851Zexanima.7851 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Danikat.8537 said:

@Zexanima.7851 said:
    Also, pegasus don't have horns? Or cow feet? Or whatever those front feet are suppose to be? They are literally just horses with wings, that's it.

Based on the only horses we've ever seen in Tyria the problem with this one is it doesn't have enough horns. Seriously, this is the Necrid hoseman from GW1 which is the only time (visible) horses have appeared in the series: https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/File:Zombie_Horseman.jpg

I agree the front legs are a bit weird, but then so is the idea of a horse with wings. Overall I think it looks fine and I'm kind of tempted to get it, or at least try my luck with some free black lion keys.

Eh, it's not up my ally but I guess I could see why someone might like it. It's good enough "quality" but the design is kinda far out there and I'm dreading seeing these things flying all over Tyria. Nothing like being locked in battle with an epic world boss just to have a bunch of glowing pink and white pegauses mutants come crashing in.

Depression and anxiety are the worst...

• Hashberry.4510Hashberry.4510 Member ✭✭✭✭

Its has escaped from SAB before the surgery was complete ;) .

• kharmin.7683kharmin.7683 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:
    Too bad I don’t have a griffin or I’d buy it. After all, gemstore skins are superior and buying them is cosmetic p2w. If I can’t show that skin off in LA then how can I win the game?

Wait, is that sarcasm? I think it is. It looks and reads like sarcasm. Is it sarcasm?

I am a very casual player.
    Very.
    Casual.

• Hashberry.4510Hashberry.4510 Member ✭✭✭✭

@kharmin.7683 said:

Too bad I don’t have a griffin or I’d buy it. After all, gemstore skins are superior and buying them is cosmetic p2w. If I can’t show that skin off in LA then how can I win the game?

Wait, is that sarcasm? I think it is. It looks and reads like sarcasm. Is it sarcasm?

I bet its sarcasm /nods.

• Oh hohohoo, you crack me up! That's one silly looking beast :D

• If going to do a Failed Experiment...at least give us a mount skin of the true Failed Attempt! https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mini_Failed_Attempt

• Zexanima.7851Zexanima.7851 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Milea.6043 said:
    If going to do a Failed Experiment...at least give us a mount skin of the true Failed Attempt! https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mini_Failed_Attempt

Omg that's great, I've never seen this before. The FMA references to the weapons you can make from it are awesome.

Depression and anxiety are the worst...

• Krypto.2069Krypto.2069 Member ✭✭✭

@Andy.5981 said:
    Well if Dr. Frankenstein had to make a Pegasus from left over parts this is probably the result.

Has ANYONE at Anet ever seen the Tristar Pictures Logo?!?! That is a Pegasus.

This is very very poor.

I was thinking the same thing -- that's some Frankenstein kitten right there! :lol:

Unlike the Infernal Horror which is Hideous and a Work of ART :sunglasses: which I gladly forked over the 2K gems for, this Franken-beast is, well... just a beast.

And, I concur, it's going to a far extreme to describe it as any kind of "Pegasus."

Moonlight [THRU]

• Tyncale.1629Tyncale.1629 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 28, 2020

I can see why we do not have horses in the game, they can't model them. That sure is an ugly horse face.

I also think they missed a chance here by doubling it up as a Unicorn too. They could have made a Majestic (holy) Pegasus mount(without the horn) and a cutesy, rainbowy Unicorn mount, instead of this ugly mash of both. Most Pegasus art I see on Google is without the horn, and pretty much each of them looks hella better then this mount. Another rush job from a company that seems to be scrambling for resources. Pity.

• ugrakarma.9416ugrakarma.9416 Member ✭✭✭✭

Anet is in serious trouble, this is very subpar comparing to past 2k gem skins.

main pvp: Khel the Undead(power reaper).

• hatsamu.4327hatsamu.4327 Member ✭✭
    edited January 28, 2020

It's a bit short and squat-looking. I would guess that it's a bone-rigging limitation, but they were able to do such a great job with the stag skin on the jackal...

If they can't lengthen the legs and neck, maybe the proportions would be a bit better without the draping armor and less thiccness on the neck and forelegs.

• Ragnarox.9601Ragnarox.9601 Member ✭✭✭

What in the tyria is that? what an abomination xD

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

@kharmin.7683 said:

It is sarcasm, especially as Just already won the game

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• @Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

@Dragon Priestess.9760 said:

@SoulGuardian.6203 said:
    Pegasus?
    What pegasus?
    What am I missing?

Those back hooves are split and look like cow hooves, not horse. Horses have a solid, non split hoof.

That's the main reason why Tyria has no horses, they are butt ugly.

In the beginning...there was Tarnished Coast...

• Memoranda.9386Memoranda.9386 Member ✭✭✭

This is the kind of mount skin I've wanted for a while. But there's just something off about the whole thing... Can't win'em all.

• Nightcore.5621Nightcore.5621 Member ✭✭✭

This is just a No No No please it looks so lazy made

• Ben K.6238Ben K.6238 Member ✭✭✭✭

Yeah, it is a bit weird. I decided to grab one anyway, and dying it black mitigated some of the uncanny valley problems.

I'd love to have that hairstyle on charr though.

• It's not a Pegasus, it's a Alicorn and the poor thing is bored :3:p
    https://mythicalmagicalbeastsandbeings.com/alicorn.html

• Funky.4861Funky.4861 Member ✭✭✭

It looks too rushed to me. An alicorn has the body of a unicorn with the wings of a pegasus, so this should have 4 solid hooves, a horses' body and neck (not that squat thing it has going on) and normal griffon wings as per the rig.

Something like this:
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&amp;url=https://www.amazon.in/2951-Alicorn/dp/B000PJ5AEW&amp;psig=AOvVaw36gdkJY_HpX10-M0ZF3hRP&amp;ust=1580334272156000&amp;source=images&amp;cd=vfe&amp;ved=0CAIQjRxqFwoTCIjvxp-ip-cCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAG

• Timelord.8190Timelord.8190 Member ✭✭✭

7f7644ec752ab056ad83ae72fb46d5eb.jpg

unknown.png Look at the difference. It's hilarious! =)

My YT- channel: Toxilo