One shot builds in gw2

@Caedmon.6798 said:

@Caedmon.6798 said:Dear lord ! You said its a L2p issue,im showing you Why this is Not a L2p issue.

It very much is a L2p issue. They clearly had no clue this existed in the game and wasn't exploiting.Instead of learning what each class is capable of the user came here and started screaming that the people must be cheating or exploiting some how.

If you don't see that as a L2p issue then your understanding of the game is every bit as bad as theirs.

Righto,because everyone knows about this SLB build able do 50k in One Hit,stop bullshiting yourself already with L2p comments.

I knew about it before it was posted. Learn 2 keep up with the news of bullshit meme builds too I guess.

Edit: Seriously its more about chaining evades when someone enters stealth and you're not sure whats up.

@Duckota.4769 said:

@Caedmon.6798 said:Dear lord ! You said its a L2p issue,im showing you Why this is Not a L2p issue.

It very much is a L2p issue. They clearly had no clue this existed in the game and wasn't exploiting.Instead of learning what each class is capable of the user came here and started screaming that the people must be cheating or exploiting some how.

If you don't see that as a L2p issue then your understanding of the game is every bit as bad as theirs.

Righto,because everyone knows about this SLB build able do 50k in One Hit,stop bullshiting yourself already with L2p comments.

I knew about it before it was posted. Learn 2 keep up with the news of kitten meme builds too I guess.

Edit: Seriously its more about chaining evades when someone enters stealth and you're not sure whats up.

I also knew it months ago as you could have Read when i said " Youre clueless.This oneshot build has been around for Months."Which isn't even the point,a thing you wont get anyway.

Blow up builds exist across a broad spectrum. Soulbeast blow up can be obnoxious because of how fast they are while being very defensive. DH blow up isn't far behind. Dead Eye builds pre-nerf were OP and are still on the OP spectrum. The lightning Tempest builds are crazy strong. Mesmers and their variants can still park a player in 2s or less.

Basically the game is becoming a game of little middle ground. Either targets are so bunkery nothing kills them outside of numbers or they blow up players so fast there are few counter play options. Both sides need to see a significant amount of incremental work over time with traits/skills that are deemed necessary seeing nerfs and those that are seldomly used seeing buffs.

there really isn't any leet builds run by solo players in wvw. The only people they kill are n00bs like me who are just trying to get their daily done. If they were really all that good, they would be in pvp, or concentrating on objectives in wvw, not picking off people running around by themselves. I am sure I have made quite a few people feel proud of their massive bursts.

@Reanne.5462 said:there really isn't any leet builds run by solo players in wvw. The only people they kill are n00bs like me who are just trying to get their daily done. If they were really all that good, they would be in pvp, or concentrating on objectives in wvw, not picking off people running around by themselves. I am sure I have made quite a few people feel proud of their massive bursts.

A lot of spvp players play multiple modes like others and when they're playing wvw they don't know who you are yet, better safe than sorry.

@Reanne.5462 said:there really isn't any leet builds run by solo players in wvw. The only people they kill are n00bs like me who are just trying to get their daily done. If they were really all that good, they would be in pvp, or concentrating on objectives in wvw, not picking off people running around by themselves. I am sure I have made quite a few people feel proud of their massive bursts.Yeah because roamers never encounter any other roamer that can give them a fight. Roamers are simply so good they kill all other roamers.

And then WvW imploded from the logic fallacy.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Reanne.5462 said:there really isn't any leet builds run by solo players in wvw. The only people they kill are n00bs like me who are just trying to get their daily done. If they were really all that good, they would be in pvp, or concentrating on objectives in wvw, not picking off people running around by themselves. I am sure I have made quite a few people feel proud of their massive bursts.Yeah because roamers never encounter any other roamer that can give them a fight. Roamers are simply so good they kill all other roamers.

And then WvW imploded from the logic fallacy.

So I guess where I am a solo roamer, I am a blanketed noob killer and nothing more HAHAHAHAHA

@trueanimus.4085 said:There are a few hacks going around that i have seen, especially onTC when facing the FA server, where you get 1 shot by something (cant even seen what hit you) and nothing in the combat log.. You just die and see someone run off laughing.

Ban pass again anet? please?

Actually I've been getting this in the last 2days - checking in log there is nothing to indicate spike dmg or excess dmg to my hp, but I will have to recheck again. My only thoughts is that the issue of things not rendering is raising its ugly head again, but I will try to get as much detail the next time it happens.

@Burnfall.9573, tks for sharing great stream.

They touch alot of stuff i have been complaining tha tis helping the bad design to envolve, the most issue in this game is that this is a children game, ment for a 10yo overperfm its IQ and skill by a simple build and rotations on lesser gimmicks or on a player that is "not playing gimmick to carry", this is a overstatement, but in reality is what the game is ment to achieve...

Pve is carry stack n spam mostly just need to find the best/esyest gimmicks to leech... game is designed to make players feel strong rather than good players.

With all this changes Anet and gw2 is being called the "idiots game" in the other games comunity and that's a awfull thing.

Gw2 has a huge design flaw.

@Aeolus.3615 said:@Burnfall.9573, tks for sharing great stream.

They touch alot of stuff i have been complaining tha tis helping the bad design to envolve, the most issue in this game is that this is a children game, ment for a 10yo overperfm its IQ and skill by a simple build and rotations on lesser gimmicks or on a player that is "not playing gimmick to carry", this is a overstatement, but in reality is what the game is ment to achieve...

Pve is carry stack n spam mostly just need to find the best/esyest gimmicks to leech... game is designed to make players feel strong rather than good players.

With all this changes Anet and gw2 is being called the "idiots game" in the other games comunity and that's a awfull thing.

many of guilds including 15 i play with are spending most of our time with Square Enix: Final Fantasy 14 online, Gw2 gimmicks are just toxic for us: and a waste of our quality time.

what fun does one get out of +1 shotting with gimmick gameplay? Boredom, Rage quit and Waste of quality time= Nothing Worthwhile to be taken seriously

You've mentioned something about the game being a children game...it certainly is. +1 shotting and gimmick gameplay has no place in Gw2 franchise yet Anet allows it and promotes it.

So be it: Anet unfortunately will have more great loss including unfortunately more staffs loss until they learn. Every balance patch increases toxicity even more, why be devoted to a unhealthy game? Until than, hope to see many of you there including other games where healthy gaming experience are embraced and where risk+reward environment are promoted

Gw2 is a toxic game and will continue to remain toxic as long Anet allows it.

Have a good day :)

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@"zionophir.6845" said:must be a third party plugin like arcdps

Let me just stop you right there.It ain't a 3rd party problem it's a l2p issue as the OP is running pure glass against pure glass. His house got shattered and so he took the only route he can, come complain on the forums.

Youre clueless.This oneshot build has been around for Months.

Totally a l2p issue,lmao.

that looks balanced... if players can get carried... its balanced for gw2 standards.

Working as intended.

Man. What the **** do you think dodges are for? Dodge his burst and you win easy. No dodges? Block. Anything that denies his burst, and now you have the upper hand. I play soulbeast too with zerker / assassins gear and I've fought some of these players before. The first time they get you, you're surprised. Next time you got fight them, just be a little more cautious. You see them trying to pull off the same 1trick combo and you avoid it. Then it's really easy from there. They have almost no defense after a certain point cus they traded it for 1trick offense.

@"Magolith.9412" said:Game was much better before all the power creep that allowed these gimmicks to exist. I liked it better pre-HoT when it was "holy kitten that thief just backstabbed me for 12k".. now that's practically just a single autoattack for some. :s

(I also wish blasting fields was still a major thing instead of healbots, but.. different issue.)

Wrong. Thief backstab for 12k pretty much meant you were dead. Warrior axe MH 1 shots were a thing too. The main issue with 1 shot is stealth. 1 shot builds are so easy to kill if they don't kill you with their 1 hit combo.

@bigo.9037 said:

@"Magolith.9412" said:Game was much better before all the power creep that allowed these gimmicks to exist. I liked it better pre-HoT when it was "holy kitten that thief just backstabbed me for 12k".. now that's practically just a single autoattack for some. :s

(I also wish blasting fields was still a major thing instead of healbots, but.. different issue.)

Wrong. Thief backstab for 12k pretty much meant you were dead.

Maybe if you played a glass ele. A 12k backstab was pretty high damage, but it didn't 1-shot most classes/builds and didn't necessarily mean the target was "pretty much dead" as you say. I played a lot of thief/engi/mesmer back in the day and don't recall having many problems with being 1-shot.

My point is power creep in the current game is unhealthy, at least in my opinion. 20k Malicious Backstabs, 15k Backstabs, 8k LB AAs, 20k+ quickness rapid fires, insta-death mauls, 11k+ mesmer scepter channels, constant condi puke, etc etc etc. The list goes on. Power creep has gotten ridiculous. I'm an experienced roamer and can deal with quite a bit of it (not that I like it.) But I can't imagine trying to get into this game now with the absurd TTK.

@Magolith.9412 said:

@Magolith.9412 said:Game was much better before all the power creep that allowed these gimmicks to exist. I liked it better pre-HoT when it was "holy kitten that thief just backstabbed me for 12k".. now that's practically just a single autoattack for some. :s

Wrong. Thief backstab for 12k pretty much meant you were dead.

Maybe if you played a glass ele. A 12k backstab was pretty high damage, but it didn't 1-shot most classes/builds and didn't necessarily mean the target was "pretty much dead" as you say. I played a lot of thief/engi/mesmer back in the day and don't recall having many problems with being 1-shot.

My point is power creep in the current game is unhealthy, at least in my opinion. 20k Malicious Backstabs, 15k Backstabs, 8k LB AAs, 20k+ quickness rapid fires, insta-death mauls, 11k+ mesmer scepter channels, constant condi puke, etc etc etc. The list goes on. Power creep has gotten ridiculous. I'm an experienced roamer and can deal with quite a bit of it (not that I like it.) But I can't imagine trying to get into this game now with the absurd TTK.

Yea sure increase the TTK but I feel like it hasn't changed dramatically over the years. The power creep, at the very least, went both ways. You get higher dmg but also more defensive options etc.But again, most of these 1shot builds today really can't fight players properly.I've died many times to players with these builds and sure it's annoying as heck the first time but then you just find them again, dodge their burst or rotate around it and win EZ.

S> @Burnfall.9573 said:

many of guilds including 15 i play with are spending most of our time with Square Enix: Final Fantasy 14 online, Gw2 gimmicks are just toxic for us: and a waste of our quality time.

what fun does one get out of +1 shotting with gimmick gameplay? Boredom, Rage quit and Waste of quality time= Nothing Worthwhile to be taken seriously

You've mentioned something about the game being a children game...it certainly is. +1 shotting and gimmick gameplay has no place in Gw2 franchise yet Anet allows it and promotes it.

So be it: Anet unfortunately will have more great loss including unfortunately more staffs loss until they learn. Every balance patch increases toxicity even more, why be devoted to a unhealthy game?
Until than, hope to see many of you there including other games where healthy gaming experience are embraced and where risk+reward environment are promoted. Most importantly; absolutely zero tolerance of +1 shooting either

Well if you ever quit completely, just send me ur stuff

because i am no longer devoted to Gw2 doesn't mean i am quitting the game: it is just that others have won my heart to make me feel valued and appreciated as a customer. Whose company's who believes in a healthy fun competitive gaming experience without Favoritism for all of their players alike no-matter what profession they play.

---I and many others are just too tired and too frustrated to be devoted to game who refuses to learn lessons by each past balance histories. Absolutely nothing has changed and will change as long Aent embraces toxicity.--

(I do like Anet but they are not giving any reasons to make the game worthwhile)

lol nice try. Strider :)

-(by the way: +1 shotting Fresh Air Eleemtnaislit is back from the past---here is a pvp Fresh Air by Happy No-(Everyone Respect him Please!!)

It’s not ‘back’. It’s been there. Because it is squishy as a young cat.

Much like all of the ‘one shot’ builds. They aren’t the real problem.

And of course, with the mount, no one should ever be one shot ever again per all of the people who are pro mount because of course they now can avoid any of those encounters ever.

• 6 months later...

@Strider Pj.2193 said:S> @Burnfall.9573 said:

So be it: Anet unfortunately will have more great loss including unfortunately more staffs loss until they learn. Every balance patch increases toxicity even more, why be devoted to a unhealthy game?
Until than, hope to see many of you there including other games where healthy gaming experience are embraced and where risk+reward environment are promoted. Most importantly; absolutely zero tolerance of +1 shooting either

Well if you ever quit completely, just send me ur stuff

because i am no longer devoted to Gw2 doesn't mean i am quitting the game: it is just that others have won my heart to make me feel valued and appreciated as a customer. Whose company's who believes in a healthy fun competitive gaming experience without Favoritism for all of their players alike no-matter what profession they play.

---I and many others are just too tired and too frustrated to be devoted to game who refuses to learn lessons by each past balance histories. Absolutely nothing has changed and will change as long Aent embraces toxicity.--

(I do like Anet but they are not giving any reasons to make the game worthwhile)

lol nice try. Strider :)

-(by the way: +1 shotting Fresh Air Eleemtnaislit is back from the past---here is a pvp Fresh Air by Happy No-(Everyone Respect him Please!!)

It’s not ‘back’. It’s been there. Because it is squishy as a young cat.

Much like all of the ‘one shot’ builds. They aren’t the real problem.

And of course, with the mount, no one should ever be one shot ever again per all of the people who are pro mount because of course they now can avoid any of those encounters ever.

I agree that +1 shotting Elementalist has been there. The good thing of this +1 shotting bad design; it is forcing players to leave the game including dedicated players.

As i countless said; social media is the quickest way to kill a population. Absolutely none of players in other games that i play; after viewing streams of Guild Wars 2 being a +1 shooting game, they don't even bother buying it or playing it.

Seriously, Guild Wars 2 is killing its own population quicker than words of mouth. As human beings; we are incline to see proof.

All they have to do is search +1 shot Guild Wars 2 and Voila!!

Thief Profession tops #1 of all +1 shotting videos

The damage is done and continues to spread even more to Guild Wars 2 credibility of being a competitive game.

--Every +1 shotting we are witnessing were never resolved in the past. It's just that now the bandage came off and the cycle will repeat itself over and over again with with more band aid fixes--

-by the way, the only profession who is exempt from bandaids fixes is Thief Profession-

Thief Profession remain the +1 shot Profession since Guild Wars 2 Alpha-beta

So there, that is your #1 source problem that need to be immediately eradicated from the game if any progress should take place

Cant agree more.

Also ppl shouting l2p issue all over the forums are just not getting that oneshots shouldnt be a thing in a game like this. Especially not from stealth.And dont give me that soundqueue DJ argument, who wants to listen to the same ingame sounds for years.

@RedShark.9548 said:

Cant agree more.

Also ppl shouting l2p issue all over the forums are just not getting that oneshots shouldnt be a thing in a game like this. Especially not from stealth.And dont give me that soundqueue DJ argument, who wants to listen to the same ingame sounds for years.

If they are oneshotting glass, then yes. Short of glass, no. Assuming of course, no external boons given to them, not weakness and vulnerability stacks on the toon they are attacking.

TLDR: it is about more than ‘one shot builds’ but the meme is real.

@RedShark.9548 said:

Cant agree more.

I believe Anet wanted more players playing low effort gimmicks thinking that would call more players to the gamemode from pve and wvw, gw2 as huge issues on sync on rendering animations on clients plus the low effort damage builds atm it has a bit a good mixture and hard to understand where overperformance due bad iteration or like rev wvw it works cause I can’t see what is hitting, alot of range target skills won’t render on the targets screen reason it ends on e powering whatsbis strong, creating damage creep moments.

The problem with balance and gimmicks can be easily fixed, problem continues with anet increasing aoe spam and client having bottlenecks to render some really strong hits, being on spvp or wvw some animations happen to fast even with an 1080ti game won’t render or like longbow in very Hight places that will increase the range, targets will just see the hit animations and health dropping.

@RedShark.9548 said:

And dont give me that soundqueue DJ argument, who wants to listen to the same ingame sounds for years.

You play the game without sound?I mean yeah, I muted the music long ago. But the combat audio in this game is a very useful information stream.Maybe I'm biased, I play with my wife at a dual desk and so that information goes doubly as it also gives us clues as to what's going on with the other's character... Yet I still keep it on when I'm solo, maybe it's my job-o-tron. I still get a smile even having heard the snarky comments ten thousand times.