New elite specialization: The Vindicator

Telgum.6071

3 hours ago, LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:

This spec looks incredibly boring to me so far and like a Rev copy of Willbender.  Was absolutely hoping for something more interesting and different and the legend choices are meh. 

I'll be cautiously optimistic for Friday, but I'm assuming all the cool stuff was shown off in the trailer so my hopes are definitely low. 

Pretty much my reaction.  To be honest, I was really hoping for more of a GW1 Ritualist theme and not just another leap about and hit things with a big sword spec.

I'll try to stay somewhat optimistic, too, but about the only thing that slightly interested me from that trailer and didn't give me a feeling of "Willbender, take 2" was the possible legend skills.  Variety is good, which *could* be the case with these, but my expectations sure dropped several notches.

Edited by unlikeyou.8452
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

3 hours ago, Ragnarox.9601 said:

yup my main is guardian 😄 recently went back to revenant and it seems way weeker when it came out, i often die in wvw while taking camp alone lol. While with guardian i am often full hp while killing everything. Power revenant should get some 25% dmg buffs, or vindicator if its good. 

That's mostly how much you're used to play that class.  Full berserker power Shiro lacks cleave damage but still I was able to 65-70% of some bounties in PoF before the time cap run out without dying, with a build with 0 stability and very few cleanses. WvW camps are faster to take with condi Revs due the higher AoE damage, but even with power you can curb stomp them even staying in Jalis and using auto attacks...

On topic :  not sure if the legend will have 2 sets of 5 skills or a mix of both legends in a single set; the mobility and block skills (from the weapon) seems fine but some of the attacks look slow (Willbender style slow) so maybe wouldn't be the best spec for PvP.  I like the falling sword animation and the evade, the others seems too familiar (the skills from the Renegade were visually more distinctive), but that can be changed (along Harbinger's elexir incons, I hope). In terms of visual desing the most shocking class in PoF was the Firebrand: tons of love and care put in the skills and weapon animations and fx.

I rewatched Renegade's promo trailer and didn't look as  great as the spec can currently be played:

...But is true that the animations were more original. I would like more a "no hands" wielding of the sword (as Balthazar or some characters in fighting games) but the chances were small. Nothing against the new legends, tho: I'll just wait to see how they play.

I'll await the revelation of the new Warrior and Ele specs in the next 2 days, followed with a showcase and the next beta the next week, so will be plenty to play. So far the Virtuoso seemed ok but not a thing I would play, the WB flasy but weak and the Harbinger was the one I liked the most. 

5 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Really? because virtuoso's don't have clones but blades, willbreakers have a ton of mobility, harbingers have a shroud that negatively affects them. Those aren't breaking the typical rules on those classes? And just like willbreaker, it looks like vindicator will have more mobility, twin legends at once? and by the sounds of it something with their dodge mechanic(hi mirage), let's see if they break the rules in that regard and give them 3 dodges instead of 1.

And willbenders have no passive when they are off cooldown.

Edited by Daniel Handler.4816

10 minutes ago, Zeph.5927 said:

Good. Their wishes and ideas were terrible and unwanted by most of the revenant players anyway. Greatsword is what we needed and Greatsword is what we got.

You know, while it may not be true for this case, a majority of clowns with the same idea doesn't make it a good idea.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I bet vindicator is just a new legend not two, but one. The website clearly states that it is the union of the two and more than likely we could see skills based on each character. I bet this legend may get more standard skills for 7,8,9 slots (5 or 6 instead of just 3?). Other legends don’t allow such flexibility so maybe this is the rule breaker?

8 hours ago, Elric.4713 said:

Looks underwhelming to say the least.

As some of us have feared, it's doesn't seem to bring anything new.

It only brought the remaining stuff that guardian was lacking and the weapon that the majority wanted and an interesting twist on the legends system. But other than that, yeah it brought nothing new. /s

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

My speculation is that this spec loses Legend Swap for the enhanced dodge and maybe some F skills.  But you get two full sets of legend skills that you can pick from like a traditional class.   So like you can run All Vicktor, or all Archemorus what whichever combination of the two  you want.

Edited by mortrialus.3062

Ive been warrior since start and up till now ive still havent been interested in anything else till now because like someone else mentioned, that one skill looks like the doomfist ult from overwatch lol. That one skill has me interested, but still not enough so far to even be interested for EoD yet, just gonna have to see how the warrior spec turns out.

Edited by Loading.4503
  • Haha 1

Anet might wanna turn down background noise in their trailers i barley could hear what the woman was saying. TG for subtitles.

Spec itself I saw a Reaper sword animation and a ranger retreat leap doge skill. 

I have really nothing to say GS one handed hold some ghost throws a spear.

Must see how it plays, WillBender looked amazing in trailer played so so, maybe rev is the opposite 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Greatsword seems cool but the legend feels... Underwhelming. Viktor and Archemorous aren't really legends in and of themselves. They're characters in Shiro's legend. The only thing of note they did was deal the killing blow on Shiro after Vizu had disarmed him and after he cut down an entire squad of soldiers sent to kill him.

They're also two more humans and both Canthan on top of that which wouldn't be an issue if we didn't already have a Canthan human legend in Shiro. I get that we're going to Cantha and they wanted it to tie into Canthan lore but... Cantha's biggest event was already represented. Now we have two legends about the same event. If they were going to give us a human they could've at least followed a different cataclysmic event. The Lich Khilbron as he sank Orr or Adelbern as he unleashed the Foefire would both be incredible events in Tyria's history that would come with some very fun mechanics.

It just kind of feels like a waste thematically speaking. Lore-wise this is just channeling the Legend of the  Jade Wind a second time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

13 hours ago, Dracomet.3648 said:

Anet says they will be breaking rules this Expac. So far with the first three, I don't see anything substantially different to say any rules were broken.

So if we were to take the trailer as literal as possible about channeling two different people, could we be seeing two new legends?

Or maybe the rev's new mechanic will be the ability to combine two separate legends into one for two more powerful effects, kind of like how the Weaver can combine elements? That will be interesting.

Virtuoso: Removal of clones 
Harbinger: Extremely mobile Necro spec.
Willbender: No more virtue passives. 

They did make some bigger changes with this release, although mechanically, the virtuoso operates a lot like mesmer. Blades are just clones that don't attack and can't be destroyed nor attacked. 

Been reading some people's ideas, and I had a crazy cool thought. 

You select two legends, however, instead of swapping you can select which utilities to slot, between the two legends. (First time Rev can customize his utility bar) Then, the F1 & F2 are mobility skills that consume endurance. So you can still dodge, but you can trade potential dodges for great mobility and aoe. But with a small cooldown, they can feel more impactful. 

Boring !

Just a spinning sword.
So déjà vu than they reuse animations for it.

When I want to slash my sword in every way like a drunk guy, I just pick my warrior.

Don't even need to mention than Viktor and Archemorous are boring guys.
Just watch GW : Factions trailer to see how they are lame.
They rushed on Shiro with their whole squad, both of them, and still got defeated. Impossible Odds, outpowered them so much.
The only thing they did was to achieve Shiro when Nika did the most part of the task.
They are just some Kill Stealers.

Won't play that kind of legend, especially when other legend, Shiro was more powerful in real life !

Will stick on Renegade.
This is not the e-spec which will make me give money for EoD.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 6

38 minutes ago, Loboling.5293 said:

Blades are just clones that don't attack and can't be destroyed nor attacked. 

So not like clones then?

They are just a resource mechanic, much closer to adrenaline.

33 minutes ago, Parthenos Polias.5683 said:

Boring !

Just a spinning sword.
So déjà vu than they reuse animations for it.

When I want to slash my sword in every way like a drunk guy, I just pick my warrior.

Don't even need to mention than Viktor and Archemorous are boring guys.
Just watch GW : Factions trailer to see how they are lame.
They rushed on Shiro with their whole squad, both of them, and still got defeated. Impossible Odds, outpowered them so much.
The only thing they did was to achieve Shiro when Nika did the most part of the task.
They are just some Kill Stealers.

Won't play that kind of legend, especially when other legend, Shiro was more powerful in real life !

Will stick on Renegade.
This is not the e-spec which will make me give money for EoD.

You wanted Togo, whose greatest achievement was dying to Shiro.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 1

Looks like one of the GS skills is a block, another is an evade backwards. That's pretty cool. That Archemorus attack looks painfully long, tho. I'm guessing  they're aiming for the the same design they had for Reaper at HoT launch. You remember? The far-too-slow, telegraphed but High damage hits. Which people couldn't dodge, so complained and they got nerfed into  far-too-slow, telegraphed mediocre damage hits. Which then got sped up after two years of complaints into a-bit-too-slow, telegraphed, mediocre hits. So they ended up nerfing Reaper defences and speeding up the attacks further. So now Reaper is completely different from what they aimed for at launch..

The more I think about it, the more it looks like they haven't learned anything and are determined to make the same mistakes over and over again. Especially after the joke that is willbender virtues. An entire class mechanic gutted, passives taken away in exchange for low damage actives which are entirely negated by an opponent moving slightly left or right...

I started this out being a bit excited but in writing, I've talked myself out of it.

Kitten.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1