New Elementalist Elite Spec: The Catalyst

Xanhawk.3806

That's good and all but the thing I was waiting for is the element mechanic. We have normal switching, dual pairing and overloads. Will they stick to core ele mechanics and slap wells on top to call it a day? Or is it some form of overloads all over again where at tuning to a single element pops some mobile AoE field around you? 

I don't mind weapon or utilities, I want to know what this spec can do with elements and I'm frustrated a bit. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, mortrialus.3062 said:

Compared to the Bladesword it's kind of hard to exactly tell what is the new mechanic what is the utility skills and stuff.  

Some of the spells look gorgeous though I did laugh at the one air spell that blasted the elementalist off screen. 

I would guess that ele gets wells as utility skills, with the phoenix and dragon being fancy animations for their wells.

Then the mechanic seems to be "augments", t least they talked about augments which will also improve the well abilities if the augment is used inside the well.

Funny, checked calendar it says 16.09.2021 and not 1.04.2021, I'm a bit confused by it.
Another MELEE weapon for the SQUISHEST class in the entire game. Then we get WELLS, the question is though, does they work the same way as Scrappers or Necromancers, because if it's the first option then even bigger GG.
The real question is: will it be more clunky than kitten Weaver or just like Reaper.

• Like 5
  • Confused 5

1 minute ago, Alurazle.5430 said:

I love Wells, didn't want Hammer or any melee weapon on my light armor and lowest vitality having class. However now I know my legendary scepter is still going to be my default. I'm hoping they at least give ele access to quickness and/or alacrity on the spec.

I definitely saw a quickness there on the "Lightning well" part. So maybe?

Disappointed that it's melee but interested to see how the mechanic works with the Staff. Given that wells is the mechanic, I'm pretty sure it's not going to be mobile, so it probably wont be good for WvW Roaming. But who knows. 

I will reserve judgement till the detailed breakdown of the class and when I get to try it out in the Beta. Not looking good for what I want Eles to get though.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

Yup. Looks like an interesting theme tying into the celestial animals of Cantha - I saw phoenix and dragon, anyway - but another melee spec isn't exactly what the elementalist community wanted.

What other animals do you refer to? Phoenix is fire and the dragon seems to be Air, Water look like a skelk or something similar.

14 minutes ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

That's good and all but the thing I was waiting for is the element mechanic. We have normal switching, dual pairing and overloads. Will they stick to core ele mechanics and slap wells on top to call it a day? Or is it some form of overloads all over again where at tuning to a single element pops some mobile AoE field around you? 

I don't mind weapon or utilities, I want to know what this spec can do with elements and I'm frustrated a bit. 

I think it could be that attuning to an element gives you a charge for that element and you maybe can unleash the charge with a new F5. So switching through all elements could then have a payoff. 

Maybe thats what the spheres at the feet of the ele are.