Foefire skins

Fny.4502

Love the new foefire skins that popped up on Black Lion. Nice work there on those!😍

But now I'm stuck with a frustrating question: do I get the pieces I want now, or do I wait in the hopes of a package turning up that actually gathers all the different pieces, at a better price? How likely is it they will gather the pieces into one package at all? *rips hair* 

What do you think? Will they put together a package? 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I wish there were two different versions of Chest and Pants so we can pick a version with or without the buttcape. I hate that it's swapped and attached to the chest piece for Medium armor. It makes the advertisement art misleading~ then you preview it and it's like bleeeeeh why?

• Like 12
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Fny.4502 said:

Love the new foefire skins that popped up on Black Lion. Nice work there on those!😍

But now I'm stuck with a frustrating question: do I get the pieces I want now, or do I wait in the hopes of a package turning up that actually gathers all the different pieces, at a better price? How likely is it they will gather the pieces into one package at all? *rips hair* 

No proof, but I don't think they will, as selling the pieces individually maximizes their profit and is the reason they separated out all the Foefire skins in the first place.  The Foefire wraps-mantle-greaves DID appear in a package in 2017 and came back in 2018, but not since then.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Witch of Doom.5739 said:

No proof, but I don't think they will, as selling the pieces individually maximizes their profit and is the reason they separated out all the Foefire skins in the first place.  The Foefire wraps-mantle-greaves DID appear in a package in 2017 and came back in 2018, but not since then.

They also haven't done so with any of the other sets they've released a bit at a time, afaik.  I think it's much more likely, if you're going to wait, that the individual pieces will go on sale eventually.

Edit: I'm with you, Fny, those pieces look AWESOME.  Nice work, Anet!!  👍

Doggie:  I can't answer why the buttcapes are there at all, but I'm guessing that piece is attached to the top in the medium armor so that the bottoms can be mixed and matched with long-coat tops without undue clipping.  

Edited by Lyssia.4637
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Fny.4502 said:

They've never historically packaged an armor set they piece-mealaed out into the store.  You may get lucky and get individual sales, but don't expect a bundle to happen.

This marks the  second armor set that was released through the gemstore.  I thought those were supposed to be released ingame and outfits were supposed to be put into the store, but oh well.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Fny.4502 said:

They haven't with any of the others that they sold like this. There is a pattern:

• Outfits: 700 gems (you have to wear the entire outfit but you can turn off the helmet, not specific to an armor type)
  • Armor sets: 800 gems (individual pieces that you can mix and match, but only one of armor type: light, medium or heavy)
  • Individual pieces (but unlocks the light, medium and heavy variants): 400-500 gems

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Doggie.3184 said:

I wish there were two different versions of Chest and Pants so we can pick a version with or without the buttcape. I hate that it's swapped and attached to the chest piece for Medium armor. It makes the advertisement art misleading~ then you preview it and it's like bleeeeeh why?

I just noticed that too and found it disappointing. I was thinking it's cool that they've found a way to make armour pieces that fit with all 3 armour weights, then I realised they've just left a gap at the waist and moved bits around to fit each one.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I just noticed that too and found it disappointing. I was thinking it's cool that they've found a way to make armour pieces that fit with all 3 armour weights, then I realised they've just left a gap at the waist and moved bits around to fit each one.

I prefer to create looks by mixing and matching rather than just using one set that goes together and be done with it. I do have characters with outfits but some have outfits because I couldn't mix and match properly and this is the main reason. So many armor pieces don't mix and match well because they leave gaps or they go through each other and it just looks weird. It really makes it hard to mix and match. I just wish that they would bring out individual pieces that have a variety of versions just so I can match em with other things. Especially the pants and chest pieces are notorious for not matching up a lot of the time. 

4 hours ago, Doggie.3184 said:

I agree here, heavy and light are the same but medium (the one class i want to wear it) is different but due to it's item icon you expect itto be the same.
It would be great if you fix this because this just have to be a mistake.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chris.4670 said:

I agree here, heavy and light are the same but medium (the one class i want to wear it) is different but due to it's item icon you expect itto be the same.
It would be great if you fix this because this just have to be a mistake.

That's not the only case of armors changing the "cape" part for medium weight (Bear/Raven Ceremonial armors), so I doubt it's a mistake. Luckily there's the preview option so you can check how it looks on each character before buying it

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

Yes waist looks like it is sitting in a barrel and the top on heavy and light class has a gap or line with other leg pieces and with the DX 11 running it makes the clipping issues worse 

Med legs only look decent with human Assassins armor top or trench coat armor 

Edited by Biermeister.4678

I've just noticed the preview for the Foefire's Mantle (shoulders) implies the mantle is very stiff on Charrs and doesn't actually animate when you move around. Is it just the preview ?

Edit : Nevermind that, it somehow was happening to One of my character, I assume a combination of equipment I had somehow prevented it from animating, as it doesn't happen to my other charrs. Very confusing.

Edited by Naxos.2503

I can't comment on light or medium armor I haven't looked at those yet.  I love the chest, boot and gloves.  . I bought the leggings but I don't care for the buttcape at all so use something else.  Maybe it will look better on other professions. The pieces blend very well with certain infusions like frost legion or heart of khan imo.  I hope Anet puts out more armor sets like these that we can mix if we want.  Except please put out more leggings without the kilts/buttcapes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dithnir.4593 said:

Is that not a preview bug, or does it actually do that with the item itself?

It's an issue with the character models for medium armour.

Arenanet seemingly can't just split medium armour like they can with light and heavy armour, or it'd break the models in some way.

Edited by Fueki.4753

On 10/12/2021 at 12:28 PM, Fny.4502 said:

If a helm comes out, I would say there will be a bundle, but until then, I have a feeling they'll be individual sales.

I think it's unlikely we get packaged sets of individual armor pieces. There was a long time ago Anet did offer whole sets for 2000 Gems and even at that price, they said they couldn't offer it. If I wanted a set at a deal, I would just wait until individual parts are on sale ... it happens. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

It's an issue with the character models for medium armour.

Arenanet seemingly can't just split medium armour like they can with light and heavy armour, or it'd break the models in some way.

Ah, gutted. I'd have bought it otherwise, but I play a medium armour character as often as a heavy. Had hoped it would work across both.

59 minutes ago, Dithnir.4593 said:

Ah, gutted. I'd have bought it otherwise, but I play a medium armour character as often as a heavy. Had hoped it would work across both.

I don't even understand why Arenanet felt the need to make individual models for the different armour weights.

Having one model to fit all would be better and they wouldn't have needed to introduce a fourth model for the outfits.

• Confused 1

I like how they forgot about their "promise" of not selling new armor skins and now they are selling them one by one on the price of a whole set, the whole point was to have outfits replace the armors.
At least lie to me for f sake and do it properly, like a DLC black lion collection for the armor, where you need to collect some random crap from the content it got released in, at least have some dignity about the content that is produced. The Ice reaver would have been perfectly tied to IBS, it could have been used as some form of retention. This could have been used for "selling" raids as the rewards could have been given for completing the content and Arenanet to get money out of it, but no sell raid items in the gem store directly losing any meaning to them. 

How does Arenanet manages to kitten up easy sales, why are they selling armor sets for 50 bucks it costs more than the game, why sell to 10 people when you could sell it to 1000 for less  but gain more?

Also about the, but armors take so much time to make argument, well kittening make the kitten dev tools better. If there is a grand bottleneck at making the main big deal seller of the MMO, fashion, why not relocate some dev time to find a solution to the problem, 9 years, one would think Arenanet would make their job easier to do in that time.   

• Like 1
  • Confused 7