Can't launch game after the November 9, 2021 update

So, just recapping from my earlier post: for those who have issues and none of the other solutions work: make a shortcut of your gw2-64.exe on the desktop, right click -> properties ->Run : select "maximised". Game starts normaly, not in windowed mode in my case -> play as nothing would have happened. Did it succesfully a few time now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, LordMaviis.5204 said:

Same problem, anet asked me to reinstall the game. I did, and it worked... for a few hours. Now again the same issue, should i again reinstal 50gb game after their updates? thats the solution? My god...

Good that they didn't just answer- turn off and on Your PC. :🤣

P.s.- same issue here. Can't play the game. Hope it will be fixed soon.

4 minutes ago, Kristaps LV.1957 said:

Good that they didn't just answer- turn off and on Your PC. :🤣

P.s.- same issue here. Can't play the game. Hope it will be fixed soon.

yeah but i feel like they have a list of instructions 1 by 1 what to say to people, bcos after i told them " ive played the game, resterted to update and game doesnt work anymore" they asked me to check if my windows isnt corrupted and any windows problems, like they dont know wwhat i am talking about- thats update issue, update wrecked something, not my freaking windows 😄

Same for me, I can hear background music but I still see my desktop and everything is frozen,  I have to reboot, even task manager is not responding. Also i did try the repair process they have here https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/201863008-Repairing-the-Game-Client, and it froze again, (the client is not responding).

Edit: As someone mentioned in the earlier comments= ctrl shift esc for task manager, then press G on your keyboard then Delete button, to save you from reboots

Edited by ZionGal.3768

Hello guys, I've Experience an unusual action that the game patch is broken, no idea if the problem with my pc or from Anet. So the thing is that when i open the game launcher, i click login and start game and then the game won't show anything and the screen freezes until i open the task manager and end task on gw2. Please if anyone still experiencing this bug please let me know . Thanks a lot !

• Like 2

For giggles I ran repair, which did nothing as expected.  Also tried the run maximized idea above, all that did was get me a maximized error reporting window when the game crashed (but hey, at least there was an error report window that time, don't always get one).

Still the only consistent way to get in seems to be repeated attempts, and ~4th attempt will work.  The rest all just play audio with a small percentage generating the error report window.  Fairly confident now that the "fixes" we are all inventing are just coincidental to the ~4th attempt as above, and have no actual bearing on getting in the game at all.

I'm in the game again for now at least.

Yesterday after The Patch i played for a few hours without Problems.

Today i had the same Problem as the others above. Could not get into Game. Heard the Music from loading Screen but it was all just black and frozen.

The fix: force GW2 to Start in Windowed Mode worked for me. 

I don't know if this will help you, but I had the same problem yesterday. I gave up playing completely. Today I started the game without any problems ...

Edit. Forget what I just wrote ... When I tried to change my character it logged me out and I have this problem again ...

Edited by TakaSuka.9285

having the same problem since yesterday's update and did found somewhat of a fix for it,thou it needs to be done every time you open the game.you need to create a "taskkill command" on your desktop(pin it to taskbar or shortcut key it to your preference if you can't click out of the invisible stuck game[shortcut key may not work,for some reason])with this " taskkill /f /fi "status eq not responding " (if you don't know how to do it just google it as it's very simple) and open the game once,let it get to where you can hear the sound or 'till you get the "not responding" in the task manager,then click on the taskkill shortcut and it will force close the game.after that just reopen the client,get in the game and hopefully after couple seconds it'll show the char selection.
hope this helps 🙂

I play on Windows 7. The same problem has put compatibility, with Windows 7 and at the bottom of the tick. Perform this program on behalf of the administrator, and the game started playing. No problem and no dancing with a tambourine. Maybe someone will help good luck. I don't know English badly if that.

Edited by Darkstrenjer.5130

My game was working last night, but this morning it's done nothing but crash.  

Tried removing the local.dat file to rebuild in %appdata% before launching the game, and then replacing it with my original local.dat.  This only fixed the issue until I unchecked the DPI scaling option under graphics.  This seems to trigger a crash unless you are running the in Windows 8 compatibility mode. 

I was also able to get the game to run once this morning with admin mode, but it only worked once.  Then back to problems with being sent back to desktop.  

Edited by Anne Nicholl.7518
added more info

10 minutes ago, Anne Nicholl.7518 said:

Моя игра работала вчера вечером, но сегодня утром ничего не произошло, кроме сбоя.  

Пытался удалить файл local.dat для восстановления в% appdata% перед запуском игры, а затем заменить его моим исходным local.dat. Это только устранило проблему, пока я не снял флажок с опции масштабирования DPI под графикой. Кажется, это вызывает сбой, если вы не используете режим совместимости с Windows 8. 

Мне также удалось запустить игру сегодня утром в режиме администратора, но это сработало только один раз. Затем вернемся к проблемам с отправкой обратно на рабочий стол.  

It went out after this time 7 to check until the flight is normal. Compatibility + ADM right is still working.