Synergetics Cyberscale wingflap TOO LOUD!

And another reason to get this skin for me so I can annoy people with the wingflap so they can go away so I can use resource nodes, exploration stuff and services in peace. I hate when people don't move away from these as it makes me anxious to the extreme because I'm being judged all the time. 
However this might not be so nice for roleplayers then... 😕

• Haha 2
  • Confused 16
  • Sad 2

16 minutes ago, Profanity.6829 said:

Awesome yup, hands down best skin ever, worth every penny! The summoning animation it just the cherry on top. HOWever..... The passive wingflapping is WAY too loud! I like to show off my mount hovering but the loud ceiling fan noice is just too much.

Or is it just me?

Not just you. Its loud. Really loud.

...so shiny tho...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cynder.2509 said:

And another reason to get this skin for me so I can annoy people with the wingflap so they can go away so I can use resource nodes, exploration stuff and services in peace. I hate when people don't move away from these as it makes me anxious to the extreme because I'm being judged all the time. 

Brilliant thinking! "I hate it when people in an MMO dare be in my line of sight because (through my powers of mind-reading I can tell) they're DEFINITELY judging me!!1! So I'll make sure to be the most obnoxiously annoying nuisance I possibly can so they'll move away, because THAT WON'T MAKE THEM JUDGE ME!!1!"

In light of that, I will make sure to

a) never move away from resource nodes when someone is using the Synergetics Skyscale nearby.

b) judge people who do that all the harder. See, ordinarily, I don't mind a bit because I just focus on what I'm doing, and I tend to ignore mount skins because I really don't care, like 90% of everybody else who plays this game (the remaining 9% are people who appreciate others' fashion/skin/character creation choices, and the last 1% are laughable trolls). But now...just know that that person standing there. Is judging you. Real hard. Thinking judgy thoughts in your general direction. 😇

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Funky.4861 said:

That's pretty toxic behaviour Cynder. Just chill.

You know, you can call me Hunter, right? 😉 
And no, it's not toxic. Everyone else is toxic by judging me silently so that I always get anxiety and panic attacks induced by other players. I feel like I constantly have to proove myself, that I'm playing since release, have certain prestige items (which I don't show off as much as some others do because I keep the looks of my characters based on their backstory and personality) and my skill to everyone. I just want to be left alone completely without everyone approaching me all the time or not moving from certain spots like harvest nodes, traders, the mystic forge in the vip lounges, map completion points etc after they're done. I just hate that so much and so I usually spam effects around them or hover with my skyscale above them until they leave me alone and let me do whatever I need to do in peace. I hate approaching others and others approaching me. 
However it would only be toxic if I were to do that on roleplayers which I don't do. Only thing i do there is sometimes hiding somewhere observing the roleplay with interest. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Cynder.2509 said:

And no, it's not toxic. Everyone else is toxic by judging me silently so that I always get anxiety and panic attacks induced by other players. I feel like I constantly have to prove myself, that I'm playing since release, have certain prestige items (which I don't show off as much as some others do because I keep the looks of my characters based on their backstory and personality) and my skill to everyone. I just want to be left alone completely without everyone approaching me all the time or not moving from certain spots like harvest nodes, traders, the mystic forge in the vip lounges, map completion points etc after they're done. I just hate that so much and so I usually spam effects around them or hover with my skyscale above them until they leave me alone and let me do whatever I need to do in peace. I hate approaching others and others approaching me.

I am in awe of your mind-reading powers that you know everyone else is judging you silently. You know, beyond the shadow of a doubt, that EVERYONE ELSE is toxic. You know that everyone - yes, everyone, every single character who walks past or lingers at a harvest node or has their face buried in their bank - is actually looking directly at you and thinking, "Ugh, [insert Cynder's character name here] is horrible!" They are definitely not looking at their map, their bank, the wiki, another website, chatting with a friend, talking to someone in their house, AFK for a few minutes, etc. No, they are all judging you. And you specifically. And you alone.

I guarantee you that very few people are doing that, and the ones who are probably forget about you entirely in the next five seconds. I also guarantee you that if you spam effects or hover with your skyscale or be an obnoxious annoying nuisance, they absolutely will think you're...well, an obnoxious annoying nuisance. (And a good number of them will defiantly ignore you, because they'll take you to be a troll who's out to get a reaction.) Don't be what you accuse everyone else of being.

(As an aside to the OP, sorry for dragging this thread off-topic. :classic_blush: Off to the game, where I can see the new skyscale skin for myself. Speaking of which, does muting other players' unique item sounds also apply to other players' mount noises?)

• Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cynder.2509 said:

And no, it's not toxic. Everyone else is toxic by judging me silently so that I always get anxiety and panic attacks induced by other players. I feel like I constantly have to proove myself, that I'm playing since release, have certain prestige items (which I don't show off as much as some others do because I keep the looks of my characters based on their backstory and personality) and my skill to everyone. I just want to be left alone completely without everyone approaching me all the time or not moving from certain spots like harvest nodes, traders, the mystic forge in the vip lounges, map completion points etc after they're done. I just hate that so much and so I usually spam effects around them or hover with my skyscale above them until they leave me alone and let me do whatever I need to do in peace. I hate approaching others and others approaching me. 
However it would only be toxic if I were to do that on roleplayers which I don't do. Only thing i do there is sometimes hiding somewhere observing the roleplay with interest. 

There are no such things as prestige items.  In-game items have no bearing on status whatsoever.  Most of us prefer the "mundane" "common" regular stuff that isn't just adobe aftereffects on ritalin.  Most people like what they like and don't think much about what anyone else has.  I can also guarantee that I have never judged you, especially not in-game.  I can't see who's around so how can I?

Now... NPCs, yeah that's a different story.  I mean I judge those guys all the time.  Seriously, why do they just adore standing in my AoEs?  It's like they love being burned/'sploded/crushed to death or something.  

Then again, those NPC's are really just loot bags.  Squeaky, squealy, screaming things that turn into shinies.

An now, we have arrived at the true meaning of life, especially in Tyria.  Shinies.  You guys make fun of the Skritt, but they know what's up.  Shinies.  Just getting all the shinies everywhere.  Those dumb dumb squeaky squealy screaming loot bags turn into fun fun shinies.

And now you know what's in my head when I'm just running around the open world.  You have nothing to worry about concerning anyone even giving any thought to you.  We're all just doing our own thing.  

If anyone were to judge you it's only because they are insecure about themselves.  And maybe you can relate to that, knowing that if anyone really is judging it's only because they may be just like you, with the same fears and anxiety.

edit:

Back on topic

I hadn't had a chance to get into the game to check out the new skyscale skin.  If it is as loud as it is made out to be in the OP, I may have issues with that.  I rely almost exclusively on sound when playing the game, and I hope the skyscale skin doesn't drown out everything else that's important to hear.

Then again, I do love the exo-suit griffin flapping noises.   Not sure why, it's just a good tone and pitch.

Can't wait to hear what's up with the new skyscale.

Edited by Rogue.8235
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Batel.9206 said:

Brilliant thinking! "I hate it when people in an MMO dare be in my line of sight because (through my powers of mind-reading I can tell) they're DEFINITELY judging me!!1! So I'll make sure to be the most obnoxiously annoying nuisance I possibly can so they'll move away, because THAT WON'T MAKE THEM JUDGE ME!!1!"

In light of that, I will make sure to

a) never move away from resource nodes when someone is using the Synergetics Skyscale nearby.

b) judge people who do that all the harder. See, ordinarily, I don't mind a bit because I just focus on what I'm doing, and I tend to ignore mount skins because I really don't care, like 90% of everybody else who plays this game (the remaining 9% are people who appreciate others' fashion/skin/character creation choices, and the last 1% are laughable trolls). But now...just know that that person standing there. Is judging you. Real hard. Thinking judgy thoughts in your general direction. 😇

Sounds like BDP behavior to be honest.

8 hours ago, Profanity.6829 said:

Awesome yup, hands down best skin ever, worth every penny! The summoning animation it just the cherry on top. HOWever..... The passive wingflapping is WAY too loud! I like to show off my mount hovering but the loud ceiling fan noice is just too much.

Or is it just me?

I actually just came to the forum to make the same complaint.  That light sabre-esque buzzing sound on every single flap (and a quick double-buzz when using the special in addition!) is absolutely obnoxious and way too loud.  Please tone this down both how often the sound is made and its volume?  Otherwise I absolutely love this skin!  It looks really cool and those mount/dismount animations are killer!  But I'm not sure I can use it in this state.

• Like 1

Huh, I really enjoy all the sounds this skyscale makes; easily some of what I enjoy most about it. Volume wise it's fine as well - for me anyway. But I play while listening over some very nice headphones that I don't need high volume to hear all the details.

Whatever the case, sorry to read it bothers some people; but I gotta admit I hope Anet leaves it as is.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, Cynder.2509 said:

People who would be bothered by something like that, won't hear or see your skin, because they have character models/quality set to lowest in the options. I just see everyone else on the default skyscale skin, and I know a lot of people use the same lowest settings (also because higher character settings really eat up FPS).

Edited by deatine.2498
  • Like 2

Hmm. After seeing it in-game and standing near someone who was hovering just above-ground... I have to admit I didn't actually hear anything amiss? The wing-flapping noise sounded like a gentle whoosh, and while it was a bit louder than the other ambient noises, it didn't stand out as especially annoying or bothersome. Maybe I missed something.

That said, an option to mute others' mount sounds (or a volume slider for mount sounds in general) would be universally appreciated. Those of us who don't mind/don't notice, don't have to use that option - while people who do find it irritating can have the irritation removed. Win-win. 🙂

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Batel.9206 said:

an option to mute others' mount sounds (or a volume slider for mount sounds in general) would be universally appreciated.

+1 to this. I have a woobly Skyscale skin that I really enjoy, but all of its animations and idle sounds are incredibly loud and disruptive, so I always feel a bit bad about using it around other people. If they could shut that off in their settings, I'd feel a lot better and they'd be a lot happier too.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Cynder.2509 said:

So you think it's okay to eavesdrop on rp'ers but it's not ok for literally anyone else in the game to be near you or do the same thing you're doing? You really need to deal with your insecurity; i question why you'd play an mmo at all, considering that collaboration is normally rewarded. I wonder how you'd react if someone actually whispered to you that they think ur char/dyes are not to their taste.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Yeah the rest of you can bog off with your entirely typical and sensible comments. Wait, no not you Cynder. I want to know all about you. Like, in the slim possibility that you aren't pulling an absolutely artful troll of the 'gentler' side of the GW2 community, what are they giving you and can I get some?

Edited by nosleepdemon.1368
  • Haha 3

It's unfortunate that Hunter has riled people up here, but I suspect he has his reasons; I can take a guess, but it's not for me to post my thoughts on his personality, and he'll share if he feels comfortable.

But I would say it's better to try and understand someone's viewpoint rather than automatically ridicule and dismiss it. A little empathy helps everyone get along better in the long term 🙂

While Hunter's views and experiences may sound completely alien to you, try to put yourselves in his shoes and understand how such things might adversely affect certain people.

• Thanks 1

On 11/30/2021 at 8:00 PM, Cynder.2509 said:

You do know that the vast majority of people aren’t silently judging you, right? The vast majority aren’t paying attention to you at all.

• Like 1