Anyone else underwhelmed by Jade bots?

3 hours ago, AgentMoore.9453 said:

Pairs well with the various 'I love/am overjoyed with a feature that I haven't tested yet' threads, no? People are allowed to feel differently about things, and the forum is meant for the expression of that. You knew what this thread was when you chose to click it. If you're searching for a more positive discussion, perhaps you could start a positive thread in which to share your thoughts with like-minded players or visit one of these existing topics?

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/107696-im-interested-in-learning-what-you-guys-are-looking-forward-to-most-in-end-of-dragons/#comments
https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/107704-the-end-of-dragons-music-so-far/
https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/107805-kaineng-city-of-griffons/?tab=comments
https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/107384-jade-tech-mastery-speculations-and-discussion/#comments
https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/107604-poll/?tab=comments

That's fair.  In all fairness, I'm equally skeptical of the raves: I don't have enough information one way or another to feel any sort of way. My main issue lies with the unfairness either way: for or against. It's still an unfounded judgement based on, for the most part, visual and inference. I have no issue with opinions, although it does seem that way and I apologize for that. I just get so frustrated when people judge one way or another without first experiencing it for themselves. I hope this makes sense, my brain sucks. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, DeanBB.4268 said:

I'm hoping this is an expanding mastery, like mounts were. New chapters will bring new modules.

Of course they will - definitely expect more of the jewelcrafting upgrades. They may also treat it exactly like mounts, opening up a companion system where different companions offer different core abilities and each one with its own equipment upgrades and level (companion/mastery level).

• Like 1

The thing that came to my mind after I watched the trailer and saw the posts was "oh great, like we don't have enough light effects, now we gonna have dozens of green light bugs all over the place when there's a meta, so you can be sure you can't see what you're doing."

I mean, they're cute, but are they customizable. as in color and maybe models? Because just having something that everybody else has doesn't make it in any way covetable.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Anyandrell.6238 said:

The thing that came to my mind after I watched the trailer and saw the posts was "oh great, like we don't have enough light effects, now we gonna have dozens of green light bugs all over the place when there's a meta, so you can be sure you can't see what you're doing."

I mean, they're cute, but are they customizable. as in color and maybe models? Because just having something that everybody else has doesn't make it in any way covetable.

You should watch the Guild Chat video.  It addresses all your concerns.  (No 'green light bugs all over', no skins.) 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Anyandrell.6238 said:

Yea this proves you dident watch the stream as they said they will be hidden unless doing a function, so yes you might see a bot here and there scaning a corpse during the meta but it wont be a flood of them.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

Just now, Anyandrell.6238 said:

Sorry, I don't watch guild chat and streams. I got things to do and when it's my time to relax watching something I have other interests that have priority.

This is fair; much easier to watch a two minute trailer than sit through a 45-minute stream. Quite a few people wait instead for the bullet point lists that typically appear on Reddit and other GW2 forums after these promos. I usually watch the entire official stream, but the presenters often ramble, seem quite uncomfortable on camera, and occasionally directly contradict one another in terms of information offered. In most cases, it's more efficient to just let someone else sit through the mayhem and distill it for you after.

30 minutes ago, Anyandrell.6238 said:

I mean, they're cute, but are they customizable. as in color and maybe models?

No. When they talk about customizable, they mean you'll be able to get them to perform different functions or apply different bonuses in various areas of the game.

They explained that the bots are essentially skill effects and therefore they haven't included skin capabilities for them (at least right now), so you'll be seeing them whenever someone activates their bot skills. They appear and vanish like gathering tool effects, so if you're annoyed by the lasers and explosions that currently appear when other players mine mithril nodes, you'll be annoyed by this as well. They will also most likely be more widespread, since most of the skills do not seem to require a node to activate (think mail carrier effects, as those can also appear anywhere in the world).

The devs admitted that they're aware of the screen clutter which is why the bots don't persistently hover at your side, but they didn't provide any way of limiting or hiding other people's bots on your screen. At best, you can pull the power core out of your own bot and it won't appear. When EoD comes out, observing how often the bots appear during the course of normal play and whether they noticeably affect my game performance is something I'm going to be monitoring closely - hopefully ArenaNet will be doing the same.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

To be honest? i would rather not have them. 1st its a powercreep, that will make past content even easier, 2nd its not content (and we have really bad example of minis/minions that gives power with Aion for example). and 3rd, but not least, i was really hoping for them to bring things that made GW1 Factions great, and that was huge loved and played like: Faction wars (kurz vs luxon), Owned cities for the alliances with most pts, Jade Quarry, Fort Aspenwood etc... and well im ending with a little sensation of disappointment, i wont completly judge until the release, but it feels kinda a waste of a expansion for what it could have been to what it is.

PD: And even if the strikes are great and the open maps too. It will still feel a waste without the things i mentioned above.

Edited by Izzy.2951
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

On 2/12/2022 at 5:11 PM, Anyandrell.6238 said:

Sorry, I don't watch guild chat and streams. I got things to do and when it's my time to relax watching something I have other interests that have priority.

Then don't try to contribute to the discussion? It's that simple.

Edited by lezbefriends.7516
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 5

On 2/11/2022 at 3:28 PM, Aeon.4583 said:

If Jade Bot will not have food\utility auto-consume\auto-renew, then there is no use for it.

While doing open world metas, most memorable thing is: food\utility usage every 30 mins.

That bot could have one slot for food and and one for utilities. On malnourished and diminished effect it will consume one portion of respective food\utility to renew the effect. If it won't. Bleh.

I actually don't hate this idea, but I also don't like the idea that it would - in theory - auto drop an ascended feast every time I run out of the buff.

I only use asc food when I'm in fractals or raids, but sometimes I take those characters into story or open world to do collections and such. When the food runs out there I have no interest in renewing it, thus dropping an asc feast is just a waste of ~30s.

Maybe pairing it with junk food or the 9th bday feast would be an idea. The other issue here is primers and how those would be worked in.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Maybe they will add jeweling 400-500 (last one where grandmaster tier is missing) - and some consumable stuff ("fuel" for the bot) related to this?

Didn't read a lot of info about EoD - besides just trying the new elite specs for a few mins during the beta events. Looking forward to the bot. But I bet it will just be something "nice to have" (not a "must have") - and getting boring/old fast ... together with the other stuff. (Skiffs and fishing probably boring and grindy quickly.)

Edited by Luthan.5236
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

On the contrary, I'm a lot more excited for Jade Bots than I am for Skiffs and Fishing. I loved the way ANet made it so that Jade Bots actually enhance a lot of your existing masteries so they don't become redundant. (For instance, while gliding still has its uses now and again, it has largely been superseded by Griffon and Skyscale for aerial traversal.) I don't know what else they might have planned for Jade Bots and how integrated they'll be with stuff like raids/strikes/fractals, but stuff like the Vitality boost or the Rescue Protocol mastery could potentially open the doors to many more casual players that might have been hesitant to do endgame content before. It's similar to how, back at launch, dungeons were largely ignored by the casual PvE base because it was just too hard for them in their mismatched Exotic (or even Rare) gear, but after HoT arrives, the power creep afforded by Ascended gear and elite specs meant that even non-meta players could still perform adequately in dungeons. It could grant a new lease of life to raids and other older content that have been underutilized in terms of giving more players the chance to go back and do stuff that was too hard for them before, thereby prolonging the life of GW2 in general.

Edited by Zaxares.5419
  • Thanks 2

On 2/14/2022 at 7:49 AM, Izzy.2951 said:

To be honest? i would rather not have them. 1st its a powercreep, that will make past content even easier, 2nd its not content (and we have really bad example of minis/minions that gives power with Aion for example). and 3rd, but not least, i was really hoping for them to bring things that made GW1 Factions great, and that was huge loved and played like: Faction wars (kurz vs luxon), Owned cities for the alliances with most pts, Jade Quarry, Fort Aspenwood etc... and well im ending with a little sensation of disappointment, i wont completly judge until the release, but it feels kinda a waste of a expansion for what it could have been to what it is.

PD: And even if the strikes are great and the open maps too. It will still feel a waste without the things i mentioned above.

Pretty sure I remember seeing something about them needing energy to function. And I think they said the energy doesn't persist on map transition, so unless they go put these energy nodes in and around all the old content then these things are entirely useless outside of EoD maps. Kills their usefulness for me, but it means your first point about power creep at least isn't an issue.