End of Dragons hidden mount

On 2/10/2022 at 7:49 PM, kharmin.7683 said:

What possible mode of travel could be put into place that isn't already covered by the existing mounts? 

A fish mount, skimmer is fast above water but slow under water, since its a secret mount there's nothing much to expect. Just a fish/uw Dino mount which swims fast. Would make it more sensible as we will have underwater and above events. 

Edited by Blue D Phoenix.7260
  • Like 2
  • Confused 6

4 hours ago, LucianDK.8615 said:

Horses do not exist in Tyria.

Yes, they do: https://i.imgur.com/niczBVr.jpg

5 hours ago, XBlackCrow.6427 said:

Do you think will we have a hidden mount in this expansion like it was in PoF? I would love a horse mount due to a recent horse conspirancy.

I have been waiting for a Horse skin for ages, e.g. for the Raptor or the Warclaw. I can imagine them throwing in a Kirin skin with Cantha.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

We kind of have all bases covered:

• Raptor: Horizontal Movement
  • Springer: Vertical Movement
  • Jackal: Horizontal Movement & Teleport
  • Skimmer: Water Movement (Surface & Underwater)
  • Griffon: Glider Movement (Skill & Terrain Based)
  • Roller Beetle: Horizontal Movement (Skill & Terrain Based)
  • Skyscale: Axis Movement
  • Warclaw: Horizontal Movement (Combat in WvW Only)
  • Siege Turtle: Axis Movement (Combat in PvE)
  • Skiff: Water Movement (Surface)

Only thing I could see them adding are things similar to the Skiff where it's a new mount doing a variation of something an old mount can do or adding in more Mastery skills (most likely covered by the Jade Bot).

49 minutes ago, Geoff Fey.1035 said:

We kind of have all bases covered:

• Raptor: Horizontal Movement
  • Springer: Vertical Movement
  • Jackal: Horizontal Movement & Teleport
  • Skimmer: Water Movement (Surface & Underwater)
  • Griffon: Glider Movement (Skill & Terrain Based)
  • Roller Beetle: Horizontal Movement (Skill & Terrain Based)
  • Skyscale: Axis Movement
  • Warclaw: Horizontal Movement (Combat in WvW Only)
  • Siege Turtle: Axis Movement (Combat in PvE)
  • Skiff: Water Movement (Surface)

Only thing I could see them adding are things similar to the Skiff where it's a new mount doing a variation of something an old mount can do or adding in more Mastery skills (most likely covered by the Jade Bot).

What about a horse mount with new skills like make some attacks from the mount or make a charge agaisnt enemy, it would be interesting for WvW for example.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 4

4 hours ago, Blue D Phoenix.7260 said:

A fish mount, skimmer is fast about water but slow in water, since its a secret mount there's nothing much to expect. Just a fish/uw Dino mount which swims fast. Would make it more sensible as we will have underwater and above events. 

The skimmer can already swim underwater and there are swim speed infusions already in game.

A flying skiff-equivelant would be sort of interesting I guess.  Something like a slower skyscale that can be used by up to 5 people. A mini airship or something like that.

But do I think it's likely and adds a lot to the game? Not really. But I guess it does have some amount of coolness factor to it. 

3 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

I have been waiting for a Horse skin for ages, e.g. for the Raptor or the Warclaw. I can imagine them throwing in a Kirin skin with Cantha.

Based on what we got with the pepegasus skin, hard pass from me on the horse. Kirin might be more promising.

Edited by voltaicbore.8012
  • Like 1

Hidden mount would be nice, just to make all the who people says "EoD has no content" stay silent.

I can only see 1 type of mount that has been added into the game and that is a flying mount. But adding such mount would totally powercreep Skyscale Griffin Raptor, Springer and gliders so there's no chance Anet would add them. 

• Confused 3

1 hour ago, Alcatraznc.3869 said:

Hidden mount would be nice, just to make all the who people says "EoD has no content" stay silent.

I can only see 1 type of mount that has been added into the game and that is a flying mount. But adding such mount would totally powercreep Skyscale Griffin Raptor, Springer and gliders so there's no chance Anet would add them. 

Nah a tunneling mount would be something to possibly add (we already got two different flying mounts), something for people who want to avoid combat.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Nah a tunneling mount would be something to possibly add (we already got two different flying mounts), something for people who want to avoid combat.

I was just coming here to suggest a tunneling mount, you beat me to it! 🙂

Bonus skill: it can make a giant hole for mobs to fall into...yoink! bye!

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Kaliwenda.3428 said:

I was just coming here to suggest a tunneling mount, you beat me to it! 🙂

Bonus skill: it can make a giant hole for mobs to fall into...yoink! bye!

Let's hope it doesn't run on oil and mention the revolution every few secs... 😉

Wouldn't put it past them to have a secret dredge encampment somewhere with a quest/collection hub for a mount like this, though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2