Apply stealth to miniatures

Colin.4568

8 hours ago, Colin.4568 said:

If the owner is stealthed, then so should be the miniature. This would also help your own messaging system by removing 1/10th of the messages in WvW.

Umm no?  Minis are the first indicator of whether or not the enemy player in front of you is an actual WvW player or just a pip farmer.  Without this, how will us solo roamers know if we can easily win a 1v4 or not?? We don't just want visible minis alongside stealthed players in WvW, we NEED visible minis alongside stealthed players in WvW!

And how would this help the messaging system??  Minis are probably used by less than 3% of the players in WvW including all the pip-farmers, afkers, and PvErs...and that's honestly probably a high estimate.  I haven't seen anyone with a mini in WvW in the past several months.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

Honestly I think minis should be disabled by default in WvW, there is no real reason for them to be out in that content and the only reason mine ever is is because I CBA to turn it off every time I go there and turn it back on when I leave.

I'd love it if my mini auto disables when going to WvW and auto enables when I go back to PvE.

Or hell, flat out disabling them completely in WvW wouldn't be a bad idea either, they only add to the screen clutter there anyway.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Yo, don't remove my mini. I've had him as my little buddy for 8 years. To heck with all of you hating on them.

In all seriousness, I think the best option would be to make them invisible strictly to enemy players. 

I personally like having the option to use toys in WvW. As long as it isn't affecting combat, I see no reason for it to be removed.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, LSD.4673 said:

Why do people even use them to begin with? It's just a dumping ground of used and unused character models.

Why do people stack Infusions.

Why do PvP players think the only dye that exists is Shadow Abyss.

Why do people use Titles that have no prestige.

The answer to all of those is that people like them.

I understand Minis have an effect on performance, but they're disabled by default when there are enough players on the map. There's no reason to want them removed other than people thinking they're pointless.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Shroud.2307 said:

Yo, don't remove my mini. I've had him as my little buddy for 8 years. To heck with all of you hating on them.

In all seriousness, I think the best option would be to make them invisible strictly to enemy players. 

I personally like having the option to use toys in WvW. As long as it isn't affecting combat, I see no reason for it to be removed.

That would be ok with me as well.

I really like mini's, could even call me a casual collector to some degree (I have around 60% of them all)
They're just a bit annoying in competitive if you have to manually turn them on and off all the time.

On 2/25/2022 at 9:19 PM, Ronin.4501 said:

Umm no?  Minis are the first indicator of whether or not the enemy player in front of you is an actual WvW player or just a pip farmer.  Without this, how will us solo roamers know if we can easily win a 1v4 or not?? We don't just want visible minis alongside stealthed players in WvW, we NEED visible minis alongside stealthed players in WvW!

And how would this help the messaging system??  Minis are probably used by less than 3% of the players in WvW including all the pip-farmers, afkers, and PvErs...and that's honestly probably a high estimate.  I haven't seen anyone with a mini in WvW in the past several months.

Got me thinking, if you were running a build that didn't use stealth. Might be a good trap. Enemy sees miniatures, thinks it will be an easy fight... Hey, could even be a non stealth group using noisy mini's like the super banana. They can't know what they're doing... Might try that some day.

As for messaging, I never thought that was a problem anyway. We're allowed to chat. Nothing against when the PvEers say, "[Gift Of Battle] yay I can stop playing WvW now." but a message saying "Just so you know, if you stealth with your mini enabled enemies will see it." Is a lot more helpful, especially if the player with the mini genuinely wants to learn WvW. The chat box is there to be used.

I was wondering about legendary effects. What I see with my scrapper holding Juggernaut https://i.imgur.com/0LGZMmG.jpg

Hopefully that isn't what the enemy sees. My WvW scrapper doesn't use Juggernaut anyway, had Zojja's Warhammer, transmuted to Super Hammer long before I got Juggernaut. And just kept using it. Even if that is what they see, Juggernaut is free to transmute.

With how easy minis are to hide similar principle. hey, minis have always been free to hide, free legendary transmutes is a more recent addition. If I go in to battle with Juggernaut, if my armour is shown in stealth and I can't be bothered to transmute it for free  to a hammer without effects, then, hey, my fault enemies can see me. Feel free to run with a mini in WvW, but accept that enemies will see it.

Edited by Sinmir.6504