The lack of new enemy models with each new content patch

Those luminescent grubs truly adapt to every situation. They're on every continent.

The grubs, the spiders, the moas...And then it's the same elemental models. The same dragon minions. 

Hell, even during this brand new story with the Void, all enemy models were just regular monsters we've already faced but with a void touch on them.

It all feels very recycled. It's not exciting at all, exploring the new, long forgotten continent only to face the same monsters I've seen a thousand times already, alongside human characters with a different outfit.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 4

So let's look at the real world here.

Spiders are on every continent, except Antarctica. Flies actually are on every continent, including Antarctica. There are big cats in Asia, Africa, the Americas and Europe. There are canines on all continents, again except on Antarctica. Birds are on every continent as well. You can find bears everywhere, except Australia and Antarctica. I guess Mother Nature is recycling her models too. 😉

In other words, it's really not that strange. In fact, I think it helps give the entire world of Tyria the feel that it is the same world we're playing in and not some place where everything is different and nothing familiar from other parts of the world can be found. I mean, it's a great avenue for creatives to go all out on creating something completely different and new, but that's only likely if Tyria has no continental drift, meaning all continents have been separated forever. That's when you get unique flora and fauna on different continents. So similar looking creatures on all continents is quite normal.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 9

55 minutes ago, TheNecrosanct.4028 said:

No let's not. It's a fantasy world. I'd like different fictional beasts and monsters on every few maps.

Even more so when continent, oceans and hundreds of years separate them.

Of all MMOs I've played, I genuinely believe GW2 to have the lowest monster diversity of all. I've recently finished the EOD story, and the only new model I've seen has been the salt spray dragon and that's it. Everything else was just things I've seen before.

WoW does a lot of thing wrong, especially for the past 6 years, but at least every zone has its own unique foes that we've never seen before. Even if obviously they'll add the usual bear and whatnot every now and then, there's still a good chunk of new models to discover. 

Just give us some goblins or something.

• Like 5
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 8

1 hour ago, TheNecrosanct.4028 said:

You can find bears everywhere, except Australia and Antarctica.

Hah! I'm pretty sure there are bears in Australian zoos. They may not be native to the area but I'm sure they are living comfortable lives being pampered. Not to mention Koala bears ( just a technicality they're not real bears).

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, TheNecrosanct.4028 said:

Spiders are on every continent, except Antarctica. Flies actually are on every continent, including Antarctica. There are big cats in Asia, Africa, the Americas and Europe. There are canines on all continents, again except on Antarctica. Birds are on every continent as well. You can find bears everywhere, except Australia and Antarctica. I guess Mother Nature is recycling her models too. 😉

In other words, it's really not that strange. In fact, I think it helps give the entire world of Tyria the feel that it is the same world we're playing in and not some place where everything is different and nothing familiar from other parts of the world can be found. I mean, it's a great avenue for creatives to go all out on creating something completely different and new, but that's only likely if Tyria has no continental drift, meaning all continents have been separated forever. That's when you get unique flora and fauna on different continents. So similar looking creatures on all continents is quite normal.

Yeah, because there are only 1-2 spider species worldwide ...
Changing existing models when entering a new continent should be the least you can do.

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

38 minutes ago, Fuchslein.8639 said:

Yeah, because there are only 1-2 spider species worldwide ...
Changing existing models when entering a new continent should be the least you can do.

There are new mobs like kirin, phoenix, wallow, etc. Not everything has to be totally different, although more will be better.

• Thanks 1

You should start looking at the mobs first, maybe eod isn't the most diverse, but saying saltspay dragon is the only new model is a lie and show you didn't even looked at the mobs

I mean, they even changed the model for the undead, they were not obliged to do so, but they did

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Reskinning is there for sure, but claiming not much is new shows you need to pay better attention. 

when you take your time exploring, you’ll find many beautiful places with so many new details. kirin is really good. I was bummed and surprised they didn’t add them as ranger pets. And ofc the saltspray dragons. Kuunavang is amazing. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

19 hours ago, Aodlop.1907 said:

The same dragon minions. 

Hell, even during this brand new story with the Void, all enemy models were just regular monsters we've already faced but with a void touch on them.

That's the point of the Void stuff to begin with. It's a corrupted amalgamation of all the Dragon magics. Of course the minions it creates are corrupted versions of the ones of the dragons created.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 7

Well... consider how the story go, some but not all dragon minions you met now concentrated in 1 map, where else would you find them together? May not be that different but they differ in group composition

Also how did you miss Jade golems, Giant walking hippie tree and Nagas?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I am very confused here because i do not see any problems with recycled monster minions. I mean every game does this. I really think people are just burn out from playing alot and they see they same models every map. Like for example world boss octovine its the same model everytime you do the meta no different model.

Okay, name me one game mmo that have different monster models from different map. i think every game like this recycled monster model. For example i play wow and i see spider monster every map same model. I think Guild Wars 2 do pretty good job with minion monster model than wowcraft... wowcraft have same minion monster model everymap and expansion copy paste fiesta new expansion dragonblight trailer show that too alot copypaste. that is why i quit wow so many copypaste fiesta.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 4/20/2022 at 10:35 PM, Aodlop.1907 said:

I've recently finished the EOD story, and the only new model I've seen has been the salt spray dragon and that's it. Everything else was just things I've seen before.

I've seens some total bollocks posted on this forum, but this is really taking total bollocks and gold plating it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 4/20/2022 at 2:35 PM, Aodlop.1907 said:

WoW does a lot of thing wrong, especially for the past 6 years, but at least every zone has its own unique foes that we've never seen before. Even if obviously they'll add the usual bear and whatnot every now and then, there's still a good chunk of new models to discover. 

Just give us some goblins or something.

Playing FFXIV also made me appreciate WoW's new models even more. In the latest FFXIV expansion, you fight a new type of enemy called Blashemies, but except for that troll that ate that one guy in a cutscene, literally all of them were mobs you had fought before in the last two expansions. They couldn't even be bothered to recolor them.

• Like 2