10th Birthday is soon - can we get a special title to honor & highlight a full decade?

25 minutes ago, Hashberry.4510 said:

Please no more troll cake items

I really like the cake!

In fact, I'd like the main 10th gift to be something similarly community themed. Maybe something along the lines of buffing the armour stats of group members to Ascended quality while they're in a group with you, or something along those lines.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

Honestly it'd be cool to get something extra if you played GW1 and got any of the hall of monuments titles that carried over to your gw2 account.  Something like "here is a cool thing you'll love for giving us so much of your time and money instead of going outside and being healthy" 😜 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

You can see previous birthday gifts here: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Birthday_Gift 

The 10th birthday gift will almost certainly include a title because every previous year has, the weapon pack because no one will have a full set yet, a choice of delectable birthday dye because those colours are exclusive to the birthday gift and there's 6 so they're probably planning to give it out for 6 years so we can get all of them. There will probably be a new thing as well, like the rock or the cake feast. (And then the individual character gifts, like the birthday booster, card, black lion statuettes etc.)

I'm not sure what the new thing will be. I'd say a skiff or fishing rod skin seems logical, but then I thought a mount skin would be logical after PoF was released and we haven't had one yet. I imagine they'll want to do something big for the 10th anniversary, but that could be lots of 'little' things rather than 1 big thing, or they could be planning something for all players which will be the focus rather than the 10th birthday gifts.

(Also I like the cake gun and feast too, although I agree that making them novelties would be good. I think they're fun and they're a good substitute for times when I forget food or it doesn't seem worth using what I've got.)

Edited by Danikat.8537
  • Like 2

On 5/2/2022 at 7:04 PM, Raknar.4735 said:

I just hope it's something interesting.

Me too!

On 5/2/2022 at 5:02 PM, Wielder Of Magic.3950 said:

I want a new chest armor for the 10th birthday, being a t-shirt that says "I spent 10 years in Tyria and all I got was this stupid T-shirt!"

Genius! 😂

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

On 5/3/2022 at 2:52 AM, GuriGashi.5617 said:

I just hope they add something that you can see immediately, because I quite enjoy seeing & meeting veterants of the game :v

A red title would be optimal in my eyes 😬

You have no guarantee that veterans will be using said title.

I personally only use GWAMM.

On 5/4/2022 at 11:06 AM, Cookieplump.4921 said:

The title for 10th is 'Unwavering’ unless they decide to change it like 9th

The 9th was changed because it was the same as a raiding title that was already in the game.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Honestly, after the disappointment from the 9th birthday, I expect the 10th birthday to be just as forgettable.

There are things I would like for it to give, sure, but they aren't things that the devs would give even though they totally could.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

• 1 month later...
49 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Public test server doesn't always get the players what they want.  See SWToR and 7.0 update as a prime example.

There's nothing in the world that is guaranteed.

It'd be more useful than one dye for one character, though. 😄

• Like 4
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

There's nothing in the world that is guaranteed.

It'd be more useful than one dye for one character, though. 😄

How so?  Players have made complaints about various things and how often have ArenaNet acted upon them versus not?  Look at the balance patch previews. How often have ArenaNet backed out of any changes prior to them going live. 

A test server has additional costs and the majority of people are horrible at giving useful information to act upon.  

A test server has nothing to do with the birthday rewards anyway so I don’t see why this has to be randomly injected into the thread when a separate one could have been made instead. 

Edited by mythical.6315
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

23 minutes ago, mythical.6315 said:

How so?  Players have made complaints about various things and how often have ArenaNet acted upon them versus not?  Look at the balance patch previews. How often have ArenaNet backed out of any changes prior to them going live. 

A test server has additional costs and the majority of people are horrible at giving useful information to act upon.  

A test server has nothing to do with the birthday rewards anyway so I don’t see why this has to be randomly injected into the thread when a separate one could have been made instead. 

Because metrics.

But really, it was just intended as a light-hearted response. Kinda like the equivalent of answering "What to do you want for your birthday?" with "I want a pony!"

My apologies for the lead balloon.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 3
  • Confused 4