4th Expansion villain idea, yay or nay...

greedywholesome.9081

15 minutes ago, Infinity.2876 said:

Regurgitate joko?

Yikes! 😂

19 minutes ago, Zebulous.2934 said:

Actually, since they sorta skipped over amber tech, Let her use that.  Yellow orange is a more bearable color for me.  Besides I am also tired of Fluorescent green, fire, and ice themes.

I'd take fire and ice over any tech-related nonsense that is ruining Tyria for me. I hope we have seen the last of jade-tech once they are done with Cantha.

We already live in a fully technologized world. I don't need that in my fantasy games as well.

I expect mystery and magic, not magi-tech or high-tech all over the place. It's lazy design to spare the devs from creating additional content like dialogue scenes (now skipped thanks to comm devices) or investigative side quests (because now technology can provide most answers through NPCs like Taima, Gorrik and others who simply use computers to come up with results).

I hope they will go back to the roots of Guild Wars instead of progressing further in that direction.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

13 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Yikes! 😂

I'd take fire and ice over any tech-related nonsense that is ruining Tyria for me. I hope we have seen the last of jade-tech once they are done with Cantha.

We already live in a fully technologized world. I don't need that in my fantasy games as well.

I expect mystery and magic, not magi-tech or high-tech all over the place. It's lazy design to spare the devs from creating additional content like dialogue scenes (now skipped thanks to comm devices) or investigative side quests (because now technology can provide most answers through NPCs like Taima, Gorrik and others who simply use computers to come up with results).

I hope they will go back to the roots of Guild Wars instead of progressing further in that direction.

hrm, I consider glowey runes to be magitech.  Even what the Flame legion shamans were doing seemed to me like biotech combined with fire somehow. (lanky, ashen, charr with orange-hot glowing body parts. Frankly some of them looked undead, but seemed to be alive and without pain.)
Besides it could work in your favor.  Perhaps the new "tech" creates too much interference and Comm devices simply don't work around it.  Oh they can try to find a way around the interference, but just let the attempt fail, because story.  The story could use a bit of actual setbacks and outright failures.  It would be more interesting if the heroes simply can't figure some stuff out.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Yikes! 😂

You do know that Charr, Asura and Dredge tech was there (prominently) in core GW2 right? And also things like Hylek alchemy or the Divinity's Reach orrery.

Even GW1 prophecies had Dwarven tech (with Asura tech of course being added in EotN). 

Guild Wars is simply a fantasy - tech mix, at least GW2. You can dislike that but it's a bit late for that to change. 

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, Diovid.9506 said:

You do know that Charr, Asura and Dredge tech was there (prominently) in core GW2 right?

I'm sick and tired of that same old lame argument. I have played the game, I don't need to be reminded of its contents. Everytime I hear this **** being repeated by tech-fans, I am wondering the same thing:

Are you seriously trying to compare the amount of old tech and what little impact it had on our journey with what we are seeing now in Cantha?? 🤨

The stupid comm devices were introduced late on and were annoying as it was, but nowadays we are swimming in an ocean of high-tech and it's omnipresent in everything we do!

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 4
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 3

Something more ... normal ... would be more to my taste. An organization with no real super boss that you'd just have to fight in a big endfight. Actually ... the Sclarlet thing was not that bad - cause it was build up slowly I think. (And I also liked season 2 - slowly uncovering information.)

The detective agency with Rama, Marjory and Gorrik - should play a major role I guess.

Edited by Luthan.5236
  • Like 2

I think it's time for Isgarren and wizard tower. Isgarren has turned villagers to elementals (or that how it looked) and we never stopped him/her/it. Next season can be many little stories, than one big. It can reveal many mysteries left untouched.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

I'm sick and tired of that same old lame argument. I have played the game, I don't need to be reminded of its contents. Everytime I hear this **** being repeated by tech-fans, I am wondering the same thing:

Are you seriously trying to compare the amount of old tech and what little impact it had on our journey with what we are seeing now in Cantha?? 🤨

Such a small impact when we flying around on the Glory of Tyria and killed Zhaitan with laser cannons.

But it's true there is more tech in Cantha than there is, on average, in core Tyria. However there is not more tech in Cantha than there is in the starting city of one of the core races i.e. Rata Sum. In fact, I'd argue that there is more tech in Rata Sum than there is, on average, in Cantha. So.. I still don't see where the problem you have nor the intensity you display are coming from. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, Diovid.9506 said:

Such a small impact when we flying around on the Glory of Tyria and killed Zhaitan with laser cannons.

But it's true there is more tech in Cantha than there is, on average, in core Tyria. However there is not more tech in Cantha than there is in the starting city of one of the core races i.e. Rata Sum. In fact, I'd argue that there is more tech in Rata Sum than there is, on average, in Cantha. So.. I still don't see where the problem you have nor the intensity you display are coming from. 

I can't speak for everyone, but personally the issue I have is how the tech transforms the theme of the world of Tyria. For definition sake I must note that I do not consider wands, staffs, effigy's, etc... to be the problem because while they may be magi-tech based on definition, their theming is based mostly in the fantasy genre. In GW1 magi-tech was almost always fantasy themed, though there are always exceptions.

Even in initial GW2, when the Asura went completely sci-fi themed, they were only one of 5 main races which were very different and I would consider human, norn, and Sylvari to still be very fantasy themed initially, with the Charr obviously being steampunk. The world of Tyria was very much a mix of themes throughout and that made it more bearable, but then we get to End of Dragons and it is Sci-fi tech everywhere all the time in your face.

On 5/18/2022 at 10:52 AM, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Ok. Hear me out. 

How about no villian for a season? 

No smash😡 Yes explore 😍

Lul, turn all of Tyria into the largest FFA arena in the world.... for a day (Interesting April Fools Joke) in return for a valuable drop. Imagine all the publicity Anet would get. 

• Like 1

Off topic for a bit; My very first character was a charr mesmer and jumping puzzles were extra difficult for me. Then I created an Asura immediately afterwards and wanted to smash my head through the monitor due to how easy it was and why I was punishing my self for no reason. 

I still love Charr but Asuras are my fave. 

I also Charrior in PvP - all 4 specs coz, IDK, bored and a little masochistic. Oh and I like to fckkkqq over willbenders. 

Edited by greedywholesome.9081
  • Like 2

I hate to use non lore reasons to specualte about future lore, but reality is that is is not likely that Zojja is going to return for any major recurring role. The voice actress Felicia Day is one of the more renown voice actresses. This means she is likely expensive and has to be booked far ahead of time.
This could only be resolved by changing the voice actress. but I do believe that will also meet some resistance from the crowd.

On 5/19/2022 at 10:04 AM, Ashantara.8731 said:

one of my criticisms of EOD is precisely because it seems like a poor celebration of the current status quo of American society:

- Big Tech tycoon making everyone happy with hyper-automation.

however some lines emphasizing joon's fortune, makes me believe that at some point it was thought to develop plot about the "dark side" of the whole thing, a plot that was probably abandoned/rushed.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 5/21/2022 at 1:30 AM, ugrakarma.9416 said:

one of my criticisms of EOD is precisely because it seems like a poor celebration of the current status quo of American society:

however some lines emphasizing joon's fortune, makes me believe that at some point it was thought to develop plot about the "dark side" of the whole thing, a plot that was probably abandoned/rushed.

I have a suspicion they're setting something up there, actually. There have been a few comments about Joon's monopoly, and a comment by Chul-Moo suggests that the Jade Brotherhood is a criminal organisation at least in part because there are legal barriers to competing with Xunlai Jade.

Could even tie into political intrigue against the Empress, particularly from Purists (a 'symptom of an underlying disease') if it's perceived that Joon gained her monopoly because she was the Empress's half-sister.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We need some kind of villain that will render Aurene "void" in the struggle... our role as Champion with the last remaining Elder Dragon is far too biased power-wise and I'd rather see us take on a new threat or challenge where Aurene is out of the loop.

Is there a way we could see Menzies pose a threat; Balthazar is dead, the other Gods have left Tyria, the Elder Dragons are gone, the way is paved for the Lord of Destruction to take his Shadow Army to the surface and challenge for power over all of Tyria.

6 hours ago, Dondarrion.2748 said:

We need some kind of villain that will render Aurene "void" in the struggle... our role as Champion with the last remaining Elder Dragon is far too biased power-wise and I'd rather see us take on a new threat or challenge where Aurene is out of the loop.

Is there a way we could see Menzies pose a threat; Balthazar is dead, the other Gods have left Tyria, the Elder Dragons are gone, the way is paved for the Lord of Destruction to take his Shadow Army to the surface and challenge for power over all of Tyria.

I'm fairly sure Menzies is dead, killed by Balthazar between GW1 and GW2, which led to Balthazar's bordem, and desire for something to fight, and thus his imprisonment.

Though something God/Mist demon related makes sense for the next big Xpack villain.

• Like 1

On 5/20/2022 at 11:30 PM, ugrakarma.9416 said:

Agree with you so much omg. Now terms like "Muskism" exist and the exchanges between Musk and Bezos on twitter are super cringe. 

Bill Gates and Warren Buffet both came from old money so they're nowhere near as obnoxious. Mark Z despite ppl calling him evil, I admire tons. Dude knows how to surround himself with the right ppl and thrive in the gray area. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/20/2022 at 10:30 AM, ugrakarma.9416 said:

I hope they revisit this. The back part of Kaineng that feeds into Echovald is already more or less a garbage processing area, and the city around it seems to be suffering for it. The middle of Echovald is literally a giant dump, where Xunlai Jade seems content to just throw worn out tech and used batteries.

Now that the cosmic-level threat of the Void has been dealt with, I think it's time to visit the idea that there are still lower-intensity (but still significant) costs of letting Joon do her thing without competitors, oversight, or any scrap of humility, really.

And @greedywholesome.9081, I for one don't think your idea sucked. I didn't have any particular attachment to Zojja because I don't like playing asura in general, and all I saw from her was her being super mean to Eir in dungeon cutscenes. But even I thought it would be cool to see Zojja return as an antagonist. She wouldn't have to go full Inquest or anything on us, but she could occupy the interesting gray zone where she's not explicitly trying to harm us, but is instead just laser-focused on her own goals and doesn't care who gets hurt along the way to it.

As for the logistical concerns for getting Felicia Day back on the cast, I think the "oh she's famous now" things are way overblown. Yes, she's successful in the nerd-business space and is well known, but in terms of voice acting, she's far from the biggest name in the business, let alone on the GW2 cast. GW2 already has Matt Mercer, Steve Blum, Sam Riegel, Troy Baker, and Jennifer Hale as recurring characters - these are big, big names in the world of voice acting. They even managed to get Kelly Hu (who is arguably more famous for her on-screen work) on board for a character that reappeared and died within a few Acts of EoD.

Most likely ANet just hasn't figured out what to do with Zojja, or even if they really want to take the effort to bring back the character at all.

Edited by voltaicbore.8012
  • Thanks 3

Aurene tells the Commander that she feels wierd and that he should go visit her. The Commander arrives at her location and tries to help her, BUT IT'S TOO LATE! JOKO HAS TAKEN OVER AURENE'S BODY AND NOW HE'S JOKO THE INEVITABLE ELDER DRAGON! PRAISE ELDER DRAGON JOKO!!!!!

• Haha 5

@voltaicbore.8012 - yeah I was kinda going for that plot twist and Zojja's hostility towards Eir was what made me think of it. If Zojja turns into a villain, then there's a valid excuse to use a different VA since her personality changed. No need to use Felicia Day. However, despite all of that, I still  miss her. lol. I like Asura coz Im terribad at jumping puzzles with Charr. 

• 2 months later...

How bout something like: mordremoth had more success with those pods than first thought and turns out, there's an evil Zoija running around. Real Zoija gets wind of it, so now she has to come back into action to help you take down evil Zoija and confronts her demons in the process, giving closure to her arc as a character (which right now seems very abrupt and unfinished).

On 5/19/2022 at 3:23 PM, Diovid.9506 said:

The big thing is, I think some people fell into the literal Asura propaganda into thinking the other races can't understand the tech.

Asura don't share. Rata Sum doesn't like sharing or teaching other races.

And I'm pretty sure they did the comms to get rid of the "Mail with every update" that old story used to get. Which makes sense. Get on comm and call the commander (when such tech WAS introduced earlier in the story as being a thing, just not for individual use at the time) vs writing a letter out.

7 hours ago, Kalavier.1097 said:

The big thing is, I think some people fell into the literal Asura propaganda into thinking the other races can't understand the tech.

Asura don't share. Rata Sum doesn't like sharing or teaching other races.

And I'm pretty sure they did the comms to get rid of the "Mail with every update" that old story used to get. Which makes sense. Get on comm and call the commander (when such tech WAS introduced earlier in the story as being a thing, just not for individual use at the time) vs writing a letter out.

I'd get over the comms being a thing if they didn't use the static sound effect of real world conventional radios.  Its one of the most immersion breaking things that they do to me on a regular basis.