Warclaws were added to the game with a single purpose in mind

7 hours ago, Aodlop.1907 said:

To flood the pool of mount skins with ones most players aren't interested in, so they have to buy more gems to get the skins they do want.

This mount's so similar to the jackal it might as well just have been a jackal. Make the jackal usable in WvW, disable its blink, give it the Warclaw's ability in this game mode.

If anything, that would helped to give the Jackal some form of relevance. 

And the jackel is just like the raptor. Just remove everything that makes it the jackel, and give it everything it needs to be a raptor. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Sarius.9285 said:

that....does not disprove me lol. I said it's underused, not that it's underdesigned....

Please read with understanding (even if it's something you wrote in the first place 😄 ). In that quoted sentence you said there's no reason to use it. In the same sentence you instantly came up with a reason to use it. So.. yeah, you did prove yourself wrong in the same sentence.

Where you even got "underdesigned" from, I have no idea.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Aodlop.1907 said:

To flood the pool of mount skins with ones most players aren't interested in, so they have to buy more gems to get the skins they do want.

Everything added since late PoF was added to have something new to monetize. Capes, fishing, skiff, etc.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, Aodlop.1907 said:

I just came back to 17 notifications because some dude dug through my post history and added the wide eyes emoji to all my most recent posts.

High IQ moves I see.

Well to be fair most of your posts are kinda dodgy.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

58 minutes ago, Aodlop.1907 said:

I just came back to 17 notifications because some dude dug through my post history and added the wide eyes emoji to all my most recent posts.

High IQ moves I see.

Being stalked with silent downvotes is the best.

It means your opinion on the internet made someone(or multiple people) so mad that they can't even express in words why you're wrong and just rely on pressing a button as hard as they can on all your opinions.

Edited by Kozumi.5816
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

While i agree the Warclaw is pretty useless its closer to the raptor than the Jackal.. And fyi i prefer the jackal to both of them.

2 hours ago, Aodlop.1907 said:

High IQ moves I see.

I get the same i'm not that fussed i think its funny as. I'm glad they took the time 😂

Edited by Dante.1508
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Dante.1508 said:

While i agree the Warclaw is pretty useless its closer to the raptor than the Jackal.. And fyi i prefer the jackal to both of them.

I get the same i'm not that fussed i think its funny as. I'm glad they took the time 😂

It’s a WvW mount and, surprise, quite useful in WvW. 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Aodlop.1907 said:

You guys need to stop using that wide eyes emoji on my posts because they make it seem as though what I'm saying makes no sense when it's, in fact, perfectly logical. 

It's not perfectly logical though. Your reasoning is based on assumptions that you cannot prove as factual. That alone makes the logic fail. And also the look and feel of the Warclaw is very much different. It's a lot more bulky than the Jackal, for example. Sure, there are a few bulky skins for the Jackal like the tiger one but that's really unlike the Jackal skins in general.

You could equally argue that the Warclaw and Raptor could be merged as one, but it still requires a different skill bar for WvW which is fundamentally different because the Warclaw doesn't have to be the same for all your characters depending on how many points you put into the Warclaw.

Also it's not certain that the switching between skill bars between PvE and WvW is as easily coded as you might think so that's also a consideration cause I think it's more plausible that it's not. The point that you switch between a fixed skill bar and a dynamic one could be trouble already.

And the unlock of the Warclaw in WvW has a purpose. So you ignore that as well. And the point that you do NOT have to unlock the Jackal is also a big deal because people might not want to go through the PoF story and just wanna WvW. So it's important that the Warclaw can be accessed in WvW separately.

And, of course, it's a money maker for Anet just the same, so what sounds logical to you, certainly isn't logical to Anet.

So no...your reasoning is not "perfectly logical". And you might have a counter or "solution" for each point I make, but that just confirms how different the two mounts are.

• Like 3

That argument doesn't really make sense. "To flood the pool of mount skins with ones most players aren't interested in, so they have to buy more gems to get the skins they do want."

How does the number of skins available that we don't want make us buy the ones we want?  Like, my favourite skin is the Skimmer Jet Ski skin.Doesn't matter how many other skins were available, I'd have bought it. Especially wouldn't matter what skins were available for other mounts. I'd have bought the Jet Ski skin regardless. Whether the mount skins were doubled or it was the Jet Ski or default Skimmer, I'd have bought the Jet Ski.

I haven't bought any skins for the Warclaw, I play a lot of WvW but still on default skin. Thinking I might at some point spend the 200g, unlock the reward track and use the Warclaw skin you get from completing it.

I thought the Warclaw was just added to give us a way to get about the WvW maps a bit faster, not to flood us with skins. We couldn't exactly get PvE mounts in WvW. There would be no need for siege, just fly in. Unless the structures got roofs or you couldn't mount near them. So they gave us the Warclaw. It can't jump into a closed building but it can get you about the map.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Sinmir.6504 said:

That argument doesn't really make sense. "To flood the pool of mount skins with ones most players aren't interested in, so they have to buy more gems to get the skins they do want."

How does the number of skins available that we don't want make us buy the ones we want?  Like, my favourite skin is the Skimmer Jet Ski skin.Doesn't matter how many other skins were available, I'd have bought it. Especially wouldn't matter what skins were available for other mounts. I'd have bought the Jet Ski skin regardless. Whether the mount skins were doubled or it was the Jet Ski or default Skimmer, I'd have bought the Jet Ski.

I haven't bought any skins for the Warclaw, I play a lot of WvW but still on default skin. Thinking I might at some point spend the 200g, unlock the reward track and use the Warclaw skin you get from completing it.

I thought the Warclaw was just added to give us a way to get about the WvW maps a bit faster, not to flood us with skins. We couldn't exactly get PvE mounts in WvW. There would be no need for siege, just fly in. Unless the structures got roofs or you couldn't mount near them. So they gave us the Warclaw. It can't jump into a closed building but it can get you about the map.

OP's problem is that the Warclaw has 4 legs, just like Jackal, therefore there is no need for the Warclaw due to them being so similiar, despite the only similiarities ending at both being 4 legged. Theme, role, special ability, etc, are all different.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

You're correct! Let's remove the Jackal and make the Raptor look and act like the Jackal! They are so similiar, both run and jump. We should also remove the Skyscale and just make the Griffon look like one and do what a Skyscale can! There is no need for two mounts when they are so similiar.

Just take away all the mounts and give us some coconut shells and we can run along and make our own sounds.  Isn't that what we were doing in WvW before the warclaw?

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Sinmir.6504 said:

When the pool of RNG-locked skins gets bigger, the chance to get the skin you want gets smaller, thus players have to pay more gems for more attempts.

Basically the idea is, more failed attempts to get that one skin you want equals spending more gems.

Although this idea hinges on Arenanet adding skins to the RNG mount skin pool of the mount adoption license. I don't know if Arenanet actually does that.

Edited by Fueki.4753

6 hours ago, Sarius.9285 said:

I did not. Please read it again  🙂

I said  "Besides Portals there's no reason to use it"

"There's no reason to use it besides the reasons to use it" is exactly the point of what you wrote and yes, it does since you very clearly need to dismiss some reasons to use it in order to pretend there are no reasons, I'm not sure what you're still missing about that. The backpedalling from you is rather strong here, but it's absolutely clear what you wrote there and then failed to understand it. And it's not just the portals you wrote about, but also "being faster uphill", where in reality it doesn't even need to be some constant "uphill" terrain, just the... lets call it strongly varied one, including sharper turns/shorter straights where the raptor jump will just go to waste.

And the part about "underdesigned" wasn't you misreading anything either, eh? Ok then 😄

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 5/21/2022 at 9:51 AM, Aodlop.1907 said:

Which could have been achieved by giving that role to the already underused Jackal, which looks pretty much the same anyway.

Dude, no offense intended, but just because you don't use it often, doesn't mean the overall player population behaves the same way.

Also, the warclaw is different enough to the jackal that it's plain to see. Usage, animations, skills available to the player. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1