I asked for Taimi to die 4 years ago.

Aodlop.1907

She doesn’t have a ticking clock over her head. Nothing says she was due to die in 4 years, in fact the narrative has been hinting strongly towards finding a technological solution to her problem. It made no real sense to have her story end before the Dragon story ended given her integral role in that journey.

Im quite happy to see her story continue. 

• Like 8
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, Telgum.6071 said:

I agree, but don't you ever get tired of complaining? Every time I open a complaining thread about an aspect of the game, there is a high change you are the OP.

Do you like GW2?

I'm always surprised about the number of people on this forum that I have never seen say a single positive thing about the game, say the game is bad, and yet... don't stop posting on the forums 🙃

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

Not sure if it's about a character they hate, but rather a long, dragged out theme that they want to be over with.

It's this. If you introduce a character and mention that this character is deadly ill with no chance of recovery, then you cannot just keep treating it as a conversation topic only. There have to be consequences.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Vayne.8563 said:

Anyone got an idea of how much time has passed in the story since we found out?

When you go to your story journal, there are fictional dates assigned to each expansion or Living world episode. 

They pretty much match real life usually.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Vayne.8563 said:

There are lots of fatal diseases that can take years to kill you.

Yes. In this case however we've been informed somewhere during LS4 that her illness is accelerating, and that she is dying.

10 minutes ago, Vayne.8563 said:

More so, I'm not 100% sure 4 years in real life is 4 years game time. Anyone got an idea of how much time has passed in the story since we found out?

Official stance of Anet they made somewhere at the very beginning is that we should assume the time in-game roughly matches the time in the real world. Oonly in general sense, of course - obviously if there are two living chapters that seem to happen right after another, then they happen right after another, without a 3-month downtime in-between. Still, for the most part events are supposed to follow the natural passage of time in the real world.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, AgentMoore.9453 said:

but to any player who may have a similar condition who gets to watch it be milked and trivialized over and over.

Now you're going a bit too far xD

If anyone gets offended because a 3D character in a fictional fantasy world has her condition fixed they should not be  anywhere around the internet.

Edited by StarPT.7431
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Aodlop.1907 said:

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/32698-taimi-should-probably-die/

And she since has contracted a severe illness, which we were told would be fatal. I'm grateful, but that's not enough.

When you introduce a plot point, that plot point NEEDS to pay off eventually, or else it just leads to frustration for the playerbase, like it did with Malyck for example.

Taimi has been sick for way too long by now.

So yeah, it's time. Kill Taimi please, preferably in the next LW episode. 

If they kill Taimi i'm done, they need to kill of Brahm and Ritlock or Rox.... they are useless characters, at least Taimi makes herself useful and her voice actress is great.. They already killed off Zojja.. We need more Asuras. Not less.

She an awesome character, shes what makes following the story fun.

Plus Jade Tech seems to have fixed her for now.

Edited by Dante.1508
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

Not sure if it's about a character they hate, but rather a long, dragged out theme that they want to be over with.

Oh, no, Gw2 enthusiast's have long memories. You'll find there are still people who want Taimi and Braham dead for their roles in LWS3 (Taimi's machinations were the only sense of coherent plot tying the vaguely human-centric plotline together, and Braham because some people want him replaced with a silver fox or grizzled warmaiden for fetish reasons I guess).

From my understanding, back in 2015, there was also a large following who wanted Traehearne dead for his role in the personal story, so this isn't exactly a new trend.

Edited by Westenev.5289
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Vayne.8563 said:

There are lots of fatal diseases that can take years to kill you. More so, I'm not 100% sure 4 years in real life is 4 years game time. Anyone got an idea of how much time has passed in the story since we found out?

Zhaitan Dies/ LWS1 begins in 1326.

LWS2 is 1327

HoT is in 1328.

PoF is in 1330.

LWS4 is in 1331.

IBS begins in 1332 and ends in 1334.

EoD is 1335.

I assume a Tyrian year is roughly the same as an earth year.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Aodlop.1907 said:

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/32698-taimi-should-probably-die/

And she since has contracted a severe illness, which we were told would be fatal. I'm grateful, but that's not enough.

She didn't contract that severe illness.

She's had it since her very first introduction. Her crippling illness that would eventually - someday, in the distant future - be the death of her before any normal natural death was part of her very second release interaction. Which, if ArenaNet brings it back, will be in the beginning half of Episode 5.

So don't assume they gave her this illness to placate you or others who want Taimi to die.

And for the record, this is a similar disease that Stephen Hawking had. Not the exact same, but similar in how it's a very slow killer. He died when he was 76.

Now from a doylist perspective, ArenaNet will have a lot of issue killing Taimi. For two reasons: 1) she's a huge fan favorite, especially when introduced. She does bug some vocal minority, but unlike characters such as Trahearne, the majority who like Taimi is vocal too. 2) Similar to why they won't easily kill Caithe or Kasjory couple, it's a bit of a faux pass to kill off your superminority. Ever heard of the trope "burying your gays"? There's similar one for cripples too. Taimi is the game's token cripple and that gives her a bit of a bubble of protection lest ArenaNet face the wrath of social media critics (and that may not sound threatening, but internet boycotting is a legit thing to harm sales and if the korean overlords at ncsoft see sales diminish... that doesn't bold well for GW2).

6 hours ago, Aodlop.1907 said:

No. They've been hinting at her demise for too long for her to survive.

If she does recover, then I'll feel like we're in a Marvel movie or a DBZ episode, where people don't actually die as long as they're a main character.  

This is bad. She NEEDS to die. 

They've also been hinting at ways for her to survive. Blish's mind transference into a golem. Aurene branding her body to heal her. Using jadetech that has already proven useful in mitigating the symptoms. S4 actually presents counters to her illness before they brought her illness out of remission.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Official stance of Anet they made somewhere at the very beginning is that we should assume the time in-game roughly matches the time in the real world. Oonly in general sense, of course - obviously if there are two living chapters that seem to happen right after another, then they happen right after another, without a 3-month downtime in-between. Still, for the most part events are supposed to follow the natural passage of time in the real world.

That was their official stance during Season 1. They dropped that after and only have the stance of years syncing up because the canon timegap between the end or S2E8 and beginning of HoT is 24 hours while irl it was an 8 month gap.

Of course there are still issues with this, such as how S3 begins a full year after HoT (which canonically took 43 days) but the events that begin S3 shoulda been weeks/months after HoT instead of a year. Or how EoD is written with dialogue pretty heavily establishing the year is 1334 AE, when the story journal says 1335 AE to match the annual time syncing and the 4 month delay that happened (originally EoD was to release in November 2021 which would have fit the 1334 calendar sync).

Edited by Konig Des Todes.2086
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

They don't need to kill her off. Just tell new stories that don't include the regular cast of characters all the time.

Honestly that's how the EoD ending feels like. The final instance gives off a "retirement of the old cast". They'll show up now and then as cameos, but I imagine we'll get some newbies showing up as regulars in the new Cantha map / Expansion 4 / Season 6 (whichever comes first).

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Lottie.5370 said:

I'm always surprised about the number of people on this forum that I have never seen say a single positive thing about the game, say the game is bad, and yet... don't stop posting on the forums 🙃

It's kinda tiring at times though in chats. Like mention X chapter and suddenly it's a massive barrage of how awful anet is or how terrible the writing is etc.

me: "Okay but can we just go back to having a fun chat again instead of doing the same rant about that chapter for the 20th time?"

4 hours ago, Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

Honestly that's how the EoD ending feels like. The final instance gives off a "retirement of the old cast". They'll show up now and then as cameos, but I imagine we'll get some newbies showing up as regulars in the new Cantha map / Expansion 4 / Season 6 (whichever comes first).

Taimi has signed up to work with Joon to solve the energy crisis, Gorrik, Rama, and Marjory are off building a new detective agency. Kasmeer acting as official Krytan Ambassador. Ivan is going legit airship captain, also acting as ship for the detective trio. Logan is retiring/vacation while the Pact figures out what's going on. Rytlock is helping rebuild the blood legion. Braham is recovering and vacation. Rox is dating and doing her own thing.

Honestly the only character I directly imagine we would see more of in the near future for sure is Yao, who was given an offer to join Dragon's Watch in that instance and said they would perhaps accept.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

16 hours ago, Westenev.5289 said:

I always thought that her character arc would end in her becoming a golem (kinda like Blish).

You know why Blish died? Because golem.

If Taimi turns into a golem, all her fans will no longer care about her, since she won't be pretty anymore. Which is why anet most likely will cure her with some asspull.