Why is there no Legendary Aquatic Headgear?

Yeah there's not enough underwater content to make a legendary for it, that's why we only have gen 1 legendary underwater weapons instead of all 3 gens having one. Like a lot of people said it would make sense to just remove it and let us use our helmet stats. I wouldn't mind making one but it's also a bit silly to make one for dead content. T4 underwater fractal is easy enough where you can just run rare underwater gear to clear it.

I think if they do plan on making a legendary underwater rebreather then they could make a collection for it to unlock it, kind of like what they did with the free amulet for the return achievements. 

• Like 6

Apparently there is an underwater arena for pvp, the map just isn't in the rotation. 

Many players like the idea of under-water combat, but they would be quiet frustrated to experience it.

I vaguely remember an underwater objective in world vs world you could try capturing that and then defending it from other factions.  Especially if you are running one of the classes that has poor aquatic skills.

They made an expansion with an ocean elder dragon, a leviathan boss, and fishing; yet they still didn't update aquatic fighting.  People had hoped EoD would bring competent, and competitive, sub-nautical combat to the game, it didn't happen. 

A legendary breather would raise the same expectations again. Though players may get over their disappointment just as quickly as when EoD didn't improve aquatic combat.

I know that there are players who want to be in full, full, legendary gear so Anet might as well make a legendary breather.  I expect the compleationists outnumber the water enthusiasts. 

• Like 3

For the aquatic headgear... I'd rather just have the aquatic slot be visual only (no stats, no rune - but replaces head gear appearance while underwater) and the game using your normal helmet stats + rune while underwater too. This would remove the need for there being a legendary variant for the slot, and just really a QoL change for this very unnecessary extra gear slot.

5 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

So a 32 slot bag you can chose the prefix on like safebox?

Think big .. 50 slot legendary bag! With .. 5 partitions (10 slots each) that you can customize for different purposes (like crafting bag, trash bag, invis bag etc). To make it extra fancy, it could even color-code the inventory slots that share the same purpose (like having grey background for the trash bag slots, or purple for invis slots etc). And works with armory, so if you finish it once you can equip it once on every character 😄 (of course with appropriately huge effort, time and cost investments befitting a legendary)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I think too would be better if they take that out (just use the stats of your helmet) , the only content where you actually care about your aquatic stuff  is underwater fractal who is also the worst fractal you can get ( i used to love dolphins , now that i regularly do my t4 i hate them !)

But in the wide game , underwater is poorly designed , you have no weapon to choose , some specs/skills doesnt work in water (try playing mech or play rev. with kalla underwater ...) it's just a content who is there but won't get any changes , and i personnaly dont mind about it, they are more important things to change than water combat.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, zeyeti.8347 said:

I think too would be better if they take that out (just use the stats of your helmet) , the only content where you actually care about your aquatic stuff  is underwater fractal who is also the worst fractal you can get ( i used to love dolphins , now that i regularly do my t4 i hate them !)

But in the wide game , underwater is poorly designed , you have no weapon to choose , some specs/skills doesnt work in water (try playing mech or play rev. with kalla underwater ...) it's just a content who is there but won't get any changes , and i personnaly dont mind about it, they are more important things to change than water combat.

Well considering legendary is the same strenght as ascended and the 32 slot bag is ascended your either getting 32 slot or upgrading the existing bags to 50 since legendary is not better then ascended in any other slot.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

16 hours ago, NotTooFoolish.7412 said:

But we would just drown without it 😞

Try unequipping that aqua-breather, and go take a deep dive into any clear or vermin infested body of water ... The only thing you'll be missing is the 6th bonus of  whatever rune set you use. Breathing underwater without headgear is not a problem in GW2.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

I too would craft a legendary aqua breather, both for completionism sake and because unlike most, I actually DO in enjoy the underwater gameplay in GW2, although they definitely need to do more work on skills and content. 

WIth regards to legendary bags I think that bringing in 32 slot bags that can change between bag types AND be added to the legendary armory to be used by all characters would be a fantastic addition. I think there is an argument to be made that having legendary bags would also create an incentive to unlock bag slots on more alts.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Duglaive.5236 said:

Try unequipping that aqua-breather, and go take a deep dive into any clear or vermin infested body of water ... The only thing you'll be missing is the 6th bonus of  whatever rune set you use. Breathing underwater without headgear is not a problem in GW2.

*cough* *cough*, it was a joke.