let the daily achievement points not be Hardcapped

i mean i ve noticed and played the game for years now and I've been lookin at the wiki and that the cap for daily achievement points is capped at 15000, i mean isn't that rather redundant. you want peeps to log in to the game and do their dailies and do what else in the game to their content and it should not be capped at all but unlimited sure the dailes still give 10 points but its should not be hardcapped at 15000 and some the titles and  the rest of the skins are locked behind an huge amount of achievement points and 60k to get the last title according to the wiki and  yet you have it hard capped look i want to to do my dailies in that eventual grind to get all the skins and titles i mean the games been out for 10 years id gladly play another 10 more to get the last title from doing dailies alone or at least give us the option 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 8

The original intention was to close the gap between vets and new players by not having infinite achievement points and encouraging players to play other parts of the game to get their ap.

Plus they seem to have long since given up on achievement rewards so whilst I’m in no way for or against removing the cap, there’s not much to aim for

Also, just so you aware… someone will be mentioning the forum search function any minute now

• Like 8
  • Haha 7

As someone who's  capped daily AP on 3/4 accounts, I'm OK with where it stands.  Besides it's too late to change now as alot of the players that already hit the cap have since quit the game.

I would promote more gold reward for doing the dailies though, regardless of whether you've reached the AP cap or not.  5g is abit excessive, because it over rewards newer players still under the AP cap, but 3g is a fair compromise between the two groups.

10 minutes ago, HazyDaisy.4107 said:

I would promote more gold reward for doing the dailies though, regardless of whether you've reached the AP cap or not.  5g is abit excessive, because it over rewards newer players still under the AP cap, but 3g is a fair compromise between the two groups.

Assuming ANet implemented such a thing, I imagine they could keep it at 2 gold for those not yet at the 15K cap, and bump it to 3 (or 5 or whatever) for those no longer gaining AP from dailies.  I don't have a strong opinion on whether they should change anything regarding the cap, but that would prevent "over-rewarding" the ones under the cap per your suggestion.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, WOLFGENERAL.9564 said:

i mean i ve noticed and played the game for years now and I've been lookin at the wiki and that the cap for daily achievement points is capped at 15000, i mean isn't that rather redundant. you want peeps to log in to the game and do their dailies and do what else in the game to their content and it should not be capped at all but unlimited sure the dailes still give 10 points but its should not be hardcapped at 15000 and some the titles and  the rest of the skins are locked behind an huge amount of achievement points and 60k to get the last title according to the wiki and  yet you have it hard capped look i want to to do my dailies in that eventual grind to get all the skins and titles i mean the games been out for 10 years id gladly play another 10 more to get the last title from doing dailies alone or at least give us the option 

Although I still do the Dailies, I find it less enjoyable since I reached my cap knowing that it is no longer relevant to anything really worthwhile.

2 hours ago, Randulf.7614 said:

The original intention was to close the gap between vets and new players by not having infinite achievement points and encouraging players to play other parts of the game to get their ap.

Plus they seem to have long since given up on achievement rewards so whilst I’m in no way for or against removing the cap, there’s not much to aim for

It is still an extremely long road to reach 60k total APs for anyone. Unless you do all game modes, chances of most players getting within spitting distance is very very low. Although the rewards are nothing to get excited about, getting new skins is still better than nothing.

3 hours ago, Randulf.7614 said:

Also, just so you aware… someone will be mentioning the forum search function any minute now

I'm not interested in wasting my time searching forum, often scouring through pages and pages and pages of unrelated topics to find similar topics. So to that "someone" you mentioned, it's a big NO. Don't care about the forum policing from non-moderators.

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 4

I'm at the cap, and still do dailies.  Except the rare times where the choice of dailies is such that I think there are easier/faster ways to get the 2 GP.

I don't think those at the cap should get better rewards (should this apply to all other repeatable achievements which cap AP after 5 times?)  And given the difficulty of most dailies, 2 GP seems reasonable, especially since the requirement for most dailies (gathering, killing something, etc) provides some amount of loot.

I wouldn't be adverse to the cap being risen by some amount each year - for example, if the cap went up 500 AP/year, that means those at the cap would only need to do the daily 50 times the next year.  That would take about 1.5 months if the person wanted to complete it ASAP, or could average it out to about 1/week if they wanted to do it at leisurely pace.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, WOLFGENERAL.9564 said:

So you want the AP to be watered down further with even more daily AP?

Edited by mythical.6315

10 hours ago, WOLFGENERAL.9564 said:

tbh I dont think the skins and titles are worth worrying about. Personally, I dont ever use any of the Pinnacle skins and outside the odd fire demon themed toon I dont use the armor skins either (was nice to get the chest and legs finally tho). That said, I miss getting the AP from dailies too. I have posted as much in the past. Personally, I play less and less these days and no 10 AP from dailies is just one of the many reasons I dont play much anymore.

Top reasons I hardly play outside the daily login and a few weekly raids:

-No AP from dailies so no gain from dailies (I dont need 2g but I know, ty)

- One dodge Mirage and other Trade-Offs convinced me to stop bothering to practice or care about rPvP/WvW because random nerfs 100% change how a class is played then randomly goes back (relearning takes time and I get sick of repeat wastes of time to get back to the place I was before)

- Guild System is dysfunctional. That is, Guild Missions are pointless, Guild Halls are not used by guilds outside people hitting material nodes cause guild system is dysfunctional. Commencation rewards are 99% pointless. Guild Missions are WAY too complicated and hard/take too many people for 1-2 commendations other than the easy mode and getting rewards without completion (still fails)like Treks and Races. Guild's dont give people reasons to want to interact with other guild members. Guilds are mostly just crickets or LFG channels, at best. Most Guilds are silent and inactive or are again just lfg channels. Guilds could be a social aspect of the game. Seems like they should be more functional. (Missions that people would do and rewards that people would use/want) Guild Halls could suck less too. For instance, PvP arena in Hall could maybe let you choose pvp/wvw stats since dueling in PvE stats is totally kittening pointless!?! Stuff like that so Guild Halls no longer look and feel like we are in Beta Gw2 still.

Endgame could have better rewards or be less tedious. I used to do Fractals, but LFG groups are unpredictable so one day its smooth and another day its a horrible slog and the rewards are pretty meh either way once you have 3 sets of Legendary armor, all the legendary weapons you want, leg runes, sigils, Trinkets and also have the base skins you want from Fractals. Well by then the rewards in Fractals SUCK tbh.

Fractal rewards for me = useless ascended rings, chests, etc(salvage fodder); Skins I have; some gold. What I mean is, for me all I get from fractals is some gold and I don't really need gold badly enough to deal with Fractals unless its a very smooth run which is maybe half the time so I only do them now if friends wana do them and ask or if Im playing an alt account. I do some T4s on alt account when I get super bored. Thats really it tho.

Raids: I do some raids weekly its about all I do anymore in game. They are pretty fun and I like the rewards better than Fractals and they are much less Hassle than fractals.

Strikes seem ok but I was just feeling pretty done with the game going into 2020 cause of the one dodge and other nerfs. I just started to feel like I had to stop playing pve on my Mirage cause I was enjoying wvw but eventually I got tired of the slog of playing one dodge in wvw and now I just raid a little other than some chat when Im in game.

So I just have a hard time wanting to play I guess anymore.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

54 minutes ago, Moradorin.6217 said:

2g shouldn't be anything of Value to a player who has reached the 15k cap on dailies tbh. I can fart and generate 2g without leaving a starting town.

Eh depend on the day for me, if i don't have much time to play then that 2g is worth it, and its meant for you to accumulate over time not to struck it rich

I don't miss the 10 ap for dailies and I still do a daily-3 for the 2g. I mean, sure, it'd be nice to still get that, but now if the dailies are a hassle or, more likely, time is limited, I don't care if I miss out. I'm not overly focused on achievements, though, so can see if that is a big attraction for some that losing the 10/day is a big deal.

If the only  thing keeping someone playing is 10 AP then they will probably be quitting soon anyway.

If after 4 years doing dailies and the game still hasn't become a habit then this person is never acquiring this habit.

21 hours ago, Randulf.7614 said:

the original intent was probably to reduce the amount of AP rewards they have to make which is still working

Edited by Khisanth.2948
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, DD39C89C-1C46-4F28-BDB7-49 said:

It's ok that there is a limit for repeating achievements, but would be good to make it visible in-game for this one. It's probably the only achievement which repetitions' limit is hidden.

Would be good if they had mentioned the cap in Daily Completionist or just add the cap in the existing tooltip when you hover your cursor over your Achievement Points showing the breakdowns, i.e. Permanent - x/45000; Daily - y/15000; Total - z/60000

Edited by Silent.6137

2 hours ago, Silent.6137 said:

Would be good if they had mentioned the cap in Daily Completionist or just add the cap in the existing tooltip when you hover your cursor over your Achievement Points showing the breakdowns, i.e. Permanent - x/45000; Daily - y/15000; Total - z/60000

...it's already there?

On 11/3/2022 at 9:36 AM, Khisanth.2948 said:

If the only  thing keeping someone playing is 10 AP then they will probably be quitting soon anyway.

If after 4 years doing dailies and the game still hasn't become a habit then this person is never acquiring this habit.

the original intent was probably to reduce the amount of AP rewards they have to make which is still working

To the people who are at the cap and want to still get 10 ap its one of two reasons. Many seem to wana keep collecting the skins. Myself I just liked seeing some progress each day. It made me feel like a had more reason to do that stuff. I just dont bother now cause I dont care about the 2g and I got tired how variable the time requirement is for dailies so I just dont even look at the dailies unless I wana see Festival or Fractals (I do T4s on an alt account some)

• Confused 1