Why are EoD maps so dead already?

I was doing some more stuff in EoD maps again after getting burned out by other games and I noticed something. 
Nobody does metas anymore, they all fail constantly. Dragon's End meta is no surprise to fail because it's a huge failfest anyways with 90% of this playerbase being casuals who don't know simple basic mechanics that exist for 10 years. 
However the other maps are so empty and also the lfg is empty. Lfg in general is extremely empty recently. 
What happened? Even ESO isn't as dead despite it going downhill now. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 25

33 minutes ago, Cynder.2509 said:

What happened?

Again with this question.

There's squads doing the meta during the day and prime-time at night daily on NA server. Every single day. There were less during the holiday periods. If you're not searching LFG at least 45 mins before meta starts, chances of finding one is practically close to zero.. They all fill up very fast. Anyone doing meta will be on the meta maps, which will be full as well. So, if you're farming, you'll be on maps with the few other farmers.

Joining an unorganized squad that just pops up on the map, expect to fail more often than not. Search forum threads and you'll see many who had given plenty of advice on how to find squads and have virtually 100% success rate.

I've beem doing the meta daily on NA servers over the holidays and have always managed to find a squad to join.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 6

I only really go to EoD maps if I need something for a collection or to grind out an achievement; apart from that, I get no fun out of Cantha. This is very different from how I interact with HoT and PoF, as I am still entertained by both expansions long after their release (moreso HoT). YMMV.

I can't speak for everyone, but the main reasons I seldom visit EoD are:
- Bad optimization
- Low rewards
- Unattractive maps
- Sparse, boring events with bad scaling
- Annoying movement

Things like metas failing are an additional reason, but I feel like that'd be resolved if the other things were addressed.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 7
  • Confused 11

22 minutes ago, AgentMoore.9453 said:

:- Bad optimization
- Low rewards
- Unattractive maps
- Annoying movement

1. Bad optimizations as in? 
  2. One of the best maps for farming.
  3. Not the greatest looking but I don't find it unattractive
  4. You don't farm the events there obviously? There are lots of events and you can practically spend zero downtime doing events . And the scaling is great for those events.
  5. Not sure whar you meant by this

Not everyone will view the map the same way depending on their biasness but some of your points are definitely not true.

Edited by Silent.6137
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 14

1 hour ago, Silent.6137 said:

There's squads doing the meta during the day and prime-time at night daily on NA server. Every single day. There were less during the holiday periods. If you're not searching LFG at least 45 mins before meta starts, chances of finding one is practically close to zero.. They all fill up very fast. Anyone doing meta will be on the meta maps, which will be full as well. So, if you're farming, you'll be on maps with the few other farmers.

Joining an unorganized squad that just pops up on the map, expect to fail more often than not. Search forum threads and you'll see many who had given plenty of advice on how to find squads and have virtually 100% success rate.

I've beem doing the meta daily on NA servers over the holidays and have always managed to find a squad to join.

Well it seems taht NA is more lively than EU in that regard. EU is mostly pretty dead when I play. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 6

Hopefully now that Instance content is rewarding with gold (and not affected by over-farming it like OW), skins that normally would be locked behind it could be used in OW to make the map more active .

Spoiler

(if you dont like a very long-term grind ...aka OW Legendary Set ... then more reources..skins should be spent in OW every time ....You cannot atp the money rewards to outlast the one before)

And not force people from now on to join Hardstuck , like Soon-Won to be succeful 😛 Its dissseharting for new players to see open maps dead .  Instance content nobody cares what happens .

Spoiler

(thoses people are loosing casuals in the "entry lvl" such as here and here and most  casuals dont go in the forums . Might as well spent those resources in PvP and ban the toxic people there . Axaxaxaxax)

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 9

5 hours ago, Silent.6137 said:

This,   if I want to do ED meta, I know to get in early makes a huge difference.   My last 70 plus runs have had 100% success.    I don't like to get there 45 min early but it makes a difference.

Edited by Daniyyel.3428
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

usually when there's comm tags for events people show up. with the exception of DE when there's not a regular comm or community running it. EoD metas are some of the most profitable. If you look at raw profit per meta, they're among the highest, if not the highest. Also remember EU fast farming techniques for the other maps with lower profit per meta but higher g/h require some instance hopping tomfoolery. If you're just a normal person, EoD metas are among the best. 

Meta - [fast] Farming Community (farming-community.eu)

Edited by Firebeard.1746
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

12 hours ago, Cynder.2509 said:

Nobody does metas anymore, they all fail constantly. Dragon's End meta is no surprise to fail because it's a huge failfest anyways with 90% of this playerbase being casuals who don't know simple basic mechanics that exist for 10 years. 

You answered your own question right there

• Confused 6

54 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

The metas are done, what you don’t have is many people doing casual messing around in the maps because there is very little to encourage that. EoD is a different game design philosophy to the rest of gw2.

There is no issue getting the main metas done on EU though.

There's no issue getting the metas done in NA either.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, AgentMoore.9453 said:

I only really go to EoD maps if I need something for a collection or to grind out an achievement; apart from that, I get no fun out of Cantha. This is very different from how I interact with HoT and PoF, as I am still entertained by both expansions long after their release (moreso HoT). YMMV.

I can't speak for everyone, but the main reasons I seldom visit EoD are:
- Bad optimization
- Low rewards
- Unattractive maps
- Annoying movement

Things like metas failing are an additional reason, but I feel like that'd be resolved if the other things were addressed.

You just described Path of Fire maps though?

• Confused 2